As a child advocate, my job was to find children living in slavery in Haiti and make a difference in their lives, by putting them in school, advocating for better treatment for them and influencing people to do the same thing.
- Child Advocate at Rff
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school - Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English
I worked as an overnight child Advocate. My duties were to ensure safe living spaces for all children who lived in the Childrens Haven. Cleaning, laundry, cooking were my top duties.
- Child Advocate at Childrens Haven of Southwest Missouri
- Mail Room Associate at Riverside County Social Services
- In Nanny at Live
4 months at this Job
- - General studies
- High school diploma
• Served as liaisons between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts protective services, doctors, and other contacts to help children who face problems such as disabilities, abuse, or poverty.
• Trained new advocates on company policy and procedures in order to be successful in executing all required duties of the child advocate position.
• Oversaw administrative tasks in the absence of management by responding to clientele inquires, organizing and filing confidential information, accepting monetary payments, and adhering to safety regulations as imposed by Bright From the Start to uphold organizational workflow.
• Managed a caseload of 70 homeless or transitional children at the Atlanta and Decatur child care site, ensuring that all children received all of the fundamental services offered by the agency.
• Seizes a vigorous role in the coordination and facilitation of goal-oriented family meetingsthat include all staff in the child and family departments of the organization.
• Created and preserved complete and accurate client records relating to the child’s life history and developmental objectives in compliance with Bright from the Start and National Association for Education of Young Children regulations.
• Developed powerful working relationships with local Atlanta and Decatur area community partners including but not limited to, Partnership for Community Action Inc. and Sheltering Arms.
• Counseled group and individuals in reference to care plans and child development strategies.
• Produced timely and accurate documentation and record-keeping.
• Develops scholastic materials and programs to meet the needs of assigned client population, and to meet the education needs of the teaching staff and social work peers.
- Child Advocate at Our House, Inc.
- Protect and Placement Specialist at Butts County Department of Family and Children Services
- Lead Infant Teacher at La Petite Academy
- Intern at Safe Haven
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Child and Family Development
Created the job position of Child Advocate to best serve and suit the White River Women's Shelter. Created intake paperwork for families with children, and provides referrals, resources, and educational information to those families in need. Provides case management to clients in both a one-on-one and group setting. Provides outreach services to the community including, but not limited to, food and hygiene packages, clothing, court advocacy, and community education. Oversees the Orders of Protection applications for Jackson County, also from other areas. Integrated new legal documentation into the application. Coordinates with circuit clerks, judges, and local lawyers to ensure fairness and safety to clients in need. Created and promoted information tables and displays, and traveled to our service areas to inform businesses and organizations (i.e.- hospitals, law enforcement, city councils) of our organization and our services.
- Child Advocate at WRWS, Inc
- Substitute Teacher at Jackson County, Arkansas
- Private Nanny/Caregiver at Theresa & David Glover
- Pre-K Teacher at HUMC Children's Garden
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- AAS - Agriculture
• Supervise and monitor a Child advocate unit of six employees
• Prepare and attend court in preparation of testifying
• Prepare assessments for families and make referrals to service providers
• Conduct background on prior abuse and neglect by speaking with extended family and collateral
• Critical thinking to perform productivity assessments and work with diverse families
- Child Advocate Supervisor at Childnet
- Case Manager Supervisor at Family Resource Center
- Guardian Ad Litem at
- Supervisor Full Case Management at Family Resource Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- M.S - Behavioral Science
Currently working as a staff advocate for CASA of Grant County Inc. When a child is deemed a CHINS (Child in Need of Services) case, I do an investigation of all parties involved, and make recommendations to the court based on the best interests of the child.
- Child Advocate at CASA of Grant County Inc
- Customer Service Associate at Circle K
- Contracted Commercial Driver at A-Way
- Delivery Driver at Jimmy John's
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Human Service
Investigate case for the judge while establishing a relationship with those associated with the case for positive representation in court for placement. Conduct child welfare checks, school visits, and anything that includes ensuring the safe well-being of the child. Advocate for the absent child in court. Propose recommendations for the child.
- Volunteer Child Advocate, CASA at
- Phlebotomy Floater at Pathgroup
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Public Health
34237 (941) 861-4875
♦ Supervisor of Child Advocate Managers, Administration Staff, and volunteers
• I supervise and support staff and volunteers to provide outstanding advocacy for abandoned, abused, and neglected children. I hire, train, coach, motivate, and provide supervision for Child Advocate Managers and administrative staff. I ensure maintenance and accuracy of Optima data system standards and ensure Guardian ad Litem Program standards are met. I develop and maintain relationships with community partners. I provide support for my own team of volunteer advocates and provide continuing support and volunteer events for all volunteers in the 12th Circuit.
• I am responsible for a calendar of events including staff and volunteer trainings, court hearings, community based care meetings, volunteer gatherings, and holiday events.
• I am a Sarasota County Academy of Leadership Excellence Graduate.
• I organize yearly holiday present donation and distribution events to benefit the children of the 12th Circuit. In 2018, I coordinated donations of an estimated value of $35,000.00. I conceived and implemented the My Pillow Project, which provides pillows and hand-sewn pillowcases for children who have been removed from their homes without personal belongings.
- Senior Child Advocate Manager at
- Child Advocate Manager at
- Master Case Manager at Harvest House Family Haven
- Child Advocate Manager at
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Social Science
As a Child Adovocate my job is to advocate for the wellbeing of the children on my cases. I manage all aspects of the cases; keeping up with the parents on the case and their services as well as services for the children, if applicable. I attend court hearings and write reports to the court in order to provide an update to my case. I also communiccate with other parties involve in the case, such as, the parents, the foster parents, the Guardian Ad Litem, and the attornies involve in the case.
- Child Advocate at ChildNet
- SUPPORT WORKER INTERN at PALM BEACH FOSTER CARE
- CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF at PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS
- SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER at El Shaddai Baptist Church
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - SOCIAL WORK
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - Social Work
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
As a child advocate, my time is volunteered. My duties are to be with the child throughout the process of getting medically examined and being questioned by social workers/police officers. Children come to CAST once they are deemed or reported having gone through serious neglect or abuse. § I am responsible for keeping the climate friendly and uplifting throughout this intimidating phase in the child's life.
- Child Advocate at Child Abuse Services Team (CAST)
- Trainer / Game Master / Front Desk Receptionist at Mission Escape Games
- Registered Behavior Technician at Mission Escape Games
- Guest Services / Attraction Hostess at Disneyland Resort
7 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- AA - psychology