Conducted small group and individual activities based on differentiated learning needs. Organized and presented hours of hands on activities. Designed and created daily lesson plans for activities.
- Child and Youth worker at Syracuse Parks and Recreation
- Bagger/Cart Pusher at Green Hills Farms
1 month at this Job
- Non - General Studies
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
Child and Youth Worker
• Work with Site Coordinator & teachers to implement academic assistance and enrichment services.
• Provide individual instruction to students to meet specific areas of need.
• Assist students in successfully completing homework & mastering academic skills.
• Guide students in the use of instruction tools (iPad applications, Compass Learning, etc.).
• Support the teacher/tutor in helping students meet academic goals. Enrollment Management
• Verified data integrity and accuracy
• Responded to customer requests
• Analyzed departmental documents for appropriate distribution and filing
• Obtained documents, clearances, certificates and approvals
• Support Chief Operating Officer with daily operational functions
at this Job
- High School Diploma
● conducts daily appropriate activities with targeted youth.
● preparing materials
● organizing activities
● helping students with assignments
● updating attendance records
● attending staff meetings, and reporting to management.
- Program Leader at Afterschool Allstars
- Daycare Floater at Merrick House
- Recreational Aide at Gunning Park Recreation Center
7 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Communications
- Bachelor's Degree
• Developing and Implementing new programs and initiatives to improve the lives and independence of individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities and their families
• Training community members to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to assist individuals who have developmental or intellectual disabilities
• Helping families within undeserved multilingual communities obtain access to information, resources and services
• Conducting ongoing research and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions to enhance program results
- Care Manager at Community Assistance Resources and Extended Services
- Child and Youth Worker/ Care Manager at ENTERPHASE CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
- Crisis Counselor at DISTRESS CENTRE OF WINDSOR, Essex County
- Intake Specialist at WELCOME CENTRE SHELTER FOR WOMEN & FAMILIES
6 months at this Job
- - PSYCHOLOGY, FAMILY, AND SOCIAL RELATIONS
• Helped assist clients with products using knowledge of skin, nails, and hair
• Worked with large companies such as L'Oreal and Revlon to set up business meetings
• Exceeded sales goals by building rapport with clients using communication skills.
- Beauty Consultant at Dillard's
- Administrative Assistant at Perkins A/C & Heating
- Disability Child Care Worker at Maxima Group Behavior
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Social Work and Substance abuse counseling
Coordinate arrangement of comprehensive social services for this non-profit organization serving the area's
poor. Direct 20-person team in conducting initial assessments / intake; analyzing and identifying customer needs; and connecting clients to emergency services, including dental, winter / summer utilities, and rent assistance. Create and administer yearly program budget, ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Assist clients in accurate, thorough completion of service applications. Manage site budget and record accuracy.
● Devised and executed plan that greatly minimized the number of rejected applications.
● Serve as chief liaison between clients and utility companies in linking individuals to resources.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE SPECIALIST / PROGRAM COORDINATOR/PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR at AKRON SUMMIT COMMUNITY ACTION, INC
- ELIGIBILITY ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST at UNICARE CORPORATION / HUMAN ARC
- CHILD AND YOUTH WORKER / SHIFT SUPERVISOR at CATHOLIC CHARITIES SERVICE CORPORATION
- PARENTING CASE MANAGER at NOVA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Middle Childhood Education
- Associate of Applied Science - Community and Social Service Technology
Drives transit bus to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule, regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort, complies with local traffic regulations, and reports delays or accidents. Transports Armed Forces personnel between pickup points and training areas. Conducts shuttle/courier services. Performs operator level inspections and maintenance to ensure compliance with federal law and appropriate regulations/policies for serviceability. Transports Non Tactical Vehicles to and from local vendors for the purpose of maintenance/services and repairs. Maintains operational records and makes simple reports. Reports defects or problems with vehicle to supervisor. Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedules. Additionally, dispatches transit buses and other transport assets to relocate passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule including shuttle/courier services. Provides route information to all transit bus and other transport asset operators minimizing delays in movement between points of embarkation and debarkation. Receives phone calls and provides information to customers, reroutes calls to appropriate personnel, coordinates movement of personnel by shuttle/courier. Maintains communication with all transport operators and Range Control Operations Center monitoring movement of personnel according to applicable local policies and regulations to include movement during inclement weather or emergency operations. Routinely served as travel clerk when needed. Downloads, reviews, verifies, prints, receives, and sorts orders for National Guard/Reserve Initial Active Duty Travel, Initial Entry Training (IET), OCONUS Permanent Change of Station (PCS), IET PCS (stateside travel), Discharges, Permanent Party Overseas and Stateside PCS travel, Airborne, and AWOL. Performs identified functions of scheduling ground transportation and compiling shipping rosters, coordinating direct destination buses, coordinating passengers on direct destination charters, determining mode of travel/entitlement, conducting cost comparison for modes of travel selected for NG/Reserve IADT travel, IET PCS Stateside travel, and Discharges, Permanent Party Overseas and Stateside PCS travel to including directing customers to the Carlson Wagonlit Travel office in order to complete coordination for overseas travel. Performs bus safety inspections and bus loading. Reviews DD Form 1056 (Application to Apply for a No-Fee Passport and /or Request for Visa) documentation for completeness and accuracy to be submitted to the Passport Agent for processing. Distributes incoming memos, submissions and reports as appropriate. Organize and maintain files and records and sort/distribute incoming correspondence. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bus Driver at Chenega Corporation
- Bus Driver at Waynesville R-VI School District
- Assistant Teacher at Uptown Children's Academy
- Child and Youth Program Assistant at Home Away from Home DayCare
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Associate of Science - General Studies
- High School Diploma
- - Foods, Nutrition, & Related Services
Maintained security and control of the institution. Enforce institutional policies and procedures. Provide detailed reports regarding altercations, isolation of residents, disciplinary actions, medical maintenance and other reports as required. Screen individuals for visitations by use of metal detection apparatus (wands and security detection fields). Monitor outside perimeter and inside facility via video closed circuit security system and walk around. Operation of multi-system control panel involving electronic security doors for the entire building. Foster teamwork in high stress restraints and suicide attempts using effective communication and problem solving skills. * Provide secure transportation of inmates to and from court, clinical, and transfers/outplacements to other facilities. * Train and certify yearly in defensive tactics. * Performed inspection of inmate living quarters and random searches of individual cells, common areas, and offenders, looking for contraband. * Monitored inmates' daily activities, watching closely for unusual behavior, improper conduct, or signs of possible conflict. * Served as the gatekeeper for external contact to staff and inmates, and directed inquiries to the appropriate resource. * Can appropriately conduct first aid and crisis intervention. * Supervised and directed inmate activities in assigned areas of the facility/institution. * Assured assigned areas were clean, safe, and secure * Monitored and operated security controls, equipment, and computers. * Operated automobile for perimeter security and the transportation of inmates. * Conducted inmate counts, security rounds, and searches. * Prevented escapes or incidents, which threatened security. * When necessary, used physical force, un-armed self-defense, firearms, or force to detain or stop serious injuries.
- Juvenile Detention Specialist at Douglas County
- Correctional Officer at Omaha Correctional Center
- Family Support Worker at Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
- Customer Care Specialist at Alorica
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- Associate - Psychology
Toronto, ON Child and Youth Worker - Casual Support
- Child and Youth Worker - Casual Support at Toronto District School Board
- Supporting Teacher at Brookview Public School
- Child youth worker at Secure Treatment Centre
- Child and youth worker at Etienne Brule Jr School
7 years, 6 months at this Job
● Assessed, diagnosed, and provided evidence-based, trauma-informed treatment for client's in an individual and family setting
● Maintained progress notes, treatment plans and psychosocial assessments as per agency's standards in timely manner
● Utilized d evidence-based practices including motivational interviewing, cognitive behavior therapy and trauma-informed care to create individualized treatment plans based on clients' strengths
- Youth and Family Therapist at Henderson Behavioral Health
- Social Work Intern- MSW Concentration Year at Broward County School Board
- Child and Youth Worker at Broward County School Board
- Social Work Intern- BSW at 4 Kids of South Florida
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work