I was the civil engineering technician with Nutrient Management Team with the USDA NRCS in Mitchell, SD. My responsibility was to independently survey using survey grade GPS equipment , complete site investigations and determine feasibility of farms and ranches across the state of South Dakota that required containment and management of livestock manure runoff. I worked closely with engineers in the development of plans and drawings to present to clients and contractors as well as estimated costs for projects. Once the project was approved, I completed construction layout, inspection and final approval of each project. Inspection of earthwork, reinforced concrete, pipe and pumps was part of my duties. I would communicate with the client and contractors on details of the design drawing and I would review quality control on site of each phase of construction.
- Civil Engineering Technician at USDA NRCS
- Soil Conservation Technician at USDA NRCS
- Civil Engineering Technician at USDA NRCS
- Civil Engineering Technician at
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- None - Agricultural
- High school - General
- Some college
I started working here as an intern in November 2013. Then was employed as a technician after my graduation in 2015. I have done some more training in Model Maker, and very good civil surveying. I have been involved with more ssurvey work, which gave me more exposure in Trimble systems as well.
- Civil Engineering Technician at Martin & East Civil Contractors
- Civil Engineering Technician at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Other - Diploma Civil Engineering
2967 Steed Creek Road Huger, SC 29460 United States 09/2018 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 45 Series: 0802 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 11 Civil Engineering Technician (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: My duties as a USFS COR Level II/III are to performs technical engineering works on bridges, level 1, 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 usage roads , trails , timber/logging accesses , pavements, drainage structures and storm water removal. Multi use facilities from camp ground facilities , boat docks , administrative facilities , machinery repair facilities , smoke towers. Administers construction and maintenance contracts as USFS COR to insure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract and multiple agency requirements , local and state regulations. Maintain records of all the administration of the contract. I am familiar with the technical aspects of assembling the contract documents. Ability to maintain and monitor the INFRA transportation database to enter information, generate reports, detect procedural errors and recommends data corrections. Reviews and prepares output to ensure data, reports and/or maps are correct and concise. Coordinates the transportation coverage in GIS with updates made in INFRA. Reviews contractor plans and implements procedures to ensure they are in conformance with Forest Service guidelines, procedures, and requirements. Monitors and assesses contractor's performance and or progress on a continuous basis. As needed, provides technical advice and direction to contractors and resolves complex issues or problems as they arise. I also use my professional skills in multiple engineering disciplines (e.g., electrical, mechanical, civil, structural , architecture , dredging and disposal) to resolve operating problems on assigned construction projects and operational building systems , equipment install and site/water works. Perform diagnostic and/or quality inspections on architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical systems , equipment of all types , dredging and disposal. Conducting investigations of work request requirements and building systems to identify existing or potential problems and providing solutions. Coordinate and conduct bid walks for multiple contractors seeking project information. Provide technical assistance and support on the review of construction project plans and specifications. Develop recommendations for construction schedules, inspection requirements. Monitor construction efforts involving various features between contractors and inspection personnel while observing and investigate all construction phases. Monitor construction schedules and progress and provide regular updates to the unit, shops, and the tenants regarding changes. Record changes and modifications to contract drawings and specifications. Perform continual safety inspections, checking work areas and methods of performance for safety practices. Review and oversee all safety processes , safety plans , AHA's , safety incident reporting and violations related to assigned projects with enfaces on EM385-1-1 , OSHA and CFR 1900 , Life safety 101 , NFPA 70 , 72. Resolves differences of opinion by conferring with contractor personnel. Prepare various reports and correspondence. Perform in-progress and final technical inspections of the contractors' work to assure that workmanship and materials are satisfactory. Prepare written inspection reports noting deficiencies and any deviations from the original plans and/or specifications. Perform Contracting Officer's Representative duties. Knowledge of the FAR, DFARS, directives, policies, procedures, and practices. Ability to recognize and analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results and make appropriate recommendations. Knowledge of a wide variety of contracts and incentive arrangements. Supervisor: Larue Bryant (803-725-4479 ) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Civil Engineering Technician at USFS
- Supervisor Facilities Operations and Sustainment at NOAA/NWS
- COTR Construction Rep at GS Grade
- Program Leader at NAVFAC Southeast NAS JRB New Orleans
4 months at this Job
Responsibilities Visit to construction sites, Inspection of concrete pouring, concrete sampling, testing of such samples in laboratory, soils sampling, modified proctor tests for maximum density of soils, liquid limit tests, plastic limit tests, (Attenberg tests), soils density tests using nuclear gauge, piezometer reading for soils overloads. I was also the Information Technician of the firm, being n charge of all computer hardware and software needs of the company Accomplishments My work provided the quality assurance needed in some of our firms most relevant projects. After being contracted as a field technician, I evolved into one of the Senior Inspectors for our company. I earned my employer's trust enough to be at charge of the quality control for whole projects. Skills Used Trustworthy, adaptability, willing to learn, technology proficiency
- Civil Engineering Technician at Villegas & Associates, Engineering
19 years, 9 months at this Job
Conducted various on-site tests for air, slump, temperature, lab soils, and field compaction testing with nuclear gauge. Key Accomplishments: · Successfully completed testing and evaluation of construction materials for QA/QC processes. · Delivered field memos and communicated results to clients. Liaised with clients and other contractors on-site.Observed daily activities on site including on-site concrete testing (air, slump & temperature). Documented utilization of materials and composed field density reports after verifying plans and blueprints. · Executed testing of electric conduit trench backfilling that is 172 m for BC Hydro project. · Accomplished compaction testing on road base for Encana projects and well-pad in Jackfish Lake expansion for AECON Sommerville in Chytwnd , BC . · Completed compaction testing on bridge backfill abutment for Peace River recovery bridge project with a team of Assoicated Engineering in Chytwnd , BC per the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation’s specifications. · Identified and coordinated the preparation of sketches and legal descriptions for easement acquisitions.
- Civil Engineering Technician at NORTHERN GEO TESTING & ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering-In-Training at ALPHA ADROIT ENGINEERING LTD
- Field Surveyor/ Assistant at MARKER GEOMATICS
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - MS. Project Training
- Special Student - Structural Engineering
- M.Eng - Engineering
- B.Sc. - Civil Engineering
• Performed under the direction of professional engineers to solve a variety of engineering problems.
• Drafted with Civil 3D entire preliminary plats and final construction plans containing grading, utilities, removals, details, and storm water pollution prevention plans. Projects include: o Multistory private building site plans o Housing development additions o House construction o Roads and parking lots
• Prepared certificates of survey and wetland delineations for legal purposes.
• Represented the company at construction meetings with various contractors and clients.
• Observed and documented grading and utility installation at various developments around Buffalo.
• Communicated with contractors and sub-contractors for plan clarification or survey crew requests.
• Developed record plans after construction to ensure and final measurements and locations of contractor's work.
• Assisted with surveying as a crew member at construction sites and future developments.
- Civil Engineering Technician / EIT at Otto Associates, Inc
- Civil Engineering Internship at Design Tree Engineering and Surveying
- Camp Counselor at Many Point Scout Camp
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering (Environmental Focus)
Site development and infrastructure design (CAD)
- Civil Engineering Technician/Inspector at Sharpe Engineering Inc
- Internship Student at Cutters Studios
- Foreman at Birmingham Sealcoat
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Film & Video Graphics
Worked as a Construction Inspector on numerous road construction projects for timber sale roads. Did all aspects in the production and implementation of Road Spec. Packages for timber sale contracts including: surveying, design, calculating projects costs, construction staking, inspection, and acceptance of work. Oversaw and managed facilities maintenance for all buildings on the Hiawatha National Forest. Conducted site inspections for many facilities renovation projects and building condition surveys. Produced numerous maps and drawings for various projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcMap. I routinely worked with contractors on numerous road construction and public works project as an Inspector.
- Civil Engineering Technician at U.S. Forest Service
- Drafter / Surveying Technician at Idaho State University
- Drafter / Surveying Technician at ArcGIS and Tablets
- Cadastral Survey Technician at Bureau of Land Management
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Civil Engineering
- B.S. - Environmental Studies & Geology
• Collects and/or prepare aggregates and asphalt samples for analysis
• Performs field and laboratory test at various points throughout civil construction projects, and reports test data in a complete and timely manner
• Works with project engineers and clients to ensure clients specification are followed
• Visually inspect aggregates for clay, shale, cement content as well as asphalt for segregation
• Uses nuclear gauge to conduct density test of road surfaces and ensures all testing equipment is functioning properly
- Civil Engineering Technician (Seasonal) at Northern Technologies LLC
- Production Technician at GE Renewable Energy
- Water Transfer Technician (Intern) at West Dakota Water
- Yard Hand at Black Hills Trucking
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering - Petroleum Engineering
Admin Assistant/Soils Lab Inspector/CMT Tech
• I basically called around for bidding on jobs, talked to the Senior Project managers, and constantly communicated with my staff in the lab and in the field on what was to come next. I learned a lot more of the Geotechnical Aspect of the Engineering & Testing, along with a LOT of hands-on experience.
- Civil Engineering Technician at ATC Group Services
- Civil Engineer Intern at DW Jessen & Associates
- Civil Engineer/Soils Inspection at
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering