• Acted as staff liaison and prepared communication reports and development proposals to the City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment.
• Provided advice and pertinent data to City Staff, the public and developers regarding land use issues, codes, regulations and requirements.
• Assisted with the coordination and evaluation of the Urban Planning function related to Comprehensive and Current Planning.
• Gathered, interpreted and prepared data for studies, reports, and recommendations.
• Recommended changes and processed text amendments to City codes, regulations and policies.
• Processed zone changes, variance and subdivision plat applications, including, but not limited to public notices and agendas, scheduling planning and zoning applications and property owner research.
• Conducted fieldwork, including photograph documentation and on-site interviews.
• Reviewed site plans, variance, zone changes, staff reports, and similar planning applications including facilitating and presenting findings and recommendations to various Boards and Commissions in public meetings.
• Assisted, informed, guided and resolved complex and sensitive customer service issues for the public and citizen groups as Planner of the Day (POD).
• Reviewed residential and nonresidential construction plans and proposals for compliance with the City's Community Appearance Manual.
- City Planner at City of Mesquite
- City Planning Intern at City of Allen
- Documentation Specialist at Ecom USA
11 months at this Job
- BBS - Business Administration
- Master of City and Regional Planning - City and Regional Planning
Responsible for all aspects of community planning including Comp Plan, code updates, zoning, site plan review, historic preservation, and demographics. Lead on community development projects and city capital improvement projects. Primary staff person for public outreach and community visioning.
- City Planner at City of Northfield
- City Planner at City of Saint Paul
- Independent Consultant at Faith Lutheran Church
- Senior Long Range Planner at Adams County Planning and Development
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - International Management
Planning Department - Evans, CO Maximized land use planning capabilities and directed decision-making to meet regulatory compliance and protect economic, environmental, and social best interests of the City.
- CITY PLANNER at City of Evans
- MILITARY SUBJECT MATTER SPECIALIST at Army National Training Center
- MILITARY MASTER PLANNER at AMEC, Inc
- PLANNER II at Larimer County Planning Department
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Journalism
- Master of Landscape Architecture - Landscape Architecture
- - Project Management
• Complete Federally mandated Environmental Reviews for projects receiving funding from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
• Monitoring public service sub-recipients of CDBG funding
• Member of the City’s Rate and Rank Committee re: CDBG/HOME annual funding proposals
• Lead on the City’s proposal to implement a Federally-funded Lead Hazard Reduction Program
• Served as City representative on the Executive Board of the Ozark Alliance to End Homelessness
- Associate City Planner at City of Springfield, MO
- Paralegal at City of Springfield, MO
- Project Manager at O'Reilly Automotive Stores, Inc
- District Office Representative at Parmele Law Firm
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Administration
• ·Implemented the use of GIS from an AutoCAD system through a Free and Open Source System that publishes the city’s geospatial data online
• Designed and maintained the geodatabases that store the City's geographic data, including address, plat, and zoning information
• Kept the geographic data in these databases up-to-date and verifying the accuracy of existing data
• Utilized databases to create maps, both digital and printed, needed for the regular function of all City departments and desired by the public for convenience use
• Used the Coordinate Geometry tool (COGO) in ArcMap to draw in platted lots for the city
• Managed the city's interactive website which is a manually-coded HTML document stored on the server which in turn refers to many other files within different directories, after rendering in a web browser, result in the complete web page. The website also includes static wall maps that were made available for printing.
• Learned to code layers the city's interactive GIS website with Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD) through Geoserver utilizing Web Coverage Services (that publish raster data) and Web Map Services (publishes vector data).
• Collected data in the field such as property pin corners, surveyor markers, and hydrants using GNSS
• Created plat, zoning, and annexation proposals using QGIS templates I created
• Utilized PostGrsSQL
• Used python scripts to obtain lists of data from the City's database which I maintain and run
• Completed the 2020 census for the city using Geographic Partnership Update Software (GUPS)
• Worked on various mapping projects with city engineers and city municipalities
• Georeferenced water wells for the water treatment plant manager
• Worked with the county GIS in attributing Site Structuring Address Points(SSAP)
- GIS Technician/City Planner at City of Aberdeen
- GIS analyst- Part Time at Vertical Geographic Solutions, Inc
- Land Surveyor at Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Leadership Intern at Camp Invention
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Geography, 3.87 GPA
- Bachelors of Science, 4.0 - Geographic Information Systems
• Provided administrative support to the City Planner and his office.
•Crafted agendas and minutes for city board meetings.
•Prepared planning and building permits and certificates for the City of Gatlinburg.
•Operated a multi-line phone system and various office machinery.
- Executive Assistant to the City Planner at City of Gatlinburg
- Office Manager at Alpha Outdoor Power Equipment
- Loan Assistant at First Tennessee Bank Loan Center
1 year, 7 months at this Job
Provide information to the general public regarding planning and zoning related information Coordinate permit activities and walk-through inspections for new businesses and investors Researches property history and/ or related planning and zoning related studies and reports Create and present staff reports for the Zoning Board of Adjustment in a public setting
- Assistant City Planner at City of St. Joseph
- Deputy Clerk at Buchanan County Courthouse
- Paralegal at Hollingshead
- Recruiting Coordinator at Expert Global Solutions
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Legal Studies
- City Planner at Village of Orland Park
- Community Programs Specialist at Office of Planning and Economic Development
- Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant at Department of Politics and Government, Illinois State University
- Field Organizer at David Gill for Congress
2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Politics and Government
- Bachelor of Science - Sociology and Anthropology
• Project Manager for Downtown Master Plan
• Prepare and present variance staff reports for the Zoning Board of Appeals
• Make recommendations to City Council on short term rentals, dockless devices, blight policies
• Complete zoning review for business licenses, building permits, and sign permits
- City Planner II at Jacobs Engineering Group
- Public Administration Intern at Jacobs Engineering Group
- Research Intern at Georgia Municipal Association
- Planning & Development Intern at Rockdale County Government
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Art, ceramics
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Act as liaison between the Historic Districts Commission and the community.
• Prepare and distribute staff reports for proposed changes to historic landmarks or sites based on the U.S. Secretary of Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings.
• Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
• Facilitate public hearings between the Historic District Commission and an applicant (conference room setup, operate audio recording equipment).
• Collects, compiles and analyzes social, economic and physical data necessary for the completion of planning studies.
• Review, study, analyze and make recommendations regarding proposals for development or improvements including, but not limited to, zoning changes, subdivision plats, special use permits, community unit plans, drive-through review special permits and deed transfers.
• Assists in the formulation of acceptable planning alternatives.
• Disseminates planning information and meets with external planning groups, citizens, agencies and departments.
• Direct subordinate technical personnel as required. Direct subordinate technical personnel as required
- City Planner (City Planner &Historic Districts Planner) at City of Toledo
- City Planner at City of Toledo
- Env. Technician- Water/ Env. Technician- Air/ Env. Specialist at City of Toledo
- Planning Technician at City of Toledo
11 months at this Job
- certification in G.I.S.
- Bachelor of Science degree - Environmental Design