• Responsible for organizing and constructing Civil Engineering Set of Plans. Including working directly with clients to ensure all Design and CAD standards are applied.
• Creating Set off Plans includes the creation of the border file by utilizing views and models for different disciplines, using reference container files to stack references and apply symbology overrides for specific disciplines. Create annotation files for labeling and dimensioning.
• Work directly with the engineer to support their work while helping to recognize potential conflicts and issues in the plans, then search to provide any possible solutions.
• Create the initial designs per client standards, including creating existing and proposed horizontal and vertical alignments for the engineers' initial review, building upon the design with continuous support and input, following their direction therefore providing a final set of plans the engineer may sign with confidence.
• Perform the tasks to gather any existing plans and as-built drawings.
• Set up Projects at the conception to create and build folder structure, along with placing supportive files and software in proper location, creating and editing the Project Configuration File (.pcf) in manor that elements are represented and look identical within each system performing on project.
• I am responsible for making your genius look brilliant. PROJECT LIST TXDOT SH 183 MIDTOWN EXPRESS PROJECT Part of team to provide engineering design services to TxDOT to reconstruct an approximately 14-mile section of SH183 from SH 121 to I-35E/Trinity Parkway and connecting facilities in Dallas County. Provide engineering design for small and large signs and striping for SH 114 from International Parkway to SH 183, SH 183 from SH 121 to IH 35E, and IH35E from SH184 south of Mockingbird Lane. Oversaw all roadway CAD and provided internal QA/QC on all segments prior to milestone submittals using MicroStation and GeoPak. 35 EXPRESS MANAGED LANES PROJECT - DALLAS TO DENTON The 35Express Project is dedicated to improving mobility along I-35E in a safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sensitive manner. The $4.8 billion project will rebuild the entire 28-mile corridor, from IH 635 in Dallas to US 380 in Denton. Part of team that performed roadway and drainage design which addressed existing flooding issues at the IH35E/Beltline Road intersection. Also performed roadway design (main lanes, ramps, and cross streets) for the 11.2-mile long Segment 4 from Swisher Road (Corinth, TX) to US 380 (Denton, TX) using MicroStation and GeoPak. NTTA SH 121 AND US 75 INTERCHANGE, COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS NTTA project for engineering services to prepare traffic control plans to upgrade this 2-level interchange to a 4-level fully directional interchange. Prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for this project. TRANSPORTATION DART LINE SECTION SE-1 FROM PEARL TO HATCHER, DALLAS, TEXAS CADD Technician responsible for the line section design and the production of the facility's contract plans. Design involved all the civil design on the project including drainage, station layouts and design, cross street design, ROW determination, SW3P, and retaining walls using MicroStation and GeoPak. DALLAS AREA RAPID TRANSIT NW-2 LINE, DALLAS, TEXAS Provided Bentley MicroStation compatible design files for this effort which extended North from Manor Way to Community Drive, approximately 3 miles. This project included 16,500 linear feet of rail and thoroughfare design in DART's Phase II build-out, including grade separation; intersection and signalization design; water, sewer, storm, gas and phone utility relocation design; two rail station designs; park and ride facilities and major (underpass) crossing of existing freight rail. It also required the coordination of multiple engineering disciplines within DART's ACT21 consultant design team, and interface with Dallas Love Field facilities. AVIATION DFW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT DESIGN & DESIGN MANAGEMENT, DFW, TEXAS As part of the DFW International Airport Design & Design Management project, prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for the following tasks: Rehabilitate Landside Paving ~ traffic control plans and construction administration support for various locations throughout DFW Airport. Rehabilitate Airfield Pavements ~ provided design and construction support services including replacing joint seals in Taxiway E and various other Taxiways, shoulder reconstruction on Runway 13L/31R, Runway 17L/35R, and Taxiway C, partial and full depth repairs of Taxiway G and various other taxiways. AOA Physical Perimeter Security Upgrades ~ Engineering services for approximately 95,000 linear feet of existing fence throughout DFW Airport. Service included the installation of the CASS System at various locations totaling 98,000 linear feet. Also provided design for upgrading security measures at over 30 gate locations that included replacing existing gates with slider gates and at several an I-beam was also added. Several gate locations also were automated per DPS requests. North and West Airfield Drive, Mustang Drive and Mid-Cities Blvd. Improvements ~ Engineering services for roadway improvements that included signing and pavement markings, traffic control plans, and SW3P for all four of these roadways. AIRSIDE NON-MOVEMENT AREA DESIGN, DALLAS LOVE FIELD MODERNIZATION PROJECT, DALLAS, TEXAS As a part of Dallas Love Field Modernization Project, prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for the widening and extension of Aviation Place and the expansion and improvements to existing parking areas located along Aviation Place. WATER AND WASTEWATER WATER AND WASTEWATER REPLACEMENT, DALLAS LOVE FIELD MODERNIZATION PROJECT, DALLAS, TEXAS As a part of the Dallas Love Field Modernization Project, water and wastewater mains within the Love Field Terminal & Apron area were replaced. Prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for approximately 10,000 linear feet of 8" and 12" water/wastewater main replacement, as well as an existing 36" water transmission main traversing across the airport. The 36" water main was abandoned with a new 48" Water Main designed to loop around the outside perimeter of airport. ROADWAY Houston School Road (Beltline Road to W. Wheatland Road) - Dallas County, Texas Prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for this project. Project included design services associated with 3.8-mile reconstruction of Houston School Road from a 2-lane rural road to 4-lane divided thoroughfare. This project also included additions of sidewalks to previously designed roadways. Approximately 0.5 miles involved upgrading the existing 2-lane rural road to a 6-lane divided thoroughfare. Routh Street, Dallas, Texas Prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for this project. Also included paving, storm drainage, water and wastewater mains improvements at Routh Street from Flora Street to San Jacinto Street and Flora Street to Woodall Rodgers Freeway, in the City and County of Dallas. Services also included designing these sections of Routh Street as separate bid packages and included streetscape, landscape, illumination and traffic signal design services located within the project limit. HOUSTON SCHOOL ROAD, DALLAS COUNTY AND CITY OF DALLAS, TEXAS Prepared AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and GeoPak compatible design files for this project. Project included providing PS&E services to widen and improve the alignment of Houston School Road for both Dallas County and the City of Dallas. For the County, responsible for approximately 2.7 miles of this 2-lane roadway, within Dallas County and the City of Lancaster, from Beltline Road to W. Wheatland Road. Improvements included the widening of the roadway to 4-lane divided with ultimate capacity of 6- lanes. New sidewalks and bike lanes were also added. WILDLIFE PARKWAY, GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS ARS is responsible for engineering services for a segment of Wildlife Parkway from SH 161 to Belt Line Road. Most of the existing 2-lane roadway was in the floodplain of the West Fork Trinity River was elevated out of the floodplain and widened to a 4-lane divided thoroughfare having dedicated left and right turn lanes. The project will also extend the existing roadway across the West Fork Trinity River by adding a 1,900' bridge. Additionally, a 500' bridge will be part of the design plans for an overflow swale west of Belt Line Road. The project includes the design of a trail along the roadway from SH 161 to east of the West Fork Trinity River. The team also designed a 750-foot segment of Good Link Trail, which ties into a gazebo just north of Wildlife Parkway.
- SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN at ARS ENGINEERING
- HVAC CAD TECHNICIAN at BLUM CONSULTING ENGINEERS
- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN at LTRA ENGINEERS
- CAD SUPERVISOR at TDC DESIGN, L.L.C
14 years, 3 months at this Job
Email: [email protected] Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation
2401 NM State Rd 1
office Number 575-835-1202
Socorro, NM 87801 United States
05/2015 - 2017
Civil Engineer Technician and COR
Responsible for Socorro Field Division [SFD] construction crew Inspections and Reports; Project Management, Health/Safety Inspections and Compliance. Surveying utilizing RTK GPS. AutoCAD Civil 3D expert of 19+ years.
Assisting Elephant Butte Field Division [EBFD] Engineering AutoCAD Civil 3D
Certification; US Boating Foundation and Safety Operator; New Mexico and Louisiana
Supervisor: James Jones (505-270-3048)
Okay to contact this Supervisor: Contact me first USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
Crowley Watershed Division
157 Cherokee Dr. suite C
Crowley, LA 70526 United States
01/2014 - 2016
Civil Engineering Technician
I conduct marine inland and Shoreline surveys The Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (CWPPRA). Civil engineering field data collection utilizing RTK GIS to upload/collect/download and process survey data utilizing various software’s and generating extensive engineering/surveying construction plans, cross sections, alignments, profiles and construction details utilizing AutoCAD civil 3D. I have modified USDA-NRCS contract document specifications regarding AutoCAD Civil 3D requirements for Louisiana. Civil –Work primarily involving the performance and oversight of on-site construction work, including inspection and acceptance of structure/construction work performed by a contractor. Geotechnical –Work primarily involving:
• evaluation of soil, rock properties, slope stability, and seepage;
• seismic analysis of soil, rock properties, and sub-surfaces; and
• evaluation and design of earth retaining systems, embankment dams, structure foundations, and ground improvement projects. Hydraulics –Work primarily involving the application of hydraulics and principles of fluid mechanics. Hydrologic –Work primarily involving applying the science of hydrology, including:
• analyzing flow characteristics;
• designing drainage structures; and
• evaluating facility (e.g., reservoirs, canals, pipelines, pumping plants) capacities and operation. Structural –Work primarily involving the application of structural dynamics theories, including the distribution of loads, stresses resulting from loads, and strength of materials, such as for the design or construction of structures, seismic analysis of structures, and inspection and condition rating of structures.
• physical science disciplines (e.g., physics, chemistry, and materials), mathematics, and social science disciplines (e.g., economics and community planning); and
• critical inquiry and scientific methodology.
• planning, analysis, and design of systems and structures;
• the nature of soils and rock for use in foundations, construction materials, channels, or retaining structures;
• integration of design and construction activities and the implementation and oversight of engineering, architecture, and/or scientific requirements in contracts for design or construction projects;
• operation, maintenance, and monitoring of structures and systems; and
• the impact on social, economic, and natural resources.
• guidance and control over the planning, designing, constructing, evaluating, inspecting, maintaining and operating, and decommissioning or demolition of structures, infrastructures, and systems under contract or the jurisdiction of external interested entities (e.g., individual State governments), which include projects and programs involving aids and grants:
• research and investigations of physical phenomena to develop programs and methods supporting the conservation of natural resources and pollution controls;
• design and analysis of designs, drawings, proposals, scopes of work, specifications, and cost estimates for projects and design changes during construction;
• layout and scheduling of operations to include inspection, quality control, and assurance activities for materials, methods, and equipment used in construction; and
• structural evaluation and maintenance involving: –inspecting the physical condition of structures, including post-catastrophic assessment; –analyzing the life-cycle of the infrastructures (i.e., effect on strength, carrying capacity); and – performing work to sustain the life-cycle and use of structures and systems.
• canals, dams, drainage systems, and earth dredging operations;
• irrigation systems and water supply facilities (e.g., reservoirs, purification and distribution systems);
• stream restoration, including fish protection systems;
• soil and rock structures (e.g., slopes, embankments, levees, or foundations); and
• storm and erosion protection systems for rivers, harbors, shores, and beaches. Drainage Systems –Work primarily involving the design of wetlands and water removal systems from cropland or communities. Irrigation Systems –Work primarily involving the design of water management systems including irrigation scheduling and delivery, crop moisture requirements, and soil moisture-holding capacity projects. Resource Planning –Work primarily involving area-wide planning, analysis, evaluation, and modeling projects (i.e., watershed protection systems and nutrient management) Supervisor: Dale Garber (337-319-2986) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service 2101 South Broadway Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 03/2011 - 12/2013 NRCS Earth Team Volunteer-Technical I have had training in USDA-NRCS routine and non-routine design engineering practices. I have designed numerous engineering projects reviewed and approved by USDA-NRCS area engineer Dean Pritchett 575-522-8775, Patrick Fox CET 575-622-8746, John Fajardo CET 575-388-1569, Mike Shivers DC 575-894-2212. NOTE: Please contact Santiago Misquiz, USDA-NRCS Wild Life Biologist 505-288-0015[Okay to contact these references: Yes] I assist local field office with Farm Bill programs including Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) and Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP). Utilize the Field Office Tech Guide (FOTG) to ensure proper standards and specifications are completed. Assist with identifying the appropriate conservation practices or measure necessary to address natural resource concerns. I conduct field surveys and data collection using Topcon Total Station and Trimble Recon Data collector survey equipment to record elevations; prepare topographical surveys, gather planning data and information on physical features and resource inventories including irrigation piping, irrigation diversion, irrigation ditches, irrigation wells, pressure and drip systems, erosion control, reservoirs, filter stations and appurtenances. Manage point data utilizing Trimble Geomatics Office (TGO) survey software. Operate a laser level to conduct level production field checkout inspection surveys. Operate Global Positioning System (GPS) to obtain measurements. Process survey data coordinates determining acreages, pipe lengths, concrete ditch lengths and cross-sections. I Prepare plan maps utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D; laying out farm boundaries and irrigation pipeline. Participate in site visits with landowners and producers to assess concerns and prescribe appropriate methods of conservation. Utilize computer software programs to design conservation practices; knowledge of irrigation pipeline and appurtenances utilizing Pipe 36 and surface engineering analysis software. Designed 3,953 linear feet of irrigation pipeline and generated plan and profile sheets using NRCS Excel spreadsheet software and manual plotting and drafting methodology. Computed earthen dam embankment structures and spillway; calculating fill material volumes, quantities, areas. Proficient in Toolkit software, ArcGIS conservation planning/mapping, Pro tracts, USDA soil surveys, classifications and geography. Proficient in AutoCAD 3D, MS-Windows, Word, Excel, Engineering Field Tools, engineering applications ie; surface Irrigation System, Pipe 36, Ohio, Hydraulics Formulas, Land Improve, SIPHON, SImenu and WEPS Knowledge of cost-share payment procedures, contract and plan documents, schedule of operations, contract review, concrete ditch, livestock and irrigation pipeline checkout inspections. Livestock water storage facilities and rangeland fence line inspections. I Surveyed the North/South Salem drainage project in Sierra County using GPS RTK and providing technical engineering assistance to NRCS-State Office. Agricultural –Work primarily involving the generation and/or application of theories, principles, practical concepts, processes, and systems related to:
• engineering design, techniques, and practices to aid in the solution of agricultural and farming needs such as structures, equipment, systems, and processes;
• critical inquiry, analytical reasoning, problem solving, and scientific methodology.
• providing engineering and scientific assistance and advice to: –farmers, ranchers, landowners, and others in the conservation and use of natural resources; –farm groups, rural communities, and other bodies regarding programs of financial assistance for the improvement of rural areas; –managers of government-owned or government-leased lands; research, development, and evaluation of: –crop production; –livestock production; –mechanical harvesting and processing of crops; –alternative energy resources for agricultural applications; Supervisor: Michael Shivers (575-894-2212) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Truth or Consequences, City of City Business Office 505 Sims Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 United States 01/2013 - 06/2013 ArcGIS Specialist/Environmental Resources ArcGIS-Geographic Information Systems ArcMap and AutoCAD Specialist; Environmental/Coservation data resources, Zoning, Soil Science/Soils Survey, Analyze/Access Natural Resource and Conservation. Code Compliance, Flood Plain, Hydrology, Fire Flow and Utilities. [Okay to contact Fire Chief Paul Tooley 575-740-1640] Public Relations [Code Compliance and Recreation] assisting Vendors and commercial business with license/permits/approvals. Assist Building Official with Inspections and Code Compliance. Supervisor: Bill Slettom (575-894-6673) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes USDA NRCS-New Mexico Association of Conservation Districts 103 Neel Avenue Socorro, NM 87801-4647 United States 06/2011 - 05/2012 NRCS-Farm Bill Programs Specialist (This is a federal job) USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service Socorro Soil and Water Conservation District I have had training in USDA-NRCS routine and non-routine design engineering practices. I have designed numerous engineering projects reviewed and approved by USDA-NRCS area engineer Dean Pritchett 575-522-8775, Patrick Fox CET 575-622-8746, John Fajardo CET 575-388-1569, Mike Shivers DC 575-894-2212, NOTE: Please contact Santiago Misquiz, USDA-NRCS Wild Life Biologist 505-288-0015[Okay to contact these references: Yes] As a Farm Bill Specialist/Engineering Technician in the Socorro NRCS field office I survey and design numerous resource conservation practices in order to address existing soil, water, air, plant, animal and human (SWAPA+H) resource concerns for cooperators within Socorro Soil and Water Conservation District. I conduct surveys, generate designs and NRCS Farm Bill Program Documentation for district cost share, Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP), Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP), Community Ditch Groups and technical assistance to local cooperators and utilizing aerial and soil maps, Toolkit and Protracts. I explain program eligibility and assist producers and cooperators in the preparation of applications and promote our NRCS and local SWCD cost share programs. I provide technical assistance available through outreach efforts while developing lasting partnerships with local farmers, ranchers and producers. I have generated flyers and support local school conservation education and community activities including judging 4-H county fair entries. I survey and design numerous resource conservation practices in various land uses including Rangeland, Irrigation, Cropland, Woodlands and Brush Management. I perform check out procedures to clarify practices assuring quality standards and specifications are in compliance. I also perform NRCS cost estimating and communicate extensively with local producers, districts, District Conservationists, Soil Conservationists, Area Range Specialists, Area Conservation Engineer, Area Civil Engineering Technicians, Farm Service Agency, Bureau of Land Management, Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District and local contractors. I have Assisted Datil field office with Grade Stabilization Rock and Brush structures using quantities and volume formula computations of survey data collected. I survey and design numerous resource conservation engineering practices including hydrologic computations utilizing [NRCS engineering programs] Hazen-Williams equation and Manning's formula, determining pressure break structures, structures for water control and irrigation systems for various land uses. I surveyed over 60 acres of land leveling utilizing Land Improve, Irrigation Surface and SImenu to improve farmland irrigation efficiency and soil quality. Rangeland * Survey and design livestock pipelines to include wells, storage tanks, troughs and pumping plants that addressed improved grazing distribution, increased plant productivity, health vigor and reduced erosion. * Brush management survey, to improve Rangeland health and condition, productivity of desired species within the ecological site. Irrigated Cropland * I Surveyed and designed over 7,775 ft. of irrigation pipeline including appurtenances for Socorro Field Office which will conserve surface water and protect water quality. * I Surveyed and designed over 5,904 ft. of concrete ditch lining including appurtenances and structures to improve irrigation application efficiencies, water quantity and quality of the broader water shed environment. I perform field data collection using Topcon Total Station and Trimble Recon Data collector to record elevations; prepare topographical surveys, gather planning data and information on physical features and resource inventories including irrigation piping, irrigation and stream bank diversion, irrigation ditches, irrigation wells and erosion control structures. I also manage point data utilizing Trimble Geomatics Office (TGO) surveying software and design software. Operate a laser level to conduct level production field checkout inspection surveys. Operate Global Positioning System (RTK-GPS) to obtain and plot measurements. Collect and Process field survey data coordinates determining acreage, pipe lengths, concrete ditch lengths, alignments and cross-sections. Proficient utilizing AutoCAD civil 3-D generating engineered plans and profiles, laying out farm boundaries and irrigation systems. I conduct site visits with landowners and producers to assess concerns and prescribe appropriate methods of conservation planning. Proficient in Toolkit software, ArcGIS conservation planning/mapping, Pro tracts, USDA soil surveys, classifications and geography. Proficient in AutoCAD 3D, MS-Windows, Word, Excel, Engineering Field Tools, engineering applications. Supervisor: Richard Ritter/Brandon Bishop (575-838-0078 575-835-1710) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Bohannan Huston Inc. 425 South Telshor Blvd Suite C-103 Las Cruces, NM 88011 United States 05/2007 - 05/2009 Salary: 44,700.00 USD Per Year Civil Engineering Technician-Construction Inspector Construction inspector for Elephant Butte Phase l and II wastewater treatment plant and collection system. This was an $8,000,000 pumping plant project including several road improvement projects, mechanical and electrical systems and five lift pumping stations. Received performance promotion 5/3/2008 Directed, authorized and certified daily operations and activities for entire field project. Calculated and monitored flow rates, hydrologic data and system testing using representative data to ensure compliance with specifications. Oversaw ground water monitoring and pumping discharge operations, collection of water sampling for water quality analysis. Oversaw water main installations and emergency shut-off repairs. Reviewed and interpreted daily monitoring of plans and specifications for the construction of electrical control buildings, commercial buildings and sub-station structures. Assisted in pre-construction meetings. Ensured compliance with city government. Communicated extensively with outside agencies and contractors. Implemented methods of construction knowledge and provided clarification to construction crew. Developed strategies to ensure quality control of plans and specifications. Coordinated structure plans and field design changes with senior staff. Implemented personnel and environmental safety regulations by identifying, eliminating and mitigating unsafe conditions. Conducted materials inventory, pay quantities and assured that deadlines were met. Collected and processed survey data and provided assessment and classification of the information. Located survey control points for aerial mapping using GPS for spatial reference. Performed field surveying ensuring compliance with plans and specifications. Verified and field corrected engineered data using auto level to ensure quality control. Compiled statistical reports, assessments and documentation of ground water and soil contaminate monitoring, and program activities on structure abandonment for State of New Mexico Environment Department. Verified or adjusted grade of state and city road improvements to final grade. Observed, inspected and approved test procedures for concrete, soil densities, building structures and utilities. Assisted and observed on a cultural resource survey and assessment for clearance of Elephant Butte watershed diversion project. Researched public utility records and field location prior to excavation, preventing potential problems or hazards ensuring cost effectiveness. Held meetings to resolve conflicts and to resolve unexpected engineering discrepancies. Performed on-site troubleshooting to correct and resolve construction deficiencies and test failures. Prepared details, schematics and drawings utilizing AutoCAD and hand prepared sketches. Developed record as-built drawings. Supervisor: Rob Richardson (575-532-8670) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes 1099 Contract Employment PO Box 1763 Elephant Btte, NM 87935 United States 03/2001 - 04/2007 Salary: 45.00 USD Per Hour Engineering Technician Provided technical services to surveyors and engineers locally as an independent surveying-engineering technician acquiring a broad range of exposure as a business-oriented professional. Collected field data using a total station, data collectors, auto levels, dumpy levels, compass, chain and RTK-GPS survey equipment. Prepared topographical maps and civil engineering plans; cross-sections, water mains, storm surface drainage, retention and detention ponds, earthen and concrete structures, slope protection, erosion control and retaining walls. Conducted field surveys for city government and funding agencies. Produced engineered and survey drawings utilizing AutoCAD software. Generating subdivisions; road design and earthwork volumes, industrial plants, gathered hydrological data and soil information for planning and design of engineered structures and systems. Conducted and calculated level loop surveys, adjusting level control loops and level loop closings. Uploaded survey data to data collector for construction staking. Prepared and checked construction stakeout sheets and performed stakeout field surveys for road and highway construction, easements and right of ways. Computed volumes or quantities between original and as-built surveys using standard tables and formulas. Established survey control of short plats, subdivisions and boundaries. Converted bearings to azimuths, proportioned lost or new boundary corner positions and inverse between coordinate pairs. Merged, rotated, scaled and translated coordinate data point files together in survey data management software and AutoCAD. Subdivided sections for various lot layouts for site and land developments. Used programmable calculators, data entry modules and AutoCAD to run traverses around a closed figure to get closure and to compute areas. Convert and established coordinate translation, rotation, and/or scaling using survey and CAD software. Compute latitude and longitude, State plane coordinates using conversion utility. Designed and drafted architectural plans for commercial and residential buildings, including electrical systems, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, utilities, domestic and waste water collection systems, landscape architecture, roadway and parking areas. Supported and conducted large and complicated projects such as an eight mile stream bank wildlife restoration project located in Redwood Valley, California which required four weeks of survey field work to gather needed information and field data in order to design repair goals. Surveyed a bridge crossing in northern California and prepared the design and layout sheets using Autodesk Land Development Desktop. Engineering Equipment-Operated heavy earth moving equipment in the development of wetland wildlife habitat restoration, sub-divisions, site excavation, test pits, monitoring of ground water, contaminated soils, native materials analysis and demolition of underground structures in compliance to environmental protection regulations. Operating a variety of engineering/construction equipment and attachments, such as crawler tractor, front-end loader, backhoe, tractor-trailer, and dump truck, on flat or rolling terrain or artificial slopes such as dikes and roads; Case-4wd backhoe, 20-ton Volvo rock truck, 20-ton vibrator roller, Front-end loader, 20,000 to 70,000 lb. track hoe excavator, Operate mobile power equipment such as graders, rollers, tractors (both wheeled and crawler), power shovels/excavators, front-end loaders, trenchers, combination trailers and truck tractors, backhoes, cranes, forklifts, and motor vehicles. Supervisor: Don Edgington (575-762-2149) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Anderson and Associates 1720 South 341st Place Suite C4 Federal Way, WA 98003 United States 11/1999 - 05/2001 Salary: 52,000.00 USD Per Year Survey Technician Operated as an AutoCAD survey technician coordinating project activities with co-workers and supervisor. Conducted field surveys using a Geodimeter total station. Utilized AutoCAD, TerraModel and Softdesk survey software to produce survey plats including American Land Title Association (ALTA) surveys. Compiled detailed field notes, field data and record surveys. Performed data management, data analysis, and data presentation producing and developing precision tins and contours to generate accurate topographical maps. Researched, collected and analyzed data to generate traverse and inverse computations and inverse between coordinate pairs. Computed triangulation, trilateration, and traverses to determine absolute or relative locations of points by measurement of distances using AutoCAD survey software. Conducted environmental impact studies and assessments for erosion control on topographical maps and proposed contour grading plans. Collected field data for flood plain Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) elevation certificates. Developed multi-family building assessments, building foot print and interior building floor plans showing all dimensions and developing layout sheets utilizing AutoCAD. Prepared legal documents and record drawings. Communicated extensively with outside agencies, attained permits, title reports, access (ingress/egress), buffer zones, easements and utilities. Assisted in the development and revisions of legal descriptions. Ensured compliance with federal, state, county and city regulations. Supervisor: Kenneth R Anderson (253-838-1199) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Engineers Inc. Highway 60 Socorro, NM United States 09/1997 - 10/1998 Civil Engineering Technician Conducted field surveys for state, city, county and funding agencies. Collected field data and produced drawings using Eagle Point and AutoCAD engineering drafting and design software for subdivisions, road design and earthwork volume, topographic, hydrological data and soil information for planning and design of engineered structures and systems. Performed and calculated level loop surveys, adjusting level control loops, level loop closings and adjustments using least squares. Prepared and checked construction stakeout sheets and performed stakeout field surveys for road and highway construction, easements, right of ways and boundaries. Performed cartographic mapping of riverscape and ecosystem assessments, watershed tabulation and hydrological data analysis. Defined water course catchment boundaries by determining the flow or channel network to floodplain locations. Determining canal structure locations and analysis for dams. Summarized landscape features and collective attributes of local geography. Determined erosive influence of landscape attributes using study tools including map wheels, planimeters, USGS map and topographical maps. Performed manual hydrological calculations of volume, rate and open channel flow. Coordinated and obtained permits and requirements for community infrastructure improvements with state agencies Worked extensively with county agents researching ownership and easement rights for many projects. One particular project was a waterline improvement project located in San Antonio NM, which involved the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (MRGCD) as the line paralled the irrigation canals with crossings and passed through many landowners' property. This same project also involved the State of New Mexico and Burlington Northern/Santa Fe Railroad requiring permits and easements. Conducted multi cross section surveys collecting field data, prepared civil engineering drawings, cross sections, plan/profiles and designed water main extensions. Computed volume and quantities for cut and fill construction projects. Monitored monthly city water usage, measuring water levels in wells and provided reports. Prepared preliminary and final plans for water main, sanitary sewer and road improvements including existing and proposed utilities. Conducted various lab-required tests on soils and concrete. Concrete testing for quality assurance (air content, slump, temperature and placement). Soil testing for quality assurance (moisture content, density, proctor, placement and compaction). Communicated extensively with engineers, surveyors, contractors, funding agencies, community associations, state, city, and county personnel. Utilized Geodimeter Total Station and transit survey equipment, Carlson survey software, GPS, transit, level and compass. Utilized AutoCAD and Eagle point Civil design software. Supervisor: Don Edgington (575-762-2149) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Geo Engineers Inc. 1101 Fawcett Avenue Suite 200 Tacoma, WA 98402 United States 02/1995 - 01/1996 Civil Engineering Technician Generated and prepared extensive site plans using AutoCAD which included test pits, monitoring wells, concrete embankment structures and borings. Interpreted data from geotechnical and structural instrumentation. One specific client was U.S. Oil (petroleum sites). Prepared engineered drawings, interpreted symbols, terminology, and standards and prepared detailed cross sections for landslides, slope stabilization, retaining structures, rock formations and erosion control. Prepared exclusive proposal layouts for anticipated projects up for bid using Corel Draw. Displayed the ability to perform without supervision providing technical support, extensive communication and planning with engineers, geologists and soil scientists. Supervisor: Suzanne Smith (253-383-4940) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Michael Antonoff, PE 3316 Deer Island Drive E Bonney Lake, WA 98391 United States 07/1992 - 08/1995 Civil Engineering Technician Conduct Field surveys and collect survey data necessary to implement engineering plans and profiles. Produced Ink on Mylar civil engineering drawings. Supervisor: Michael N Antonoff (253-862-6763) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Foss Environmental Services Seattle, WA United States 01/1990 - 01/1995 Salary: 42,600.00 USD Per Year Environmental Specialist Now owned and operated by NRC Environmental Services; Foss Environmental Services company specialized in emergency marine response reacting to oil/chemical spills and hazardous waste management. Marine Environmental oil spill remediation operation. Acquired extensive knowledge, interpreted, and ensured compliance with environmental regulations, inspections, policies and procedures. Implemented standard based on the Code of Federal Regulations and the Environmental Protection Agency. Functioned under tremendous stress and strict time constraints. Conducted environmental inspections of Hazardous Materials and supervised response Team at various shoreline spill sites. SMALL CRAFT OPERATOR and assistant environmental manager; Operated 38-70 ft. First Response vessels (FRVs) utilizing navigational devices such as a compass and nautical charts. I Performed lead vessel operations of twin engine small craft (FRVs) at various locations in Washington State and Puget Sound waterways Pacific Northwest. Implemented and conducted Confined Space Plans. I have on a regular basis as part of my job, operated hydraulic booms and cranes for loading and unloading heavy equipment and supplies. I have on a regular basis as part of my job, operated Heavy Earth Moving (track and wheel) Engineering Equipment including 80,000 lb. excavator (track hoe) utilizing hydraulic thumb attachment proficiently for demolition of structures, dredging/clearing/grubbing debris removal, trenching and waterway clean-up programs. As a standard practice, I have been required to address safety issues on every job site routinely seeking solutions to problems encountered. Attended Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Personal Protection and Safety training on a regular basis. I have been required to know, follow, and implement to others safety program practices and procedures to maintain a safe working environment. Attended Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training as a requirement and as a regular part of my job. I have safely operated marine vessels to transport personnel, equipment, and supplies to work sites. I have performed docking procedures in tidal influenced waters and in different environmental conditions. I have safely operated gasoline and diesel vehicles such as marine (open water and inland water) vessels, tractors, maintenance equipment and heavy equipment. As environmental vessel operator; performed as first responder, environmental impact remediation and emergency response. Conducting oil/chemical spill response to near-shore, harbor, waterway channels, and beach spills. Operated and equipped a fleet of vessels readied for deployment and demobilization. Operating skimmers, deployed and collected containment booms, sorbent materials, and support equipment to arrange and conduct cleanup activities. Performed vessel operation and navigational assist. Operated crane and boom truck; loading and unloading work supplies, equipment and materials ensuring that handling and storage are in accordance to specifications. Handled lines in making-up and breaking up containment tows and towing other vessels. Conducted and performed standby emergency spill response associated with oil barge-tanker entry and discharge inspections and operations. Communicated extensively with shore side, tanker man and fleet vessels by proper use of VHF radio communication. Assist in on-site remote or mobile decontamination sites. Conducted and implemented environmental inspections; determining the proper identification, packaging and loading for transportation. Prepared profiles, labels, manifests, and responded to emergency clean-up situations using knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations. Performed routine repair or replacement of defective vessel gear and equipment. Determined geographical position of vessel using loran or long range navigation radar. Operated vessels utilizing navigational devices such as compass, nautical charts, and navigational aids such as lighthouses and buoys. I have had training in confined space exposure, airborne contaminants and air quality monitoring, pre-entry testing and training performances. Alpha Design, LLC 2918 93rd Avenue E Edgewood, WA 98371 United States 11/1989 - 01/1992 Salary: 80,000.00 USD Per Year Soils Expert Technical Associate Soils Expert and Lead engineering/survey technician. Consulted and provided soils analysis and soil test profiling. Developed and engineered large community systems (residential and commercial) for on-site sewage disposal systems. Designed complex systems where soil conditions, design criteria and developmental properties of the site proved to be a challenge. Trained others to conduct and prepare surveys (field data collection), plotting field data using pencil, straight edge and drafting machines in order to produce topographical maps, write soil reports of field observations, designated soil test pit locations, analyzed soil and absorption rates. Utilized technical resources of state specific soil survey reports, maps, and data methods to make field determinations of accurate soil series, water movement in soil, water table, state soil and soil sciences. Identified soil type classifications, soil profiles and prepared design criteria in accordance with Official Soil Series Descriptions (OSD). Utilized Soil Conservation Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture soil survey data in cooperation with state and county officials. Developed complete designs according to and in compliance with state regulations. Interacted with state government health officials, landowners and contractors, which included on-site field meetings and test performances. Regularly acquired permits and approvals, scheduled and processed project specific meetings at state government agency facilities to gather technical information including zoning, flood zones, wetlands, geography, soil classification, record surveys, maps, US Geological Survey maps. Conducted as-built surveys following contractor installations which included field data collection, field measurements, field tests, field inspections and produced final record drawings. Wrote and submitted documents, public records and drawings resulting in approval by state government health department agencies. Prepared written installation of operation and maintenance specifications for each site development. Conducted on-site installation and test inspections with state government authorities. Developed complex electrical, structural, water and piping collection system as-builts for Sleeping Lady Mountain hotel resort located in Leavenworth Washington. Supervisor: Ron Hulan, (Business Associate) (253-884-9119) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Bennett PS and E 12907 16th Street East Sumner, WA 98390 United States 02/1987 - 10/1989 Civil Engineering Technician Conducted preliminary and final environmental land use and site development assessments and impact studies. Prepared wetland studies of minor streams, fish and wildlife habitat assessments. Conducted site inspections to identify and verify the presence of wetlands and determined wetland categories and appropriate buffer widths and delineated wetland boundaries. Developed site plan assessments and improvements determining drainage courses. Collected field data using Leitz Theodolite and (electronic distance measurement (EDM), transit and dumpy level survey instruments and equipment. Performed tacheometric (rapid surveying), chaining and stadia methods to determine horizontal and vertical distances. Prepared contour plans and hydrographic surveys, manually plotted individual point data tabulation using protractor, engineers scale and other engineering tools to produce maps using ink on mylar and graphite on velum. Monitored native vegetation species and boundaries, viability, land use identity, zoning, tree inventory (species and size), geological hazard areas, erosion and landslide assessments. Conducted traffic studies, conducted Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) flood studies of proposed developments within flood zones. Designed pressure and gravity on-site sewage disposal systems, including static pressure calculations, piping, pumps, utilizing discharge pump curves acquiring head and friction loss calculations and determining system distribution structures. Operated heavy equipment including back-hoe for test pits and excavations. Conducted field analysis and testing of soil types and percolation rates. Analyzed and monitored ground water tables. Supervisor: Bob Bennett (253-826-2288) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Michael Bitterling, PE 6021 12th St E Suite 200 Fife, WA 98424 United States 05/1985 - 01/1987 Electrical Engineering Technician Now-BCE Engineers, Inc. Generated complete plan sets by hand using ink on Mylar. Coordinated with architectural plan sets for the development of electrical and mechanical engineered plans drafting and design including schematics and panel schedules.
•Power Distribution: Medium Voltage & Building Systems
• Lighting, Interior & Exterior (including sports fields)
• Emergency Power Generation
• Power Quality Analysis Supervisor: Michael Bitterling (253-922-0446) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Education: Green River Community College Auburn, WA United States Technical or Occupational Certificate 09/1986 Relevant Coursework, Licenses and Certifications: AutoCAD-Computer Aided Design Kalaheo Sr. High School Kailua, HI United States High School or equivalent 06/1981 Major: Graduate Job Related Training: Construction Materials Testing Certificate of training: Siemens Nuclear Densometers Albuquerque, NM - May, 1998 AutoCAD-Land Development Desktop [LDD] Auto desk Authorized Training Center Certificate of training: CAD-Masters, Inc. Sacramento, CA - September 2004 29 CFR [Code of Federal Regulations] 1910.120 and OSHA [Occupational Safety and Health Administration] Personal Protection and Safety FOSS Environmental Seattle, WA – May 1994 HAZWOPER-Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, continuous 40 Hour refresher certifications: Hazardous Materials, respirators, air quality monitoring, First Aid/CPR Certificate of Training- over 900 hours Foss Environmental Seattle, WA - June 1994 USDA NRCS-Soil, Water, Air, Plants and Animals Hatch, NM - April 27, 2011 USDA NRCS-Cultural Resources Certification Albuquerque, NM - July 21, 2011 NMSU-National Plant Diagnostic Network Certification Albuquerque, NM - June 14, 2011 USDA NRCS-Wind Erosion Prediction System (WEPS) Socorro, NM - July 27, 2011 USDA NRCS-Engineering Training courses [Dean Pritchett, Area Engineer] Socorro, NM – July 2010, October 24, 2011 USDA NRCS-Integrated Pest Management Certification Albuquerque, NM - November 9-10, 2011 USDA NRCS-"New Features in Civil 3D 2010 Survey Points and Surfaces” Socorro, NM January 2011 USDA-NRCS Quality Assurance Construction Inspector. Lafayette, LA – February 7, 2014 BoatUS foundation National Association of Boating Law Administrators [NASBLA] Inland/Offshore operators certificate State of New Mexico/Louisiana. US Coast Guard February 25, 2014 References: Don Edgington Landmark Surveying PLS 505-762-2149 Hugh Burris Bureau of Reclamation Engineering Equipment Operator 575-740-1124 Santiago Misquez USDA-NRCS Socorro, NM Wildlife Biologist 505-288-0015 [email protected] John Fajardo USDA-NRCS Silver City, NM Civil Engineering Technician 575-635-5029 [email protected] C. Dean Pritchett USDA-NRCS Las Cruces, NM Area Civil Engineer (575) 522-8775 [email protected] Jon Mortensen Socorro engineering Professional Engineer, LS 575-835-0604 Additional Information: Extensive experience in a civil engineering and related environment. Proficient ability to work with and to generate AutoCAD designs, revisions and applying proper notes, dimensions, proper scaling, labeling, shading and crosshatching, schematics and instrumentation diagrams. Ability to produce clear and precise system installation instructions and prepare complex technical drawings. Working knowledge of laboratory operations in the use of common lab equipment, monitoring equipment and tools. Worked and learned in a technological environment of research and testing. Experience in the association and certification of testing programs. Hands-on experience in supervising and solving complex technical problems. Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams. Knowledge in various aspects of science and technology. Proficient in using AutoCAD civil 3D and Land Development Desktop, AutoCAD Light, photo and graphic editing programs, surveying software, Corel Draw, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Typewriting skills of 50 wpm. Extensive experience using Microsoft Word for Scientific reports, proposals, documents as well as letters and memos. Corresponded and provided technical response to customers, co-workers and senior staff using electronic email system, I have eighteen  years experience in the engineering environment utilizing skills and knowledge to collect and download survey data from various types of equipment and transforming that data into survey drawings and/or engineering plans using various software. I generate extensive engineering construction plans, cross sections, alignments, profiles and construction details utilizing AutoCAD civil 3D. I Have inspected sites to assure compliance with environmental policy as well as observation of engineering practices involving complex pumping and treatment plants, street projects, wells and domestic water systems, wastewater, water shed erosion control and storm surface runoff systems. Collected field data in remote field sites independently and assessed acreages for the purpose of gathering information and for writing proposals. Prepare written reports on construction check-out inspections and contractor progress on a daily basis. Conduct surveys and produce very detailed and accurate topographical maps. Survey calculations using arithmetic, algebra, and geometry, used programmable calculators and produced drawings and specifications for areas located in Socorro, Truth or Consequences, Albuquerque, Magdalena, San Antonio, Estancia, Clovis and San Jon, New Mexico as well as, Northern California and Washington state. Assist with evaluation of hurricane earth movement damage to building foundations and structures using inclinometer and advised restoration approaches [Port Saint Joe, Florida]. Working relationship with USDA-NRCS Conservation and area engineer regarding a large water shed erosion concern located in Winston, New Mexico. Provided survey data collection for cross sections and processed that data generating earth dam embankment structures. Proficient in Excel, using it for data base management in presenting charts and spreadsheets for ground water monitoring, time keeping and expense reports. Excel is also a very effective tool to manipulate survey data point files. Utilize other software applications in the engineering environment that aid in analyzing specific data for adherence to standards and specifications such as Pipe 36 and hydraulics formulas. I have utilized AutoCAD for eighteen  years as survey/engineering technician. Generating a variety of engineered drawings including site plans, construction plans, profiles and cross sections, details, topographic maps, boundary surveys and plats. Utilized AutoCAD to produce architectural plans and landscape architecture including irrigation systems, elevations and proposals. Used third party point and contour programs to download and manipulate survey data exporting to other engineering programs such as AutoCAD, Softdesk, Terra Model, SMI Plot, Excel and Trimble Geomatics Office [TGO]. Calibrated, repaired and maintained survey instruments and equipment. Written and revised various operation and maintenance procedures for practices including absorption leach field pressure systems and mound pressure systems. Extensive experience working with a variety of firms that required broad interaction with field personnel to resolve discrepancies in performance monitoring data. One particular project was the Elephant Butte wastewater plant, monitoring flow rate instrumentation readings and volume associated with a weir and determining adjustment. Competent in relation to Natural Resource Concerns and NRCS programs. Providing adequate information and technical assistance with installation of conservation practices to address specific resource concerns. Performed as Engineering Heavy Equipment Operator, engineering technician and field surveyor, cut and fill grade staking and materials lab testing of soils for the NRCS-Site 3C Floodwater Protection [Morgan Street Dam Project] government flood and runoff-control structures; located in Sierra County, NM [reference: Bill Wisner, former NRCS civil engineering technician]. Engineering Equipment Operator-Operated heavy earth moving equipment in the development of wetland wildlife habitat restoration, sub-divisions, site excavation, test pits, monitoring of ground water, contaminated soils, native materials analysis and demolition of underground structures in compliance to environmental protection regulations. Operating a variety of engineering/construction equipment and attachments, such as crawler tractor, front-end loader, backhoe, tractor-trailer, and dump truck, on flat or rolling terrain or artificial slopes such as dikes and roads; Case-4wd backhoe, 20-ton Volvo rock truck, 20-ton vibrator roller, Front-end loader, 20,000 to 70,000 lb. track hoe excavator, New Mexico CDL Permit Written test completed. Construction and maintenance of water conveyance structures, the Elephant Butte wastewater treatment plant, shop and office buildings, dams, bridges, and other related facilities. Carpentry: Complete home remodeling/renovations and new construction from vacant land to completion. Demolition of buildings operating track hoe/excavator, construct forms, work platforms, building frameworks including door and window openings, various structural repairs, hang/spackle/patch sheet rock, Prepare surfaces for painting by sandblasting or filling and sanding. Mix, prepare and apply paint/color tint adjustment by brush, roller and spray equipment. Concrete and masonry: Mix, place and finish concrete in walls, slabs, walkways and on slopes. Repaired concrete with epoxy cement, dry pack, and other conventional methods. Set block and brick with mortar joints in constructing walls and building faces. Build and erect fences, tree planting and ground maintenance, clean/unclog drains, service equipment, minor plumbing/electrical. Operate air and electric tools, such as table saws, skilsaws, jigsaws, pipethreaders, drills, jackhammers, chippers, pumps, concrete mixers, air tuggers, airless spray guns, and other hand tools. Operate and perform minor maintenance on light trucks, forklifts, boats, mulchers, all terrain vehicles, air compressors, four wheel drives.
- Civil Engineering Technician at Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - APPLIED COMPUTER GRAPHIC C
Conducted various on-site tests for air, slump, temperature, lab soils, and field compaction testing with nuclear gauge. Key Accomplishments: · Successfully completed testing and evaluation of construction materials for QA/QC processes. · Delivered field memos and communicated results to clients. Liaised with clients and other contractors on-site.Observed daily activities on site including on-site concrete testing (air, slump & temperature). Documented utilization of materials and composed field density reports after verifying plans and blueprints. · Executed testing of electric conduit trench backfilling that is 172 m for BC Hydro project. · Accomplished compaction testing on road base for Encana projects and well-pad in Jackfish Lake expansion for AECON Sommerville in Chytwnd , BC . · Completed compaction testing on bridge backfill abutment for Peace River recovery bridge project with a team of Assoicated Engineering in Chytwnd , BC per the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation’s specifications. · Identified and coordinated the preparation of sketches and legal descriptions for easement acquisitions.
- Civil Engineering Technician at NORTHERN GEO TESTING & ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering-In-Training at ALPHA ADROIT ENGINEERING LTD
- Field Surveyor/ Assistant at MARKER GEOMATICS
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - MS. Project Training
- Special Student - Structural Engineering
- M.Eng - Engineering
- B.Sc. - Civil Engineering
• Began with Carlisle Associates as a Civil Engineering Drafter.
• Earned C.E.P.S.C.I. certification and did inspections on construction sites, write erosion reports using PDF and MS Word, keep O.S.-S.W.P.P.P. documents up to date, and check if contractors were in compliance with the S.C.D.H.E.C. General Permit.
• Make recommendations to contractors for compliance to S.C.D.H.E.C. General Permit.
• Prepare O.S.-S.W.P.P.P. documents for the engineer.
• Do preliminary site, water, sewer, and stormwater design for the engineer.
• Stayup to date with Autocad Civil 3D training 2006-2016
• Do preliminary site, water, sewer, and stormwater design for the engineer
• Use Autocad Civil 3D to make presentations for customers.
• Do preliminary site, water, sewer, and stormwater design for the engineer.
• Do erosion control design and erosion control details.
• Observe testing of water and sewer lines and write reports for owner and regulatory agencies.
• Observe construction of site, water, sewer, and stormwater and write reports for "as built" certification for the engineer.
• Do record drawings of construction for owners and regulatory agencies.
• Use Q-GIS to prepare maps for customers, presentations, and O.S.-S.W.P.P.P. documents.
- Civil Engineering Technician at Carlisle Associates
- "B" Mechanic at U.S. Foodservice Inc
- Autocad Technician at Independent Fire Protection Design
- Design Lab Color Matcher at Decotone
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- - Diesel Mechanics
Supervisor: Michael Sells- 409-766-6349; Contact: Yes
Pay Grade: GS - 0802 - 09/06 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hours per week: 40+
• Duties: Independently plan, conduct and coordinate continuous and often simultaneous land and hydrographic surveys to determine the condition of major navigation channels and placement areas located along or near those channels.
• Determine surveying method and procedures to be used.
• Perform engineering computations in support of surveying functions.
• Provide survey data and recommendations to project engineers for design of levees, spillways and pipeline placements based upon knowledge of property lines, soil and site conditions.
• Provide quality assurance verification and safety inspections of contractor's operations to determine compliance with contract documents.
• Serve as Property Officer, GPC Holder, Maintenance Coordinator and Ordering Officer. As Ordering Officer I Make purchases within established guidelines and ensure purchases are approved prior to procuring items or services. And perform monthly GPC statement re-conciliation and signs prior to passing on to Billing/Approving Official.
• Perform monthly reports for WEX, GPC, and vehicle trip tickets for accountability, at different intervals.
• Serve as the Area Office point of contact in the area with local governments, sponsors, property owners, environmental agencies, etc.
• Direct and schedule work for up to 3-6 party members and ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• As the Survey Party Chief I set the pace; maintain discipline, and insuring that prescribed survey procedures are followed.
• I perform Quality Assurance for Land and Hydrographic surveys to ensure survey computations are accurate.
• Make sure tide staffs and control point network are up to date, maintained, and in the proper Datum as well as establishing control by setting monuments.
• Support requirements of the Area/Resident Offices by coordinating, site visits, planning and directing topographic and hydrographic surveys, and transportation for preparation of E&C plans and specifications, Levee conditions, quality assurance, safety inspections, investigations, facilities inspections, and other work as necessary.
• I have worked on dewatering, levee raise, levee repair, concrete placement, shoreline protection, beneficial use sites and many others including dam safety surveys at Addicks and Barker Reservoirs, and special surveys at Wright Pattman Lake Dam.
• I also have proficient experience with Processing Software such as Trimble Business Center, OPUS, and I am HYPACK Certified.
• Reviews quality of surveys taken and makes comments on surveys not meeting standards, to include work by contractors.
• Review contractor's proposed working schedules for logic, adequacy and to determine survey schedules.
• Perform an inventory twice a year and ensure all shortages are properly accounted for.
• Insure Repairs to survey equipment addressed, and am Responsible for use, maintenance, and disposition of equipment used in the performance of duties.
• Maintains property book logs and documents and keeps abreast of current property regulations and procurement practices.
• Have experience in: developing new or modified approaches and techniques to investigate and analyze hydrographic survey performance.
• Performing technical review of civil work contract dredging plans and hydrographic survey practices.
• Participating in pre contract review conferences, with Contractor engineers or other parties having a vested interest to discuss survey problems encountered.
• Reviewing guidance and regulations concerning hydrographic surveying, global positioning systems (GPS), graphical information systems (GIS), and navigation charting procedures.
• Work performed normally requires long periods of standing, walking, being in rough boating conditions, crawling, stooping, and bending
• The work involves moderate physical demands in terms of inspections, investigations, and surveys of facilities, which may involve climbing ladders, scaffolds, and stairs.
• The work is performed inside or outside of a structure, as well as in an office setting doing paper work.
• Maintain mission readiness.
• I was assigned to work on a Taskers mission for 60 days in Orangefield, Texas as a Construction Control Representative to place temporary buildings and construct walkways for classrooms for Orangefield ISD, as a post Harvey FEMA mission. I was able to walk into an already difficult situation, and lend my, leadership abilities, knowledge of framing construction, drainage, safety, and general construction, to help correct deficiencies and bring the contract to an overdue end. I worked under the supervision of Port Arthur Resident Engineer Steve Sherrill, to whom I gave a daily report of activities and accomplishments. I kept in constant contact with the contractor, and had daily briefings and visits to address issues that arose.
• I feel that I have good communication skills, and reporting abilities whether it be with Contractors, supervisors, and or subordinates.
- Civil Engineering Technician at United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Civil Engineering Technician Hydrographic Lead at United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Jr. Party Chief at Reddoch Land Surveying
- Instrument man at Morris P. Hebert (MPH)
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Civil Engineering
Inspected construction projects
- Civil Engineering Technician at Meyer engineering
36 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Engineering
Inspector responsibilities include concrete testing and sampling, construction observation, material inspection, concrete mix designs and compressive strength testing of concrete cylinders, assuring footings adhere to bearing specifications, inspecting reinforcing steel of concrete, soil compaction testing for trench backfill and bringing building pads to grade, and masonry and grout inspection and sampling.
- Civil Engineering Technician at CTL ENGINEERING
- Data Entry Clerk at One Community
- Environmental Technician at Weston Solutions
- Environmental Monitoring Technician at Ben Venue Laboratories
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
Drafting in AutoCAD 2011/2018 Working with Microsoft office Preparing lot maps, plats, topographic survey maps, and drainage and erosion control plans. Teamwork, communication, leadership
- Civil Engineering Technician at Davel Engineering & Environmental
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Natural resources
in Zhengzhou railway bureau of China
• Key role of my responsibilities were in building many high speed railway that resulted in the best high quality. My work range included supervising engineering and budgeting for building, bridge, road and many facets of my trade.
- Civil Engineering Technician at 1.Zhengzhou Railway Bureau of China
- engineer to design planning and drainage at 2.Tritech engineering Associates in San Gabriel city
2 years at this Job
- - civil and environmental
- Bachelor in science - Civil engineering
at this Job
- Some college