Conducted small group and individual activities based on differentiated learning needs. Organized and presented hours of hands on activities. Designed and created daily lesson plans for activities.
- Child and Youth worker at Syracuse Parks and Recreation
- Bagger/Cart Pusher at Green Hills Farms
1 month at this Job
- Non - General Studies
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
- Child and Youth Worker • Group Leader and Mentor at YMCA of Coastal
- Cashier • Stocker, Sales Associate, Customer Service at Georgia Pryme Tyme Program
- Child and Youth Worker • Front Desk Assistant, Group Leader and Mentor at Boys & Girls Club of Athens
- Machine Operator • Mold Machine Operator at Zoom Bait
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology - Sociology, Research
- Initial calls - Assessment and report writing - Speaking in front of the judge during initial intervention and trails - Making contact with collateral contacts, family members involved in the assessment, and others who are part of the assessment (police, schools, hospitals, etc). - Responding to crisis - Working with families towards reunification - Case plan development, safety planning, child safety meetings, family decision meetings - Reunification with parents - Visitation and transportation when needed - Arranging services for the children and parents - Working with community resources and partners
- Child Protective Services Worker and Ongoing Caseworker at Department of Human Services Harney County Child Welfare
- Mental Health Clinical Counselor at Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
- Woodland Hills Night Staff Counselor at
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Doctoral of Social Work - Social Work
- MSW - Internship
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
· Crafted an initial plan for the child and families; explained or reinforced why child(ren) were deemed unsafe and referred to ongoing case management · Attended all court hearings and makes recommendations to the judge on children’s behalf, and status the court on the families services. · Interacted with families to establish needs and required services for clients through referrals for services. · Offered an immediate practical assistance to the family in obtaining Medicad coverage, financial assistance, or help with housing.
· Crafted an initial plan for the child and families; explained or reinforced why child(ren) were deemed unsafe and referred to ongoing case management
· Attended all court hearings and makes recommendations to the judge on children’s behalf, and status the court on the families services.
· Interacted with families to establish needs and required services for clients through referrals for services.
· Offered an immediate practical assistance to the family in obtaining Medicad coverage, financial assistance, or help with housing.
- Child Advocate at ChildNet
- Mental Health Technician at South Florida State Hospital
- Direct Support Professional at Association of Group Homes
- Child and Youth Worker at
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Supervises designated group of children to ensure safety; establish a positive rapport. ° Ensure youth case plans are being followed. ° Compiles and documents daily activities and behavior. ° Communicates and motivates youth to achieve goals.
- Youth Development Specialist at Arnette House
- Human Resource Intern at SPX Flow
- Student Assistant at College of Central Florida
- Crisis Intervention Specialist at Creative Services Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Business and Organizational Management
- Associate of Science - Medical Office Administration
• Provide a safe, therapeutic environment for residents
• Supervise youth at all times
• Remain on the same floor of the facility as youth for supervision purposes
• Remain in the same room as youth if mixed sexes are present
• Monitor the interactions among youth to ensure appropriate physical boundaries are maintained
• Assist youth with daily activities
• Provide for the youth's basic needs such as preparing healthy meals, providing adequate hygiene supplies and dispensing medication
• Model appropriate healthy behavior through professionalism
• Facilitate daily psycho-educational groups and "house meetings"
• Inform therapist and Director of youth's progress
• Assist youth in adhering to Shelter structure due to voluntary placement agreement
• Work in collaborative, strength-based team approach
• Participate in change-over discussions at shift change
• Communicate through expected documentation processes
• Answer the 24 hour hotline and assess caller's needs
• Make appropriate community referrals based on needs assessment
• Schedule intake time if caller is appropriate for placement at Shelter
• Conduct intake interviews and acclimate youth to the program
• Train and supervise new employees, shadowers, and interns as needed
- Youth Development Specialist at St. Vincent Home for Children
- Residential Youth Care Worker (Shelter) at Youth In Need
- Resolutions Representative II at Sitel/Starbucks
- Resolutions Representative II at Sitel/DirecTV
4 months at this Job
- Ph.D - Social Psychology
- Master's of Science - Cumulative
- Bachelor's of Arts - Psychology
Maintained security and control of the institution. Enforce institutional policies and procedures. Provide detailed reports regarding altercations, isolation of residents, disciplinary actions, medical maintenance and other reports as required. Screen individuals for visitations by use of metal detection apparatus (wands and security detection fields). Monitor outside perimeter and inside facility via video closed circuit security system and walk around. Operation of multi-system control panel involving electronic security doors for the entire building. Foster teamwork in high stress restraints and suicide attempts using effective communication and problem solving skills. * Provide secure transportation of inmates to and from court, clinical, and transfers/outplacements to other facilities. * Train and certify yearly in defensive tactics. * Performed inspection of inmate living quarters and random searches of individual cells, common areas, and offenders, looking for contraband. * Monitored inmates' daily activities, watching closely for unusual behavior, improper conduct, or signs of possible conflict. * Served as the gatekeeper for external contact to staff and inmates, and directed inquiries to the appropriate resource. * Can appropriately conduct first aid and crisis intervention. * Supervised and directed inmate activities in assigned areas of the facility/institution. * Assured assigned areas were clean, safe, and secure * Monitored and operated security controls, equipment, and computers. * Operated automobile for perimeter security and the transportation of inmates. * Conducted inmate counts, security rounds, and searches. * Prevented escapes or incidents, which threatened security. * When necessary, used physical force, un-armed self-defense, firearms, or force to detain or stop serious injuries.
- Correctional Corporal at Nebraska Correctional Youth Facility
- Family Care Associate at Youth Care and Beyond
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
● conducts daily appropriate activities with targeted youth.
● preparing materials
● organizing activities
● helping students with assignments
● updating attendance records
● attending staff meetings, and reporting to management.
- Program Leader at Afterschool Allstars
- Daycare Floater at Merrick House
- Recreational Aide at Gunning Park Recreation Center
10 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Business
- Bachelor's Degree
As a nanny and household manager my responsibilities included. Cleaning kitchen and laundry, cooking healthy balanced meals, organizing groceries and maintaining stock of other supplies and child care. Child care responsibilities involved chauffeuring to and from schools and other extra curricular activities, tutoring, facilitating fun activities and entertainment for children and overnight watch.
- Nanny/Household Manager at
- Private Tutor at Missionaries in Brazil
- Server/Waiter at Outback Steakhouse
- Catering Assistant at Spice of Life Catering
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Organizational leadership
Responsible for taking and giving orders from the customers. Provide quality products and services while advocating a safe and clean satisfaction is being provided.
- Crew Member at Raising Canes
- Amazon Fulfillment Associate at Amazon Fulfillment Center
- Correctional Officer at Dawson State Jail
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Child and Youth Worker