Fostered a climate of collaboration between the general public, the city manager and members of city council through carrying our policies and procedures. Managed up to fifty-two (52) full and part-time employees. Adhered to applicable local, state and federal regulations governing land use and growth. Pursued learning opportunities and maintained a current understanding of trends and technological advances in municipal management. Worked alongside stakeholders to evaluate projects and determine
- CITY MANAGER at City's of Wadley, Stone Mountain, Hapeville, Loganville and Camilla, Georgia
34 years, 6 months at this Job
- MPA - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor of Science - Management
- Associate of Arts - Management
- High School Diploma
LoftSmart is an online marketplace for students to find and lease off-campus housing. As City Manager, Calvin is the "CEO" of th handling all aspects of the OTG operations including: Sales Management, Leasing, Marketing, Branding, Promotions, and Market Research
- City Manager at
- Associate - Commercial real estate portfolio asset manager at
- Director of Real Estate Director at Bluestone Partners, LLC
- Analyst at ThoreenHale Commercial Real Estate Advisors
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Real Estate - Real Estate
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Marketing
• Assisted in pre-budgetary analysis
• Assisted in the content design for “Citizens Academy”
• Assisted in the Performance Appraisal Report
• Assisted the City Manager on the researches assigned
• Prepared an analysis on “Merit Pay for the City of Carbondale”
• Attended the weekly staff meetings
- City Manager's Intern at City of Carbondale
- Graduate Assistant at Southern Illinois University
- Field Interviewer at International Trade Centre
- Intern at Kumari Bank Limited
at this Job
- Master's - Public Administration
- Bachelors - Business Administration
• Provide administrative support to the City Manager and serve as the public information officer for the City of Clinton
• Coordinate special events for the office of the City Manager including events to promote city services
• Maintain the schedule for the City Manager
• Communicate and coordinate with internal personnel to ensure citizen concerns are addressed and corrected
• Communicate with personnel and customers to ensure awareness of city information and events
• Manage the city's website, social media outlets, and public communications
• Research and coordinate grant opportunities to support City of Clinton projects and goals
• Submit grant applications and oversee the implementation to ensure compliance and proper reimbursements of grants received
• Work closely with all departments and divisions to coordinate employee recognition programs, employee health fair, annual employee safety luncheon and recognition program, and assist with the on-boarding of new employees
- Executive Coordinator, City Manager at City of Clinton
- Co-Owner at Carolina Stitches, Inc
- Special Projects and Communications Coordinator at City of Clinton
- Staff Assistant at City of Clinton Department of Public Works and Utilities
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science and Sociology
• Assist the City Manager in coordinating, and implementing the City's goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Research and analyze various projects assigned by the City Manager; including changing the Direct Marketing Organization from the Chamber of Commerce model to a Convention and Visitor Bureau.
• Serve as the Human Resources Director for 432 employees; oversee recruitment, retention and employee engagement; ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry.
• Served as interim public works director during an employee shortage crisis and kept operations running while educating employees on the budget, city policies and state laws.
• Assist the City Manager in preparation of $150M Annual Budget; attend departmental budget meetings; advise department heads on staffing requests.
• Advise Directors in preparation of programs, projects and employee relations in their departments.
• Lead the City's Wellness Program; Humana's Go365, a personalized wellness and rewards program that helps employees make healthier decisions and guides them on their well-being journey; rolled out this initiative, trained all employees and achieved 71% engagement.
• Serve on the LaGrange-Troup County Tourism Advisory Committee which advises the staff of the Chamber of Commerce on how to spend hotel/motel tax revenue collected in Troup County.
• Served as City Clerk; prepared minutes; executed documents as authorized by Mayor and Council.
- Assistant City Manager at City of LaGrange, GA
- ICMA Senior Executive Institute, University of Virginia at Leadership ICMA
- Assistant to the City Manager/Communications Manager at City of Chamblee, GA
- Management Fellow at ICMA
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- MPA - Management and Finance
8425 Airport Rd, Berkeley MO 63134 Telephone: 314-524-3313 Duties: As the City Manager I am the Chief Administrative Officer of the City responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all affairs, ensuring that the laws and ordinances of the City are enforced and that all franchises granted by and all contracts with the City are faithfully kept and performed. Appoint and, when necessary for the good of the service, remove any officer or employee of the City. I attend all meetings of the Council and, insofar as possible, its committees. I make recommendation to the Council for its consideration such measures pertaining to the affairs of the City. I provide a weekly report to the Council having them fully advised of the financial condition and future financial needs of the City. I work with the Finance Director to prepare and submit to the Council the annual budget. Supervisor seven department heads, police chief, fire chief, finance director, assistance city manager, public works director, parks director and economic development coordinator. From 2008--2017 served as the Building Commission and Public Works Director, supervising assigned staff. Recommends changes to the Building and Trade Codes o Commercial, Residential, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Energy and Existing Buildings. Interprets building codes and ordinances Reviews and approve construction documents, right of ways, and blueprints. Works as Planning & Zoning Director.
- City Manager at City of Berkeley, 8425 Airport Road Berkeley MO 63134
- Director of Housing & Commerical Development (Building Inspector) at City of Black Jack
- Government Service Representative at St Charles County Government
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts (cum laude) - Public Administration
- Associate of Science - Human Services
- Certificates in Code Enforcement Management - Government
City Manager Helped with the opening of the Las Vegas/Ontario/ Salt Lake City/ Fort Lauderdale locations and relocated for a promotion to Tampa Increased the sales goals in various cities versus prior years Cultivate the highest level of customer service to ensure satisfaction and entice repeat business Payroll processing using ADP Aggressively monitor competition rates to lower our inactive percentages sitting at the location Keep maintenance/claims below 1.5% and make sure we get a quick turnaround to make sure vehicles are back on the road Solve any customer service issues and made sure customers leave happy. Make sure employees follow company rental and return procedures to ensure we provided a smooth rental transaction Training; coaching employees; hiring; motivate; conduct meetings with employees and Supervisors Handled different aspects of human resources aspects; such as employee issues; interviews; hiring; training; new hire paperwork and making sure we are in compliance.
- City Manager at Fox Rent-a-Car
- Project Manager at Central Parking System
- Station Manager at Fox Rent
- General Manager at Good Nite Inn
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- AA - Business Aministration
- Diploma - General Education
I led a City government in a diverse, South Florida community of 67,000 residents with a $293 million annual budget ($133 million General Fund) and approximately 870 full-time equivalent positions. During my tenure as a change agent for excellence, I reversed high-turnover and low morale through the development of a shared leadership model and created organizational stability in a historically unstable, Manager-Commission local government that has been operating like a strong mayor form of government for many years. City policymakers and several department heads were not ready for the changes required of organizational excellence, yet I achieved many substantial accomplishments:
• Development of a Strategic Business Plan - Our team worked with the City Commission on updating the City's vision, mission, goals, objectives, direction and strategies while setting clear expectations through creation of a Strategic Business Plan. Refinement of goals, objectives and priorities was underway in an organization that had no prior goals, direction or performance expectations and did not undertake annual goal-setting, which was reinstituted.
• Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) System and I.T. Recovery - Developed a Strategic Technology Plan strategy and strategic course correction to correct a failed ERP migration strategy and multiple I.T. network and systems deficiencies while developing the strategic path forward toward completion of the full transition of our financial and business software systems to one, best-of-breed local government platform
• Customer Response Management (CRM) Services - Identified and reimplemented the City's dormant WebQA customer support system after approximately two years of neglect and unanswered customer requests. This reestablished trust with residents, streamlined request types based on usage data, and established new service level agreements with Directors and staff, including training on the process and expectations of responding to customers
• Employer of Choice and Developing the Talent Pipeline - Worked with Human Resources on Next Generation Initiatives by formalizing the City's internship program, increased participation among all departments (tripling the numbers of interns from the previous year) and created a talent acquisition and development pipeline by: ◦ Establishing the first ever Student Government Day to expose high school students to career pathways in local government, ◦ Aligning these efforts with the City's Shadow Day program for college students while simultaneously expanding on our use of summer internship, and ◦ Implementing the first-ever, Local Government Management Fellowship program for MPA/MPP graduates through the International City/County Managers' Association (ICMA) and hired our first Management Fellow/Analyst.
• Creation of The Ultimate Team of Teams - While refining our core values and updating our vision and mission statements, we implemented a team leadership approach that encourages high-performance through collaboration at all levels both inside and outside the organization. We broke down silos and began the cultural transformation to one of organizational excellence through teamwork and communication involving a Leadership Summit with all directors, managers and key supervisors (150 of 870 employees). Leadership coaching and training continued regularly via e-mail correspondence and coaching. ◦ Leadership Expectations and Systemic Improvements - An assessment of the organizational structure, staff capabilities, filling of key executive positions, initial best practices review, and a High-Performance Organization (HPO) assessment were conducted. Many organizational and operational opportunities were identified and we began undertaking improvement efforts at all levels and in many departments. We created an organizational team and problem-solving structure that encouraged transparency, teamwork, collaboration and accountability. These changes helped make us capable of producing results related to the Commission's and community's vision. ◦ Comprehensive Special Events Policy - We improved our inter-departmental review, permitting, cost estimating and revenue recovery by simplifying and standardizing our Special Events Policy procedures to set both external and internal operational and financial responsibilities for numerous small, medium and large community events occurring throughout the year in a number of venues, including City-sponsored and non-City sponsored events, throughout the City streets, beach, parks and at the famous Old School Square downtown green.
• Legacy of Excellence in Equity - Promoted the first Police Chief of African American descent and first, female Assistant City Manager of African American descent in the City's history
• Revenues - Injected leadership during a difficult policy discourse by developing enhanced options for the implementation of Phase 2 of a Downtown Parking Management Plan by working collaboratively with local partners such as the Downtown Development Authority, Chamber of Commerce, Parking Management Advisory Board and City Commission. This included parking zones, rate options, and quality assurance, along with marketing implementation of a Parkmobile app in conjunction with our Public Works Parking Team and community stakeholders. This resulted in approximately $1 million in additional recurring annual revenues to the General Fund and a unique downtown and resident parking permit program that achieved the desired win-win-win. We also studied the opportunity for a non-ad valorem fire assessment for additional fire personnel.
• Efficiency - Implemented paperless agendas by leveraging the iLegislate app for agenda review, saving money in printing costs and staff time while making public documents more accessible through an automated Public Records Request system while making public meeting documents and videos ADA compliant
- City Manager at
- Provide executive leadership assistance to the City Manager and City Council at General Fund, and 3
- Assistant City Manager at
- County Administrator at County of Page
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - (MPA), City Management
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Criminal Justice
* Additionally, served as City Manager for Dulles, VA, Jacksonville, FL, Charlotte, NC, and Raleigh-Durham, NC, Fort Lauderdale, FL. * Charged with maximizing sales revenue, consistently attaining operational goals and financial objectives, and with building strong vendor relationships to adequately support the company's financial budget. * Coordinate the recruitment, hiring, and retention of all personnel; manage 65+ employees including Location & Fleet Managers; and ensure that team members including the sales team achieves all assigned revenue goals. * Facilitate training using sales role plays, by coaching reps, and through conducting training scenarios. * Execute forecasted sales plans and identify incremental opportunities to effectively drive sales performance; find and analyze revenue generating opportunities for products/services that support business goals. * Maintain strict control of fleet utilization to ensure all claims and maintenance vehicles went out as rentals. * Partner with the Inside Sales team and Return Agents to assure high client satisfaction levels. * Write and execute new processes to foster more efficient operating procedures/structures. Selected Contributions * Motivated the sales force by developing projects, contests, and sales incentive schemes. * Evaluated vendor contracts to generate additional revenue and to secure company assets. * Wrote new processes to ensure effective fleet rotation. * Prepped and sent turn-backs and whole units to auctions to help ensure that inventory was disposed of at peak value; maintained excellent relationships with auction reps and vehicle manufacturers. * Joined the company in 2013 as a Location Manager and was then promoted to City Manager for the Jacksonville Airport, FL location; promoted again to the Charlotte Airport as a City/Operations Manager and to oversee the Raleigh-Durham Airport as well as higher EBITDA; promoted a third time to Fort Lauderdale, FL the 3rd highest EBITDA in the company with more than 48 locations. Successfully developed Location Managers and Sale/Operations teams in each city.
- City Manager at AEZ RENT A CAR
- Inside Sales Executive at VERIZON
- Operations Manager at DTAG AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting and Business Management
Responsible for the day to day management of the operations of the City of Spencer
● Coordinate and work with Department Heads on a daily basis
● Manage all full time, part time and seasonal staff
● Responsible for creation and implementation of economic development strategic plan
● Responsible for creation and management of retail strategy
● Responsible for creation of annual municipal budget
● Coordinate public services and opportunities provided to citizens
- City Manager at City of Spencer
- City Manager at City of Canton
- City Administrator at City of Worthing
- Consultant at River Bluffs Strategies
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Executive Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science degree - History