• Civil Litigation Paralegal handling all civil cases for the firm.
• Conduct legal research.
• Preparation and e-filing of pleadings and discovery; preparation and filing of subpoenas.
• Preparation of correspondence.
• Summarize medical records, document production and depositions in anticipation of trial.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at L D Holt & Associates, LLC
- Court Clerk at Prichard Municipal Court
- Secretary at Destination Church
- Legal Assistant at Luther, Collier, Hodges & Cash, LLC
6 months at this Job
- - Business Administration/English
• Paralegal to managing partner of a litigation law firm
• Focus on Plaintiff construction defect, personal injury, medical malpractice, defamation, fraud/misrepresentation, breach of contract and wrongful death
• Extensive experience with Florida Courts e-Filing Portal
• Draft pleadings, motions, discovery and correspondence
• Set hearings, coordinate mediations and inspections, handle all scheduling for attorneys and maintain firm calendars
• Florida Licensed Notary Public
• Typing 96 WPM
• Experience transcribing dictation
• Light experience with legal research
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Burnett Law, P.A.
- Administrative Assistant at Rizzetta & Company, Inc.
- Receptionist/Office Coordinator at Rizzetta & Company, Inc.
- Administrative Assistant at St. Petersburg Yacht Club
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Drafted all motions, petitions, temporary, and final orders for managing family law partner
• Drafted demand letters, company agreements, and discovery requests and responses for civil litigation paralegal
• Responded to, Drafted, and compiled answers to family law and civil litigation discovery
• Researched applicable codes and case law to assist in formulating case strategy and expectations
• Coordinated with Harris and contiguous counties daily to schedule settings, inquire into local court rules, and request information
• Assisted in answering multiple calls regarding scheduling initial consultations and potential client inquires
• Effectively communicated via email and phone with multiple clients to ensure they remained informed regarding case strategy
• Efficiently maintained detailed client files
• Surpassed daily billable hours requirement by implementing prioritization and organizational skills
• Coordinate mediation and prepare attorney, client, and file accordingly
• Prepped files for prove-ups, hearings, and trial
• Worked with the Office of the Attorney General on child support matters
• Maintained office, attorney, and paralegal’s calendar
• Initiated, organized, and finalized all family law cases within the firm
• Received and reviewed client documentation and subsequently filed into paperless system
• Communicated with both courts and clients regularly via telephone, fax, and email
• Additional documents drafted: o Income Withholding Orders o Contract for Legal Services o Mediation documents
• Additional external communication via email and telephone daily in regards to: o Scheduling o Setting expectations o Payment transactions o Non legal questions
• Organized discovery and interrogatory requests
• Processed, mailed, and collected on monthly invoices
- Family Law & Civil Litigation Paralegal at THE BOWEN LAW FIRM
- Paralegal at DONOVAN & WATKINS
- Legal Immigration Assistant at BERRY, APPLEMAN, AND LEIDEN LLP
- Paralegal at THE PARCHMAN LAW GROUP
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science & Business || 3.89 GPA
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
Management and Coordination of Pre-Litigation and Litigation Cases
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Law Office of Jorge L. Hernandez LLC
- Personal Injury Paralegal - Civil Litigation - Plaintiff at Rebenack, Aronow & Mascolo LLC
- Personal Injury Paralegal - Civil Litigation - Plaintiff at Law Office of Kenneth Gonzalez & Associates
- Personal Injury Paralegal - Civil Litigation - Plaintiff at Law Offices of Eisdorfer, Eisdorfer & Eisdorfer
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Political Science
- - Administrative Assistant
- - Executive Bilingual Secretary
- - Business Program
Opening new files. Draft legal complaints, discovery requests and responses, motions, and ex-partes documents. Issue subpoenas for all necessary records in preparation for trials. Prepared for trial by organizing case exhibits and evidence. Assist three associate attorneys and two parter's calendars and work load. Business Litigation, Transactional Law, Employment Law, Personal Injury and Insurance Defense.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Miller Miller Gerber LLP
- Family Law Paralegal at Law Office of Justine A. Dell, APC
- Family Law Paralegal at Newman Family Law APLC
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Greenbaum Law Group LLP
10 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Political Science and Sociology
- Associate of Arts - Paralegal Studies
- High School Diploma
personal injury, wrong death, traumatic brain injuries, sexual harassment and battery, products liability, general negligence, class actions, and breach of contract; * Trial preparation for Senior Partner including drafting and review of pre-trial motions, trial briefs, settlement conference statements, juror questionnaires, jury instructions, exhibit preparation, disclosure of retained expert witnesses, post-trial motions, and appeals; * General civil litigation: government tort claims, complaints, law and motion, and written discovery; * Case management in compliance with State, Federal and Appellate Court rules; * Administrative: correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, drafting settlement and verdict reports for publication, client intake, billable hours, calendaring with CompuLaw, electronic filing with ECF/PACER/TrueFiling, deposition exhibit preparation and summaries, document review, and legal research with Westlaw.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at DREYER BABICH BUCCOLA WOOD CAMPORA, LLP
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at THE ARNOLD LAW FIRM
- Commercial & Business Litigation Paralegal and Calendar Clerk at NELSON & KENNARD
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Counseling and Family Psychology
• Manage cases from inception to conclusion and anticipate case/counsel needs.
• Work with counsel and Litigation Support on collection, processing, review and production of electronic data/files.
• Maintain electronic case databases, run searches on databases.
• Manage document productions, including document review under the supervision of an attorney, redactions, endorsements and preparation of document productions for service.
• Establish, organize and maintain case files, both electronic and paper.
• Research and cull information from various resources
• Prepare, serve and manage documents and subpoenas.
• Depositions: Under attorney supervision, gather and prepare documents relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle exhibits during the deposition, secure depositions transcripts from reporting services and distribute copies as needed.
• Assist in preparation of motions and other Court filings, including assembly of motion papers, declarations and exhibits, proofread and citation check, and create appendices.
• Assist in the filing and service of Federal and State Court documents.
• Assist counsel in trial/arbitration/mediation: create exhibit list and prepare exhibits; prepare witnesses; coordinate logistics such as courtroom technician and other technology needs; liaison between counsel and court staff
• Calendaring and scheduling of deadlines and depositions
• Communicating with attorneys, clients, and court personnel
• Drafting legal correspondence, pleadings, and discovery requests/responses
• Collecting and organizing medical records
• Filing documents with courts and administrative bodies
• Prepare settlement folder and closing documents for settlements of personal injury claims.
• Verify and obtain all lien information.
• Communications with clients, medical facilities, Worker's Compensation, Medicaid, Medicare.
• Prepare closing documents and file closing statement with OCA.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at The Mandel Law Firm
- Family Law Paralegal at The Mandel Law Firm
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Surdez & Perez, P.C
- Legal Assistant at Law Office of Silvia M. Surdez, P.C
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in all phases of insurance defense litigation for liability matters assigned to James G. Muncie, Jr., Esquire, Pietro F. Sanitate, Esquire, and Laurence M. Dickinson, Esquire by performing tasks including but not limited to: preparing subpoenas duces tecum, interviewing witnesses, communicating with clients and analyzing records
• Prepare Interrogatories and Requests for Production of Documents as well as respond to those propounded by Plaintiff's counsel
• Prepare Dispositive Motions to be heard before the Court
• Prepare Notices of Hearings and Depositions
• Analyze medical records and prepare comprehensive medical summaries regarding the Plaintiff's prior medical treatment
• Case management during all phases of the litigation process
• Analyze file materials and prepare litigation strategies and liability assessments for the client
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Midkiff Muncie & Ross PC
- Legal Assistant at Midkiff Muncie & Ross PC
- Assistant New Claims Clerk at Midkiff, Muncie, and Ross, PC
- Substitute Teacher at Stafford County Public Schools
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
I formed my own paralegal corporation in 2017 and maintain an office where I do contract paralegal work. I am independently employeed by several attorneys in the Louisiana area at this time. In addition, I do paralegal work for people who cannot afford an attorney or who chose to "tackle" legal issues own their own.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal / Owner / CEO at Moore's Premier Paralegals, Inc.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Dunn Kacal Adams Pappas & Law
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Butkus, Khoshbin & Wilson, PC
- Civil Litigation Paralegal at Cozen & O'Connor, PC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Business Administration
- Associate Degree - Fire Protection Technology
- Certification - Paralegal Studies
• Manage Employment Law cases through litigation from inception to trial, arbitration, mediation. and settlement.
• Propound and respond to Form Interrogatories-General, Form Interrogatories-Employment Law, Request for Production of Documents, Special interrogatories, and Request for Admissions.
• Prepare and object to Notice of Deposition, Deposition Subpoenas, Trial Subpoenas, and Subpoenas for production of documents
• Coordinate depositions of our clients, defendant attorneys, third parties, and experts.
• Manage files by organizing clients' documents, and calendar: court hearings, depositions, and statutory deadlines.
• Communicate with clients and gather any and all relevant information and documents; and provide status updates.
- Civil Litigation Paralegal/Case Manager at Employee Justice Legal Group, PC
- Paralegal at Law Offices of Ulirc E. J. Usher, Esq
- Legal Assistant at Law Office of Lance R. Gallardo, Esq
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - ABA