Responsible for the provision of Child Life services to children with a loved one
receiving end of life care through hospice services.
• Assess child and families psycho social and developmental needs to determine appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Provide age-appropriate explanation of key aspects of disease, anticipatory grief, death, loss and bereavement to children, their parents or other adult family members.
• Provide grief and bereavement interventions, both preceding and for a period following the death of the relevant family member; including home visits to provide educational sessions for parents/grandparents with information and resources for additional support, and age-appropriate preparation for death and memorial services.
• Promote effective coping through play, preparation and education to reduce stress related to end of life issues.
• Facilitate and develop programming for bi-annual grief camp and monthly support groups for children who are mourning the loss of a parent and/or grandparent.
- Child Life Specialist at Faith Presbyterian Hospice
- Senior Child Life Specialist at Children's Health
- Child Life Specialist II at University of Chicago Medical Center
- Parent Resource Specialist at Chicago Public Schools
5 years at this Job
- M.S. - Child Development
- Advanced Certificate - Infant Studies
- B.A - Biology
Responsible for providing psychosocial assessments, education, procedural preparation, coping strategies, medical play, therapeutic interventions, distraction, patient/family advocacy and volunteer management in the Pediatric ED, Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery Centers, Radiology, Pediatric Floor and PICU at both the First Hill and Issaquah Campuses. Conducts inservices to new staff members throughout the hospital system regarding Child Life services and patient and family support.
- Child Life Specialist at SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER
- Child Life Specialist at MARY BRIDGE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
- Child Life Specialist at SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER
- Interim Program Director (Temporary Position) at STARLIGHT CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION OF WASHINGTON STATE
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Child Life
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
•Provide psychological and emotional support to patients and families in the Emergency Department.
• Promote positive coping skills by preparing children for upcoming experiences and procedures
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to ensure all needs of patient are met and to provide high quality family centered care
•Cross trained and provided coverage in each unit of the hospital
•Responds to consults in other areas of the hospital when primary coverage is not available
• Provides end of life support to patients and families through various outlets: hand/feet ceramic molds, ink prints, clipping of hair
• Prepares and supports siblings for visiting patient at end of life
• Participates in several committees: Beyond the Classroom Seminar, Practicum Student Committee, Bereavement and Weekend Resource Committee, Behavioral Healthcare Team, and Child Life Day Committee
• Supervises Child Life volunteers, interns and practicum students
• Facilitated numerous interviews within Emergency Department department
• Extensive time spent orienting new staff members to Emergency Department
•Document interactions in a computer based charting system (Epic)
• Provide educational seminars to Child Life interns and Chaplain Interns
- Certified Child Life Specialist at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Child Life Internship at Wolfson Children's Hospital
- Child Life Practicum Student at The Children's Hospital at The Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Child Life Volunteer at Midtown Medical Center
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Child and Family Development
Consistently provided coverage for Team Leads in Inpatient Oncology, PICU, TICU, Pulmonary, and Day Surgery. o Provided diagnosis/hospital education, procedural preparation/support, opportunities for emotional expression, sibling support, and additional Child Life interventions to patients as delegated by Team Leads. § Provided weekend house coverage (including responding to traumas, bereavements, and consults) while prioritizing a large patient load based on factors such as age, severity of need, isolation status, and stress potential. § Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to identify and address patient needs and optimize the patient experience through specific goal setting and strategic planning. Shared pertinent information with team members through documentation in Epic and direct communication. § Managed volunteers and assigned appropriate tasks as needed.
- PRN Certified Child Life Specialist at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Graduate Research Assistant at Texas State University
- Marketing Intern at The White Stone Group, Inc
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Family and Child Studies - Child Life Track
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Communication
Schedule new intake and current clients medical appointments, surgeries, and other
● Provide family/child education and emotional support to reduce anxiety regarding diagnosis, hospitalization, and treatment
● Keep track of minimum 40 clients medical appointments monthly
- Child Life Specialist at Child & Family Services
- HIV Counselor at Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Office Assistant at Buffalo State College Writing Program
- Buffalo Free Application at Buffalo State College Writing Program
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Sociology - Political Science and Sociology
Coaching, mentoring, and monitoring teachers on their day to day teaching life
- Child Life Specialist at ABCD Head Start
- Head Teacher at Lulac Head Start
- LEAD TODDLER TEACHER at WONDER YEARS LEARNING CENTER
- ASSISTANT TEACHER at MANSFIELD DISCOVERY DEPOT
3 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S OF ARTS - SOCIOLOGY
- Associate - General studies
Advocate for patients and families throughout their hospitalization to ensure quality family centered care. ◇ Managed and coordinated donations, visitors, and special events for all pediatric services ◇ Implemented process improvements and policy updates to advance department programming ◇ Engaged with patients and families in processing emotions, perceptions, and events ◇ Offered patients and families grief/bereavement support during end of life care ◇ Extensive experience in pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, pediatric general medicine, radiology, and surgery
- Certified Child Life Specialist at Children's Hospital Colorado
- Certified Child Life Specialist at Children's Hospital of San Antonio
- Intern at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Practicum Student/Volunteer at Christus Sutton Children's Medical Center
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Family Studies; Minor - Business
Pediatric Emergency Department -The Children's Hospital at St. Peter's University Hospital Assess patient and family's psychosocial and developmental needs. Implement age appropriate interventions/support during procedures/treatments. Utilize expertise in child development to provide preparative education for procedures, exams, treatments. Assist patients and families in understanding of medical diagnoses and procedures using medical play. Aide in transition to inpatient admission. Manage materials used for therapeutic play in Pediatric Emergency Department. Utilize volunteer services for bedside play and normalizing stimulation. Provide bereavement/sibling support.
- Certified Child Life Specialist at The Children's Hospital at St. Peter's University Hospital
- Receptionist at
- Child Life Specialist Internship at Hackensack University Medical Center
- at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Child Life Specialist
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the child development program in accordance with the standards of the facility.
- Child Life Specialist at Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Infant/Toddler Teacher at La Petite Academy
- Internship at OUR HOUSE
- Assistant Teacher-Children ages six weeks-five years at RCC Early Child Development Center
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology in the social service track
- AA - Early Childhood Education
Contract Specialist developing of first-ever pediatric patient centered services within the State of Qatar.
• Develops and implements hospital-wide protocols and initiatives based on the tenants of "Patient Centered Care"
• Drives activation of newly open pediatric perioperative unit, targeting the psychosocial needs of children and families
• Manages the direct clinical training, supervision, and evaluation of all junior Child Life staff / interns / volunteers.
• Presents ongoing staff in-services on topics including: child development, healthy coping, and children experiencing trauma
• Collaborates with Quality Improvement team to improve staff work flow systems and direct patient care
• Monitors and troubleshoots patient safety initiatives
• Creates mobile friendly health education content for external website to drive health literacy and public health initiatives
• Coordinates holistic therapeutic services & programming based on population need.
• Provides direct emotional and procedural support to children receiving invasive medical treatment
• Provides play-therapy / medical play sessions to children & families under stress within the medical environment
- Health Consultant & Senior Child Life Specialist at Sidra Medicine
- Certified Child Life Specialist at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
- Success Coordinator at Harlem Children's Zone - TRUCE Fitness & Nutrition Center
- Certified Child Life Specialist at NYU Langone Medical Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Child Life / Play Therapy
- Bachelor of Science - Human Development & Family Studies