Clinical Analyst II, brings a variety of clinical experience to evaluate medical claims and appeals for proper coding to eliminate fraud,waste and abuse. 2018 ACE award nominee
- CLINICAL ANALYST II at COTIVITI FORMERLY VERSCEND TECHNOLOGIES
- HOME HEALTH REGISTERED NURSE at COWBOY CARES, INC
- PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE NURSE at UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA DAVIS MEDICAL CENTER
- REGISTERED NURSE at SHRINER'S CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
7 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - NURSING EDUCATION
• Lead Clinical Analyst
• Collaborated with teams to optimize eClinicalWorks to standardize workflows and to meet meaningful use measures
• Mentor new analyst
• Configuration in all areas of the application as requested
• Monitor interface queues, identify issues and work with vendors for resolution
• Create user accounts for eClinicalWorks and Medent
• Review and revise security rights to maintain compliance for eClinicalWorks and Medent
• Receive and resolve support tickets
• Configuration for MACRA/MIPS and ACI structured documentation in eCW
• Training new providers, creating new templates and ordersets
- Senior Clinical Analyst at Holy Redeemer Health System
- Application Analyst II at CHE Trinity Inc
- Senior Analyst Physician Practice Analyst at Abington Health
- Senior Clinical Systems Analyst at Abington Health
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information Systems
1036 N Orange Grove Ave, W Hollywood, CA 90046
• [email protected]
• 424 261 3391 Technical Summary Platforms: MS Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000/XP/10 Tools: Cerner Millennium, PowerChart, I-View, RadNet, PathNet, SurgiNet, Bedrock Scheduling, Person Management, SurgiNet Anesthesia, Dragon, ServiceNow, STARS, Word, Excel, Outlook PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Shriners Hospital for Children Los Angeles, CA 2007 – Present Clinical Analyst
• Project lead for all software implementations, upgrades and system enhancements; Including Med Rec, PowerChart Ambulatory, PowerPlans, PathNet, ICD10, SurgiNet Anesthesia, SurgiNet Lawson & Cerner Care Management.
• Train new hire clinicians on Cerner applications, clinical documentation and med reconciliation.
• Designed I-View bands for the LA hospital for OP, IP, and PACU with a team consisting of the directors, super users and charge nurses. We were one of pilot hospitals.
• Serve as a liaison between the home office and hospital leadership for all new projects and clinical system functionality; presenting clinical document enhancements for Cerner to medical staff and nursing; review current processes to provide recommendations to ensure optimization of clinical documentation, order sets, pharmacy dosing, surgical scheduling, and lab result entries.
• System validation testing for all Cerner doc enhancements, changes, and updates in the PROD, CERT and training domains.
• Build scheduling templates for clinic appointments using Cerner Bedrock tool.
• Participate in monthly clinical calls and educational sessions involving enterprise issues currently involving Cerner Care Management, SurgiNet Lawson, O&P PowerNote, and Dragon A Winnick Consulting, Los Angeles, CA 2005 – 2007 Independent Consultant
• Focus on new business development to build client relationships by offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
• Extensive knowledge and experience proficiently handling complex mission critical projects under extreme time constraints.
• Analyze environment in recommending hardware and software requirements within clients proposed budget.
• Ensure that all system designs and implementations are approved by users and management and are kept in accordance with applicable company policies.
• Provide initial technical training for all personnel and ongoing user support.
• Maintain manual comprised of training materials with technical definitions translated into non-technical terms.
• Exemplary technical, managerial, and analytical work involving management information systems. Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 2002 – 2005 Senior Systems Analyst
• Interfaced with vendor support groups to ensure appropriate notification during outages or period of degraded system performance
• Analyzed and solved various show stoppers pertinent to Cerner Go Live
• Implemented time conserving strategy for Medical Device Interfaces
• Creative and innovative in delivering presentation at Cerner symposium for senior management
• Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills while training Cerner Millennium and Traccess to hospital personnel
• Converted all medical servers and peripherals running Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Jet Blue Airways, Long Beach, CA 2001 – 2002 Field Station Analyst (Contract)
• Spearheaded technical expansion of Long Beach, Oakland, and Salt Lake City airports
• Headed campaign for 200 baggage printers in western and southern regions
• Worked with FAA in developing wireless airport check-in for Long Beach and Oakland
• Resolved security issue by developing company policy and procedures concerning email and internet usage
• Designed critical recovery plan assuring no loss of data during construction Commerce One, Cambridge, MA 2001 - 2001 Network Administrator
• Implemented, designed, maintained and supported LAN/WAN
• Created new and cost effective new hire process
• Provided technical training to employees for new software.
• Acted as liaison and facilitator, working with other team members and department users to produce recommendations/proposals related to system design and procedural issues.
• Prepared and distributed upkeep of required system and user documentation. Motorola, Mansfield, MA 2000 – 2000 Product Support Specialist (Call Center)
• Remotely managed, monitored, diagnosed network problems and malfunctions.
• Interfaced as a customer representative for Motorola Inter Network Group (ING), Telco and associated network equipment vendors.
• Managed problems on a wide range of communications, networks and technologies to a speedy solution.
• Platform environment included CISCO and Oracle based customer/vendor applications. EDUCATION Saint John’s University – Jamaica, NY BS Communication Arts/Business Admin Computer Career Center – Garden City, NY MCSE/CISCO Certification Program MISCELLANEOUS Volunteer in the Cedars Sinai Hospital Rehabilitation Center Participate in the annual fundraising drive of the Los Angeles Legal Aid Society
- Clinical Analyst at Shriners Hospital for Children
- Independent Consultant at A Winnick Consulting
- Senior Systems Analyst at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- Field Station Analyst (Contract) at Jet Blue Airways
12 years at this Job
- BS - Communication Arts/Business Admin
Novembel 2017 to October 2018 Help participants with Cigna HealthSpring, Medicare Part D Coverage get coverage with needed pharmaceuticals, submit request for coverage approval to proper clinical analyst, gather information from both the patient and provider to help make decision on coverage
- coverage approval to proper clinical analyst at Intake Tech, Cigna HealthSpring
- Clerk at A & A H.G ARIAS & ASSOCIATES
- Customer Service Representative at LexisNexis
- Healthcare Customer Service Representative at Xerox
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate in Medical Billing
- High School Diploma
• Lead analyst for Imaging and Therapeutic Services
• Responsible for testing all new applications for compatibility and usefulness
• Maintain legacy applications and integrated legacy system with certain parts of system
• Assist in developing reports on application performance that were sent to management
• Generate a comprehensive analysis regarding the performance of legacy applications
• Responsible for collecting all application testing information and creating a comprehensive monthly report for management
- Clinical Analyst at St. Joseph Candler Hospital
- HIM Tech II at St. Joseph Candler Hospital
- Patient Services Coordinator at Memorial Health AppleCare Urgent
- Bartender/Gallery Host at Memorial Health AppleCare Urgent
5 months at this Job
- Master of Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Health Science - Public Health
Informatics Analyst for Meditech C/S HCIS Software. This facility utilizes a hybrid of electronic and paper EHR presenting unique workflow challenges. Using extensive systems experience, designed and developed new processes and software/systems use to meet regulatory and organizational requirements. Provide project management of cross-discipline/organization wide systems implementation and updates. Provide support for continuing operational use of HCIS software system. Provide in-depth process improvement, Implementation and support for both Clinical and Administrative Applications. Led multi-discipline Informatics Team. Significant Accomplishments: Design, development and implementation and support of electronic inter-disciplinary discharge routine to meet CMS requirements. Design, development and Implementation and support of electronic specimen collection and nursing worklist functionality. Implementation and support of electronic bedside medication verification. Corrected configuration/use of the Intake Waitlist functionality resulting in streamlined processes and ability to report on key data. Implementation and process design for use of electronic documentation, ordering and billing for Therapeutic Group Home and Outpatient Clinic. Updated Utilization Review processes for release of information significantly decreasing the time to retrieve and distribute data. Needs analysis, design, implementation and support of electronic Group Notes documentation for therapists resulting in significant reduction of documentation time. Created and improved custom reports for various departments in some cases retrieving data that previously wasn’t available.
- Meditech Clinical Analyst at Shodair Children's Hospital
- HIS/Clinical Systems Analyst at St. Peter's Hospital
- Systems Analyst at Yakima Valley Farm Worker's Clinic
- Lead IT Instructor at Humanix Technology Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- None - Transfer - BS
- Certificate - MCSE Course Certifications
- High school
- Anti-infective/Chemotherapy Clinical Decision Support modules analyst. - Applications functionality and workflow troubleshooting, design, and analysis. - Veterans Health Administration applications support.
- Clinical Analyst I at DSS, Inc
- Registered Pharmacy Technician III at Lee Health
- Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science in Health Informatics and Analytics - Beta Gamma Sigma Business
- Bachelor of Health Science - Health Science
● eClinicalWorks (eCW) Clinical Analyst for the largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Indiana. HealthNet’s multispecialty group includes Pediatrics, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Optometry, Dental, and Podiatry.
● Provides technical support and coordination of operational issues pertaining to the use of HealthNet’s electronic medical record (EMR) system eClinicalWorks (eCW) remotely and/or onsite.
● Test and deploy new eClinicalWorks (eCW) enhancements / upgrades.
● Create eClinicalWorks templates within the EMR.
● Collaborate with Clinical and Administrative Staff to improve clinical processes.
● Create training and education materials for HealthNet's systems that include eCW and HIE portal.
● Train new Providers, Residents, Nurses, Medical Assistants, Dental Assistants, Social Workers, and other new employees on eClinicalWorks (eCW) functionality and Clinical workflows.
● Troubleshoot, analyst, and resolve eClinicalWorks EMR issues.
● Create, assign, and update user roles / security roles in eClinicalWorks EMR as access as needed.
● Support HealthNet Staff with eClinicalWorks (eCW) directly or remotely.
● Assist in standardizing processes and procedures that are derived from users of HealthNet’s EMR eClinicalWorks (eCW).
● Analyze system needs and current clinical needs work with HealthNet’s Physicians, Nurses, other Clinical staff, management, and vendors to prepare program specifications.
● Implements new systems and system enhancements, and resolves day-to-day user related system problems.
● Maintains systems to meet HealthNet’s operational goals and processes.
- EMR Clinical Analyst (eClinical Works) at Heathnet
- Regional Veteran Health Information Exchange (VHIE) / VLER Lead / Manager at CCSi / Triple-i / Ellumen
- Training Manager at Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE)
- Implementation Consultant / Jr. Project Manager at Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE)
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies Art and Humanities
• Responsible for collection, extraction, maintenance and analysis of data, both internal and external to Clinical Informatics and Analytic Team.
• Providing analysis and reporting capabilities for the decision support and strategic planning functions in a timely and effective manner.
• Supporting iCloud implementation and assessments.
- Clinical Analyst at Healthfirst
- Administrative Assistant at New Horizon Medical PC
- Executive Assistant to General Manager at Norilsk Nickel, Mining and Metallurgical Company Moscow
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Economics - Mining and Mineral Engineering
Enterprise Imaging and Informatics / Laboratory Systems / Radiology Workflow
Sept / 2018 - Jan / 2019
• Performed as a Project Manager and Clinical Analyst in establishing Outpatient Care Clinics (OCC's) throughout the United States for Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Five (5) new Treatment Centers will be running separate from the Hospital Organization and as such design, planning and implementation is paramount to the CTCA's success.
• The majority of my duties were in assisting with the design and communications testing of various Information Systems and Professional Reading entities within the approved project; Vendor Implementation and Upgrades; Applications planning and scheduling. Duties additionally included the following within scope of project: ◦ Insuring that HL7 messaging and DICOM communications between all OEMs and 3rd party systems are met to insure correct operations within the clinic such as: * Review Order Entry to Final report. * Planning the Acquisition, Routing, Distribution and Storing of Radiology Images for Reading and Clinic Review. * Configuring Scheduling, Billing and Payment authorization protocols within MedicRIS and NextGEN EMR * Clinician result and Image availability via portal and permissions with purchased VNA * Lateral Department interfacing between Diagnostic and Radiation Therapy departments (CT Studies / Diagnostic and SIM). * HIS / RIS communications Master Charge review for proper ordering. ◦ Mapping out and reviewing all Workflow aspects for clinic personnel and what their duties would entail i.e. Front Desk Check; Patient Scheduling; Co-Payment Collections, Study Scheduling, Preauthorization, Technologists Workflow, secondary departments (Radiation treatment planning), Routing of studies. ◦ Adhere to budgets and costs outlined by CTCA based on board approved projects. Make aware of needed funding for missing pieces or out of scope needs that were not discovered. ◦ Assist, Configure and test the following Modalities and Interfaced Systems within the Clinics: * Siemens Definition CT (Diagnostic and Sim for RT), Hologic Mammography Units, Ultrasound Units * NextGEN HIS/EMR * MedicRIS * Varian * DicomSystems Enterprise Imaging Solutions
• End Point Unifier
• MIMI GCP
• Dcmsys VNA (google cloud)
• Arranging, planning and executing applications training from Vendor to personnel.
• Requested added or updated Scopes of Work and Quotes from Vendors for Review committee.
• Assisting C-Level Management with new equipment purchases quotes and service agreement contracts when needed.
• Contract Reviewing - Professional and Vendor Specific.
- Project Manager / Sr. Clinical Analyst / SME at Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Outpatient Care Centers
- Enterprise Imaging Administrator and Analyst at STOLTENBERG CONSULTING, INC
- Regional Director of Information Systems at FUJIFILM MEDICAL SYSTEMS
- MI Sales at SIEMENS MEDICAL SOLUTIONS
4 months at this Job
- A.S. - Radiological Technology