department which carries a portfolio of roughly $6B annual addressable portfolio of goods and services with an $8.5M annual
operating budget and team 60 strong
- Rebooted a stalled "Procurement Transformation" program with 16 key objectives, begun in 2015
resulting in significant completion of all objectives, exceeding in most categories.
- Significant culture transformation with a strong emphasis on customer service, retention, empowerment, goal setting, and more
- Re-organized and consolidated divisions (IT, Services, Commodities) where appropriate
- Regularly meet with legislators at all levels, promoting legislation or defending a position in opposition
of it where appropriate
- Transformation achievements include but are not limited to;
• Lowered department attrition rates from 40%+ to ≤ 5%
• Created a Customer Experience division primarily responsible for Agency Support, Supplier Relationship Management, Contract Management, Technology and Reporting, Training and Certification and more
• Measure and report on several Key Performance Indicators (39) which include Customer Satisfaction, Lead Time, Cost Savings, Internal Approval Routing, ROI, Employee Recognition, Retention, and more
• Multiple employee engagement and recognition programs
• Web-based Projects Tracker which allows for real-time visibly into ongoing projects via a customer dashboard, as well as enabling 18-24 months strategic and capacity planning
- Chief Procurement Officer at State of Michigan's Central Procurement
- Contract Drafting at The State of Michigan
- DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING at The Charter County of Wayne
- STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER - CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - AIRPORTS at JetBlue Airways Corporation
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Assistant Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer
Procurement, Business Contracts, Payment Services, HUB/Small, Minority Business Program
University of Texas at Austin
2017 - 2019
• Responsible for the oversight of the University's Procure-to-Pay Operations to include Procurement, Contract Administration, Major Construction, Payment Services, Central Receiving, Travel and Procurement Card Program with an estimated total annual spend in excess of $1 Billion dollars. Portfolio consisted of 50+ team members including seven (7) senior level direct reports.
• Oversaw the University's HUB/Small, Minority Business Program to ensure that Procurement and Contracting process is inclusive in providing opportunities for HUB/Small, Minority businesses and creating a fair and open competitive market, and improving community awareness.
• Oversaw several high profile campus wide process improvement initiatives that improved the efficiency of various procurement methods while mitigating risk such as revamping the Procurement Card program and Independent Contractor process and reorganization of Procurement teams to align with strategic sourcing initiatives and fostering operational excellence.
• Revised outdated procurement policy and procedures to align with applicable state and federal public purchasing laws and consistent with best practices while empowering team to be more customer service focused.
• Created and successfully trained Procurement and Contracting team on RFP/Solicitation road maps and contracting terms and conditions template playbook to be used by staff in negotiations with vendors.
• Implemented and maintained a cost-savings plan for procurement and contracting services team supported through strategic sourcing initiatives that yielded in excess of $10 million over two (2) years.
• Reviewed, vetted and collaborated with Group Purchasing Organizations and Purchasing Cooperatives on strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Promoted utilization and obtained training for key University stakeholders and team members on LEAN Six Sigma methodologies to enhance, track and monitor procurement efficiencies.
• Reviewed the technology needs of portfolio and campus and championed the implementation of contract management system and other vendor catalogs to be used in Supply Chain punch-out system.
- Assistant Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer at University of Texas at Austin
- Executive Director of Procurement (Chief Procurement and Contracting Officer) at University Health System
- Sr. Director of Procurement and Supplier Diversity (Chief Procurement and Contracting Officer) at North Texas Tollway Authority
- Purchasing and Contracts Administrator at San Antonio Independent School District
2 years at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Policy and Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Pre Law
Manage the procurement activities of the NY Senate Purchasing Office that has responsibility for the acquisition of equipment, services and supplies for the Senate chamber as well as 62 Senate district offices. Supervise and assign tasks to Senate purchasing staff.
- Deputy Chief Procurement Officer at New York State Senate
- Founder/Owner at Clay Communications Group LLC
- Director, Community Relations at Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Director, Industry Development, Strategic Business Development at NYS Empire State Development ("ESD")
7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
- VP, Chief Procurement Officer at Express Scripts
- VP, North America Procurement at Monsanto
- Sr. Director, Global Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Operations & Trade Automation at Monsanto
- Sr. Director, Global Procurement Operations at Monsanto
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Directs all Procurement, Risk Management and Supply Chain operations including Fulfillment, Product Returns, Demand and Supply Planning, Supplier/Vendor Management, Bid Coordination, Facilities & Real Estate, and Insurance portfolio activities. Provides guidance on legal matters and acquisition activities.
- Chief Procurement Officer at Calvert Education
- Independent Consultant at Calvert Education, LLC
- Vice President of Operations at Connections Education
- Senior Director of Supply Chain at Connections Education
8 months at this Job
- BS - Business Management
- Juris Doctorate - Law
• Charged with transforming the procurement function post separation from Xerox
• Managed spend of $3B and realized over $110M in direct savings in first 12 months of operations
• Lead strategic negotiations in sourcing, professional services, solution partners, IT and corporate travel
• Responsible for establishing Conduent's diversity and sustainability programs
• Created and currently manage a team of 150 procurement professionals globally
• Created and managed team that supports all Sub-Contracting suppliers supporting Conduent's customers
• Managed the corporate global relationships of vendors such as: Microsoft, Salesforce, American Express, Amazon Web Services, Google, CDW, Gartner, D&B, Datapipe, Xerox, HCL, Cisco, American Express, Citibank, United Airlines, Delta, Avis and Hertz among others.
• Responsible for transition of all procurement functions associated with mergers and acquisitions integration or separation from Conduent
- Chief Procurement Officer at Conduent
- Board Member at Rutgers CX Advisory Board
- Vice President of Vendor Relations and Operations at Billtrust
- Chief Procurement Officer at Infor
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
• Responsible for the procurement of the necessary supplies, ingredients and equipment to mass produce Yuj Granola.
• Track and monitor ingredient usage to be able to maintain the appropriate inventory.
• Worked directly with the chefs to assist in creating the granola.
• Package the product in mass quantities for marketing events, whole sale transactions and retail.
• Follow and adhere to all of the OSHA guidelines to ensure the safety, quality, etc. of our product to the public.
- Chief Procurement Officer at Yuj Granola
- at V&S LLC
- Co-Founder at HR Global Marketing
- Customer Service at Bank BHD-Leon
10 months at this Job
• Manage and oversee the Department's Procurement and Facilities Management Division (Procurement and Buildings and Grounds). Direct and supervise staff, consisting of thirty-eight (38) full time employees: one (1) Bureau Chief; seven (7) middle managers and thirty-one (31) administrative and maintenance staff.
• Monitor and track the Division's annual budget, approve annual purchase orders, budget adjustments and payment vouchers. Establish budget projections for subsequent fiscal years.
• Advise and guide the Department's Executive Management Team on procurement's relating to highway, road and bridge construction/re-construction, traffic safety, transit and rail, aviation, research and other transportation related services.
• Coordinate and manage the Department's capital projects and special projects, or needs, aimed at sustaining the Department's buildings, utilities and related infrastructure.
• Train, advise and guide Division staff in writing solicitations, the procurement process, negotiating and awarding contracts for services, professional services, construction and tangible personal property.
• Authorize small purchases, sole source and emergency procurements for services, professional services, construction and tangible personal property.
• Work closely with the Department's Office of General Counsel in drafting and finalizing contractual documents for legal sufficiency.
- Division Director/Chief Procurement Officer at State of New Mexico
- Bureau Chief/Chief Procurement Officer at State of New Mexico
- Project Specialist at Santa Fe County
- Purchasing Director at Santa Fe County
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- None - Business Administration
- High school or equivalent - High School Diploma
Contractor) Delivered the highest level of executive support to the CPO and Procurement organization. Responsible for numerous administrative functions, handling of confidential issues and competing project deadlines
● Controlled CPO's calendar, screened emails, scheduled meetings, conference calls and greeted visitors
● Processed $1M in invoices, $500k monthly vendor contracts, expense reports, ordered office supplies
● Oversaw project management and distribution of annual training manuals for 26-mills across the country
● Compiled monthly communications meeting presentation and director's productivity reports
● Planned executive team building activities, prepare agenda/presentations, reserve conference space/caterer
● Scheduled company plane, domestic and international flights, book hotels and ground transportation
● Logged team annual vacations, update floor chart, answer incoming calls, distribute daily mail, and file documents
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Procurement Officer at WestRock
- Executive Assistant to the CEO and Chief Operating Officer at Monge & Associates, Attorneys at Law
- Executive Assistant - Office at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Executive Assistant to the President at Community & Southern Bank
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Business Administration
- Diploma - Secretarial Science
fulfilling Purchasing Manager Role
• Entity's first CPO and sole purchasing professional for a $5 million local government annual spend. Conducted wide variety of RFP's, ITB's, Sole Source and Emergency procurements. Spend Analysis, Life-Cycle Costing, Contract Administration, Monitoring, & Negotiation, Out-sourcing vs In-House contract analysis. Generated significant cost- reductions and implemented value-based purchasing processes. Developed and implemented all purchasing protocols, ensured regulation compliance in areas of purchasing, payables, risk management, records retention and public records inspection. Developed first IPRA and Travel Reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Chief Procurement Officer at EMW Gas Association/EMWT Regional Water Association
- Chief Procurement Officer/Finance Assistant/Senior Program Manager at Village of Eagle Nest
- Owner, Secretary/Treasurer/Office Manager - Resort Photography Company at Southern Exposure, Inc
- Volunteer Board Secretary/Client Advocate/Trainer at New Life Pregnancy Center
3 years at this Job
- Associate of Integrated Studies - Dual-Credit BLA/Master of Public Administration
- Certificate - NM Public Purchasing Professional - Purchasing
- - Local Government Budget and Reporting Trainings