Served as the primary City Planner for approximately 40,000 residents and all businesses in Pleasant Grove City.
• Aided potential buyers in due diligence and land acquisition by skillfully communicating complex city codes in clear, concise language
• Effectively managed and prioritized multiple commercial and residential developments through the land entitlement process, from beginning to end
• Maintained positive and productive working relationships with coworkers, developers, buyers, committees and professional peers
• Carefully analyzed construction documents, site plans, subdivision plats and government regulations. Reduced relevant findings into staff reports and presented findings at planning commission meetings
- CITY PLANNER at Pleasant Grove City
- CITY PLANNER & STORMWATER SPECIALIST at Salt Lake County
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Urban Ecology
Manage Planning Division within Community Development Department. The division has an annual budget of $1.5 million. Supervise 4 full-time planners, 1 secretary, and 2 part-time interns. Responsibilities include distributing workload to the planners, monitoring changes to State law to ensure City remains in compliance, reviewing staff reports, prepare annual budget, ensuring Planning Commission agenda and packet are prepared, working with developers and property owners to ensure projects meet the quality standards expected by the City, ensure planners are coordinating their projects among the various departments, responding to customer and community complaints, and conducting performance evaluations.
- City Planner at CITY OF DOWNEY
- Principal Planner at Planning Commission and City Council
- Building and Safety Supervisor at
- Senior Planner at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Environmental Compliance
- Bachelor of Arts - Environmental
Interpret and apply knowledge of municipal, state and federal laws and policies, reviewing and examining complex proposals for compliance with applicable standards. Provide information to the public, department associates, City agencies, and other local jurisdictions and/or state agencies. Analyze, and prepare written decisions. Facilitate team meetings. Utilize various computer and software programs.
- City Planner at City of Seattle (Washington)
- Associate Professor at Hanyang University, School of Business
- Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) at Everett Community College
- Temporary Legal Person at US Naval Legal Service Office - Yokosuka
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Geography
• Conduct meetings with community members organizing events and programs throughout the City including farmers markets, 5k runs, festivals, and other special events
• Advertise and marketing of events, and act as a liaison between the stakeholders and the City
• Design of high-end marketing brochures for City programs as well as sketches and renderings informing stakeholders of a variety of project concepts
• Development review of applications relating to Site Plan Review, Rezoning, Conditional Uses, Plats, Variances, as well as other planning and development considerations
• Conduct field work and site visits, as well as development inspections
• Update PUD amendments, and Comprehensive Plan amendments
• Write and present staff reports with development recommendations to the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council
• Evaluate and issue Temporary Use Permits, and building permits for Primary, Secondary, and Accessory Structures
• Research grant opportunities and attend regional planning meetings
• Write and review RFP's for City programs
• Prepare GIS maps and provide parcel data
• Facilitate Planning and Zoning meetings focused on identifying progressive City projects regarding economic and community development while acting as a conduit between the Planning Zoning Commission
- City Planner at City of Federal Heights
- FEMA, Long Term Community Recovery, Urban Planner, Wyoming at City Council
- Urban Planner at Stanhope Consulting
- Planner at Greater Southwest Development Corporation
6 months at this Job
- Master's in Urban Planning - Physical Planning & Design
- Bachelor's of Science in Urban Planning and Environmental Planning - Urban Planning and Environmental Planning
Make long and short term plans/goals to use the city's land, resources, population, and recommend placement of various infrastructures.
● Create agendas and hold meetings with government officials, land developers, general public.
● Interpret questions and complaints concerning the City's planning and zoning codes, subdivisions, ordinances, and conditional uses.
● Negotiate contracts, site construction drawings, plats, rezoning, with documents submitted on comprehensive plans to ensure compliance with city's ordinances and regulations.
● Use professional studies, presentations, and recommendations using computer aided drafting and design software for illustrations.
● Create agendas for the planning and zoning commissioners, board of adjustment, and technical review committee.
● Study city's population and current use of land through surveys, field investigations, and other research methods.
● Assist City code enforcement department with compliance issues promoting safety, integrity, and consistency.
● Resigned due a unprofessional and toxic environment.
- City Planner at City of Benton
- Watershed Inspector at Pulaski County Arkansas
- Designer II / Planner II at Washington Group International
- Owner / Subcontractor at Underwood Design & Inspections
4 months at this Job
- - Management
- Associate - Engineering, Surveying, Computers
• Develops short and long-range ordinance amendments, preliminary development plan review and project implementation; coordinate the comprehensive land use plan
• Write grants for target areas that align with departmental goals and key strategies
• Prepare ordinances related to zoning and land use issues; assists Community Development Director in interpreting/applying zoning ordinances.
• Assists with preparing and presenting Department recommendations to Planning Commission
• Review preliminary plats, construction plans and survey plat to ensure conformance to policies and codes
• Acts as liaison and facilitates consensus-building discussions and processes; leads pre-application and post-submission meetings
• Assists with processing building permits during periods of high activity
• Act as the liaison between the developer and Code Enforcement to administer and issue Land Disturbance Permits
- City Planner at City of Union City
- Finance Clerk II at Georgia Department of Education
- Customer Support Assistant II at Flight Safety International
- Financial Crimes Specialist II at Wells Fargo & Company
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Urban and Regional Planning
Worked closely with community, state and local officials, land owners, developers, realtors and neighborhood
representatives on current and planned development plans in Baltimore City.
● Served as project manager for transportation planning and engineering studies such as the Boston Street Multimodal Corridor Study, St. Paul and Calvert Two Way Conversion Study, and the Hanover Street Study.
● Managed complex planning projects, including analyzing and evaluating site plans, performing technical review for project plans and applications and making appropriate recommendations.
● Coordinated the implementation of Baltimore City Department of Transportation policies, guidelines, and best practices.
● Led work groups to determine goals and objectives of various Department programs, and engaged them in discussing various multimodal transportation related issues.
● Developed, evaluated, and assisted with overseeing the development of transportation planning at the local level.
● Managed Federal, State, and Local grants such as UPWP and the TIGER grant.
● Developed transportation planning processes at the local level that has over 25 community participants.
● Prepared work plans, manages a team, and coordinated with state and local agencies on projects relating to furthering the Transportation Department's mission and improving transportation planning processes.
● Educated communities on multimodal transportation opportunities, practices, and customized designs to improve multimodal transportation in their community and contribute to enhanced quality of life.
● Utilized written, oral, and graphic communications to increase awareness for multimodal transportation needs in targeted communities.
● Developed and monitored work programs and progress reports reported to the Board of Estimates for over 100 projects.
● Managed The Department of Transportation Toward Zero Baltimore initiative.
● Managed Right of Way programs for the Department.
● Represented the Department of Transportation on task forces, committees, and various external activities.
● Managed the development of long term, intermediate, and short term Community Plans.
● Managed a team of consultants as the Traffic Impact Study Coordinator.
● Recommended action items for various Transportation Projects to Senior Staff of Administration.
● Resolved planning problems on a daily basis with a 100% customer appreciation rating.
● Provided facility planning advice and review on specific problems, projects, programs, and functions.
● Attends daytime and evening community meeting and events to gather and convey information and represent the interests of the agency.
- City Planner II at Baltimore City Department of Transportation Planning Division
- Transportation Planner at Crossroads Transportation
- Program Administrator at Mayor's Office
- Project Manager at Morgan State University
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of City and Regional Planning in City and Regional Planning - City and Regional Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Studies in Environmental Science and Studies - Environmental Science and Studies
- City Planner at City of New Haven
26 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political science/Urban Planning
¨ Serves as the liaison to the Census Bureau for verifying 14,000+ city addresses. ¨ Takes phone calls from citizens with city zoning questions, concerns and complaints. ¨ Provides Planning Department zoning certifications and Open Records Request to the public. ¨ Ensures the timely processing of business licenses, building permits, sign permits ¨ Developed and proposed City Solar Ordinance. ¨ Serves as Project Manager for the Community Development Project Grant, worth $500,000.
- City Planner at City Of Statesboro
- Interim Director of Military Affairs at Georgia Southern University
- Military Advocate Coordinator at
- Sergeant, Logistical Supply Administrator at United States Army
11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- Assistant City Planner at City of Poway
- Associate City Planner at City of Poway
13 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - City Planming
- Bachelor's - Economics