In my position I have worn many hats with my main focus on Data Center. My primary responsibilities include implementation, design, maintenance of Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE), F5 Load Balancers, Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS), Fortinet Firewalls, ASA 5585-X, 5525-X, 5515-X, FWSM, Cisco Source fire IDS/IPS intrusion detection devices, Wireless LAN Controllers (Cisco WLC 2100) switching and router infrastructure, Web sense, and Barracuda spam filter. This includes day to day monitoring and traffic analysis and reporting. Another focus is design, implementation and architect, utilizing Cisco UCS200, Cisco Nexus 5596, 5548, 2248, 2232 storage/data center switches with a focus on high availability with Cisco 6509 as the core. Along with these duties I am responsible for troubleshooting any issues that occur during day to day operations which includes layer 2/3 support issues. My responsibilities also include IOS upgrades and hardware replacements and security audits. I have also implemented VPN solutions using ASA, VPN concentrators, focusing AAA authentication solution using ACS server. I have a broad range of technologies that are being utilized including layer 2 and layer 3 competencies. Also responsible for managing Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Unity Voice mail, this includes moves adds and changes. Also managed Websense Web Security, OpenDNS, Cisco ACS server (TACACS) authentication services.
- Cisco Engineer/ Network Engineer at Navicure
- Consultant at Firefly Communications
- System Engineer at IBM
- Desktop Engineer/Phone Administrator at Allied Holdings
10 years at this Job
- High school
• Designed, built and maintained 24/7 On-Call Support Lab for Customer Services w/ Cisco Solutions
• UCS & VMWare Implementation for Virtualization as a Service ◦ Deployed and Maintained VMWare Server & ESXi 6.0 Environment ◦ Installed and Configured Cisco UCS-B, Cisco USC-C, Cisco N2K, Cisco MDS 9100 and EMC VMX ◦ Configured Deployed FCoE, SAN & LAN ◦ Maintained over 800 Virtual Machines for Customer Support Lab ◦ Performed Quarterly Maintenance with zero downtime
• Collaborated with global teams to implement and standardize virtualization as a service lab to ensure labs were available for client requirements
• Power Conservation: ◦ Remote Power Management: Reservation Page / 190 Smart PDUs / 6000 Devices / $98K Yearly Savings
• Managed yearly lab equipment budget for multiple sites up to $1.5 Million per year
• Managed logistics of all lab equipment, purchasing, inventory, repair, RMA and disposal
• Recruited, trained & mentored employees ◦ 51 Co-Ops over 10-year period. Conversion rate to full-time Cisco engineer of 33% ◦ 6 Contractors over 6-year period. Conversion rate to full-time TAC Engineer of 50%
• Lead global team to implement and standardize CCIE Collaboration training pods for Technical Services.
• Provided resources for customer recreates, CCIE Training & TOIs using the following technologies ◦ UCCE, UCCX, Call Manager, Unity, Content Networking, Multiservice Voice, Physical Security, Conferencing & Mobile Internet Technology, Core Routing and Switching, IoT, Collaboration
• Labs as a Service: ◦ Remote power management: Equipment reservation page / 190 Smart PDUs / 6000 Devices / $98K Yearly Savings ◦ Virtualization as a Service 40 ESX Hosts / 700 Virtual Machines / Cisco SAN / EMC CX-240 / $550 per Guest ◦ Developed Staffing tool and rolled out to US TAC (~800 users) on time and within budget
• Project managed move of 2160 Sq. Ft. Customer Services Lab in Lawrenceville, GA
• Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) STAR Award of Excellence in Service Delivery Optimization
• Cisco Customer Advocacy Pinnacle Award for Lab Globalization and Virtualization
- Network Engineer | Customer Support Lab Manager at Cisco Systems, Inc
- at Cisco Systems, Inc
- Customer Support Engineer at Cisco Systems, Inc
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
* IT consultant, primarily a Cisco engineer but also implement and support VMWare, Microsoft, and storage systems. * Designed and implemented secure and highly available network solutions for clients including redundant VPN's using dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), wireless networks, QOS, and remote access VPN's. * Deployed Talari SD WAN appliances, resulting in lower cost and improved performance between client sites. * Configured multi-homed redundant ISP connections using BGP allowing network services to be available from internet after single ISP failure * Deployed wireless networks using Cisco, Unify, and HP wireless controllers * Implemented secure wireless networks using 802.1x authentication * Upgraded VSphere clusters to VSphere 6.5 and implemented HA and DRS. * Implemented voice networks using Cisco Unity Express and Call Manager. * Configured voice vlans and QOS policies for voice and video traffic * Reviewed and resolved security scan vulnerabilities to assist clients with PCI compliance. * Implemented and managed security policies with Cisco IOS, ASA, Sophos, Adtran, Brocade, and Sonicwall firewalls * Work with ISP's to implement public IP address changes, new circuit installation, and QOS policies.
- Network Engineer at Coulee Region Solutions
- Network Administrator at CITY BREWERY
- Systems Administrator at ALLIED MARINE LLC
- Senior Production Support Team Lead at WILDCARD SYSTEMS/EFUNDS
7 years at this Job
• Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting various routing protocols like MPLS, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
• Implementation of Wireless access points to newly opened branches and existing branches.
• Building new Verizon branch data networks of various sizes from small to large sites.
• Implementation of Cisco 3750, 3850 switches and Cisco 3900 and ASR 1000s routers to new sites using Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
• Decommissioning and consolidating existing branch networks and connect network sites to the Internal MPLS cloud using Cisco Prime.
• Manage Cisco wireless and Cisco switches with Prime Infrastructure 3.1.
• Designed a secured wired network using Network Access Control (NAC) centered around a multi-site redundant solutions with Cisco ISE and Windows Active Directory.
• Worked with VMware vSphere and vCentre for virtual network environments.
• Managed SDN using vCentre application tool.
• Configure DMVPN, VRF, NHRP, and Performance Routing to optimize SDWAN infrastructure.
• Managed and deployed Cisco PIX and Firepower firewalls.
• Created DMZ's for various security levels pertaining to retail locations.
• Used Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to identify intrusions and prevent security issues.
• Worked with Cisco ACI for the virtual network and SDN.
• Used HP blade enclosures for optimizing the data center environment.
• Worked with HP blade enclosure for stacking, connecting and performance optimization of the various Switches, Routers and network devices.
• Configured PVSTP+ for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
• Involved in design, implementation and configuration of HSRP for load balancing on L3 switches on different location of office on the switched network.
• Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices using Cisco ACI.
• Worked on Bluecoat Proxy SG to safeguard web applications in extremely untrusted environments such as guest Wi-Fi zones.
• Performing URL filtering and content filtering by adding URL's in Bluecoat Proxy SG's.
• Worked wth VoIP systems for IP phone and voice lines.
• Performed DNS and DHCP management with Infoblox DDI.
• Creating RMA for the Faulty Cisco Equipment's with Cisco Engineer Team.
• Involved in Network Designing, Qos, Routing, DNS, IP Subnetting, TCP/IP protocol.
• Ensuring IP SLA's meet the Qos contracted.
• Configuring Quality of Service best practices for several types and sizes of branches across the enterprise network.
• Checking and configuring Cisco 7600 and 7200 routers at data center for remote sites' issues.
• Work with Verizon Wireless data network architecture to track IPs, isolate host location, and import data into IPC tool.
• Working closely with Data center management to analyze the data center sites for cabling requirements of various network equipment.
• Proficient with Cisco ASA 5500 firewall in multi-context, clustering and Active/Standby failover environment.
• Installed Cisco WAAS device 4451-X for acceleration of TCP-based applications, and Cisco's Wide Area File Services (WAFS) in a single appliance and to preserve and strengthening branch security.
• Installs, configures and maintains Juniper EX series switches and SRX, MX, and M series routers.
• Reduced the number of managed devices from 120 to 15 by implementing Virtual Chassis technology using Juniper EX4200 switches.
• Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 and Radware for the corporate applications and their availability using Application Delivery Controller.
• Worked with ASA Firewall configuration and Participated in Migration of PIX to ASA for hardware devices.
• Performing network monitoring, providing analysis using various tools like WireShark, Solarwinds etc.
• Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with Cisco ASA VPN using Cisco Client.
• Troubleshoot and Worked with Security issues related to Cisco ASA/ PIX, Checkpoint, IDS/IPS and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
• Worked with Cisco Prime for Data Center Management.
• Work on IPv4, IPv6 addressing schemes and management for Devices.
• Mapped, Network Diagrams and physical identification in MS Visio.
- Sr. Network Engineer at GAP
- Network Engineer at USAA
- Network Engineer at Altice USA
- Junior Network Engineer at CenturyLink
5 months at this Job
• Provide network analysis, network diagnostics, network problem resolution, root-cause analysis, IOS software referral to ensure high availability for mission critical network solutions
• Routing, Lan Switching specific to Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Data Centers, Multicast, QoS and Layer 2 technologies.
• Provide in-depth troubleshooting of IP routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree and VLANs.
• Deployment of Nexus 7k/5k/2k switches
• Design and implement campus, WAN and end to end QoS across MPLS provider networks ENVIRONMENT: Various Cisco 2900, 3750, 4900, 6500 Catalyst Switches, ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Cisco Secure Intrusion Prevention System (IDS), Cisco PIX/FWSM/ASA Firewalls, Cisco ISE, CUCM VoIP Platform, Nextone and Acme Packet Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Juniper/Netscreen ISG Firewalls, Nokia IP350 running Check Point firewall software, Polycom, Linksys and Cisco IP phones, Polycom Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) MGC-100, Polycom and Tandberg IP Video endpoints. ATM, Frame Relay, Firewall redundancy, AAA servers, Aruba Wireless, F5 BigIP load Balancer.
- Senior Cisco Consultant at BlackRock Financial
- Senior at Cisco
- Senior Cisco Consultant at BNP Paribas
- Cisco IP Telephony Consultant at Bluewater
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
IOS-XR Core Routing team As an IOS-XR TAC Engineer since April 2018 duties included: troubleshooting hardware issues in Cisco TAC, software configurations, and troubleshooting of ASR9K, NCS5K, CRS, and other service provider router topology network issues. Also, providing support in areas of: Routing Protocols, Layer 1 to 3 LAN/WAN technologies, IOS software upgrades, network migrations, crash analysis, and Route Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Customer Support Engineer III at Cisco Systems Inc
- Customer Support Engineer - RFGW Video Escalation, CMTS Engineer at Cisco Systems Inc
- at Cisco Systems Inc
9 months at this Job
- BS in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Lead technician in modernization projects, equipment upgrades and implements technical changes on engineering proposals.
• Facilitate/control Air Operation Center/1st Air Force secure/non-secure video teleconferences.
• Configure/maintain CISCO VCS-E, MSC 8550, C40, C60, C90, EX60, DX80, SX series video teleconferencing equipment.
• Install/configure/Troubleshoot $12 million data wall and AMX A/V suite.
• Reconfigured video conference codecs.
• Installed vulnerability updates on 120 enterprise collaboration devices eliminating 55 cyber threats
• Reviewed, prioritized and remediated 763 security compliance orders secured enterprise network weaknesses.
• Configured and maintained KIV-7M cryptographic equipment which provided secure ISDN/T1 connection for teleconferencing between allied foreign national partners.
• Mitigated enterprise CAT III cryptographic equipment violation identifying DISA released expired key to foreign nationals.
• Created Visio network diagram to assist on site CISCO engineer and provide a technical solution for H.323 protocol degradation.
- Video Teleconference Technician at U.S. Air Force/Tyndall AFB
- Sim&S / Network Administrator at Air Force Engineering Squadron
- Data Link/Network Infrastructure Technician at U.S. Air Force/ Tyndall AFB
- RF Transmissions Systems/Electronic Technician, E-3-4 at U.S. Air Force/Tyndall AFB
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Network - Network & Communication Management
- Security+ Certification
- A.A.S. - Electronic System Technology
- Bachelor of Science - ComputerForensics
• Lead engineer for converting legacy telephony sites to VoIP using SIP protocol
• Work with users at individual sites to customize dial plan to support their business needs
• Responsible for PRI, SIP and analog activations, testing and troubleshooting
• Work daily with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM 11.6) and Unity Connection (CUC 11.6) for work-related tasks and tickets
• Cisco UCCE including script creation, monitoring, and maintenance
• Cisco router and switch configuration for voice services and Quality of Service (QoS)
• Team lead for project to standardize all VoIP sites to current company convention including training and documentation
• Cisco call center support for Agents, Supervisors, Calabrio Call Recording and CUIC agent reporting
• Lead engineer to upgrade, manage and maintain Arc Enterprise attendant console, Infortel ISI call detail reporting, Stack8 UC Provisioning and Symon display boards
• Cisco Jabber user installation and setup
• Paging and intercom configuration and maintenance
• Nationwide first- and second-day site support for all VoIP conversions
• Creating documentation for users and technical documentation for engineers
• Communication with vendors for support, upgrades and server migrations
• Responsible for training and supporting lower level engineers
- IP TELEPHONY ENGINEER at First American Title Co
- SENIOR NETWORK & TELECOM ENGINEER at Macsteel Service Centers USA
- NETWORK ENGINEER at Onsite Network, Inc. - Digital Signage Company
- NETWORK ENGINEER at Metronome, Inc
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Economics
So far with Associated Bank I have completed a number of projects. For one I have replaced our aged Cisco Tacacs+ 4.0 Servers with Cisco Tacacs+ 5.7 Virtual Appliances, I have replaced our EOL Cisco Ace Load Balancers with A10 Networks and assisted with the conversion of the DMZ Networks to the F5 Load Balancer. I have been instrumental in the rollout of Policy based routing to the branch sites to make use of the secondary Cable modem connection for local web browsing as well as rolling out branch-based guest Wi-Fi and fixing a number of problems with device roaming via Wi-Fi. I have also found and solved a number of VOIP issues that had been plaguing the rollout of our AVAYA Voip Solution. I have worked closely with the security department to expand the roll of a network engineer in the environment, which now allows the network engineers to take a proactive stance on security as well as making smarter security decisions. I have planned and execute a business Partner Network migration which involved the re-architecture of over 30 Business partner connections to add redundancy and resiliency to their connections. I drove to completion the ISE Upgrade and rollout along with continued troubleshooting and security profiling. I have become the GOTO Person for everything related to Business Partner Communication and Application integration by way of my application background. I championed and built a test environment that mirrored our production environment to allow for a change control process that required testing in a non-production setting before rolling out to production. I developed the application template for internal applications behind the load balancers as well as implemented end to end https communication on tls1.2 for over 100 internal applications. Re-developed the SSL Security model to allow for wildcard certs on internal and external load balancers instead of the hundreds of individual certificates that required care and ongoing attention. I have also developed lesson plans and in depth training classes for our lower level engineers. I focused on troubleshooting methodology and details of how Load Balancers work and how firewalls work. As a result our first tie ticket resolution to our level 1 operations engineers has dramatically improved. I continue to work with my operations team to improve skills and knowledge and to close the knowledge gap between engineering and operations. This includes a dramatic overhaul of our internal documentation and knowledge base. My latest project involved GSS Upgrade and deployment of TLS 1.2 throughout the organization. I was promoted to Sr. Network Engineer last year
- Sr. Network Engineer at ASSOCIATED BANK
- Infrastructure Engineer at OMNI RESOURCES
- Network Infrastructure engineer at TECHNOSIS
- General Systems Admin Duties for Adventures in Advertising in Neenah at TEKSYSTEMS
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Introduction to Business
• Worked with Cisco Call Manager 10.5(2) configuring new sites, phones, route patterns, gateways, user device profiles, call recording.
• Worked with Cisco Unity Connection configuring voicemail boxes, call handlers, class of service, user templates and directory handlers.
• Helped configure Cisco 3925 routers and 2800 switches.
• Configured Meraki MX64W and MX65W routers in Meraki dashboard and walked users through installation of routers.
• Worked with Service Now ticketing system doing requests, changes, problem tickets and incident tickets.
• Traveled to offsite location to help install Cisco Router
• Configured in ICM agent IDs and device targets.
• Troubleshot voice quality issues related to QoS and Telecom by running debugs, verifying configurations & carrier issues for PRI and SIP trunk related issues.
• MAC work in Cisco Call Manager 10.5(2).
• Contacted users to help them with issues they were facing and to provide information.
• Worked with users to test and troubleshoot issues with IP Phones.
- Cisco Voice Engineer at Compucom
- Industrial Laborer at JME of Monticello
- Cisco Engineer at Astontech
- Grain Technician at Kansas Grain Inspection Service (KGIS)
4 years, 5 months at this Job