I opened my St. Charles solo private practice in May 2008 and within a few months built a successful clinical child psychology practice. Since then, I have worked with over 3,200 children and teens. I have evaluated and treated this many because I utilize a short term, solution-focused approach, which has been acknowledged and appreciated by several referring pediatricians and their patients. After first evaluating the child's strengths and weaknesses, I recommend and implement strategies that research shows most effectively and efficiently can improve the child's psychosocial functioning. I frequently consult with physicians, nurses, school counselors, and teachers to best help the child. My practice includes the following outpatient services for children, adolescents, and families: individual and family therapy, psychological evaluation for children and teens, and collaboration with school personnel and health care providers. I work with children with emotional, behavioral, social, academic, and adjustment difficulties. As a general child psychologist, I receive many referrals to treat kids with oppositional/defiant behaviors, ADHD, anxiety, and depression. I document my diagnostic impressions and recommendations, and I send psychological consultation reports to update the child's physician, especially when psychiatric medication is warranted. Crisis intervention is sometimes needed, and I then evaluate whether a more intensive level of care like psychiatric hospitalization is warranted. Establishing and running my own business has been fulfilling. I have additionally learned the skills of supervising two part-time employees, handling insurance companies, and maintaining the upkeep of an office building that I own. With this said, I am most delighted in the impact I have made on 3,200 youth and their families in our community, and going forward I am looking to focus my energies more on this impact and less on the administration of a business.
- Child Psychologist at Self Employed
- Child Psychologist at
- Child Psychologist at A&E Behavioral Health Care Associates
- Child Psychologist/Clinical Child Psychology Resident at St. Mary's Hospital
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Clinical Child Psychology
- Master's - Clinical Child Psychology
- - Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Meet with in patients to determine whether further care is need. Organize therapy and counseling session through off-site clinics and facilities. Inform parents of the child condition or disorder answering any questions or concerns. Work and communicate with doctors and nurses. Administer testing both written and diagnostic for children with symptoms of mental disorders.
- Child Psychologist at Hampton Roads Behavioral Health
- Child Counselor at Child Psychologists
10 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - psychology
Worked directly with children that suffer from Learning Disorders, Memory Impairments, children Attention, Children Concentration, Children dictation.
- CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST at PICTURE
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ART - Clinical Psychology
Child Psychologist Inc
- Sole Practitioner at Stephanie E Meyer PhD
- Curriculum Consultant at The Jim Henson Company
- Independent Contractor at Paradigm Research and Consulting
- Faculty Psychologist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
10 years at this Job
- - Clinical Research
- - Clinical Internship
- Ph.D. - Child Clinical/Developmental Psychology
- M.A. - Child Clinical/Developmental Psychology
- B.A. - Communications
- - English
100 N. Main Blvd, NE90
Fort Worth, TX 75228
Licensed Clinical Supervisor: Jacqueline Kerr, Ph.D., L.P. LSSP
o Site Description:
• Fort Worth Independent School District is a large urban school district serving students from diverse backgrounds. The Psychological Services Department serves regular and special education students through psycho-educational assessment, diagnosis of learning disabilities, and behavioral and academic intervention. Clients present with an array of behavioral, emotional, and/or developmental disorders and receive psychological evaluations, individualized educational plans (IEP), case management, and therapeutic services.
• Schools assigned: Sagamore Hill Elementary School, South Hi Mount Elementary School, Rosemont Middle School. Responsibilities: Serve as primary school psychologist to two elementary schools and one secondary school; complete neuropsychological, psycho-educational, and psycho-social evaluations to students; manage caseload of up to 75 students throughout the academic year; ensure that all student assessments and IEP's stay within compliance guidelines according to state and national laws; provide individual and parent-child interaction therapy to distressed students, parents, and family units; coordinate with multidisciplinary team consisting of physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist, psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers, pediatricians, and community-based liaisons; consult with school principal, assistant principals, counselors, teachers and teaching assistants on academic and behavioral interventions; lead Staffings/Case Management and Admission, Review, Dismissal (ARD) meetings to review academic plans, goals, and progress; collaborate with special education teachers on the development of academic goals for complex cases; provide in class support to the Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities Classroom which consists of students diagnosed with a range of developmental delays including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down's Syndrome, , Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and Intellectual Disability. Additional responsibilities include presenting to staff on school compliance and special education statistics. Attend weekly to biweekly supervision with License Psychologist
- Post-Doctoral Fellow- School Based Clinical Child Psychologist at Fort Worth Independent School District
- Research Assistant at Research on Alternative Education Placement in Dallas ISD
- Graduate Research Assistant at Research on African American Educational and Mental Health
- Practicum Student Supervisor at Dallas Independent School District
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- - School Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy - Educational Psychology
- Ph.D. - research
- Ph.D. - Psychology
- Ph.D. - Research
providing private education for a student with trauma informed care. Worked closely with the child's psychologist to provide the best learning environment for the student's success.
- Private Educator at
- 6-8th Grade Middle School Math Teacher at
- 4/5th Multi-Grade Lead Classroom Teacher at rural Alaskan village
- Curriculum Coordinator and Lead Teacher at Megla Private Education
2 years at this Job
- certification - education
Developed emergent curriculum based on child interest and play schemes Aligned lessons with age appropriate goals and school-wide standards Scaffolded instruction for diverse needs of learners Created and implemented individualized learning plans for students with diagnosed special needs or developmental delays Worked in the co-teaching model with one to two co-directing teachers, one resource teacher, and a child development team (SLP, OT, and Child Psychologist) TAYLOR Chair of Spirit Committee Served on Hiring Committee to assist in interviewing potential new staff members
- DIRECTING TEACHER at NATIONAL CHILD RESEARCH CENTER PRESCHOOL
- RESOURCE TEACHER at FITZPATRICK
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - SPECIAL EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - CREATIVE WRITING
Worked as psychologist and conducted test such as
• Developmental Schedules
• Verbal Tests.
• Non-verbal Tests.
• Performance Tests.
• Adaptive Behavior Scales.
• Tests of Specific Abilities. The entire above mentioned test are conducted to assess the Child's complete development. Parent counseling is an important part in managing individual with mental retardation. Here the counseling sessions starts with imparting information regarding the condition of the child with mental retardation. Thus helping the parents to develop right attitude towards their child and also creating awareness among parents and other family members regarding their role in monitoring their child with mental retardation. Finally report is given about the child's condition after psychological assessment and skill training follows.The child with mental retardation is assessed in areas such as
• Motor Development.
• Intelligence test
• Adaptive Behavior.
• Language Development.
• Personal - Social Behavior
- Psychologist - Dr.Sunny's Well care at Medical Centre Sharjah
- Publication assistant for Dr.AliHarjan Psychiatrist Sharjah at SHARJAH PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Clinical Psychologist - Anu Psychiatric centre Hyd -AP -India at Anu Psychiatric centre Hyd
- at KHAN Cooperative Society
5 months at this Job
- Doctor of philosophy in Psychology - Psychology
- M A - General Psychology
- Post Graduation Diploma in Child Psychology - Childcounseling and Guidance
providers (full-time) Naval Medical Center San Diego Eastlake, CA Work as an Internal Behavioral health Consultant June 2015- (IBHC) at a branch clinic of NMCSD. Work with Current Navy dependents and retirees and their medical staff regarding specific medical, emotional, as well as behavioral concerns family members and retirees experience while in service and during retirement. Contract Psychologist- PPDG (full-time) Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton, CA Worked as an Internal Behavioral Health Consultant April 2013- (IBHC) at an extension clinic of NHCP. Worked with May 2015 active duty Marines and their medical staff regarding specific medical, emotional, and behavior concerns Marines experience while in service.
- Contract Psychologist- Matrix at PRACTICA
- Registered Psychologist/ Post Doctoral Fellow at Children's Hospital- Chadwick Center
- Contract Psychologist at CTC Mental Health Unit
1 month at this Job
- Psy.D - Clinical Psychology
- M.A. - Clinical Psychology
- B.A. - Psychology
Created individualized lessons and activities based on common core standards and assessments
● Worked with students in individualized settings to meet academic and behavioral goals, including family homes
● Collaborated with Speech Language Pathologist and Occupational Therapist to formalize social and behavioral goals
● Collaborated with Child Psychologist, Dr. Jay Berk of Jay Berk and Associates, to develop home based therapy programs
● Attended school meetings, observations and conferences
● Collaborated and created behavioral goals with classroom teachers at Joseph Florence Mandel Jewish Day School and Laurel School
- Education Consultant and Tutor at Independent Outreach Services
- Behavior Technician at Independent Outreach Services
- Substitute Teacher at The Renhill Group
- First Grade Teacher at Zenith Academy
5 years at this Job
- Masters - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Early Childhood Education