Westborough, MA 2016 - present
CONMED Corp. (NYSE: CNMD) is a global medical technology company that specializes in the development and sale of surgical and patient monitoring products. Key focus areas include Orthopedic, Sports Medicine, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology,
Pulmonology and Anesthesiology markets.
CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER (CPO)
Lead all global procurement and sourcing activities for direct and indirect materials with the support of 40+ total
Recently completed a highly successful Global Sourcing Competitive Improvement Initiative. Exceeded savings
and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) reduction targets across all key metrics through the implementation of a comprehensive Supplier Relationship Management program.
• Restructured the CONMED Sourcing and Procurement teams across the globe while building and supporting a winning culture. Established a new vision aligned around the three pillars of Service, Strategy and Speed.
• Responsible for leading multiple M&A due-diligence teams in addition to establishing a 3PL distribution strategy. Appointed to the CEO Steering Committee focused on cost reduction targets and SKU rationalization efforts.
• Two-time recipient of the CONMED CEO Award for Operational Excellence presented at our Global Leadership Meeting (2017/2018).
- CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER (CPO) at Corporation, CONMED Corporation
- CONMED CEO at Corporation, CONMED Corporation
- CEO CONSORTIUM (GLOBAL TEAM LEAD) - OPERATION 'BOOTS TO BUSINESS' at Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- PRESIDENT & CO-FOUNDER at Adaptive Surfaces, Inc
3 years at this Job
- - Start Smart Executive Education Program
- MBA - Finance and International Business
- BS - Chemical Engineering
- - GE Executive Leadership Program
Vice President Procurement/Chief Procurement Officer
Report to CFO responsible for Procurement - P2P Process, Sourcing, Supplier Management, Partners
• Built a Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Organization where previously none existed.
• Developed & Implemented sustainable/scalable corporate policies, processes & tools to optimize procurement to pay process. Deployed numerous digital products to simplify process and enhance user experience.
• Delivered robust efficient function to enable Medidata to grow quickly by implementing supplier risk & performance management to increase supply base efficiency and move from supplier risk focus to suppliers as a competitive advantage.
• Led business integration for five acquisitions
• Partner with Sales to develop partnerships to drive revenue.
• Create partnerships with third parties to drive strategic capabilities in data analytics and digital.
• Drive our internal data and digital strategy to utilize AI/MI to improve efficiencies, adoption and deliver results to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Vice President Procurement/Chief Procurement Officer at Tech Company creator of the Clinical Cloud Platform
- Vice President Procurement/Supply Chain /Chief Procurement Officer at BIOPHARMACEUTICAL START UP COMPANY
- Sr. Director at
- Sr. Director at R&D Procurement
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
• Officer, Authority's Executive Staff;
• Executive oversight of all aspects of Authority's $600 million annual procurement budget including solicitation of all goods and services, construction, and architect and engineering services;
• Contracting Officer with signature authority of contracts of $500K and under;
• Final review of all contract actions over $500K;
• Oversight of DC Water Compliance Department, including management and revision of Authority's minority business plan;
• Supervision of Material Management Department;
• Oral presentation of contracts before the Board of Directors;
• Investigate and counsel on ethical issues confronting management;
• Represent Authority in bid protests and contract claim disputes;
• Executive oversight of Authority's Owner Controlled Insurance Program (ROCIP);
• Procured 4 MW solar project using Power Purchase Agreement delivery;
• Led seminars in clear writing and grammar for Authority employees.
- Chief Procurement Officer at District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- Principal Counsel at
- Corporate Accountability Officer at Fort Myer Construction Corporation
- Claims Counsel/Risk Manager at Fort Myer Construction Corporation
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Teaching Assistant
- Bachelor of Arts
Currently leading Procurement and Real Estate operations for Sprint. Responsibilities include strategic
sourcing, procurement, inventory management, procurement operations, and the management of the real
estate portfolio for both Network and Commercial. $11B/year in managed spend under scope
• Developed and established the first CPO group for Sprint
• Supporting the company wide transformation that has yield $2B in annual Opex reduction
• Transforming our real estate delivery model resulting in over $100M in realized savings
- Chief Procurement Officer at Sprint
- President at Florida Region
- Sr. Vice President Supply Chain Services at Verizon Communications
- Vice President Strategic Sourcing at Verizon Communications
3 years at this Job
- Executive MBA - TX
- Electrical and Electronic Engineer - English and Spanish
• Executive leader and part of global leadership team for a private equity owned company with oversight on purchasing
• Leader in a global procurement function to focus on direct raw material and all other material components strategies
• Establishment of standardized sourcing strategy and optimized inventory control within ERP system
• Implemented effective sourcing department structure to align with company objectives for OTIF, costing, and service
• Empowered category leads to negotiate and reduce cost to serve while also supporting team in larger negotiations
• Initial cost benefits in raw materials of 7% in very tight market conditions through hedge positions, & commitment buys
• Establishment of accurate budgets across all purchase categories to include raw material, indirect, and freight
- Chief Procurement Officer NA at KETER NORTH AMERICA
- Senior Director at International Strategic Sourcing, Berry Global Group
- Director of Solutions at CPA International, LLC
- Corporate Transportation Manager at Belk Stores, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Private Equity
- Masters - Business Admin
- Bachelor of Science - Business Admin
• Direction of agency-wide procurement, asset management.
• Review and development of business processes to generate greater efficiencies and savings.
• Collection, review and reporting of data including spend analytics, operational costs and personnel efficiency.
• RFx activities including specification and solicitation document development, review and process administration.
• Contract negotiation, management and administration.
• Supervision of section staff.
• Provide high quality internal and external customer service.
• Interpretation, advisement and suggested revisions for internal and external personnel on statutes, rules and regulations.
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Senior Subcontract Administrator at CACI
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Chief Procurement Officer at Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
3 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: We provide sourcing, procurement, and contract management services to highly regulated industries nationwide. We establish supply contracts and other ad hoc duties and functions within the procurement, supply and contract lifecycles. United States Coast Guard Miami, FL 33177 United States Supervisor: Sidnie Miranda (575-312-1742)
- Chief Procurement Officer at Department of Veteran Affairs
- Acquisition and Utilization Specialist at Department of Veteran Affairs
- Contract Specialist at
- Officer at Military Police
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Public Administration
Leading transformative change management initiative for the source to purchase and travel functions across five lines of business as well partnering with the business on outsourcing opportunities. Retained by the CEO to create central procurement & travel function, implement innovative technology to drive user adoption, drive spend under management and maximize total cost of ownership. Achieved year to date cash savings of $135m + over three years with actual budget reduction exceeding $20m.
- Chief Procurement Officer at VSP Global
- Vice President, Outsourcing Operations at SALESFORCE.COM
- CPO, Vice President, Global Procurement, Travel & Disbursements at ORACLE CORPORATION
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Ms.C - Management
- BA - Liberal Arts
Reviewed procurements conducted by department in accordance with applicable procurement policies and procedures.
CPO (CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER) (2011 to 2018)
Designed and implemented progressive strategies and purchasing practices to encourage maximum competition and best value procurements. Steered detailed market research to find out new suppliers and purchased latest international brands for predicting organisational future developments and growth. Fostered and strengthened relations with suppliers to settle most suitable prices for the company.
• Spearheaded all aspects of organisational operations as well as designed and executed growth-driven sales strategies that resulted in optimising sales volume from 1M to over 4M on annual basis.
• Offered high-quality services to diverse range of clients that elevated clientele base from 100 to 900 clients.
• Identified and capitalised market opportunities and researched new vendors to negotiate most cost-effective and competitive pricing while purchasing goods and supplies for the company. UN-WFP (United Nations World Food Programme), Lebanon, Beirut, Lebanon Provided expert opinion to strategic leadership and retailers in the same network regarding all aspects of procurement and technical activities to drive operational excellence.
- CPO (CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER) at Best Food Plus Group SARL
- REGIONAL ASSISTANT MANAGER at Best Food Plus Group SARL
- MANAGING DIRECTOR at Bitter But Sweet Inc
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - Investment & Finance
- Associate Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
Responsible for CertainTeed's overall procurement functional strategy, staffing (70+), spend management ($2B+) and performance results across 5 business units of CertainTeed - construction products sector of Saint Gobain, North America. This is a new role created to lead the CertainTeed procurement function to a more centralized structure while building a ONE team mindset across the function and streamlining, standardizing the function and improving the overall skill set to enable world class best practices.
- CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER, (Greater Philadelphia Area) at CERTAINTEED
- INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT at GLG, Alphaworks, Independent
- GENERAL MANAGER - GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGEMENT & PROCUREMENT at SHELL OIL COMPANY
- PMO LEAD - DOWNSTREAM PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATION at Shell Oil Company
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Business - Finance and Marketing
- Bachelor's - Physics and Economics