Waterville, OH June 2017 to Present
Global Tax Centers (GTC) is an Income Tax Preparation, Online Educational Training School and Home-Based Business Servicing Company, with registered agents located throughout the United States and abroad. GTC enables people to start their own home-based business.
Chief Technology Officer
Joined GTC with the primary objective to assist the CEO achieve the vision of a scalable integrated suite of tools for Payroll, HR, Time and attendance and Tax preparations. This job required the development from bare metal to a fully functioning Operations, Research and Development, Support services and Implementation team.
• Designed the technical infrastructure to support a scalable suite of applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
• Built the Backoffice data exchange mechanisms to accumulate and distribute near real time invoicing between corporate and regional offices.
• Business process restructuring to integrate new product offerings crucial to service availability beyond tax season.
- Chief Technology Officer at Global Tax Centers Inc
- Information Technology Director at Blue Mountain Enterprises Inc
- Manager of Information Technology at Murphy's Magic Supplies Inc
- Director of Technology at Mississippi Supreme Court
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
HunterMaclean is the largest law firm in Georgia outside Atlanta. HunterMaclean is a multi-practice firm serving client needs in areas such as Real Estate, Business Litigation, Maritime, and Intellectual Property Law. The firm represents a wide variety of companies and individuals throughout Georgia, South Carolina, the Southeast and internationally.
Chief Technology Officer 3/2013 to Present
Responsible for all firm-related technology supporting 135 people working from offices in Savannah and Brunswick, Georgia. Oversees the IT department ensuring that the technology remains aligned with the Firm's overall strategy and that the department provides exceptional customer service. Assists in firm-wide strategy, budgets and project management.
• Key member of the Firms' Administrative Management Team responsible for both short-term and long-term planning and goal setting.
• Managed all technology related systems to ensure reliable, secure, and cost effective services.
• Ensured a stable, resilient infrastructure that supports the business and helps to position the firm for success.
• Directed major projects including migrating to a cloud based email system (Exchange Online/Office 365), VOIP Phone system upgrade (Cisco), a major billing system upgrade, redesigning the Wide area Network and established a Co-Location.
• Designed, developed and tested a complex cloud-based Disaster Recovery Plan. This plan has been successfully implemented one time and tested multiple times.
• Consulted with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess and align computing needs and system requirements.
• Evaluated the organization's technology use and needs, made recommendations comprising policy and process improvements and/or hardware and software upgrades.
• Managed and mentored staff responsible for system stability, security, training, help desk, networking, and hardware/software configuration.
• Made presentations to the Firm's clients, Management Committee, legal department heads, and other various committees regarding policies, projects, programs, and budgets.
• Created and managed six-figure operational and capital budgets
• Developed computer information resources, providing for data security and control, physical building security, and client facing computing resources.
• Recruited, hired and retained key personnel and consultants to develop and maintain various technologies.
- Chief Technology Officer at HunterMaclean
- Information Systems Director at Bowditch & Dewey
- Systems Project Manager at The McLane Law Firm
6 years at this Job
- Masters - Management of Operations and Information Technology
- Bachelors - Computer Science
A newly merged behavioral health and wellness company comprised of the former ValueOptions and Beacon Health Strategies companies with 5000+ employees serving over 50million members and $2billion in annual revenue. Chief Technology Officer (January 2015 to March 2017)
Led over 220 skilled IT professionals, geographically dispersed across 92 locations, responsible for Infrastructure, Operations, Data Center Hosting, Information Security Management, IT Business Office, Project Management Office, IT Procurement, Audit, Telecommunications, Voice and Data Networks, Cloud Service Management, Telecommunications, Helpdesk Services, Desktop Support, Mobile Computing and Office Automation. Managed $25.5M in Opex and $8.4M in Capex.
• NewCo due diligence contributor and post-merger integration and transformation leader representing all IT infrastructure and operational support areas.
• Developed and successfully executed on a post-merger technology consolidation and integration plan resulting in a YR1 post-merger Opex synergy of $12M through non-labor efficiencies (3-year cumulative savings of $53M).
• Successfully unified, on-time and within budget, over 5000 employees spanning six (6) network domains to a new single domain doing so concurrent to a migration of all on premise Microsoft Office, Exchange Server, Skype and SharePoint services to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud service resulting in improved employee collaboration and a $2.3M combined Capex and Opex cost savings over 3years.
• Developed and initiated a 3 phase Data Center Consolidation Plan resulting in a 3YR $1.5M OpEx savings, improved data security, reduction in management complexity and improved scalability and reduced client implementation lead times.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at BEACON HEALTH OPTIONS
- Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at VALUEOPTIONS
- Vice President of IT Hosting Services at VALUEOPTIONS
- Executive Director of Systems and Operations at VALUEOPTIONS
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer and Information Science
- A.A.S. - Administrative Justice
Hired as IT Manager to assess current situation and bring existing information technology platform into a state that was able to increase efficiency and meet regulatory compliance. The position was hands-on and required projects to be in-line with business needs as well as compliance mandates. Promoted to Chief Technology Officer in 2015 in order to create a strategic alignment with the vision of the Company. Key Contributions: * Assessed infrastructure and migrated various resources to a more resource efficient platform that included virtualization and centralized support services. These services included anti-virus, end-point protection platforms, patch management, remote support, as well as standardized images and policies. Examined WAN situation and consolidated circuits (voice and data) where possible. Migrated from MPLS to cost and bandwidth effective IPSec Ethernet connection with redundant gateways. Implemented distributed file system and WAN optimization with acceleration appliances for fault tolerant access. * Examined initial continuity strategy and aligned technologies with business required recovery time (RTO)/recovery point objectives (RPO) based on business impact analysis results. Deployed encrypted backup software with secure replication to hot site to cover the bulk of archival needs. Implemented near real-time replication for core business critical systems for fail-over purposed to secondary site. Additionally, implemented a secure, geo-redundant SSL VPN access system with HA internal infrastructure. * Moved various workloads from labor intensive manual processes to nearly automated tasks by collaborating with department leads and understanding their processes, inputs, and outputs requirements. Integrated back-end SQL based applications to allow for consistent data access where possible. * Assessed security needs and implemented various security measures in order to increase overall security posture and meet regulatory compliance. Technologies included host & network security, patch & vulnerability management, IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, Centralized policy-based encryption, CASB, and IDaaS, NAC and secure collaboration suite with DLP integration. * Compliance (SOCII, FFIEC, GLBA, NIST CSF) * Worked with internal and external auditors to meet regulatory compliance mandates. Implemented continual improvements on processes, policies, and procedures based on company requirements and business needs. Prioritized security product purchases with greatest ROI and compliance/security impact in alignment with budgetary constraints. * In charge of creating and managing departmental budget. Worked with departmental leads, site managers, and executive management to gain information on upcoming requirements. Prioritized acquisitions based on impact on organization (risk management, increased efficiency, etc.) * Responsible for tactical and strategic planning in order to meet upcoming organizational needs. Latest example would be performing research, scheduling demos, and implementing limited proof of concepts (PoC) of both ID management software and cloud access security broker (CASB) suites prior to moving workloads to the cloud.
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Whittier Trust Company
- IT Manager at ABC Window
- Regional Network Administrator at CertainTeed Inc
- Network / Systems Integrator at ABSS Networks
9 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management - Information System Security
2012 to Present
CurveCommerce, LLC is a strategic consulting company that helps Omnichannel retailers implement large scale eCommerce
projects integrated with ERP, payment systems, shipping and logistics and data analytics. CurveCommerce is also the publisher of CurveCompass a cloud-based data analysis and reporting tool. The consulting and implementation practice of CurveCommerce
was recently acquired by another firm.
President and Chief Technology Officer
Responsible for Product Roadmap, Data Analysis, Data Reporting and Technical sales.
• Company Founder
• Developed eCommerce consulting business and strategy
• Managed Accounting and Financial systems
• Responsible for large project business development
• Designed and architected CurveCompass SAAS platform (big data and analytics)
- President and Chief Technology Officer at CurveCommerce, LLC
- Vice President of Technical Sales at Proship
- President and Chief Technology Officer at eOnegroup LLC
- strategic partner at eOnegroup LLC
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance and Accounting
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 2014-Present
A premium software and services startup whose innovations include AlignIT, a lightweight-yet-feature-rich enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) tool. EVS also offers custom development, managed services, and digitalization and modernization services. Chief Technology Officer
Responsible for all aspects of software and services, including the design and execution of AlignIT, a SaaS-based IT PPM tool that tracks status, milestones, financials, risk, resource scheduling, and more. AlignIT provides both broad and fine-grained visibility into operations and finances across an entire organization. Managed the security service sector of the company.
• Grew the company operations and revenue ◦ Worked with the CEO to develop annual capital budgets, including forecasts and strategic planning. ◦ Developed three-year, rolling technology roadmap of IT systems for company to handle emerging technology trends and drive innovation. ◦ Managed company's $1.3 MM technology and development budget, including profit and loss (P&L) responsibility. ◦ Grew Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) by double digits over four years.
• Assumed several software product initiatives to both increase product viability and decrease support costs. ◦ Spearheaded the migration of AlignIT from local installation to Software as a Service (SaaS) platform using Amazon Web Services (AWS). ◦ Developed a rapid growth/expansion process that allows AlignIT to scale quickly while maintaining service levels. ◦ Reduced customer onboarding time from 3 months to as little as 15 minutes. ◦ Reduced financial reporting time by as much as 80%, or two FTEs. ◦ Streamlined the status reporting process from 3-4 hours per status to 20 minutes.
• Established information security governance program to protect company assets and safeguard customer data. ◦ Defined cloud infrastructure security practices and policies. ◦ Integrated security processes into the software development life cycle. ◦ Ran audit process to determine proper access was followed and enforced.
• Managed organizational transformation to Agile development and DevOps support model. ◦ Launched transition of Elite's existing software development process into a collaborative, Agile-based methodology. ◦ Created and implemented transition plan, including in-house training program. ◦ Led collaborative effort with staff to develop new operating procedures. ◦ Established online support technology using Jira to enable the development process. ◦ Established AlignIT online product support using Zendesk. ◦ Trained staff on new support process and protocols. ◦ Integrated service desk software with in-house ticketing system.
- Chief Technology Officer at Elite Value Solutions, LLC
- Chief Executive Officer at Howard Associates, LLC
- Systems Analyst at SRA International
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration & Management Information Systems
Phoenix, AZ November 2011 - present
A drug testing, treatment, and laboratory facility with 250 employees serving 200+ clients and 6K users. CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Drive strategic solutions that positively impact earnings and energize business operations and staff. Evaluate technology platforms: web application frameworks, deployment stack. Build end-user and full-circle applications for a 54,000sf lab site and field agents including probation officers and clinical staff. Identify opportunities for cross-departmental improvements and collaborate with management team on implementation. Align client and business needs to create processes that adhere to regulatory requirements. Effectively communicate technology strategy to key stakeholders. Manage 4 direct reports, 12 indirect reports, and 7 offshore developers. Report to the CEO. Operational Highlights:
• Overhauled a dated application to allow for additional features for a forensic drug testing system that delivered a 17% increased usage.
• Developed an industry-wide application to track and monitor clients, determine frequency/need of drug testing.
• Dramatically improved telephonic communications capabilities and slashed costs 50% by using Twitter to build an IVR (interactive voice response) system.
• Created an enhanced customer experience by developing end-user applications.
• Slashed employee attrition 200% by creating a positive work environment in which employees are recognized for their contributions and abilities, allowing for improved product development. Financial Accomplishments:
• Reduced IT expenses 25%+ in the first year by identifying technology, market and customer trends and used that data to implement enhancements and improved workflows.
• Fueled revenue streams by increasing technological capability allowing users to manage clients more effectively and efficiently.
- CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER at TASC
- PRINCIPAL / CREATOR / SENIOR DIRECTOR at TRANSMISSION REBUILDERS NETWORK
- SENIOR DIRECTOR, DATA PROCESSING at DESERT SCHOOLS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Global leadership certification - Global Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Oversee budget of $4.2 million and staff of 27.
• Contracted with the Arkansas Department of Information Systems to upgrade bandwidth in the district's 37 schools from 1.5 Mbps to 500 Mbps in preparation for a 1:1 student device initiative.
• Championed and implemented the 1:1 initiative that provides iPads to students in K-2 and Chromebooks to those in grades 3 through 12. ◦ Partnered with the Director of Federal Programs and Chief Financial Officer to build a sustainable financial plan for the 1:1 initiative. ◦ Collaborated with HP to enable PCSSD's Desktop Support Team to become certified to repair Chromebooks. Created a process whereby PCSSD's Ricoh Managed Services team transports damaged or non-functioning Chromebooks via courier to the Central Office for repair and back to schools afterward, providing a one-day turnaround to students and teachers. ◦ Designed and deployed a successful, ongoing professional development plan to support teachers and administrators with the use of the new technology and the infusion of technology into the curriculum.
• Created the vision for PCSSD's DRIVEN: School of Opportunity. Co-led (with Director of Secondary Education) a school of innovation initiative for four high schools that creates opportunities for students. ◦ Formed a blended learning environment, enabling students to learn at their own time, path, pace and place, and earn up to an associate's degree upon high school graduation. ◦ Developed career paths for DRIVEN by connecting with local and regional businesses, industry leaders and local two-year colleges to provide students with opportunities to build real-life career skills, obtain industry-level certifications and secure jobs after high school graduation. ◦ Launched a virtual academy, providing the district an option that competes with private, charter and other virtual schools, helping the district retain and regain students and parents.
• Implemented Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) replacing antiquated analog telephone system across the school district resulting in a cost savings of $300,000 annually.
• Partnered with Ricoh Managed Services to provide an in-house print shop at the district office, which provides a substantial savings on school printing; outsourced all mail services, allowing the district to pick up and drop off mail at each of its 44 locations on a daily basis (and removed postal machines from each school); and negotiated a copier and printing contract that enables Ricoh to provide services that not only service PCSSD copiers, but also its pre-existing printers.
• Hired the district's first web developer and directed him to redesign paper and pdf documents into routable web forms that are processed through online approvals rather than passed from office-to-office for signatures. Spearheaded the creation of an online Board Book for Board of Education meetings, which enables the superintendent to upload board agenda items and all documentation early enough for board members to review them before arriving at meetings. Continue to envision and direct web development projects that move the district forward in innovative ways.
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision and serve as the chairperson of the District Technology Committee.
• Oversee the management of enterprise applications and database development, data management and data services infrastructure, server and network infrastructure, security administration and application/customer support.
• Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, data management, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources as well as direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Manage the departments and staff of Information Technology, Instructional Technology, Student Information Systems, Federal Programs, Professional Development, Telecommunications, Library Media Services and EAST Initiative.
• Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies and oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcing and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Develop district-wide, prioritized information requirements and establish standards for hardware and software to ensure quality, functionality, connectivity and compatibility to provide district services.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Chief Technology Officer at Pulaski County Special School District
- IT Project Manager at Pulaski County Special School District
- Director of Information Technology and Operations at College of Visual and Performing Arts
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Mass Communications
Paso Robles, CA
General Manager/Chief Technology Officer
• Established, manage operations and technology solutions, for a Enterprise Technology Sales winery with $2.5M in annual income and 3,000+ wine club members. Integrated Business Systems
• Advanced company from conception to ranking in the top 1% Consultative Sales Methodology nationwide for proportional wine club membership. Technical Needs Assessment
• Design, implement, and maintain integrated CRM database, POS, Presentations and Public Speaking and SaaS-based business and e-Commerce platforms. Market Research and Demand Analysis
• Produce, promote, and manage a full product line of certified Customer Relationship Management sustainable wines including all production, bottling, and labeling. Negotiation and Contract Fulfillment
• Perform outreach and promotions to strengthen brand awareness.
• Analyze market data and forecast sales to aid in strategic planning. Proposal (RFP/RFQ) Development
• Achieve a wine club retention rate five times the national average. e-Commerce, Branding, and Marketing
• Maintain a superior public reputation and a five-star Yelp rating. Project and Production Management
• Built regional and international wholesale distribution channels.
- General Manager/Chief Technology Officer at OSO LIBRE WINERY
- Regional Account Manager, Western U.S. Territory at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS/PLANTCML
- at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS/PLANTCML
- GIS Sales Engineer at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS/PLANTCML
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Geography
PROGRESSION Faith-based not-for-profit $1.5 billion healthcare system with 6 hospitals (1,700 beds), home health services, outpatient surgery centers, minor medical centers, diagnostic centers and a sleep center. The flagship hospital,
Methodist University Hospital has more than 600 beds and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, February 2013 - January 2019 Responsibilities:
Executive responsible for the development of Information Technology infrastructure strategy, including smart devices, mobility, wireless infrastructure, and support of MLH Information Technology teams (Desktop
Support, Technical Services, Enterprise Architecture, Cybersecurity, IT Vendor Management & Project
Management Office). Responsible for a $27.5 million Operating and $15 M Capital budget, staff of 150 FTEs. Accomplishments: § Conducted IT operational assessments and from these led the implementation of a Cybersecurity program, Project Management Office, and IT Vendor Management program.
§ Designed and implemented new IT Root Cause Analysis (RCA) framework and established Technical
Evaluation Committee as part of new IT governance committee structure.
§ Led organizational focus groups as key process input into the development of a 3-year IT Strategic Plan ultimately approved by the IT Oversight Committee of the Board.
§ Spearheaded the vendor selection process which resulted in a three-year $11 M network modernization project to upgrade enterprise-wide wired and wireless infrastructure. Successfully completed Cisco infrastructure upgrades for 5/6 hospital campuses and two data centers.
3019 Logancrest Cv, Memphis, Tennessee 38119
● Cell Phone: (517) 290-6085
● Email: [email protected] Eugenio "Gene" Fernández Résumé, ~~~~~~ Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare - Memphis, Tennessee ~~~~~~) CAREER Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, February 2013 - January 2019 PROGRESSION Accomplishments ~~~~~~): § Served as key contributor for the successful implementation of enhanced communication tools to enable clinician HIPAA-compliant mobile messaging via smart phone technology (Patient Safe→ and TelmedIQ). § Successfully performed leadership oversight and IT division duties as informal Deputy CIO. § Successfully served as executive sponsor for multitude of facility renovation projects and spearheaded the transition of the 250+ IT division associates from leased space to new campus location. § In collaboration with senior IT leadership, developed and implemented a successful Director-On-Call program to support the professional development and mentor aspiring IT directors. § In support of the organizational ITIL journey, provided leadership in the development of the Change Advisory Board (CAB) processes and procedures. § Served as key IT executive contributor to the refinement of the health system IT Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning process for mission critical clinical and business systems (e.g., Cerner and SAP). § Provided leadership oversight for the implementation of a new desktop hardware support contract which resulted in decrease of annual hardware failure rates from 13.2% to less than 1% and cost savings of $750K (Dell to Lenovo contract migration). § Developed and implemented plans for the activation of a Network Operations Center (NOC) which improved efficiencies by automating the 7x24x365 systems monitoring with SolarWinds network management solutions. § Implemented server virtualization plans along with 30-day security patch cycles to meet our cybersecurity vulnerability remediation target under NIST Cybersecurity Framework. § Provided technical leadership and resources in support of an Apple-Cerner partnership to develop new iOS health records application leveraging Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) to integrate Cerner EMR with the Apple iOS. Methodist patients can now view EMR data on iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch using the Health app (deployed in accelerated 30 day timeframe). § Provided direct leadership oversight in creating an IT asset management program. § Provided leadership and oversight for the successful implementation of several key cybersecurity process improvement projects: SailPoint identity and access management; reduction in 2,000 highly customized Cerner user roles to 75 standardized roles; segregation of duties for IT developers. § Provided executive leadership support for the successful re-design and implementation of a portfolio management intake, tracking and reporting process using WorkFront tools. L.A. Care Health Plan - Los Angeles, California Established as the Local Initiative Health Authority for Los Angeles County under California legislative authority in support of the Safety Net and vulnerable populations. L.A. Care is the nation's largest public HMO with over 780,000 enrolled members. Serves low-income families in Los Angeles County through Medi- Cal, Healthy Families and Healthy Kids through direct and Plan Partner service models.
- Vice President, Chief Technology Officer at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- Chief Information Officer at
- Vice President of Information Services at
- Chief Information Officer and Corporate Director at
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
- Executive Certificate
- - Information Management Executive Course
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science - Healthcare Management