The Director of Operations will oversee the day to day operations of the center while demonstrating exceptional professional leadership and consideration for the educational development, safety and welfare of children and staff.
Our Director of Operations works closely with our staff to lead a team of exceptional early childhood educators!
Extensive, progressive, and comprehensive training is provided for the right candidate through hands on experience including TLE's proprietary Bubbles Institute for Learning!
To learn more about our state of the art center, visit Howell.tlechildcare.com.
The Learning Experience Director is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating services of the facility. The Director must exercise independent judgment, decision-making authority as delegated (including policies, procedures, and staff supervision). The Center Director is responsible for maintaining a safe and positive culture in their center, supporting teachers in the development of curriculum, and building an environment where the children, families and staff thrive. The Director will have the overall responsibility of promoting a positive image in the community. Above all else, the Center Director will uphold the Vision, Mission, Core Values and Circle of Care philosophy of The Learning Experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management reflecting the Core Values of The Learning Experience.
• Ensure effective operation of center; maintain licensing, safety, and educational standards in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, licensing requirements, and company policies.
• Cultivate positive relationships with families, staff members, community contacts and build and maintain public relations with prospective clients and corporate partners through networking and cross-marketing opportunities.
• Create and implement the marketing plan for the center, coordinate local area and in-center events and activities per The Learning Experience requirements.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance team to create unique, engaging and quality classroom experiences; leverage and develop “best in class” educators to be passionate and committed professionals; attract, recruit, and retain staff members per the proper staff/child ratio as set by the State Licensing Entity.
• Maintain responsibility in the areas of 1) Training employees, 2) Planning, assigning and directing work of direct reports, 3) Appraising performance of direct reports, 4) Rewarding and disciplining employees, and 5) Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Develop and facilitate agenda for monthly team meetings and other meetings as needed. • Deliver and implement training programs in alliance with The Learning Experience’s Core Values and state and company requirements.
• Prepare and deliver reports and forms in accordance with the company’s deadlines and procedures.
• Maintain accurate financial accounting of the center operation and protect the company’s monetary assets; develop cost estimates for future program needs.
• Assist in the planning and development of an annual budget and meet or exceed financial goals and objectives.
· Conduct monthly fire drills, lock-down drills, and maintain a log of drills and documentation of response plans.
• Conduct daily safety checks of overall facilities, including all equipment and company premises to ensure a safe environment.
• Maintain, secure and update important and accurate administrative records for the center as required by the company and all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to records on staff and children. • Participate in required training and meetings.
• Perform job duties of any staff member as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Early Childcare Education or a related field
• Prior experience in a supervisory role in a licensed childcare program.
• Maintain continuing education requirements per company and state requirements
• Technical – Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
• Initiative – Ability to proactively spearhead and coordinate the execution of responsibilities in order to achieve desired outcome, and identify and develop new ideas and challenges for business improvement.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Teamwork – Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; act as a team leader by demonstrating interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
• Adaptability – Respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
• Customer Service – Demonstrate strong commitment to identifying and meeting customers’ needs in a timely and appropriate manner, and continually seeks to ensure their full satisfaction.
• Motivation – Willingness to take self-directed or self-motivated actions to do more than is expected in the job with the aim of improving job performance and finding or creating new opportunities.
• Leadership – Ability to set a vision, inspire collaboration among staff members, and coach and build teams to achieve mutual goals.
• Integrity – Instill mutual trust and confidence, create a culture that fosters high standards of ethics, behave in a fair and ethical manner toward others, and demonstrate a sense of corporate responsibility and commitment to the population served.
• Decision-Making & Judgment – Ability to react quickly with sound judgment and problem solving skills in complex and critical situations, such as injuries and accidents.
• Self-Development – Responds positively to feedback regarding performance, continually strives to develop professionally, and takes advantage of opportunities to grow.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Note This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship