-Provide assistance to victims of child abuse and their non-offending caregivers through crisis intervention - Accompany victims to forensic medical exam - Assist victims and their non-offending caregivers with GA Crime Victims Compensation Program application process - Advocate for child and family throughout criminal justice processes - Refer clients to state and local community resources
- Child Advocate at Southern Crescent Sexual Assault and Child Advocacy Center
- Cashier/Customer Service at Wendy's
- Social Service Technician at Pathways Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Resident Assistant at Poplar Creek Assisted Living and At Home Care
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychological Sciences
Seeking a fulltime position with the focus on Social Services where I can utilize my education and skills demonstrating planning and organizational skills. CHILDNET INC. FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
Child Advocate August-2015-Present
• Manages the case of a dependent child ensuring that they receive all of the necessary services detailed in the case plan
• Actively working to do whatever needs to be done to move the child from where he or she is to the best possible outcome in the shortest possible time during the intake and placement process fulfilling established federal and state mandates and Florida Statute, Chapter 39, ChildNet's System of Care, policies and procedure.
• Meeting with the Broward Sherriff's Office (BSO) Protective Investigator, the parents, the school board representative and ChildNet's contracted providers, e.g., shelters, foster home providers and residential group care providers to coordinate the child(ren)s entrance into ChildNet's System of Care keeping the child(ren)s best interest in mind.
• Assists in gathering further information about the child(ren) and family concerning the case and begins the assessment and case planning process to support decision making by the court and ChildNet's System of Care, i.e., the make-up of the household, the social history of the family, any previous abuse reports, the specific circumstances surrounding the alleged maltreatment, arranges for fingerprinting of the child(ren), receives completed background checks; photographs the child(ren) and completes all required forms and referrals, i.e., home study, placement referral form, etc.
• Conducting a preliminary assessment of the child(ren) to determine or assess if an alert is warranted, e.g., sexual perpetrator, physically aggressive, sexual offender, juvenile sexual offender or arson.
• Contacting the appropriate provider agencies to look for an appropriate match for children in care; i.e., completes Family Safety Contract, places all siblings together, in the same proximity as the family, as appropriate, same school zone, least restrictive setting consistent with the child's behavioral needs, or with other children carefully considering the mix of children present; facilitates the initial family contact visits for the child(ren) provides recommendations on placement and services to the Assistant Director of Intake and Placement or Director of Intake and Placement.
• Preparing notes for the department staff on events that occurred throughout the shift and distributes the notes daily; completes tracking log, i.e., Log of Logs, Placement Attempts Log.
• Crafting an initial plan for the child and families; explains or reinforces why child(ren) came into care, i.e., where the child will go to school the next day; assists the child(ren) or parents with the court ordered requirements; offers assistance to obtain Medicaid coverage for the child(ren); conducts supervised visits; coordinates, conducts or completes the child(ren)'s transportation to the appointment or placement; provides direct supervision; provides medication as prescribed and with consent as needed.
• Coordinating with the representative from the school board to determine the child's school status so that he or she can continue without disruption; complies with the Broward School Board Interagency Agreement.
• Assembling, organizing and providing information to the Revenue Maximization Department and Medical Unit, e.g., profile, shelter petition, court order Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Form, birth verification; assigns the cases to the service centers based on geographical location and placement of the child (ren); conducts follow-up with Child Protective Investigator (CPI) to obtain missing information and forward to the service center.
• Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
- Child Advocate at CHILDNET INC
- Substitute Teacher at TRACE STAFFING
- Key Account Manager at DS WATERS OF AMERICA
- Parent Liaison at FAMILIES FIRST
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MS IN PSYCHOLOGY - ADDICTIONS
- BA - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- AS - PARALEGAL STUDIES
Promotes the safety, well-being and permanency of child(ren) and their families from the time of referral until the case is closed. Meets with the child(ren) and family in their home within 48 hours. Proactively develops, assesses, and maintains up-to-date case plans that accurately reflects the child(ren) and families circumstances over time. Promotes family involvement in all aspects of services to include case reviews and staffing's. Evaluates, prepares reports, makes recommendations and decisions on the child(ren) and families. Attends all court hearings and makes recommendations to the judge on the child(ren)s behalf. Works with clients to provide and refer families, caregivers, and children to the appropriate services to address identified needs. Coordinates monthly face-to-face visits with the child(ren) and family in the home. Provides child(ren) with opportunities to visit parents, siblings, relatives, and others with court ordered visitation. Maintains and files case records
- Child Advocate at Child Net
- Counselor at Children's Home Society
- Case Manager/Youth Caseworker at Children's Home Society of Florida
- Supervisor at Gladstone Center for Girls
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA)/Psychology
Owner/founder for Children Healing In Love and Development. Advocate for children in the child welfare system and referrals. Provide professional supervised visitations. Facilitate parenting classes.
- Independent Child Advocate at Advocate Agency
- Sub-Contractor at Covenant Kids Family Services
- Patient Service Coordinator/Patient Access Specialist/Financial Counselor at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1 year at this Job
- MA - Child Advocate and Policy (GPA 3.2)
- BS - Business Administration (GPA 3.6)
-Advocate for abused and neglected children -Gather information and report to the court the best interest of the children -Represent the child's voice in court
- Child Advocate at Vanderburgh County CASA
- Staff Accountant at MH Equipment Company
- Certified Public Accountant, WB CPA Group at Individual, Partnership and Corporate
- Staff Accountant at NorthMed HMO
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Accounting
- - Business Division
Court appointed Child Advocate monitor and provide support and advocacy by helping youth receive appropriate services from community and government organizations. Complete required documentation for services. Observe child's interaction with others; review records regarding children family history, school behavior, and medical history. Coordinate court cases with the following Agencies: social workers, foster parents, probation officers and Childs attorney. Attend and participate in special events, conferences, workshops, and training sessions.
- Child Advocate at
- Defense Travel Administrator support of the J25 government and variety agencies at Obsidian Solutions Group
- Management and Program Analyst at Washington Headquarter Service/FSD/SCD
- Project Manager at
19 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA degree in Public Administration - Public Administration
- AA Degree
I am a court reporter/social worker/child advocate for Legal Dependency Services of Mendocino and surrounding counties for children placed in foster care, or who have a CPS case. I help the lawyers gather information from children they represent in upcoming court cases by investigating the placement or home to find out if it is working, if they are comfortable, and have all their needs met; as well as inspect the home for basic livable conditions. I deal with and investigate issues involving drug abuse, child abuse, truancy, homelessness and various other issues involving foster care and CPS reports including police reports, and arrest records, substance abuse issues or reports, plans for parenting issues, parenting classes and management, anger management issues and safety plans.
- Court Reporter Child Advocate at Legal Dependency Services
- Student Area Representative at ASSE International Exchange Program
- Marketing and Sales Team Member at The TBWS Group
- Dealerships and Events at Canyon Creek Campground/Vista Resorts Campgrounds
2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Human Service Business Management - Human Service Business Management
- Associate of Psychology - Psychology
- Associate of Special Studies - Special Studies
• Supervises the Child Advocate -Reunification in dealing with challenges and barriers using their knowledge of ChildNet's System of Care, Policies and Procedures and state and federal mandates for the Child Protection System in order to achieve permanency for ChildNet's clients by:
• Developing, mentoring, coaching and supervising assigned staff to promote safety, well-being and permanency in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with Florida Statutes, Administrative Code, COA standards, and ChildNet's policies and procedures.
• Supporting the Director of Reunification in all aspects of program growth specifically through strategic and operations planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure is in place.
• Maintaining a liaison with the Department of Children and Families, Broward County Sheriff's Office, Family Court System, Board of Education, Guardian Ad Litem, Child Protection Team, and community at large to analyze client's needs, identify problems and evaluate overall performance.
• Monitoring the quality and productivity of the work performed by the unit personnel. Prepares reports for management as needed.
• Overseeing case management services, which includes but not limited to permanency planning, case assignment, home studies, timely filing of court reports, staffing's, client case files, compliance with documentation and maintenance of SACWIS.
• Receiving, reviewing and assigning cases according to agency policy and procedure.
• Overseeing and Conducting quarterly case reviews until case closure. Reviews all children on psychotropic medication monthly.
• Ensuring effective communication between all of ChildNet staff, children, families and community stakeholders.
• Maintaining current knowledge of community resources, legislative changes, issues, trends and developments relevant to child welfare practices for application to functional areas under charge to ensure compliance.
• Providing background information and possible resolutions to inquiries and concerns from clients, the community and other departments.
• Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of other served.
- Child Advocate Supervisor at Childnet
- Case Manager at Family Resource Center
- Family Coordinator/ MAPP Trainer at New York Council on Adoptable Children
- Case Planner/ Adoption Specialist at Catholic Guardian Society
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- MPA - Master of Public Administration
- BA - Criminology
• Appointed by judges to investigate cases while establishing a relationship. Review documents and records, interview with children, family members and other professionals in their lives.
• Conduct child welfare checks, school visits, counseling and/or supervision. Ensure safe well-being of child. Advocate for absent child in court. Propose recommendations, seek cooperative solutions, monitor case plans, court orders and keep the court informed.
- Volunteer Child Advocate / CASA at
- Liaison and resource for employees at Phlebotomy Rover / LabCorp of America
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
• Serves as a Court Appointed Child Advocate to undocumented and unaccompanied children
• Researches political and economic conditions to understand children's lives in their home countries
• Engages with children and their families to safety plan and identify resources they can access upon release
- MSW Intern and Child Advocate at Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights
- Bilingual Medical Mission Visitor Coordinator at One World Surgery
- Full Time Bilingual Volunteer at Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos
- Social Justice Program Assistant at Nicaragua Service Learning Immersion
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work