Charlotte, North Carolina 06/2013 - 10/2013 Oconee Nuclear Station and Keowee Hydro Facility Contract Consultant - Senior Civil/ Structural Engineer Performed consulting services, responsible for peer review and development of conceptual design of structural modifications and enhancements to the facility structures to the address Fukushima related concerns, based on the Probable Maximum Precipitation (PMP) event, as requested by the NRC.
- Contract Consultant - Senior Civil/ Structural Engineer at CB&I
- Contract Consultant - Senior Civil/ Structural Engineer at AREVA Nuclear
- Principal Civil/Structural Contract Engineer at Columbia-Energy and Environmental Services
- Principal Civil/Structural Engineer at Columbia-Energy and Environmental Services
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
• Drafted engineering and surveying plans using CAD software
• Analyzed and designed structural elements of reinforced concrete, steel, and wood
• Designed infrastructure such as roads and utilities
• Collaborated with Professional Engineers on multiple aspects of engineering projects
• Worked with local government authorities for project approval and obtainment of permits
• Performed inspections of public utility construction and testing
• Partnered with contractors to ensure satisfactory construction
• Compiled reports for contractors, supervisors, and government officials
• Mentored one intern on duties of an entry-level civil engineer
- Civil/Structural Engineer Trainee at Highland Engineering & Surveying, Inc
- Summer Co-op at West Virginia Department of Transportation
- Library Technician at Strategic Management Corporation
- Biodiesel Research Assistant at WVU Institute of Technology
4 years at this Job
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
• Providing civil/structural engineering technical support for Entergy Nuclear Power Plants on a variety of design projects supporting Grand Gulf Nuclear Station (GGNS), Waterford 3 (WF3), River Bend Station (RBS), Arkansas Nuclear One (ANO), Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station (PNPS), and Palisades Power Plant (PLP).
• Lead engineer responsible for multiple design projects including security tower upgrades, rigging, duct modifications, piping system replacements, and scaffold designs.
• Lead civil engineer for various design projects replacing transformers, piping systems, refrigeration systems, and electrical equipment.
• Performed walkdowns and generated evaluations and condition reports identifying vulnerabilities to tornado missiles.
• Evaluated and assessed coating degradation in Safety Related Coatings through walkdowns and visual evaluations.
• Prepared several calculations evaluating pipe supports, equipment anchorage, structural steel, concrete, scaffolds, rigging equipment, and conduit supports. In addition, prepared seismic evaluations for plant equipment.
• Provided On-Site Civil/Structural Support resolving issues as part of a team to Implement Projects or aid in Refueling Outages at Nuclear Power Plants.
• Design Reviewer for civil packages and calculations.
• Experienced in supporting emergent projects with schedule pressure.
• Presented and lead project team meetings with client to kick off projects, resolve issues, discuss key elements or critical parameters, consider design challenges, and turnover completed designs.
• Assisted senior management in preparing winning proposals.
• Office Safety Supervisor managing monthly meetings and maintaining a healthy safety culture within the office.
• Additional information for projects led and supported available upon request.
- Civil/Structural Engineer (EI) at ENERCON
- Project Management Internship at Moore Construction
- Project Management Internship at MAPP Construction
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
PROJECT DESIGN 1. STRUCTURES: Reinforced Concrete and Metallic Structures - Wind and Seismic Analysis - Structural Improvement and Strengthening - Structural Adjustments to new Functions – Retaining Walls. 2. FOUNDATIONS: Footing, Foundation Mat, Prefabricated Piles, Bored piles and Bored Walls. 3. Geological reports understanding. 4. PLUMBING: Water Supply Network (cold/hot) using Up-feed and Down-feed Systems in Buildings, Urban Landscaping and Irrigation. 5. DRAINAGE: Rainwater and Sewage Network Design: By Gravity and Pumped Systems in Buildings and Landscaping. 6. PROJECT COORDINATION: Owner - Architecture – Structures – MEP. 7. Basic Knowledge in Fire Systems, HVAC and Electrical Installations on Residential and Office Buildings. PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Experience in performing and analyzing contractual documents such as Quantities Survey, Bill of Quantities, Cost Estimation, Design Specifications. PROJECT LICENSING: Experience in the Regulatory Codes and Standards. Preparation of project licensing to Public Works Department. SUPERVISION f CIVIL WORKS CONSTRUCTION Site Engineer experience as Owner representative. Inspection and Supervision, coordination of inspection works and inspector’s supervision. Material submission analysis. Perform of site works reports, work progress reports and meetings minutes. Material quantities and work performance analysis. Invoices certification. Attending and/or leading progress and site meetings or other related meetings. AREAS of EXPERTISE Residential and Offices Buildings (from houses to 30 story buildings), Industrial Buildings, Malls, Theaters, Movie Theater Multiplex, Health Facilities (Hospitals and Clinics), Sports Facilities, Port and River Facilities, Pump Stations, Underground and Above-ground Car-parks, Public Works Infrastructures and Utilities, Roads, Vertical and Horizontal Signage, and General Landscaping.
- Civil/Structural Engineer at PAL Asiaconsult Ltd
- Structural Engineer at Profabril Centro de Projectos SA
- Structural Engineer at Vieira da Costa Ltd
- Civil/Structural Engineer at Grafiplano Ltd
14 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering
on various International EPC Power Plant projects and proposal utilizing both international and local building codes and standards. Preformed and reviewed the design and static/dynamic analysis, of equipment foundations, plant super structures, commercial and industrial buildings, in concrete, masonry and steel. Updated project drawings, using AutoCAD software in support of construction and engineering requirements. * Civil/Structural Design Engineer and Construction Support on the Raipur Chhattisagra Coal Fire * Civil/Structural Design Engineer and Field Support on Mong Doung II Coal Fired Power Plant. * Structural Engineer on Construction Issues for the Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) Power Plant Conversion Project for the Ramat, Haget, and Eshkol sites * Engineer and Architectural work on various international power plant proposals, Including but not limited to: Porto du Azul Power Generation - Brazil Riyadh 3 Unit desalination - Saudi Arabia Ras Al Zour Independent 2 on 1 CCPP - Saudi Arabia Rabigh II Independent CCPP (R2IPP) - Saudi Arabia Masinloc Coal-fired Thermal Power Plant - Philippines Mae Moh CPP (Lignite Coal)- Thailand
- Civil Structural Engineer at Doosan Engineering & Services
- Civil Structural Engineer at Burns and Roe Enterprise Inc
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- M.S. - Structural Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
Feb 2005 - July 2018 Roles and Responsibilities at Zachry Engineering Corporation As discipline lead civil-structural engineer, and as supporting structural engineer on various projects: Preparing and checking design calculations Specification writing Coordination with other disciplines and stakeholders Client meetings and site coordination meetings Man hour budget and schedule management Man hour and quantity estimates Proposal scope development Career Highlights at Zachry Engineering Corp. Substation Provided supervision and oversight in the design of foundations for substation projects in Texas. Reviewed and checked specifications, design calculations, and foundation drawings for dead-end structures, transformers, and elevated switchgear buildings. The foundation types included drilled piers, shallow foundations, and spill containments. Gas Oversaw complete civil and structural engineering effort for a 130 MW gas-fired power plant, including steel structures, equipment and piping supports, concrete and foundations, structure and equipment anchorage and site drainage. Special challenge was the unusually high wind loads used for the design. Provided conceptual design options for a warehouse building located at an existing nuclear plant. The building was a part of a post-disaster recovery initiative mandated by NRC. Options examined were steel-supported precast walls and masonry walls. This project was unusual in that the building was designed for extremely high wind conditions, and the construction was at an operating nuclear plant with extreme security procedures in place for the project. Renewable Energy Provided structural conceptual design and estimates for a proposed conversion of a former coal-fired power plant to biomass. Unique conditions were the expansion of the basement part of the boiler building, modifications to existing steel building to house large electrostatic precipitator, and the need to build conveyor galleries over an existing next-door cement plant still in operation. Provided complete conceptual design and man hour, quantity estimates for proposed 17 MW wood-burning power plant, using largely existing and refurbished equipment taken from other locations. Project Development Developed the complete civil and structural sections of a standard reference manual for use by company staff in the design of biomass power plant projects. Plant Betterment Provided design calculations and oversaw drawing preparation for modifications and upgrades to existing elevated transformer supports including both steel and concrete components at a 1400 MW coal fired power plant. Successfully coordinated with owner's maintenance staff and field personnel to develop criteria and design components. This project had civil-structural team members in multiple locations. Detail calculations and drawing preparation for modifications and upgrades to existing elevated coal crusher supports and dynamic analysis of piping and equipment supports and anchorages, and concrete slabs. Coordinated with owner's field staff to complete design after x-ray survey of existing concrete to locate rebar. Plant was existing 500 MW coal fired power plant. Minerals and Mining Provided design supervision for 98' X 10' H ring wall support for thickener unit including access tunnel through the structure, at a sand blending plant. Challenges included strict vendor requirements for concrete finishing and design of steel supports at ends of access tunnel. This project had civil and structural team members working from different locations. Provided design oversight and supervision for steel screener structure and foundations at sand blending plant. Included STAAD model for the structure, and dynamic analysis of rotary screens to ensure vibrations of the structure met design and operating objectives. Blast design for components of PDC structures for an LNG processing plant using applicable codes and standards. This project had team members working from multiple locations.
- discipline lead civil-structural engineer at Zachry Engineering Corporation
- Civil/Structural Engineer at Wisconsin Public Service Company
- Structural Engineer at Black & Veatch - Construction Division
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- Constriction of Sewerage pumps station - Constriction of Storm pumps station - Constriction of Irrigation pumps station - Constriction of Potable pumps station - Responsibilities includes supervision of all site related works - which includes Earth works, underground Utilities and their Structures - Sewer, Storm Water Drainage, Potable Water, Irrigation Network, reviewing of method statements, technical submittals, ITPs, shop drawings for Roads and all aspects of QA/QC/ES&H monitoring. Assisting with Project specification and contractual related elements with respect to all Project related day to day construction. Allocation and monitoring the Inspectors on a daily routine progress and technical issues. Attending internal meetings and technical discussions with Contractor site Engineers. Reporting to Construction manager on progress, QA/QC and any other technical related issues on a regular basis 2) Position: Structural / Civil Engineer.
- PARSONS - KSA - Civil/ Structural Engineer at Constriction of Storm
- Structural/ Civil Engineer at national OFFICE FOR engineering and CONSULTING
- at DROUP AL GAZERA FOR CONTRACTING CO.LTD
- Construction Manager at EL-OUROUBA CONSULTING ENGINEERING
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.Sc. - Civil Engineering
1. Department: REFINING & NGL PROJECTS DEPT / UTILITIES Leading construction / civil and structural Management team inside and outside Ras Tanura refinery (restricted area) in KSA for the following 4 deferent projects: 1. BI-1251 (Cogeneration Interconnection Facilities). 2. BI-914 (Gas Plant Project). 3. BI-1156 (Replace Substation 12 & 65 at North Tank Farm). 4. BI-1265 (Asphalt Extension Plant). The scope of work includes: Reviewing early and final design package, making any modification before approving all civil design. Design and construction included: surveying, excavation, plain and reinforcement concrete, foundations and pedestals for new pipe rack and new structural. Placing new structural in addition to strengthening existing steel structural including footing and pedestals to carry new oil and gas pipes. Placing 6 lines for 230 KV cable for 1.4 KM total length for each cable on sand bedding. Placing Fiber Optic cable for communication, for 1.4 km total length. Placing new berm on top of the new 230 KV cables. Placing new 14 concrete duct bank, each duct bank (5.0 m Wide X 40.0 m Long) for 6 of 230 KV cable. Built 2 new power station including placing Gantry towers, all footing, steel structural and instrumentation. Demolition existing 2 stores building. Built new asphalt plant inside the refinery. Built new road inside the terminal area (2 way traffic, 3 lanes each way, 1.2 km long). Built new parking lot (700 Cars) for Aramco employee outside the restricted area. Manage the MPCC (Mechanical and performance Closeout System). Communicate between all contractors and all BI in our department.
- Construction / Civil / Structural Engineer at Cogeneration Interconnection Facilities
- Chief Inspector at HAKS Engineers
- Chief Inspector - NYCDDC Reconstruction of Paulding Ave Phase2, Bronx at Entech Engineering
- Chief Inspector at Ammann & Whitney
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
Design retaining walls, service roadways, designed and calculated ring walls tanks foundations with large diameters, vessel tanks, and" pipe rakes wide 12'-0 and large 1200 feet with heights up 5 stories. - Designed and Calculated a Modular Plant structure of larges building of 8 stories with 2500 SF. Storm water drainage, sanitary sewer, and water distribution systems, necessary permitting for industrial land planning and development projects. - Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for industrial pre and post-development drainage using TR55 and Storm CAD. - Prepare construction phase documents, completing all jobs on time. - On-site assessment and evaluation of existing equipment, steel structures, foundations, etc., in so called "brown field" substation projects - Manage technical, engineering and contractual matters - Support proposal efforts by introducing and promoting innovation, cost saving ideas, and value- added solutions to the overall system design concept - Stay abreast of industry developments and changes in standards. Ensure that all design submissions produced by those under your supervision are compliant with all relevant standards - Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering, performing calculations and modeling utilization software packages - I worked with junior engineering staff to develop designs for a variety of projects such as foundation engineering and design, storm water runoff controls, erosion and sedimentation controls, landfill design and construction, earth retaining structure design, and concrete design - Structural design and analysis of anchorage, steel structures and steel connections, using Staad Pro or equivalent, MathCAD, and concrete foundations with Staad Foundation and using industry standard applications or in-house design programs - Provide engineering expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems of increasing scope and complexity with minimal supervision. Prepare thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches - Perform civil/structural inspections of facilities or equipment. Provide thorough and accurate inspection reports identifying findings, risks and recommendations. Accomplishments: Implemented reporting and documentation system for construction related activities to track budget and progress. Brought to the company and trained my co-workers on Staad Pro software helping the company to make more suitable the exact demand of its clients. Highlighted projects HOUSTON AIRPORT SYSTEM/HAS, HOUSTON, TX. IAH BUSH CENTRAL PLANT EMERGENCY CW 36"Diam pipe. Pipe Re-Route. - Designed and calculated the new piping foundations and specifications. I designed and calculated the new bridge foundations and specifications. I designed the different type of pipe supports and pipe bridges. I produced a complete set of certified drawings for Construction. TOPSAIL ENERGY PLANT CHAMBERS, TEXAS - Plant included the development of 12.7 acres for approximately the stormwater management - Designed analysis Mat foundations on larges Modular Plant building of 8 stories, - The project include the designed and calculated ring walls tanks foundations with large diameters, vessel tanks, and" pipe rakes wide 12'-0 and large 1200 feet with heights up 3 stories. - Calculated and Designed a Modular Plant structure of larges building of 8 stories HOUSTON AIRPORT SYSTEM/HAS HOUSTON, TX. Design of all Utilities that required modifications and relocation for the new relocated lift station. - Designed new SL Taxiway, parallel to SF and relocated the Lift Station #2, providing detailed engineering and design at the George Bush International Airport Houston.
- CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER at USA SHELCO, INC
- CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER IV at DRAGADOSGROUP, S.A
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Civil Engineer
with 5+ years experiences with general and industrial civil/structural front-end engineering design, detail design, and construction management. Currently lead different crews for 3 major expansion projects in civil/structural discipline involving in corporation with oversea and domestic engineering consulting companies. Authorized to work in US without sponsorship.
- Civil/Structural Engineer at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering