Worked in different areas within the clinical laboratory, such as: hematology, serology, immunology, bacteriology, urinalysis and blood bank.
- Internship as Medical Clinical Laboratory Technician at Hospital CIMA, Clinical Laboratory
- Nutrition Department as Laboratory Researcher and Assistant at CIAD, Research Center
2 months at this Job
- B.S - Clinical Biochemist
I was in charge of the clinical laboratory and would process biological human samples which includes blood, urine, body fluids and stool samples. Process the labs requested by the doctor in a timely matter as well as preform daily quality control and maintenance with every laboratory equipment. Preform Proficiency testing and report results to CLIA before the expected due date. From time on I was trained in all the laboratory equipment which inlcudes Cell-dyn emerald abbott, Siemens urinalysis, PY test machine (H. Pylori), Quailigen Fast pak systems, Cholestech LDX, Alere Hba1c, Hitachi allergy and the procedures and maintenance as well. Sending out laboratory samples to a reference lab for verification with all the correct labels and requirements. Preform oral and urine drug testing for verification of control substances. Translate for the medical provider when needed and assist in minor procedure. I have 5 years experience in phlebotomy and am able to preform PPD testing. Additional task consist of Scanning important documents into patients chart, triage of patients and administer vaccines.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at St mary's medical clinic
- Sales Representative at Kimbrells Furniture
- Specimen Collector at Confirmatrix Laboratory
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Women's Hospital
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor degree - Major in Clinical Laboratory Technician
Performs laboratory tests on human plasma specimens and assists with validation of new assays and testing under the technical oversight of a clinical laboratory scientist.
• Conducts specimen testing for coagulation related disorders including hemostasis testing on BCS XP
• Supports clinical scientist in validation of ELISA antigen assay for clotting factor deficiency
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, and executes minor repairs
• Adheres to standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Esoterix
- Lead R&D Technologist (acting Lab Manager) at ADA CARBON SOLUTIONS
- Analytical Lab Technician at COORS BREWING COMPANY
- Glass Lab Technician at JOHNS MANVILLE TESTING CENTER
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Biology
• Assisting technicians in performing several clinical laboratory tests, including viral profiles, blood chemistries, liquid cultures, hematic biometries, and blood group testing.
• Clinical Rotations (Immunology, Hematology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Serology).
- CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN at HOSPITAL GENERAL DE CIUDAD JUAREZ
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT at UTEP
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Medical Laboratory Science
- BACHELOR'S OF SCIENCE - MICROBIOLOGY
QC control, proficiency testing, maintenance on instrumentation, specimen collection, data entry, specimen processing, send-outs, microscopic examination of urine sediments, training other laboratory personal, notifying critical results to physicians when needed. Molecular diagnostics Film-Array Upper Respiratory Panel & Aries, Gastrointestinal pathogen panel. Urine drug screens. LCMS Polypharmacy Profile analysis.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Zion Laboratory Services
- Phlebotomist / Tech Plasma Processing at CSL Plasma
- at PROGRESO
- Head Chemist at Centro Regional de Tuberculosis Reynosa
10 months at this Job
Perform clinical duties including proper case documentation, hospital chart reviews, consults with hospital and other organizations associated with case, data entry, filing, packaging and shipping tissue. Effectively communicate with internal and external departments regarding logistics, case statuses and shipping arrangements. Perform technical procedures as trained, tissue evaluation, tissue preservation, etc. Make appropriate determinations based on donor, medical and body inspection information. Maintain laboratory including keeping a sterile environment and ordering supplies. Complete accurate tissue check-in, tissue labeling and serology ordering as needed. Observe strict confidentiality of donor and recipient information always. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Eversight
- Exam Prep Tutor at Huntington Learning Center
- Subject Tutor at Huntington Learning Center
- Private Tutor at Freelance
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Biology
- High School Diploma
uBiome is a fast-paced CLIA, ISO and CAP certified laboratory environment in the forefront of human microbiome research and clinical testing. Main duties included processing clinical samples and working with different teams to achieve fast turn-around times and high quality results.
• Illumina NGS Library Preparation
• Automated Liquid Handler Operation
• Agilent BioAnalyzer Proficient
• Procedure writing
• Reagent qualification
• SOP writing & editing
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at uBiome
- Genomic Laboratory Assistant at Ceres, Inc
- Herbarium Assistant at Christopher Lay - University of California
11 months at this Job
- Masters Degree - Biology
- Bachelor of Science - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Twenty years' experience of being a leader and a team player as Laboratory Assistant, Medical Assistant front and back office and Billing Department for an outpatient clinic and Medical Centers. I have strong technical skills and proficiency in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets. In addition, I have successfully provided support services for my co-workers when needed, as well as managing all office in other facilities. I would like to add I am very involved with my community helping out my Daughters School since they were in Pre-school. I'd like the opportunity to tell you more about my work experience and how my skill set could contribute to the successful day-to-day running of your facility In the Medical office Building. I'd be happy to supply strong references at your request. Thank you for taking time and courtesy in reviewing this material, and for your forthcoming response. Sincerely, Graciela Melendez Graciela Melendez Medical Assistant California Phlebotomy Certified
- Clinical Laboratory technician at St Mary Medical Center
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
Responsibilities Provides Pre-analytical, Analytical and Post-Analytical collection, processing, testing and interpretation of all laboratory samples. Adhere to the laboratory's Quality Control policies, documenting all QC activities. Result reporting and interpretation. Record maintenance. Perform all proficiency testing. Perform instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance on all instruments. Troubleshoot and resolve instrument and testing problems/issues. Adhere to all Quality Assurance policies, procedures and documentation. Maintain patient confidentiality and follows all HIPAA guidelines. Participates in training, skills development and regular continuing education opportunities.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at QuadMed/ Dow Family Health Center
- Sr. Technologist at LabCorp
- Sr. Technologist/Float at LabCorp
- Laboratory Coordinator at City of Beaumont Public Health Department
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician - Clinical Laboratory Science
Collects, processes, and may draw laboratory specimens. Performs simple routine duties specific to assigned section. Answers PEVCO tube system, receives specimens into the LIS, and delivers the specimens to the correct testing area in a timely fashion. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment (centrifuge, label printers, & laser printer). Orders laboratory supplies and maintains supply inventories as directed. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations. Maintains a clean, orderly work environment with regard to safety and biohazardous conditions. Reports unsafe or hazardous conditions. Monitors and retrieves messages from the Add-on line (voice mail) every two hours, and maintains the log of add-on information for verification. Participates in meetings, on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts. Performs other duties as assigned. Performs send out testing to reference laboratories and shared testing to other MedStar hospitals. Monitors pending log and mails reports as needed. Receives, accurately accesses, and delivers specimens according to established priorities, conforming to the procedures and within the given turnaround time. Reviews requisitions from Calvert Outreach ensuring that correct tubes were drawn and all requested tests were ordered. Screens visitors and telephone calls, takes messages, provides lab results and/or information, and refers calls as necessary. Spins blood every morning. Files serum in a well-organized manner, according to the last digit of the sample
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- INTERN PHLEBOTOMIST QUEST DIAGNOSTICS at
at this Job
- - Adult Education