1. CIO Resume
A highly successful and diverse systems and operations leadership career has spanned nearly three decades. Foundational years were spent at Omaha corporations including Pacesetter, Mutual of Omaha, and Vertrue, followed by C-Suite leadership roles in Nashville, ultimately leading back to Omaha in the role of CIO at BH Media Group. This career has been defined by a commitment to leadership and mentoring, underscored by a drive for process improvement. BH MEDIA GROUP, Omaha, NE 2017 - 2018 Company began in 2011 when Berkshire Hathaway acquired the Omaha World-Herald and its subsidiaries. Today, BH Media owns 31 daily newspapers and their digital sites. Chief Information Officer (CIO) ◦ Aggressively recruited by BH Media to relocate to Omaha to lead the technology team for the company and its significant number of recently-acquired entities. ◦ Focuses on systems/cultural integration for 30+ companies, with many unique platform and systems infrastructures; approaches each integration with commitment to communication and openness to ideas. ◦ Leads talented team of Directors in areas of: Digital Development, Enterprise Service Desk, Infrastructure, Applications, IT Security, and Project Management. ◦ Notable Accomplishments: * Traveled to major field locations to spearhead the migration to common systems across the country; met with IT staff at various locations to understand their approaches and input. * Developed a transformational strategy to modernize systems, through implementation of an internal private cloud, that provided a 2-3 year TCO recoup by centralization, standardization, leveraging automation, and decreasing the need for systems and networking resources by 60%+; this solution positively impacted EBITDA. * Proposed aggressive road map to consolidate two data centers into one main hub, frugally leveraging the public cloud as a disaster recovery and business continuity solution. * Reorganized the IT Security function to provide dedicated focus on reducing cyber threats and risks to the enterprise. * Co-leading PCI compliance project to ensure readiness by 2019.
- CIO at BH Media Group
- Chief Information Officer at INFINITY MANAGEMENT, LLC / RADIOLOGY ALLIANCE PC
- Senior Consultant at KELSO GROUP
- Co-Founder/CIO/COO at PROACCURA, LLC
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - IT and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
2. CIO Resume
Hunting, PLC (London, England and Houston, Texas) Oil & Gas Energy Sector
CIO (November 2017 - Present)
• Lead all global technology functions including for manufacturing and Plant across NA, EMEA and APAC.
• Developed Board approved global technology strategy for 14 national and international business units.
• Completed ERP/MRP contracts that matched approved technology strategy; includes Office 365 cloud, Microsoft Dynamics 365FO ERP, Salesforce, Hyland Onbase document management, SOLIDWORKS engineering PLC/PLM, and other related accounting such as SKG, CCH, and Concur.
• Lead deployment of Dynamics 365FO for North American business units and across all business functions.
- CIO at Hunting, PLC
- CIO at InterWrap, Inc
- Chief Engineer at Los Alamos Technical
- CIO at AMTRAK
1 year, 4 months at this Job
3. CIO Resume
Fast-growing district serving more than 26K students and 3.4K staff across nearly 40 elementary, middle, high, and alternative
CIO (5/2014 to Present)
Steer design and implementation of IT vision and strategy as member of executive leadership team. Control $13M IT
budget, administer financial resources for systems, infrastructure, and staff. Define and monitor security and compliance
with IT policies and procedures (FERPA, CIPA, COPPA, PII and FCC). Direct contributions of 50+-person staff across Educational Technology, Infrastructure & Operations including Service Desk and Technicians, and Application Services
• Generated 50% increase in federal funds ($850K) for network and telecommunications projects by taking advantage of E-Rate funding program supporting schools and libraries; slashed telecommunications expenses by nearly one-third by securing new bids and leading strategic contract negotiations.
• Closed and implemented a managed print services (MPS) agreement, improving efficiency while also driving 50% reduction in printing volume; created 30% reduction in operating costs and consolidated department budgets.
• Leading an organizational and cultural digital transformation, implementing an online instructional digital ecosystem; integrating security and governance policies for student data; and creating single sign on for access to digital curriculum, online teacher and student tools, and parent portal.
• Facilitated 1:1 equity and access to mobile devices for all students while promoting safe, secure access for staff and students.
• Effectively led network redesign, upgrade and redundancy, as well as business continuity, and disaster recovery (DR) plans.
- CIO at Evergreen Public Schools
- IT Manager at St. Charles Health System
- CTO CIO at Pulaski Co. Special School District
- General Manager at ClearChoice Dental Implant Center
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Post-Graduate Certificate - Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), English Literature
4. CIO Resume
Leading Midwest management consulting firm focused on IT Transformations, Customer Experience, M&A and Strategy Executive Director CIO Recruited to build the $100+ million IT consulting vertical specializing in Healthcare, Finance and Aerospace; manage client relationships; develop RFP's and proposals; oversee contract consultants and programs; assist with new business development. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE CLOUD STRATEGY PROGRAM MANAGEMENT " Leading Customer 360 Big Data Program for ULTA Beauty - enabling analytics and customer insight to drive engagement - 27 million customers, 14,000 associates, 1,000 retail locations " Led Customer Engagement Initiatives for ULTA Beauty - resulting in FY16 NET Sales up 23.7%, ECOM Sales up 56.2%, Earnings/share up 30.9% and 23 million loyalty customers - MOBILE Point of Sale " Developed Data Center/Cloud Approach for ULTA Beauty - Enabling disaster recovery, lowering operating costs and improving performance by 52% " Established Global Corporate Actions and Entitlements transformation program for Northern Trust Company - projected to save $1 billion per year by reducing human error and improving trading performance. " Formulated Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) cloud platform strategy and managed implementation for Uptake, a $1B valuation Caterpillar venture, utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Hadoop
- CIO at Team Convergence
- Executive Director at Walgreens Boots-Alliance - Enterprise Shared Services
- Senior Director at Orbitz Worldwide
- Director of Technology at Orbitz Worldwide
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Aerospace Management
5. CIO Resume
Architected and designed a facility to provide outsourcing for Internet services. The system, AT&T EW3, to be deployed in third quarter 1996, was slated to be a proxy site for hundreds of large companies who want to outsource their Internet presence. The system was designed from ground up to support the high bandwidth and security requirements of its customers.
The services provided were - detailed network, hardware and software design, and reconciling marketing requirements to architecture, high security implementation, and very high bandwidth WWW service design.
➢ Disney Corp - WWW Hosting Services: Designed a facility to provide hosting services for WWW. The system, Disney.net, hosts multimedia entertainment content for the general public, but is managed and staged by a third party specialized in web site management. The main architectural features that were developed included network, hardware and software design for remote content management and security policies necessary for hosting nonsecure WWW services.
➢ Merrill-Lynch - Development of Online Consulting Services Architected the system for Merrill's customer consultation service which proposed to use multimedia based services to provide financial consulting to its large-account client base. The project involved design of kiosks, conference rooms and desktop services to allow clients to access specific financial consulting expertise on demand. The architecture involved seamless integration of financial applications with videoconferencing and a network infrastructure to support full motion video, live audio and application sharing on a wide area basis. Final project implementation will be nationwide with over 60 sites providing the online consulting services.
➢ AT&T - Upgrading Call Tracking Services Provided technical analysis and detailed feasibility study to a large telecommunications corporation for platform migration of its toll-free (800) call tracking and billing service. The service was a collection of complex applications with millions of lines of code with custom tools and extensions. The business drivers included such diverse items as limited expansion, customer complaints, equipment obsolescence and poor performance.
➢ AT&T - Migration of Teleconferencing Services Proposed a legacy systems migration from a defunct UNIX platform to SUN/Solaris for teleconferencing and bridging services at a large telecommunications company. The project involved migration of defunct hardware, obsolete software, proprietary network architecture and a customized firmware database system.
➢ Smith Barney - Trading Floor Migration Provided high level consulting to a large financial corporation in physical migration and expansion of its trading floor. This was the largest trading floor migration ever in the history of Wall Street and the problems that arose had to do with application migration, network management and security.
➢ Pfizer Chemicals - Strategic Consulting Provided CIO level advice to a large pharmaceutical corporation on strategic architecture management and open systems implementations. The designs discussed R&D database migration, FDA records database upgrades, multi-site data warehousing, open systems rehosting and technical coordination and training issues associated with transferring a corporation to an open systems architecture.
➢ Merrill-Lynch - High Availability Systems Consulted with a large financial house on high availability issues associated with mutual funds index posting. Proposed an architecture for a high reliability and fault resilient system to reduce risk of downtime and consequent revenue loss. The system incorporated distributed database concepts, customized high availability software combined with system management policies and procedures.
➢ Inland Steel Utilities Dispatch Center Lead architect for migration of a Utilities and Dispatch Center at Nippon-Inland, a business unit in charge of ordering, monitoring and accounting for all utilities consumed by a large manufacturing plant. Proposed, designed and implemented the replacement of all field remote processors, central control systems and the migration of all MIS database applications. Project was designed to be an OSI compliant distributed database system from real time data collection to historical relational storage. Object oriented design methodology was combined with distributed computing principles to produce a modular framework for integration with existing legacy systems. Designed and implemented a unique integration cutover scheme for phasing in of new systems in a modular fashion into a 24x7 data warehouse. Completed system hardware consisted of ELN real time processors, DEC, Sun and Silicon Graphics workstations, SCO/UNIX multiprocessor servers, high speed intelligent disk subsystems, Windows based PCs, intelligent bridges and routers and a ethernet based WAN with DECNET, TCP/IP and Novell.
➢ Business Analysis of Shipping Services: Conducted a study in right-sizing for a shipping, billing and inventory system for a $1 billion steel mill. Research involved streamlining the existing operations, designing identification schema and downsizing mainframe software. Designed and implemented a Just-in-Time (JIT) operation for production and dispatch of steel coils.
➢ Inland Steel - Decision Support System for Steel Production: Project Engineer for design and implementation of CYCLOPS, an expert system for operator guidance and monitoring for a blast furnace. The system is the first (and the only) of its kind in the U.S. Steel industry. Ii consists of a multi-user inference engine with a user friendly GUI. The reasoning is time oriented and decision sensitive. System was implemented with NEXPERT, C and FACTORYLINK.
➢ Inland Steel - Chemical Laboratory Information Management System: Design, configuration and implementation of a large scale LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System). System was composed of four separate networked laboratories containing upwards of 80 instruments. Identification systems were used extensively to control flow of information as tests moved from one laboratory to another. System implemented on an ethernet based network of DEC VAX servers, PDPs, and PCs.
- CIO at AT&T - Internet Outsourcing Service Architecture
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
6. CIO Resume
As CIO and chief database architect, I was responsible for leading the engineering department. I designed, developed, and orchestrated the delivery of a working software prototype for the "mIQroAware" platform from the ground up, complete with data generation and simulation testing programs. We succeeded in the secure cellular telemetry of high-volume sensor data from our custom IoT hardware to our AWS cloud infrastructure. Sensor readings were further distilled via custom, automated data analytics and special cause variation detection algorithms into meaningful customer notifications and automation events.
- CIO at MIQROTECH INC
- PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT, CIBER GLOBAL at
- SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR at DATAQUEST INC. @ UNITED DEFENSE
- ORACLE CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR at CONTEMPORARY TECHNOLOGIES INC
1 year at this Job
- BA - MANAGEMENT SCIENCE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
7. CIO Resume
Accomplished, self-motivated, innovative, and adaptable CIO with 15+ years of experience helping health care providers to achieve their revenue-generation goals by driving effective system optimization and technology adoption. Deep upper-management experience in collaborating with leadership to improve electronic health record (EHR) adoption; streamlining clinical workflows to increase EHR efficiency; helping organizations to succeed with value-based payment models; and improving access to care for chronically ill patients. Helped several facilities to meet federal requirements for payment and patient care. Have maintained a system uptime and availability of 99.8%. Solid record of success in client relationship cultivation and interpersonal communication at all levels. Strategy- and data-driven professional known for organization, excellent judgment, problem-solving, and critical-thinking abilities
- CIO at South Bend Clinic, LLP
- at South Bend Clinic, LLP
- Vice President (VP) of IS at Physicians Hospital System, LLC
- at Physicians Hospital System, LLC
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in IS
- Master of Business Administration in Technology Management - Technology Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration - Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate
8. CIO Resume
• Support CIO work flow: SAA, TAA and paper portfolio allocation, fund manager selection and performance attribution.
• Manage code deployments, testing, scope prioritization and stakeholder communications. Lead meetings; recognize key issues and risks and facilitate teams to solution; ensure information is shared and issues addressed.
- CIO at J.P. Morgan Asset Management Private Bank Multi-Asset
- AVP at Alliance Bernstein OTC Derivatives
- Senior Consultant at KPMG LLP, Advisory Quantitative Advisory Service
- at Marathon Asset Management
1 year at this Job
- M.A. in Statistics - Statistics
- B.S. in Physics and Economics Special Classes for Gifted - Physics
9. CIO Resume
Promoted to CIO responsibilities and oversaw all IT activities across corporate HQ and MGK global sites. Responsible for a multi-million dollar budget and managing a team of 17 direct reports and consultants. Led change initiatives across multiple areas, including ERP, Security, Business Continuity with Disaster Recovery, Product Lifecycle Management, CRM, SCADA, HMI and others.
● Increased productivity and adoption of ERP system through Value Stream Mapping for ERP software upgrade that included business process improvements and training. Project delivered on-time, on-budget, without business interruption. Increased use compliance and reduced order processing and staging time by 23%.
● Speed to Market: Implemented Product Lifecycle Management tool that diminished department activity silos achieving a 60% increase in communications and timely handoffs. Produced a 20% time reduction in sub registrant EPA tracking and submissions.
● Enhanced business decisions by developing a Data Warehouse while standardizing and validating existing report content.
● Increased customer satisfaction by leveraging Salesforce.com features and functionality.
● Achieved 100% productivity improvement by deploying IBM Watson for easy document retrieval from a pool of over 750k documents and records.
● High Satisfaction: Validated IT contribution through Independent Info-Tech review. Survey of all company staff showed 90% satisfaction of department and 87% satisfaction regarding department contribution value to their day to day work activities. 115 year old company, a subsidiary of the global Sumitomo Chemical Corporation
- CIO at MGK
- Sales Support & Service Manager at MGK
- Senior Program Manager at ThreeWire
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- BIS - IT, Life Sciences, Physiology and Marketing
- - Information Technology
10. CIO Resume
Managing a multi-disciplinary team of more than 80 IT professionals with a diverse responsibility in the areas of; Project Management, Enterprise Application Development, Infrastructure Services, Network and Security, Service Desk and IT Procurement.
Responsible for IT strategy development, governance, technology planning, execution, and implementation of organizational changes, creating a clear vision, setting goals and expectations, encouraging leadership, motivating at all levels, and making sound judgment in developing and managing enterprise IT initiatives in support of organization’s mission, vision and goals.
Responsible for development of IT policies and standards, IT strategic planning, staff management, IT portfolio management, IT budget and acquisition/procurement and contract Management. Establish and maintain effective working relationships on behalf of organization with executive levels of industry, State and Federal control agencies, Office of Technology Services, and the vendor community. Solve problems, promote new ideas and develop new approaches to achieve the organization’s vision.
As the CIO, I have initiated and lead many projects with a vision of future evolving technology and applied those concepts and methods in my everyday planning and practices. Following projects are some of my recent initiatives considering new technology trends impacting infrastructure and operation of our business in CPUC.
• Development of fully functional electronic filing systems for all utility companies to electronically filling their applications and all other correspondence with CPUC.
• CPUC Email System transition to Office 365, cloud base technology hosted in Azure cloud offered by Microsoft for communications and collaboration.
• Hybrid deployment of SharePoint for CPUC (on premise and in Microsoft Azure cloud).
• Building a cloud disaster recovery site and building a full redundant network infrastructure for a higher availability, technology recovery and to secure business continuity in the Cal-Cloud California department of technology cloud supported and offered by IBM cloud.
• Implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology on the cloud to allow secure access to CPUC resources from anywhere for telecommuters.
• Deployment of a new IP phone system, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) that significantly reduced the costs and delivers more functionality for CPUC staff communication.
• Implementation of two factor authentication system for an extra layer of security. During the last 3 years under my direction the following new IT and security policies and standards, guidelines and procedures have been developed and put in place for different aspects of IT operation to follow the State compliance rules:
• Created the first version of IT Strategic Plan for CPUC
• Developed the CPUC Information Security Plan
• Developed the CPUC Technology Recovery Plan (TRP)
• Developed the first cloud-based disaster recovery and failover system for all Oracle based applications.
• Disaster Recovery Preparedness policy and Disaster Recovery Preparedness (DRP) plan
• Developed and table exercised the Incident Response Plan (IRP) an annual requirement by State of California
• Developed and tested a Disaster Recovery plan and procedure for CPUC Public Website and other public facing applications and major IT systems
- CIO at California Public Utilities Commission
- Network and Security Manager at California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- Client Services Section Chief at Dept. Of Public Health
- System Software Specialist II (Tech) at Dept. Of Public Health
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- MS Completed Course Work - Computer Sciences