I received a promotion from Library Clerk to Circulation Assistant. Manage front desk of community library, serving an average of 200 patrons per day. Responsible for directing patrons to resources, enforcing library policies, registering new library cards, processing checkouts/returns, and updating online library catalog.
•Stay up-to-date on all current library policies and events to provide accurate information to patrons at front desk.
•Keep all resources organized by scanning them into catalog immediately upon return and shelving them in appropriate location.
•Assist patrons in the computer lab with questions on basic computer use or online resources. Provide support to patrons with low technology experience by demonstrating how to use browser, search tools, and Microsoft Office.
•Respond to incoming calls on main line with a polite demeanor, addressing basic questions about hours or resources, or transferring calls to other specialists.
- Circulation Assistant at St.Louis County Library
- Library Clerk at Saint Louis County Library
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Associates of Arts
Supervises Student Assistants
● Operates automated circulation system
● Collect, processes, and totals fines and fees
● Prepares materials for Reserve use
● Direct shelving procedures
● Assistant patrons with technology troubleshooting
● Assist with stacks and serial maintenance
● Support university archivist in completing special projects
● Contributes to Library's social media presence
- Circulation Assistant at Baldwin Wallace University
- Health Unit Coordinator at Cleveland Clinic
- Branch Clerk at Cleveland Public Library
- at Cleveland Public Library
4 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
Assisted patrons at front circulation desk with book requests, technology requests and software requests
● Shelved and organized books and media materials based on Dewey system
- Circulation Assistant at Mount Holyoke Library, Information and Technology Services
- Communications Intern at Earthjustice
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology and Economics Majors
Experience included: facilitating daily operations such as basic reference and library user inquiries, circulation, customer service, familiarity with scanning devices and audio-visual equipment, materials shelving and stack maintenance Proficient with: Voyager and interlibrary systems (I-Share, OCLC/WorldCat)
- Circulation Assistant at John M. Flaxman Library, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Executive Assistant at Q.C. Enterprises, Inc.
- Interior Design Consultant at Self Employed
- Home Finishes Designer at Neumann Homes, Inc.
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Merit Scholarship Recipient - Studio (Emphasis in Fiber and Material Studies)
- Certificate of Fine Art - Studio (Emphasis in Painting)
- Continuing Studies Program, Merit Scholarship Recipient - Studio (Emphasis in Drawing)
- College of Arts and Science, Merit Scholarship Recipient - Art History
- Adult Degree Completion Program - Science and Humanities
• Checks in and out books and library materials to patrons at circulation desk
• Assist patrons with library accounts
• Answer phone calls and provides routine information and or transfer phone calls accordingly
• Shelves books according to Dewey Decimal system
- Circulation Assistant at Springfield-Greene County Library
- Office Assistant at Hannibal-LaGrange University
- Daycare Teacher at Tri-County Christian School
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- None - Social Work
- None - Social Work
- High school
- Some college
• Assisted in maintaining the smooth operation of the public services functions of the Library Circulation Desk, including public computer checkout, book renewals, fines, and study room reservations
• Achieved excellent customer service through with a diverse Patron population (adjacent over-55 community, and nearby elementary and high schools)
• Resolved Patron conflicts or complaints with minimal supervision
• Input and maintained patron records in the automated circulation system
• Oversaw entire Circulation department nights and weekends, in rotation with other unit staff, and was responsible for building safety in the absence of supervisor
• Shelved books and retrieved Library materials requested by patrons
• Assisted patrons on the Public computers as needed (document preparation, research, computer assistance, Microsoft Word or Power Point assistance)
• Trained patrons on downloading electronic library materials
• Assisted in the organization or delivery of Library programs
- Circulation Assistant at Lancaster County Library, Del Webb, Indian
- Senior Vice President and Director, Center for People Development at SYNOVUS
- Senior Vice President, Director of Performance Management, Small Business Banking at First Union
- at First Union
9 years at this Job
- - Organizational Communications
• Practice circulation desk procedures, such as checking in and checking out books. laptops, study models, and other materials.
• Shelves library materials and reads shelves.
• Assists students and other patrons with finding resources.
• Sorts and routes mail.
• Answers directional questions and refer students to appropriate personnel.
• Performs other related work.
- Circulation Assistant at Seattle Central College
- Dental Assistant at Glenn Y. Kadohiro, DDS
3 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Babysitting for Kim Hindley and family
● Caring for elderly family members
● Shopping for and helping handicapped people learn to shop for bargains
● Animal sitting for MaryBeth Thomas and Peggy Walker
● Server at Homestead of Centerville
● Circulation Aid at Drake Public Library Server at Homestead of Centerville 641-437-1999 Babysitter for Kimberly Hindley 641-895-1463 MaryBeth Thomas 641-895-3545 Diana McGregor 641-895-2566 Connie Cornett 641-895-0159
- Circulation Assistant at Drake Public Library
- Server at HOMESTEAD
10 months at this Job
- High school
• Maintain the detailed records of all materials in circulation
• Accurately organize materials within the stacks according to the Library of Congress Call Number System
• Collect data on patron's usage of the library to aid in the planning of a remodeling project
- Circulation Assistant at Hope College
- Server at Rainbow Grill
- Sustainability Intern at Hope College
- Human Resources Office Assistant at Hope College
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business, Biology
Handled the circulation of all library materials.
● Signed new patrons up for library cards and processed their registrations.
● Fixed damaged library material.
- Circulation Assistant at Muncie Public Library
- Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant at Bracken Library
- Human Resources Intern at Muncie City Hall
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma