New York, NY, USA. Cloud native, SaaS based workflow
solutions for the broadcast and media industry:
Chief Strategy Officer
Recruited by lead investors to turn around this $200M failed roll up of 23 companies. Championed and delivered the strategy for media and broadcast industry leveraging 5 of the most valuable
assets. Turn around completed through a 104 day pre-negotiated bankruptcy that resulted in a new
company, Piksel Inc.
• Repositioned value proposition from professional services to a solution provider of SaaS based media workflow solutions which increased enterprise value via increased margins and recurring revenue streams.
• Motivated and retained key employees and customers during major restructuring process, which resulted in successful chapter 11 exit in just 104 days.
• Created first commercially available micro-services based video workflow solution in the industry; 2014. Increased opportunity pipeline 300% within 120 days.
• World's largest cable provider, Liberty Global selects Piksel for global deployment of meta-data
- Chief Strategy Officer at Piksel Incorporated
- Chief Sales & Marketing Officer at Miranda Technologies
- Vice-President Sales and Marketing Digital Solutions at Eastman Kodak
- Chief Marketing Officer, Graphic Communications Group: at Eastman Kodak
7 years at this Job
- Executive MBA - PMD
Duties as Chief Strategy Officer included oversight of strategic planning and partnership development, in-house legal counsel and merger negotiation and implementation. As CEO was responsible for oversight of all administrative, financial, personnel, and clinical activities of the mental health and substance abuse treatment organization. Strong focus on building collaborative agreements to form multi-agency programming which enhanced client-centered mission of agency. Developed and implemented all policies and procedures for organization. Instrumental in the creation, funding and management of new programs. Implemented expansion of CARF accreditation and additional Ohio Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services certifications. Committed to professional growth and development of staff. Implemented new Management Information System and Electronic Healthcare Record systems that supported improved billing and collection results, higher employee productivity and measurable client outcomes and consumer satisfaction. Active in grassroots levy campaigns to voters, United Way campaigns, and various fundraising events for agency. Primary contact with all members of the Board of Directors and external stakeholders. Provided consultation services, speeches and workshops at local, state and national levels.
- Chief Executive Officer & Chief Strategy Officer at Beacon Health
- Program Director, Cuyahoga Training Academies at CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Employment Supervisor, The Employment Alliance at HILL HOUSE, INC
- Manager at UNITED LABOR AGENCY, INC
17 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Masters of Education - Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and Communications
Drove firm's revenue growth, product expansion, corporate business development and operational management.
Directed sales team and ran Chicago office with a sharp focus on business development activities with both potential
investor and acquisition targets.
• Built sales organization to include formal sales engineering, sales operations, marketing and business development functions. Implemented client segment coverage strategy while shifting the sales approach towards cooperation and cadence. Started sales initiative with limited resources by effectively leveraging personal relationships and employing a vendor partnering strategy.
• Significantly increased firm value, business predictability and established runway for five years of exceptional growth. Restructured firm's revenue matrix from volatile commission based revenue to predictable monthly fee revenue.
• Drove product initiatives to launch seven U.S. data centers, with a proprietary high performance network and significant market data footprint. Established Pico as a premier technology and managed services provider which ultimately won substantial business from competitors.
• Routinely provided formal information to current investors, potential investors and board of directors. Regularly presented at board meetings on revenue health, growth opportunities and potential partnerships/acquisitions. Successfully on-boarded new investments from global bank and premier private investment companies.
• Managed financial health of company in conjunction with CFO through various periods of the business cycle. Strong focus on health and success metrics including receivables management, contract life cycle, as well as meticulous planning of investment capital deployment.
• Transitioned to Chief Strategy Officer role to focus on large revenue opportunities, acquisitions and orthogonal growth, leveraging industry contacts and expertise. 1
- Chief Operating Officer / Chief Strategy Officer at PICO QUANTITATIVE TRADING, LLC
- Vice President at NYSE TECHNOLOGIES
- Director at MERRILL LYNCH
- Finance and Operations Manager, Chief Compliance Officer at WAVE SECURITIES, LLC
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Longitudinal employment in Government and Industrial (G&I) Robots Division, spanning growth of company from research/start-up through IPO, and function as a public company. Initially hired as Administrative Assistant to Director of Engineering, responsibilities evolved as company grew. Established divisional Administrative procedures, and functioned as primary resource for rapidly evolving growth company. Currently supports the Chief Strategy Officer, and direct reports, in all aspects of Administration, including:
• Manages extensive calendar for numerous Executives.
• Interacts frequently and successfully with Senior Executives and other Executive Assistants across iRobot on various matters
• Interacts with Finance, HR, Facilities, Service Groups, Purchasing, etc.
• Handles all new hire on-boarding paperwork for G&I.
• Reviews and responds to emails and phone call from other key management personnel across iRobot as required, using discretion and judgment in gathering and conveying pertinent information in a timely manner.
• Handles highly confidential business-sensitive and personnel material with appropriate controls.
• Develops presentations, agendas, correspondence and memoranda for a variety of internal and external executive audiences.
• Supports Board of Director correspondence, presentations, and meetings.
• Coordinates interviews/visits from customers and Senior Management.
• Manages extensive domestic and international travel schedule for multiple executives and staff, including bookings, and expense documentation.
• Oversees day-to-day facility issues, space planning, new hire setup.
• Processes all Executives expense reports, purchase requisitions, etc.
• Organized all G&I business, social, and divisional morale events (executive off-sites, quarterly division meetings to holiday parties and celebrations)
• Proactive in seeking out ways to support team.
- Executive Assistant to Chief Strategy Officer at iRobot Corporation
- Executive Assistant to President/CEO at Woon Capital, Inc
- Executive Assistant/Office Manager at CommerceTone, Inc.
- Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President of Engineering at Open Market
15 years at this Job
- Certificate - Executive Administration
- Certificate - Accounting
• Managed Complex Calendaring for COO of MuirLab, and Senior VP/Chief Strategy Officer of JMH
• Meeting / Event Facilitator: o Logistic coordination for weekly and monthly departmental and Direct Reports meetings; coordinated Strategic Planning & Marketing Communications Board Meetings; slide deck preparation, distribution of meeting materials, catering, A/V support; recording and distribution of minutes o Led a team of Executive Assistants in planning and implementing JMH Annual Board Offsite Weekend Retreats with over 60 senior JMH Executives and C-level participants. o Led Event Team & coordinated off-site Kindness to Community outreach at Manor Care Assisted Living o Supported MuirLab COO and Lab Project Manager during construction of a new laboratory by capturing meeting minutes, organizing action items, and creation of PowerPoint presentations tracking progress o Coordinated the 10yr and 15yr MuirLab anniversary events; Ground Breaking and Open House celebrations associated with new lab facility
• Marketing / Creative Writing / Publication / Culture of Excellence Ambassador o As a Culture of Excellence Ambassador for JMH; I created monthly High Reliability Organization publications for JMH, published “Rounding To Influence” article for John Muir Health Newsletter, and was selected as a “Table Host” for COE event presenting HRO principals to new Ambassadors o Composed background music for JMH Concord Video Tour and edited music into the video presentation o Managed layout of JMH weekly news magazine and coordinated distribution to JMH employees o Coordinated the production and distribution of MuirLab’s 600+ page Directory of Services manual o Created monthly laboratory technical information sheet branded MuirLab Marquee. This publication highlighted service offerings, specialized instrumentation, new lab assays and testing procedures o Partnered with departments and staff in the publication of monthly and quarterly newsletters; and created on-boarding manuals for new administrative hires
• Special Project Management o Managed beta-testing, development and successful implementation of MuirLab’s online lab test directory in conjunction with ARUP Lab design engineers; maintained accuracy of 800 in-house lab tests in directory o Designed MuirLab’s Intranet site architecture using Oracle Portal and managed content; collaborated with JMH IT team in architectural construction and content development of www.muirlab.com o Project manager for 2 Lab Videos in conjunction with Big Idea Group Video Production Company o Coordinated departmental relocation within 1400 Treat Corporate building
• General Executive Assistant / Office Management Duties o Reconciled monthly corporate card purchases and generated monthly expense-to-budget reports for department directors; calculate invoicing for JMH Legal outside counsel expenses and generated multiple reports/graphs o Managed department contracts in MediTract contract data base o Created year-end self-assessment survey for SPMC Committee Board Members o Served as Fire Warden for SSD Department and established department emergency evacuation plan o Provided MS software support to/for colleagues within departments o Monitored inventory for office and copier supplies and replenished as needed o Coordinated travel logistics (lab site visits/national lab conferences) for MuirLab COO and other Directors; conference registrations and travel accommodations for VP/CSO of JMH o Provided training to 6 new administrative assistants in Lab Operations, Quality, and Sales/Marketing o Created numerous PowerPoint presentations for VP/COO which were used in National Lab Conferences o Helped manage day-to-day activities throughout the lab facility including operational support for all A/V systems; break room inventory and vendor supplies; maintenance issues; reports; filing; etc. o Maintained confidentiality of critical information during the 2013 divestiture of MuirLab; assisted in communications, admin support across all levels of Lab Leadership, JMH C-Level Executives, HR & Finance
- Executive Assistant to Chief Strategy Officer at JOHN MUIR HEALTH
- at JOHN MUIR HEALTH
- Executive Assistant at JOHN MUIR HEALTH
- Executive Assistant to COO at
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Some college
Chief Strategy Officer for IHRMG, a full-service motorsports marketing agency focused on maximizing partners' ROI through strategic asset allocation via promotion of products and services. * Develop, plan, and oversee all aspects of business engagement, strategic planning and project management for IHRMG. Includes coordination with talent regarding implementation of targeted programs and overseeing efforts to engage key potential sponsorship prospects. * Lead the development of the strategic plan/framework for IHRMG, and the detailed current year operating plan, while adhering to the direction set by the CMO. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence. * Facilitate the execution of company strategy by working collaboratively with the other Executive Team members and ensure that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization. * Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals. * Act as a key advisor to CEO on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment.
- Chief Strategy Officer at IHR Management Group
- Head of Strategic Partnerships, Bryan Herta Autosport at Strategic Partnerships, Bryan Herta Autosport
- Vice President, Sales & Marketing at Andretti Autosport
- Director of Motorsports at Cardenas Marketing Network, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. in Political Science - Business and Sports Law Society
• Corporate Go-To-Market strategy
• Solution and Services portfolio development
• Executive oversight for marketing strategy and execution
• M&A Due Diligence
• Acquisition integration
• Executive oversight for strategic partnerships and alliances
• Represent ePlus on various industry boards and advisory councils
- Chief Strategy Officer at ePlus inc
- President OnX US at OnX Enterprise Solutions
- EVP, STRATEGY & SALES OPERATIONS at OnX Enterprise Solutions
- SVP, NETWORK & DATA CENTER SOLUTIONS at OnX Enterprise Solutions
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
A large, niche staffing firm in the US with over 50,000 employees with total payroll revenues of over $130,000,000. - Direct the day to day operations of the firm, coordinating with executive team, directors and managers to ensure adherence to corporate goals are maintained throughout all facets of the company - Participated in regular brainstorming sessions with CEO/CFO on corporate direction; highly involved in the formulation of corporate strategy for the short, medium and long term; - Responsible for transforming corporate strategy into practical goals of the firm and aligning departmental processes to coincide with vision - Communicated corporate goals and vision across each department ensuring each understood how they fit into what we do and why what they do is important to the overall function of the firm - Performed regular industry analysis including profiles of our immediate and emerging competitors, highlighted variations from our methods, refined our own processes and worked with marketing to transform areas where we excel into marketable content - Identified key opportunities for improvement in the servicing models utilized in existing client relationship resulting in an increase to EBITDA of current business groups of 42% - Developed industry and regional analysis toward the effective service levels and pricing levels per region. Growth of more than 15% the first year cited due to the restructuring of service levels offered - Restructured the 'packaging' and marketing of service levels for optimal pricing per region resulting in an increase to Gross Margin of between 110-250% over former service models while showing an increase in client satisfaction rate to 100% for those on the increased service level programs - Directly involved in the discussions and process of budgeting, forecasting, raising of capital, bank transitions, vendor negotiations and audit - Performed internal and industry analysis including performance benchmarking on bids won/lost against a rival firms; made regular contact with potential clients to identify key areas of improvement for any losses. - Led efforts for new service line development and worked with the CEO/others to refine the solutions into marketable offerings. - Led the marketing team in a complete restatement of who the company is and how we tell our story to the public; Redesign of our corporate logos & corporate website; - Restructured the responses given to potential clients during a formal bid process; Resulted in a 90% acceptance and call back for final round face to face interviews during the selection process. - Performed process audit throughout the entire company by department, documenting what is done, why it is done, and working with key internal stakeholders to redevelop processes into more effective best practices - Led the IT development team in a complete overhaul of the entire systems of the firm; a 2 year project resulting in system stability, increased performance, process automation, partner systems integration and the ability to onboard new clients of any size in any region within 30-60 days as well as a staff reduction of 35% - Led daily/weekly standup meetings with various groups of key personnel (Executives, IT, Marketing, Operations) to ensure the smooth operation of the company - Led daily/weekly cash flow analysis meetings to determine availability of funds and allocate resources where needed most during the cyclical 'dry' months of the summer during low receivables - Instituted competitive bid procedures for IT expenditures resulting in an average savings of over 50% for products, licensing and services; Overall savings to the firm exceeded $500,000 on IT purchasing - Restructured the IT department; Reallocated resources, redefined job descriptions/expectations, reallocated division of duties and brought in key partners to address 'depth of bench' expertise when needed to streamline the department. Resulting department saw a decrease in personnel of 64% while maintaining an increase in project timeline of 6 months and an average support timing increase of 5 weeks per issue - Maintained vendor relationships and worked with key executives/managers to ensure optimal use of all systems and products purchased - Investigated possible M&A activity for key regional and service level growth initiatives
- President / Chief Strategy Officer at Company Confidiential
- Executive Vice President at Sleep Access, LLC
- Benefit Advisor at Group, LLC
- ERP Consultant - Benefits Admin / Payroll at State of TN, Department of Finance & Administration
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Intelligence/Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Responsible for setting Fountain Valley Regional Hospital's (FVRH) overall strategic direction, including development and implementation of service line and business strategy. Facilitated and coordinated the creation and execution of FVRH's 2018 and 2019 organization-wide Business Plans. Serve as an extension of the CEO to the medical staff and community. Lead physician relations, recruitment and contracting, including weekly meetings with, and mentorship of, Physician Relations Managers.
• Member of the Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the CEO.
• Executive sponsor of operating room improvement projects.
• Leading the promotion of the Fountain Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center reintroduction as an HOPD.
• Developed a White Paper solidifying the need to pursue Level II Trauma status.
• Produce and submit weekly operating reports (WOR) and month-end summaries highlighting volume variances with explanations and corrective action plans where needed.
- Chief Strategy Officer at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Regional Director, Strategic Services at Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH)
- Senior Director, Strategy & Business Development at St. Mary Medical Center (Dignity Health)
- Associate Administrator, Business Development at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
1 year at this Job
- Master of Health Administration - Health Administration
Strategic marketing firm focused on marketing strategy, planning, social/digital media, strategic positioning, marketing plan development and GTM planning. The Strange Group emphasizes strategic planning, detailed customer interaction and account management to deliver marketing expertise in a global environment. Developing brand strategy, succinct messaging and overall 360 marketing planning are all core pillars that deliver results. Global and regional expertise are both used in the planning and strategic development of projects. Focus on 360 planning, digital integration and omni-channel/retail integration. Key Projects Include: Karma Automotive, Huf Worldwide Skateboards, The Pro, Los Angeles Angels, La Jolla Group Key Skills & Areas of Expertise: Retail Marketing, Strategy, GTM, Merchandise Planning, Digital, Social Media, Omni Channel, Communication, 360 Marketing Planning, Trade Marketing, Sports Marketing, Strategic Direction, Brand Development, Long Term Planning, Segmentation, Partnerships, Creative Development, Agency Management - Karma Automotive: High tech luxury electric vehicle manufacture with unique experiences. Currently leading the build out and organizational development of the marketing team. Transitioning from a start-up/ regional focus to a globalized brand management structure. Responsible for retail marketing, strategic planning, digital strategy, customer treatment/experience, media planning, budget oversight, social/digital strategy and event/influencer activation. - Huf Worldwide: Cutting edge culturally defiant apparel and footwear skate brand. Led the strategic transition of the brand to be a more wholistic head to toe lifestyle brand. Focused on Strategic development and long-term planning of the brand as well as retail development. Built the marketing team and planning structure to be 360 omni-channel focused. Upgraded the ecommerce/website system to strategically align with the digital thinking of the brand.
- FOUNDER & CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER at THE STRANGE GROUP
- at THE STRANGE GROUP
- GLOBAL VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS at Icon Aircraft
- at THE STRANGE GROUP
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration