Assistant Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer
Procurement, Business Contracts, Payment Services, HUB/Small, Minority Business Program
University of Texas at Austin
2017 - Current
• Responsible for the oversight of the University's Procure-to-Pay process to include Procurement, Contract Administration, Payment Services, Travel and Procurement Card Program for all goods and services to include major construction with an estimated total annual spend in excess of $1 Billion dollars. Portfolio consisted of 50+ team members including seven (7) senior level direct reports.
• Oversee the University's HUB/Small, Minority Business Program to ensure that Procurement and Contracting process is inclusive in providing opportunities for HUB/Small, Minority businesses and creating a fair and open competitive market, and improving community awareness.
• Execute Purchase Orders and Contracts up to $1M dollars and approve purchasing methods to be used prior to contract execution.
• Oversaw several high profile campus wide process improvement initiatives that improved the efficiency of various procurement methods while mitigating risk such as revamping the Procurement Card program and Independent Contractor process and reorganization of Procurement teams to align with strategic sourcing initiatives and fostering operational excellence.
• Revised outdated procurement policy and procedures to align with applicable state and federal public purchasing laws and consistent with best practices while empowering team to be more customer service focused.
• Created and trained Procurement and Contracting team on RFP/Solicitation road maps and contracting terms and conditions template playbook to be used by staff in negotiations with vendors.
• Implemented and maintained a cost-savings plan for procurement and contracting services team supported through strategic sourcing initiatives that yielded in excess of $10 million over two (2) years.
• Represent the University as the Chairman of the University of Texas Supply Chain Alliance, Advisory Member of the University Chief Business Officers Council and as an Advisory Board Member on E&I Cooperative Services Strategic Sourcing Committee.
• Review, vet and collaborate with Group Purchasing Organizations and Purchasing Cooperatives on strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Promoted utilization and obtained training for key University stakeholders and team members on LEAN Six Sigma methodologies to enhance, track and monitor procurement efficiencies.
• Reviewed the technology needs of portfolio and campus and championed the implementation of contract management system and other vendor catalogs to be used in Supply Chain punch-out system.
- Assistant Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer at University of Texas at Austin
- Executive Director of Procurement (Chief Procurement and Contracting Officer) at University Health System
- Sr. Director of Procurement and Supplier Diversity (Chief Procurement and Contracting Officer) at North Texas Tollway Authority
- Purchasing and Contracts Administrator at San Antonio Independent School District
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Policy and Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Pre Law
Highland Heights, KY (Acquired by Prysmian Group in 2018) 2016 - 2018
A $5B global leader, designing and manufacturing high quality Aluminum, Copper and Fiber Optic cable and system
solutions for the energy, construction, industrial, specialty, and communications markets with 29 global manufacturing
plants and 10,000 employees. NYSE: BGC
Chief Procurement Officer
Member of the leadership team. Recruited into role to transform procurement to a high performing strategic, center- led organization and drive productivity across $3.5B of global spend. Led a global team of 100+ associates.
• Designed, recruited, and transformed a de-centralized, regionally focused, procurement organization to a high performing global center-led strategic function. Improved organizational maturity by 70% within the first year.
• Delivered $90M+ in Year-Over-Year savings, with $52M delivered within the first 12 months, at an ROI of 6X, exceeding expectations by 30%. Improved cash flow by $36M.
• Created and implemented a global strategic-sourcing playbook yielding $100M+ in cost out opportunities
• Designed and deployed a procurement Center of Excellence program globally, driving excellence across talent, process and policies, technology and tools, compliance, sustainability, risk management and supplier engagement.
• Improved and Standardized procurement policies and Procure-to-Pay processes globally reducing operational costs by 18%.
• Achieved $20M in savings by revamping the process for aluminum and copper purchases, the company's highest COGS at $2B+.
• Initiated the hedging of Aluminum and Copper significantly reducing business exposure to pricing volatility.
• Implemented best-cost-country sourcing for metals & polymers yielding over 15% YOY productivity.
• Optimized global supply base by 24%, from 17,000 to 13,000, through supplier consolidation, and developing and implementing new standards for suppler on-boarding.
• Successfully deployed the transition of polymers from a near-monopolistic supply environment yielding over 13% of productivity improvement.
• Implemented risk mitigation strategies for 1) Supply - migrating from sole and single sources to qualified dual suppliers, as well as formalizing contingency plans globally; and 2) Cost - with forward-price fixing and derivative based commodity hedging (metals, plastics, chemicals, natural gas, and diesel fuel).
• Established a PMO (Project Management Office) for all Procurement projects. Formalized cross-functional engagement between technology, operations, finance, and procurement.
• Re-engineered the procurement and management of Capital Equipment and P-cards improving both efficiency, productivity, and cash flow. Outsourced management of real-estate resulting in lower lease costs.
• Deployed plan for S2P (source-to-pay) platform enhancement.
- Chief Procurement Officer at General Cable Corporation
- Vice President, Global Procurement at EXIDE TECHNOLOGIES
- Manager, Global Sourcing & Outsourcing at CNH GLOBAL N.V (Case New Holland)
- Project Engineer, Corporate Development at CNH GLOBAL N.V
2 years at this Job
- Master's Degree - Industrial Technology
- Bachelor's Degree - Industrial and Production Engineering
• Manage and oversee the Department's Procurement and Facilities Management Division (Procurement and Buildings and Grounds). Direct and supervise staff, consisting of thirty-eight (38) full time employees: one (1) Bureau Chief; seven (7) middle managers and thirty-one (31) administrative and maintenance staff.
• Monitor and track the Division's annual budget, approve annual purchase orders, budget adjustments and payment vouchers. Establish budget projections for subsequent fiscal years.
• Advise and guide the Department's Executive Management Team on procurement's relating to highway, road and bridge construction/re-construction, traffic safety, transit and rail, aviation, research and other transportation related services.
• Coordinate and manage the Department's capital projects and special projects, or needs, aimed at sustaining the Department's buildings, utilities and related infrastructure.
• Train, advise and guide Division staff in writing solicitations, the procurement process, negotiating and awarding contracts for services, professional services, construction and tangible personal property.
• Authorize small purchases, sole source and emergency procurements for services, professional services, construction and tangible personal property.
• Work closely with the Department's Office of General Counsel in drafting and finalizing contractual documents for legal sufficiency.
- Division Director-Chief Procurement Officer at New Mexico Department of Transportation
- Bureau Chief-Chief Procurement Officer at New Mexico Department of Transportation
- Project Specialist at Santa Fe County
- Purchasing Director at Santa Fe County
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Direction of agency-wide procurement, asset management.
• Review and development of business processes to generate greater efficiencies and savings.
• Collection, review and reporting of data including spend analytics, operational costs and personnel efficiency.
• RFx activities including specification and solicitation document development, review and process
• Contract negotiation, management and administration.
• Supervision of section staff.
• Provide high quality internal and external customer service.
• Interpretation, advisement and suggested revisions for internal and external personnel on statutes, rules and regulations.
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Senior Subcontract Administrator at CACI
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Initiates, oversees, manages, and participates in the Authority's procurement and grant management activities to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Prepares and maintains the Authority's budget through oversight of departmental spending and analysis of the Authority's financial position, providing direction and assistance to other departments regarding accounting and budgeting policies. Maintains Authority's financial records, with use of established controls, to ensure accuracy and compliance with established fiscal policies, applicable laws, regulations, and accounting requirements on a regular basis. Reports as required to federal and state government. Oversees the Finance Department and ensures all Authority policies and procedures are met. Reviews, develops, and maintains Finance policies, procedures, and rules through oversight of their consistent application and enforcement. Serves as staff representative on Finance Committee and provides financial and non-financial reports to the Board of Directors as needed at the direction of the Executive Director. Acts as Finance representative on collective bargaining team during negotiations. Notable Accomplishments
• Increased and balanced the budget for STARS by utilizing better match between Federal and State share for the annual operating grant and ensuring expenses are monitored and controlled. This allowed for STARS to expand hours and offer new services to the community, including increased access to jobs and non-emergency medical transport.
• Coordinated the Comprehensive Review and ensured the complete compilation of required documents resulting in significantly fewer findings from previous Review.
• Compiled Finance Department procedures into one comprehensive guide for ease of reference that is consistently updated to follow current MDOT and FTA regulations.
- CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER at Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services
- PAYROLL COORDINATOR at via Kelly Services
- OFFICE MANAGER/ACCOUNTANT at Ashford Financial Group
- ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT AND CLERICAL RECEPTIONIST at Lyle Industries, Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- MBA - Professional Accounting
· 3+ years experience in accounting including data entry, coding and review of Accounts Payable invoices and expense reports; cash receipts, daily bank reconciliation, contracting, procurement, accounts receivable, and audit documentation · Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and applications · Responds to all questions from employees, vendors, and administration · Match invoices to Purchase Orders, review packing slips and apply discounts · Interpret legislative, regulatory and policy guidance to determine the effect on accounting activities · Review acquisitions for appropriate method of procurement and processing unsolicited proposals · Responsible for contract solicitation, source selection, contractor/recipient proposal evaluation and pricing, negotiation, and administration · Developing bids, request for proposals, purchase requests, purchase orders, and balancing budgets · Human resources; payroll to include salary schedules, input and tracking of employee data, including available contract days and attendance reimbursement, timesheets for eligible employees, state and federal forms for employees · Administrator of benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, ERB, and vision · Direct, coordinate, monitor, manage financial activities, and analyze expenditures Budget planning and development of yearly budgets as directed by the Head Administrator
· 3+ years experience in accounting including data entry, coding and review of Accounts Payable invoices and expense reports; cash receipts, daily bank reconciliation, contracting, procurement, accounts receivable, and audit documentation
· Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and applications
· Responds to all questions from employees, vendors, and administration
· Match invoices to Purchase Orders, review packing slips and apply discounts
· Interpret legislative, regulatory and policy guidance to determine the effect on accounting activities
· Review acquisitions for appropriate method of procurement and processing unsolicited proposals
· Responsible for contract solicitation, source selection, contractor/recipient proposal evaluation and pricing, negotiation, and administration
· Developing bids, request for proposals, purchase requests, purchase orders, and balancing budgets
· Human resources; payroll to include salary schedules, input and tracking of employee data, including available contract days and attendance reimbursement, timesheets for eligible employees, state and federal forms for employees
· Administrator of benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, ERB, and vision
· Direct, coordinate, monitor, manage financial activities, and analyze expenditures
Budget planning and development of yearly budgets as directed by the Head Administrator
- Business Manager/Chief Procurement Officer at Southwest Aeronautics, Mathematics, & Science Academy
- Merchandising Manager at Barnes and Noble
- Field Service Representative at Scholastic Book Fairs
- Retail Merchandiser at Levy Home Entertainment
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration and Computer Information Systems
Orchestrates the day to day procurement and contracting functions that support 115 school sites with over
$300M in contractual actions annually; sole contracting authority for the agency with an unlimited warrant;
establishes and adjusts short- and long-term spend priorities applying appropriate procurement strategies.
• Manages the daily procurement functions of 15 staff.
• Educates internal customers on best practices with the development of a training course.
• Manages relationships with executive management ensuring overall agency objectives were met; serves as procurement subject matter expert to all internal staff.
• Solves unprecedented contractual technical problems encountered by subordinates and internal customers.
• Negotiates and oversees complex contracts, ensuring supplier and organizational compliance with local and federal regulatory requirements.
• Continuing development and implementation of key procurement policies and processes including strategic sourcing, supplier selection, contracting, and supplier relationship management.
• Ensures use of suitable contract avenues to maximize budget impact.
• Guided and mentored the contracts staff through workflow changes as the department underwent a business process change.
• Develops the evaluation criteria and source selection plans for best value and trade-off acquisitions; provides the final determination and award for all contract actions.
• Collaborates with external District agency stakeholders, including Office of Attorney General, Office of Risk Management, Office of the City Administrator and Office of Policy and Legislative Affairs. Fort Washington, MD (301) 481-6905 [email protected] linkedin.com/in/candaceabutler/
• Reviews and approves all procurement packages (4,000 contract actions annually).
• Ensure timely and accurate issuance of reports to Senior Management, Department of Small and Local Business Developing and regulating other authorities.
• Surpassed agencies local/small business spending goal for 3 years consecutively.
- Chief Procurement Officer / Deputy Chief, Office at DC Public Schools
- Director, Contracts & Procurement Services at Washington Sports and Convention Authority
- Procurement Analyst at Library of Congress
- Contract Analyst II at Fairfax County Government
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- - B.A.s
Direct and lead the $2B global supply chain team of 500 personnel spanning 10 countries with a direct report to the COO.
Formulate supply chain strategy and drive make or buy analysis, identifying potential mergers and acquisitions prospects to reduce supply chain risk and managing global supplier base
• Achieved excellence in execution with notable 15% on time delivery (OTD) and 30% PPM on quality in FYs 2017/18 through improved supplier performances.
• Secured savings of 10% by revisiting category strategies and launching sourcing plans in FY 2018.
• Increased company's competitiveness and efficiency by expanding and establishing local supply chain teams across Australia, Brazil, Egypt, India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Saudi Arabia.
• Launched digital transformation of the supply chain (e-procurement, Risk management)
- CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER at confidentiel
- GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR FIELD EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES at Schlumberger
- GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING at Schlumberger
- VICE PRESIDENT, SUPPLY CHAIN AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - RAFALE EXPORT PROJECT at Thales Group
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
• Created more purchasing power by involving Lea County into more Cooperative Agreements with companies they were already using.
• Wrote the Requisition Program to assure compliance of the New Mexico State Statute that requires all purchases be approved by the Chief Procurement Officer to eliminate audit findings.
• Drafting, negotiating, and executing contractual documents including but not limited to Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, and Letter Agreements to ensure the best outcome for Lea County, New Mexico
• Mediated disputes between vendors and Lea County Personnel involving costs, deliverables, and professional disagreements to create a positive resolution
• Negotiated $70,000.00 in savings for our Production Services for the 2019-20 Fair & Rodeo Concert Series, convinced companies to get under our $20,000.00 small purchasing policy saving up to 20% on purchases up to $25,000.00, and challenging utility bills that were out of the normal range saving $10,000.00 for the 18-19 fiscal year.
- Buyer/Chief Procurement Officer at LEA COUNTY FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- Accounts Payable Specialist at Lea County Finance Department
- Field Employee Development Coordinator Human Resource Development at Halliburton
- Cement - Field Employee Development Coordinator/Bulk Pool Manager at HALLIBURTON, INC
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Procurement
10. VP & Chief Procurement Officer (Procurement, Real Estate, Materials Management & Commodity Risk Management) Resume
VP & Chief Procurement Officer (Procurement, Materials Mgmt., Real Estate & Commodity Risk Management) Global Leadership for ~$2.5B of spend across Direct and Indirect as well as Commodities. o Reorganized the Procurement Organization focusing on improving the capabilities of the team, recruiting new talent and optimizing our efforts to maximize value. o Redesigned all procurement processes, policies and technology enablers to improve performance.
VP & Chief Procurement Officer (Procurement, Materials Mgmt., Real Estate & Commodity Risk Management)
Global Leadership for ~$2.5B of spend across Direct and Indirect as well as Commodities.
o Reorganized the Procurement Organization focusing on improving the capabilities of the team, recruiting new talent and optimizing our efforts to maximize value.
o Redesigned all procurement processes, policies and technology enablers to improve performance.
- VP & Chief Procurement Officer (Procurement, Real Estate, Materials Management & Commodity Risk Management) at Church & Dwight Company
- Vice President Direct Procurement at The Coca-Cola Company
- Vice President Indirect Procurement at The Coca-Cola Company
- Chief Procurement Officer Africa, Asia and Australia at Kellogg Company
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Management
- BS - Business Administration