illumina * Process saliva samples through multiple steps in order to isolate and amplify DNA for patient genotyping. * Prepared samples on various mediums. * Support Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) with analytic testing phase of patient genotyping. * Maintain and troubleshoot automated lab equipment through regular monitoring and maintenance. * Understand and adhere to HIPPA, OSHA, and EHS regulations
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Support Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS)
- Biomedical Information Specialist at Medical Science and Computing
- Pharmaceutical Information Specialist Intern at Medical Science and Computing
- Undergraduate Researcher at Virginia Tech
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
As a Clinical Laboratory Technician I am responsible solely for all of my Patient care, and ensuring that everyone has a positive and safe experience in the Laboratory. I practice safe and efficient collection of specimens from patients of all ages. I am responsible for the handling and preparation for testing of all specimens, and ensuring they are tested in an timely manner, I work with the Doctors and Medical Assistants to provide testing knowledge. Ordering supplies, stocking, and keeping all storerooms and equipments up to date are also part of my duties. Working as a team with the rest of the medical staff has been very important in providing our patients with a positive and wonderful experience.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Samaritan Health Services
- Sales Associate at I-Vape
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Healthcare
I worked as a Clinical laboratory technician and has gained knowledge even in Blood Bank technology. I worked even as a Biology teacher and inspired many a number of students successfully. i'm a hardworking person and having passion towards the work assigned to me. I'm a quick learner and can have interpersonal skill among the peer/group. At present I'm in U.S and can work on any Company/Organisation W2
- Clinical Laboratory Technician & 12Grade Teacher at Dr.Ramesh Cardiac & Multi speciality Hospital, Chigurupati Sri Krishnaveni(E.M)High School
17 years, 10 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Fisheries and Aqua Culture
- Master of Education - Education
- Master of Philosophy - Zoology
- Bachelor of Education - Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- Master of Science - Entomology
- Bachelor of Science - Botany, Zoology, Chemistry
Assist licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) with automated sample processing procedures by performing
the following tasks:
• Preparing liquid handling robots (Tecan and Hamilton).
• Maintaining stringent standards of quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution.
• Performing equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's standard operating procedure.
• Accurately documenting and maintaining all records for equipment and instruments.
• Adhering to established quality control policies.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Illumina Genotyping Laboratory
- Dr. Macagno's Laboratory Manager at
- Research and Lab assistant at UC San Diego
- Mathematics Tutor and Teaching Assistant at Grossmont College
5 months at this Job
- B.S in Physiology and Neuroscience - Medical
- Associate Degree - Biological Sciences
Proper Real-Time and Conventional method PCR testing procedures.
● Performs manual extractions of DNA specimen based on TCI sheet marked for test specific results.
● Performs separation and purification of DNA and RNA test samples on Corbett Robotics 1820, Qia X-tractor
● Utilizes CAS 4200N/4800N Corbett Robotics to run test samples along positive control samples.
● Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, Borrelia lonestari, Helicobacter pylori virus, Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma pnuemoniae, Mycoplasma hominis Clostridium difficle, Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma, and C.parvum,
● SARS coronavirus (severe acute respiratory syndrome), WNV(West Nile Virus) SLE (St. Louis encephalitis virus), Dengue 1-4 virus, Norwalk (Norvovirus), Influenza A/B, HCV (Hepatitis C virus), HBV (Hepatitis B Virus), HBoV (Human Bocavirus).
● Tests conducted in electrophoresis gel: GBS (Group B Streptococcus), and MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
● Comprehensive knowledge utilizing Bio-Rad Bio-Plex 200 System and Software for Neisseria gonorrhoeae Antibiotic Resistance (NgonAbr) testing.
● Comprehensive knowledge utilizing Qiagen-PyroMark Q96 ID, Qiagen Pyromark Vacuum Prep Station and Pyromark ID 1.0 software for CoxsackieVirus, SCAnemia, Chlamydia trachcomatis Antibiotic Resistance (CtrachAbr), Klebsiella and H1N1 testing.
● Exhibits comprehensive knowledge of functional procedures, processes, and policies followed by SOPs (Standard Operations Procedures), and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices).
● Certified CAP (College of American Pathologists) laboratory Technician.
● Reports timely and accurate test results correlating to laboratory policies and procedures.
● Arranges, conducts tests, assays and other protocols under instruction of lab manager/researcher/scientist.
● Utilizes lab equipment and instruments, data entry of sample log, preparation of submission tables via MS word/excel.
● Completes routine laboratory procedures including preparation of various reagents, solvents, and arranging of chemicals.
● Routine record keeping of maintenance lab instruments, cleans and prepares dissolution baths and sonicators.
● Ensures all lab equipment and work area are clean, sterile and in proper working order.
● Proper chemical storage and disposal, adheres to safety procedures and participates in safety programs.
● Provide clinical leadership and serves as role model to all Clinical Laboratory Technicians.
● Provide direction to current tasks, projects and assignments with my clinical expertise into all aspects of workflow to enhance quantitative results.
● Ability to professionally complete tasks in a group setting and individual, enabling troubleshooting/problem solving capabilities.
● Attends required staff meetings.
● Attends staff training to keep current with changes.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Medical Diagnostic Laboratories
- VOLUNTEER at Foot and Ankle Institute Temple University School of Podiatry Medicine
- Administrative Assistant at Vadakara Internal Medicine Associates
- Laboratory Assistant at Trinity Washington University Science Lab Building
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- - Biology
Assist Clinical Laboratory Scientist by processing DNA samples for analysis. Notify Scientist if any of the DNA samples are compromised. Verify inventory to ensure reagents and supplies are fully stocked. Responsible for properly disposing of bio hazardous waste. Troubleshoot equipment for which quality control materials fail to perform adequately.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Illumina
- Seasonal Wildlife Rescue Technician at Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA
- Senior Pet Care Specialist at PetSmart
- Conservation Intern at Oakland Zoo
5 months at this Job
- BS - Biology with a concentration in Ecology and Evolution
• Answers telephone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner from patients and healthcare professions.
• Successfully troubleshoots clinical issues and educates others to help with further problems
• Strong team player who works with multiple departments and establishments to provide excellent patient care
• Accurately processes specimens according to established departmental procedures, including specimen triaging, routing, and storing.
• Adhere / Promotes department as well as corporate policies and procedures.
• Effectively demonstrates problem-solving skills.
• Ensures accurate sample order and patient identification.
• Proficient in laboratory information systems including Sunquest, Smarterm, Epic, ORCA.
• Efficiently prioritizes tasks and workflow needs.
• Substitute lead to fellow colleagues in Specimen Processing to help adhere department policies and procedures.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician 2 at University of Washington Medical Center
- Genetic Sequencing, Molecular Genetics & Fragment Analysis - Technician 2 at ARUP Laboratories
- Shift Supervisor at Starbucks
- Assistant Pet Groomer at The Pet Wash
3 years, 2 months at this Job
I was an international clinical lab intern in Vietnam to experience the clinical setting in a different social environment. There, I worked under several departments and was in charge of several responsibilities.
• Blood/Urine sample stocking, tracking, and storing
• Work with a team to prepare and run tests for at least 1200 patients every day
• Clean and restock instruments.
• Run analytical laboratory machines for biochemistry, immunology, and hematology
• Manual blood typing Ho Chi Minh, being the southern capital of Vietnam, is densely populated with people and the University of Medicine and Pharmacy is the most renowned hospital in the nation. People from all over the country travel to this hospital to be treated here and it proved to be a great endurance training because it had me on my feet 9 hours a day.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician Intern at University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Ho Chi Minh City
- Laboratory Assistant at Hunter Lab
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
-Participate in specimen testing according to established procedures working under the technical oversight of a clinical laboratory scientist -Perform and document preventive maintenance, make minor repairs and contact appropriate personnel for complex issues on laboratory equipment -Adhere to the standard operation procedures of the laboratory, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies -Document instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance. -Pipettes samples and reagents using calibrated and automatic syringes and dispensers -Records date of receipt and expiration of reagents, kits, controls, and standards used for assigned assays. -Develop an ever increasing understanding of laboratory medicine and the clinical significance of laboratory results.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Esoterix
- Specimen Accessioner at Labcorp
- Night Attendant at Extended Stay Hotels
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A - Biochemistry
• Report to CLS, Lead Laboratory Technician and Supervisor.
• Attend weekly lab meetings with Supervisor and Hospital-wide symposiums.
• Assist in training and educating peer level or lower level lab employees, new Pathology Residents, Physicians and Nurses.
• Perform various phlebotomy and blood gas techniques in the collection of venous and arterial blood specimens for Inpatients and Outpatients.
• Perform basic laboratory tests, record and report results.
• Ensure the accuracy of all data entry and processed specimens, both for in-house and referrals.
• Responsible for initiating or verifying that the correct action is taken to resolve all specimen collection and specimen processing problems.
• Review lab requisitions and collect pertinent clinical information from Physicians and Nurses.
• Accountable in prioritizing work in order to handle both STAT and routine specimens. Microbiology Lab:
• Specimen handling and processing.
• Perform a variety of both routine and complex clinical laboratory tests. Including, Inoculating specimens on designated agars to sustain suitable growth of bacteria, fungal, mycobacterium and other microorganisms. Prepare slides for Microscopic reading through gram staining techniques. Processing blood specimen for blood cultures and serology card testing. As well as, stat tests that include Rapid-strep and mono.
• Isolate and maintain cultures in regulated temperature incubators.
• Inoculating organisms for sensitivity results.
• Maintain laboratory supplies and inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Perform quality control and document QC for each lab procedure on a daily basis and follow up on issues.
- Clinical Laboratory Technician II/Certified Phlebotomist at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Field-Site Experience: at Carroll Park Foundation, Artifact Conservation Project: Work/Study Project for Summer Baltimore City Youth Works Program.
- Museum Internship at Fells Point Maritime Museum
- Field Archaeology Internship at Ramat Rahel
17 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Ancient Studies
- Associate of Arts - Arts and Science