• Coordinated over 8 City departments, 3 public utilities, and outside agencies to guide approved development plans through the review and permitting process.
• Reviewed 30 site plans, preliminary plats, and final plats monthly to provide and assemble staff comments from various departments to advise the Planning Commission.
• Processed 40 new home permits for compliance to the City's zoning ordinance and adherence to approved planned developments monthly.
• Provided excellent customer service when conducting preapplication meetings to advise developers on a course of action for their proposed developments and suggest target locations of the city where their proposed development is appropriate.
• Prepare staff reports and presentations for the Historic Zoning Board, Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission, and City Council.
• Transformed several planning processes from a paper based system to a digital system to manage an increased volume of application submittals during an exponential growth of Murfreesboro.
- City Planner at City of Murfreesboro
- Planning Intern at Planning and Zoning Department
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate in Construction Management
- Masters of Science in Urban and Regional Planning - Land Use and Environmental Planning
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Marketing
• Led and managed the production of the five-year report for various Industrial, commercial and residential TIF districts in Chicago, containing TIF performance metrics and district-wide goals.
• Led and facilitated DPD’s 6-10 member TIF steering committee through a SWOT analysis and goal setting sessions with members from various divisions within the Department, including members from the industrial section.
• Selected and managed outside economic development planning consultants in the production of department’s state required TIF reports.
• Coordinated and presented capital projects, on the behalf of CDOT, CTA and other city agencies, for approval of TIF funds and other projects as assigned.
- City Planner at City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development
- City Planner at New York City Department of City Planning
- Research Analyst at National Training and Information Center
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Science - Metropolitan Studies
- Associates - Visual Communication
Provide customer service to developer representatives or property owners for proposed projects on development requirements for various city departments. Review and process all site plan, annexation, subdivision plat and rezoning applications consistent with regulations. Researches new developments and trends and reports findings to the appropriate committee, Mayor, and Board of Alderman through study sessions and changes to the zoning ordinances and subdivision regulations. Prepares and coordinates with consultants' major studies for the City including the Comprehensive Plan, and other special studies. Administers subdivision regulations and zoning ordinances, and design standards. Meets with developers, builders, and property owners to discuss proposed projects. Serves as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator. Provide Staff to Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Design Review, and other committees and boards as necessary. Prepare agendas, staff reports, and other materials for applicable City committees and boards including City Council. Plans general operations, develop and administer budget, and develop and enforce departmental policy for Planning Department. Supervise and provide staffing recommendation as necessary.
- City Planner at City of Portland
- Principal Planner/Planner I at City of Lebanon
- Planner/Project Manager at Slaughter & Associates, PLLC
- Graduate Assistant at The University of Memphis
5 months at this Job
- Master of City and Regional Planning - Capstone Project
- BA - Geographic Techniques
Reviews plans for commercial, residential, industrial, and recreational development projects, ensuring adherence to city, state, and federal guidelines. Represents the City Planning Department in meetings with other departments, with members of boards, and with private entities to provide counsel on planning issues. Reviews applications for subdivision plats and rezoning, maintains divisional documents, zoning and subdivision code files and responds to related questions from developers, lending institutions, and the public. Reviews plans for construction of commercial, industrial, and multi-family buildings, ensuring that the proposed structures comply with zoning and other planning codes. Receives zoning requests, inspects properties, and reports to the Zoning Board as to the validity of the requests. Reviews applications for leases for code compliance, safety, and aesthetics. Supervises the work of a number of subordinate mapping technicians, establishing procedures, conducting their training, as well as that of other departmental staff, in the use of mapping software, and planning, scheduling, assigning, and evaluating their work. Knowledge of the principles of zoning and the methods used to administer and enforce related ordinances. Knowledge of the principles, practices, regulations, features, and limitations in of planning of community development programs. Knowledge of research, survey, and analysis techniques as related to community development projects. Knowledge of the legislation underlying master plans, zoning, and subdivision ordinances. Knowledge of the principles of research, analysis, and the methods of preparing and presenting technical data. Knowledge of federal and local guidelines regarding community and economic development. Knowledge of the purposes of legislation underlying the contents of master plans, and zoning and subdivision ordinances.
- City Planner at City of Omaha
- County Attorney at Sarpy County
- Manage and coordinate direction to law clerk staff at City of La Vista - Planning & Research
- Planning Assistant/Administrative Clerk III at Sarpy County - Planning & Research
4 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - Human Capital Management
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelors of Science in Legal Studies - Legal Studies
Serves as the Historic Preservation Commission Administrator.
● Administers the city's Land Use Ordinance, Historic Preservation District Guidelines, and Prevention of Demolition by Neglect Ordinance.
● Prepares staff recommendations and reports to the Historic Preservation Commission, Planning & Zoning Board and the Board of Aldermen.
● Serves as Coordinator for the Community Rating System Program, and aids in administering the Floodplain Ordinance and interpreting NFIP Floodplain regulations.
- City Planner at City of New Bern
- Community Development Administrator at City of Elizabeth City
- Wait Staff at 309 Bistro & Spirits
- Planning Director at County of Gates
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Urban & Regional Planning - Coastal
Assist in reviewing and enforcing the city's code of ordinances, permitting and platting procedures, assist with projects the department is responsible for maintaining such as updates to the Comprehensive Plan for the city.
- CITY PLANNER at CITY OF TYLER
- NETWORK COORDINATOR at EAST TEXAS HUMAN NEEDS NETWORK
- VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT at CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER
- EXECUTIVE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR at CITY OF TYLER
5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Mass Communications
• Develops short and long-range ordinance amendments, preliminary development plan review and project implementation; coordinate the comprehensive land use plan
• Write grants for target areas that align with departmental goals and key strategies
• Prepare ordinances related to zoning and land use issues; assists Community Development Director in interpreting/applying zoning ordinances.
• Assists with preparing and presenting Department recommendations to Planning Commission
• Review preliminary plats, construction plans and survey plat to ensure conformance to policies and codes
• Acts as liaison and facilitates consensus-building discussions and processes; leads pre-application and post-submission meetings
• Assists with processing building permits during periods of high activity
• Act as the liaison between the developer and Code Enforcement to administer and issue Land Disturbance Permits
- City Planner at City of Union City
- Finance Clerk II at Georgia Department of Education
- Customer Support Assistant II at Flight Safety International
- Financial Crimes Specialist II at Wells Fargo & Company
11 months at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Urban and Regional Planning
Gathered, interpreted, prepared data for land use studies and reports
• Created thematic maps for the department and general public
• Provided customer service to the general public
• Member of the hazard mitigation committee
• Interpreted zoning ordinance/development regulations for compliance
• Represented City during coastal-wide conferences'
- City Planner at Community Development Department
- County Planner at Newton County
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Education Certification
- Master of Science - Geography
• Ensure all proposed plans meet federal, state, and local environmental regulations, zoning and building codes, and any other pertinent requirements.
• Land Use Review
• GIS Mapping Prepare base maps, neighborhood context and land use maps Analyze zoning regulations and produce massing models to assist in site selection for the development of City-owned properties. Assist in preparation of Proposals to develop City-owned properties. 2) Research and Analysis
• Assist with studies of City-owned development sites or neighborhoods, which may involve site visits, land use analysis, zoning analysis, extensive demographic analysis, and real estate research.
- Intern City Planner at City of Jersey City Division of City Planning
- Mental Health Worker at Jersey City Medical Center
- Intern at Department of Sustainability at CITY OF JERSEY CITY
- Event Coordinator at American Civic Association
1 month at this Job
- B.S - Human Development
- Associates - Communication
Worked closely with community, state and local officials, land owners, developers, realtors and neighborhood
representatives on current and planned development plans in Baltimore City.
● Served as project manager for transportation planning and engineering studies such as the Boston Street Multimodal Corridor Study, St. Paul and Calvert Two Way Conversion Study, and the Hanover Street Study.
● Managed complex planning projects, including analyzing and evaluating site plans, performing technical review for project plans and applications and making appropriate recommendations.
● Coordinated the implementation of Baltimore City Department of Transportation policies, guidelines, and best practices.
● Led work groups to determine goals and objectives of various Department programs, and engaged them in discussing various multimodal transportation related issues.
● Developed, evaluated, and assisted with overseeing the development of transportation planning at the local level.
● Managed Federal, State, and Local grants such as UPWP and the TIGER grant.
● Developed transportation planning processes at the local level that has over 25 community participants.
● Prepared work plans, manages a team, and coordinated with state and local agencies on projects relating to furthering the Transportation Department's mission and improving transportation planning processes.
● Educated communities on multimodal transportation opportunities, practices, and customized designs to improve multimodal transportation in their community and contribute to enhanced quality of life.
● Utilized written, oral, and graphic communications to increase awareness for multimodal transportation needs in targeted communities.
● Developed and monitored work programs and progress reports reported to the Board of Estimates for over 100 projects.
● Managed The Department of Transportation Toward Zero Baltimore initiative.
● Managed Right of Way programs for the Department.
● Represented the Department of Transportation on task forces, committees, and various external activities.
● Managed the development of long term, intermediate, and short term Community Plans.
● Managed a team of consultants as the Traffic Impact Study Coordinator.
● Recommended action items for various Transportation Projects to Senior Staff of Administration.
● Resolved planning problems on a daily basis with a 100% customer appreciation rating.
● Provided facility planning advice and review on specific problems, projects, programs, and functions.
● Attends daytime and evening community meeting and events to gather and convey information and represent the interests of the agency.
- City Planner II at Baltimore City Department of Transportation Planning Division
- Transportation Planner at Crossroads Transportation
- Program Administrator at Mayor's Office
- Project Manager at Morgan State University
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of City and Regional Planning in City and Regional Planning - City and Regional Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Studies in Environmental Science and Studies - Environmental Science and Studies