Prepare council agendas, council meetings, conform Resolutions and Ordinances, accept and distribute summons and complaints, public records request, posting online, answer multiple phone lines. In charge of Employee of the Quarter for the city. Proficient with Granicus, Clerk Search, Laserfishe, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and People Soft.
- Deputy City Clerk at City Clerk's Office City of Fresno
- Water Conservation Rep at Water Conservation/Water Quality City of Fresno
- Customer Service / Cashier at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Medical Assistant & Customer Service at Intelligent Skin Care
3 years at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
- High School Diploma
Managed and maintained City Municipal Code and custody of official records and archives
of the City including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, deeds, minutes.
• Planned, directed, coordinated, and reviewed the work plan for the City Clerk's Department.
• Selected, trained, motivated, and evaluated City Clerk's Department personnel.
• Managed and participated in the development and administration of the City Clerk's Department budget.
• Attended City Council and various board meetings and record all official proceedings; directed the preparation of minutes and other documents; directed the publication, filing, indexing, and safekeeping of all proceedings of the City Council; maintained, routed, and tracked all documents requiring execution by the City after Council approval.
• Responsible for the preparation of the agenda and organization, printing and distribution of the agenda packet materials for the City Council and Board and Commission meetings.
• Provided responsible staff assistance to the City Manager and City Council; prepared and presented staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
• Continuously monitored and evaluated the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assessed and monitored work load, administrative and support systems; identified opportunities for improvement; directed the implementation of changes.
• Coordinated municipal elections through the County; ensured conformance to election and government code; filed campaign statements for all elected officials.
• Managed the collection, process, and review of liquor license applications.
• Participated on a variety of boards and commissions; attended and participate in professional group meetings; stayed abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of municipal government.
• Executed official City documents; maintained custody of City Seal; administered and file oaths of office.
- City Clerk at City of Laramie, City Clerk's Office
- Human Resources Generalist at City of Laramie, Human Resources Department
- Administrative Assistant at City of Laramie, Parks and Recreation Department
- Account Clerk at City of Laramie, Parks and Recreation
3 years at this Job
- BA - Social Studies Education
Served as a representative of the City at each regular Council Meeting, Special Meetings and Budget Workshop Meetings. Drafted and edited written materials including Agendas and Minutes for City Council Meetings. Drafted new resolutions and ordinances for review by the Council, responded to citizens' complaints and requests for information and services. Supervised, trained and mentored several staff members in various administrative positions, to include Grants Coordinator, Payroll Clerk, Procurement Officer, Finance Clerk, Deputy City Clerk and Front Office Staff. Cultivated a close working relationship with other Municipalities, Governmental Agencies and Local Entities to achieve successful community and relationship growth. Served as the main point of contact for all City Departments, served as Human Resource Manager. Responded to all inquiries from the public in a prompt and professional manner. Started as a Grants Coordinator, was promoted to Procurement Officer, later to Deputy City Clerk, then to City Clerk in 2013.
- City Clerk at City of Anthony
- Program Coordinator at Associated General Contractors of America
- Assistant to Mayor at Joe Wardy Campaign Office
- Property Accountant at Homestead Studio Suites
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Education
Marketing and Communication/Planning and Zoning Specialist, City of Bloomfield. I was originally hired to do marketing and communication for the City of Bloomfield. When Bloomfield's City Clerk resigned, as the Deputy City Clerk, I was promoted to that position, as well as handling the marketing and communications work. When the Planning and Zoning Director retired, I took some of those responsibilities on as well. When the co-worker who shared the planning and zoning position with me resigned, I was asked to take on her responsibilities as welll
- City Clerk at City of Bloomfield
- Marketing Specialist at Bank of the Southwest
- Marketing/Public Relations Specialist at San Juan College
- President/CEO at Farmington Chamber of Commerce
3 years, 7 months at this Job
City Clerk, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Extensive bookkeeping, Balancing General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, oversee budget and spending, Office Supervisor, financial statements and planning, State and Federal Audit preparation, Payroll, State/Federal Taxes, W-2's, Health Insurance and Retirement Planning
- City Clerk at City of Thayer
- Accountant - Accounts Payable & Receivable at Wood Fiber Transport/Reliable Mat LLC
- Customer Service Manager at Walmart
- Tax Resolution Specialist at Tax Resolution Services, Inc
6 months at this Job
- - Agriculture/Business/Accounting
- - Certified Medical Assistant Program
* While working as City Clerk, I am responsible for all aspect of running the City, while reporting to the Mayor and City Council. I administrate a $2,800,000.00 budget. I am responsible for accounts receivable as well as accounts payable. I handle all human resource issues, including payroll, new hires, tracking of holidays, vacation and sick time as well and retirement reporting and health and welfare benefits for all city employees. I oversee an office staff of 5 as well as advise other supervisors on issues that may arise. I also advise book keeping for the Kingwood Parks and Recreation Department. I administer elections and work closely with all groups working for the betterment of the City of Kingwood. * While City Clerk, I have worked hard to maintain a balanced budget, have written and administered several grants for the City. I have strived to make City Hall open to all citizens and address their concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner. I work closely with City Council and implement any changes that are requested.
- City Clerk at City of Kingwood
- Sewer Clerk at City of Kingwood
- Bookkeeper at Kingwood Parks and Recreation
- at Receiver, Tractor Supply Company
4 years at this Job
I have recently completed my Certification of becoming a Certified Deputy City Clerk.
- Deputy City Clerk at City of Stockbridge, GA
- Administrative Assistant at City of East Point
- Inventory Specialist at Assertive Industries Inc
- Sales Lead Manager at Bath and Body Works
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Administrative Management
Part time City Clerk for Rockville. Prepare the monthly water bills, receive and apply customer payments to their bills. Attend monthly Board of Aldermen meetings and prepare minutes from the meetings. Prepare monthly Board meeting agendas. Various clerical duties as needed for the City.
- City Clerk at City of Rockville
- Part Time Lead Sales Associate at Dollar General
- Community Services, Emergency Services Coordinator Assistant at West Central Missouri Community Action Agency
- Administrative Support Assistant at Village of Mount Pleasant
9 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
• Serve as Acting City Clerk and sign documents on behalf of City Clerk
• Prepare agendas for City Council meetings
• Publish and execute documents related to liquor permit applications to the City
• Post to website and social media
• Manage lobbyist registration and legislation tracking system
• Update code changes and maintain communication with codifier
• Act as liaison between Recreation & Parks Department and Council offices
- Deputy City Clerk at Columbus City Council
- Legislative Assistant at Columbus City Council
- Business Program Administrator at Ohio Department of Development
- Intern at Ohio Department of Development
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- BSBA - Marketing & International Business
As the appointed City Clerk for Hillsdale, I administer all municipal elections including daily Qualified Voter File (QVF) maintenance, equipment testing, poll worker recruitment and training, and post-Election Day canvassing. I am also the records manager for the city, and maintain all of the City Council documents, contracts, agreements, historical records, and the like. I am also responsible for the creation and dissemination of the City Council's agenda and meeting packet, as well as the meeting packets for the Hillsdale Board of Public Utilities (BPU). I also am tasked with creating the daily bank deposit and am the first-line greeter for visitors when they call or visit City Hall. Finally, I am active in our state and national clerk's organizations and provide training to other clerks on topics such as elections and records management.
- City Clerk at City of Hillsdale, MI
- at Stephen R. French Greenhouses
- Clerk of Council at City of Moraine, OH
- Member at Dayton Chapter of ARMA
3 years at this Job
- Master's Degree
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration