• Exhibits ability to perform high complexity testing, interpret results, and identify situations for repeat testing or recollection.
• Responsible for teaching basic theory, technical skills, and application of laboratory test procedures and equipment to new employees and to students from Laboratory Science, Pathology, Pharmacy, and Infectious Disease.
• Identifies and isolates pathogenic organisms from patient specimens to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• Performs and interprets the results of antimicrobial susceptibility tests to aid in the specific selection and management of the antibiotic most appropriate for treating a person's infection.
• Uses independent judgement and comprehensive knowledge to develop data that physicians may use to determine the presence and extent of disease.
• Performs, evaluates, and records all appropriate quality control for media, reagents, instruments, and equipment.
• Interprets complex written instructions to use, validate, calibrate, monitor quality control systems, identify malfunctions, make repairs, and perform preventative maintenance on laboratory instruments.
• Responsible for performing and documenting personnel competency assessment to ensure that the laboratory personnel have the skill, knowledge, and experience to perform their duties accurately.
• Able to effectively communicate, consult, educate, and interact with other members of the healthcare team.
• Provides professional and courteous customer service to both internal and external healthcare professionals and answers inquiries regarding test results, methodology, and specific factors that may influence test results.
- Clinical Microbiologist, MLS (ASCP) at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory Assistant at Aurora Diagnostics Bernhardt Laboratory
- Volunteer Coordinator at Good Samaritan Health Centers, Inc. - Wildflower Clinic
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Medical Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Biology/Chemistry
Identify the commonly seen aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms seen in the lab by colonial morphology on different media and by knowing key biochemical reactions important in their identification for the urine, MRSA and VRE surveillance, PCR for enterovirus and stool bench. Evaluate specimen slides for bacteria, yeasts, fungi and blood parasites by gram stains, and special stains. Distinguish normal flora from respiratory pathogens and stool benches. Perform oxidase, catalase, coagulase tests, CAMP, PYR, and agglutination test when appropriate. Perform Kirby Bauer susceptibility testing when needed. Work up questionable stool isolate from primary media to KIA, LIM and Urea media Perform oxidase and indol test on isolate in question from stool set up Identify respiratory pathogens obtain via MICRO SCAN WALK AWAY and/or Maldi-Tof for identification. Perform weekly QC for Micro Scan and plates, disk and reagent in the lab. Provide consultation to requesting clinicians as well as medical technologists
- Clinical Microbiologist Scientist at UCSF Children's Hospital Oakland
- Clinical Microbiologist Scientist at Sutter Health Mills-Peninsula Hospital
- Lead Laboratory Technician at San Francisco City and County
- Molecular Microbiologist at California Dept of Public Health Laboratory
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Chemistry
- Associate of Science degree - Biological Science
Research has included work in laboratories during rotating night and weekend shifts Understand and utilize petri dishes, test tubes, reagents and culture media, optical and electron microscopes, centrifuges and gas chromatographs are also used. Clinical microbiologist duties include assisting professor and graduate students in diagnosing illnesses of cells. Testing food samples for potential food poisoning agents.
- Member at ACS Chemistry Club
- Math Department Office Secretary Assistant at Dr. Livingston coordinated
1 year at this Job
- - Microbiology
• Conduct immunological assays
• Isolate and identify pathogens from patient samples;
• Conduct antimicrobial susceptibility testing on isolates
• Communicate with Clinical Microbiologist the results of identification and testing
• Manage internal databases
• Perform sterility techniques, disk diffusion, PCR, antibiotic sensitivity testing, and plate streaking
• Train researchers on laboratory techniques
• Maintain laboratory integrity and quality
- Technician I Texas A&M University at Small Animal Clinic
- Personal Care Attendant at Employee OHS Community Services
- Student Volunteer Veterinary Pathobiology at Texas A&M University
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Biomedical
Independently performs scientific analyses (i.e. BAM phosphatase and Staphylococcus enterotoxin) and tests on a broad range of official and imported samples submitted to SRL field laboratory. Special analyses - Hepatitis A and Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) performed by qPCR. Responsible for independently selecting established methods to carry out the analyses to make determinations for regulatory monitoring and enforcement purposes. The assignments typically consist of applying established technology in routine ways to well-defined and moderate sized projects. May also work in support of larger projects. Plans and carries out routine assignments. When applicable, select and make minor adaptations to methods, accepted practices, and handles unexpected conditions arising in the normal course of the work. Develop new and modify current bacteriology method(s). Prepares scientific reports identifying the sample and the findings, plus stating the methods used, any method modifications including validation and result(s). Prepare media and reagents for analyses when required. When required, accompany investigator(s) to inspect food manufacturers' to assist, observe, and evaluate manufacturing processes, practices, and conditions. If necessary, collect of samples for testing. Microbiology QA Monitor of DIW Reverse Osmosis Unit System - daily function checks, monthly maintenance, troubleshooting, Microbiology DIW Purity Monitor - perform Quarterly Microbiology Sterility Testing of Deionize Water (DIW). Perform Bi-annual DIW Inhibition testing. Bacteriological Analytical Manual (BAM) review and revisions. Performed Food Emergency Response Network (FERN) Proficiency Testing (PT) for Listeria monocytogenes. Instrumentation Operation: 1) Vidas - antigens detection of foodborne pathogens (Salmonella species and Listeria monocytogenes). 2) Vitek2 - identification of foodborne pathogens (i.e. Salmonella species, Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aures, Escherichia coli, Yeast, Mold, etc). Instrumentation Training: 1) Cepheid Smart Cycler and Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast - utilized for qPCR analysis. 2) Pathatrix Auto, KingFisher96, and Dynal Bead Retriever systems - utilize for DNA Extraction. Method Development and Validation: bioMerieux Vidas MALDI TOP MS Acting Microbiology Supervisory (AMS) duties: Responsible for the technical and administrative supervision of an assigned unit conducting regulatory analyses. Allocates and adjusts resources in response to workload and priority changes. Communicate program and management goals to staff, identifies targeted results, and monitors time frames, etc.
- Food Microbiologist at Food and Drug Administration
- Clinical Microbiologist at Grady Memorial Hospital
- Clinical Microbiologist at Northside Hospital
- Lead Research Specialist at Winship Cancer Institute
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Biological Sciences
Gram stain reading, plate reading, antibiotic susceptibility, rapid antigen testing, bacteriology, mycology, quality control, Bactec FX, Cepheid GeneXpert (molecular diagnostic system), BD Phoenix Identification and Susceptibility testing system, MALDI-TOF.
- Microbiologist Position, BestCare Laboratory Services at BestCare Laboratory Services
- Medical Technologist at Matagorda Regional Medical Center
- at Clinical Practicum, Matagorda Regional Medical Center
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate - Clinical Laboratory Science-Microbiology
- Bachelor's - Anthopology
2012- present LRGH Healthcare, Laconia NH
• Managed staff of 25 employees across 4 locations and 6 work areas
• Managed all aspects of preanalytical testing for 2 hospitals
• Responsible for all inspections through various agencies for Certification
• Established ISO 9001 compliance through DNV
• Cerner Super user and Subject Matter Expert
• Responsible for building and implementing Cerner LIS upgrade for Project Phoenix
• Produced and maintained all policies and procedures
• Hiring, discipline and performance evaluations
• Worked with directors throughout hospitals and off sites on projects to improve processes
• Provided Monthly educational talks to new nursing staff
• Technical resource for hospital
• Responsible for process improvement regarding customer service issues.
• Maintained all training for staff CLAs and Phlebotomist · Certified to ship division 6.2 infectious substances · QA projects to monitor and improve results · Troubleshooting difficult issues to determine root cause and implement solutions. Bench level
• Clinical Microbiologist- Planting, Gram stains, Reading plates, Strep screens. Legionella antigen, Giardia cryptosporidium antigen, C. diff testing, Flu testing, Wet preps.
• Core 1 Technologist – Biosite triage meter, Differentials, Siemens XT 2000 and 4000 analyzers. Body fluid analysis.
• Core 2 Technologist- Coagulation testing on Siemens CA650 and 1500, FFN, Urinalysis, HIV testing, Mono testing, and Pregnancy testing.
• Core 3 Technologist- duties include all aspects of running Siemens Vista 500 analyzer, acetones and ISTAT.
• CPR instructor
• Hand hygiene trainer 2006-2012 Concord Hospital Laboratory, Concord NH
• Performance, reporting and documentation of test results and QC in Point of Care Lab.
• Technical resource for Doctors and Medical Assistants for Clinical Laboratory information.
• Coordinate, train and maintain competencies for over 30 Medical Assistants.
• Coordinate Training of CLAs
• In charge of send outs, in-house processing, floor phlebotomy, ED phlebotomy and outreach processing.
• Troubleshooting and problem resolution for all specimen issues.· Follow-up and resolution of Lab processing issues.
• Trained in shipping biological substances Division 6.2.
• Processing of specimens for in-house outreach and send-outs testing.
• Maintain competencies in adult, pediatric and infant venipuncture.
• Hiring and management of employees
• Coordinates schedules and work blocks
• Performed online ordering to maintain optimal stock levels for department. 2005 -2006 New England Equine Medical And Surgical, Dover NH
• Performed clinical chemistry, hematology, blood banking, microbiology
• Quality control
• Trouble shooting and repair of surgical and diagnostic equipment
• Inventory control and purchasing for entire hospital
• Maintenance of equipment
• Stocked Initial inventory for newly built hospital with goods, equipment and instruments.
• Department head supervisor 1995 - 2005 Rochester Equine Clinic, Rochester NH · Purchasing agent · Performed Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Cytology and Hematology · Managed all aspects of Veterinary clinical pathology reference laboratory · Involved in weekly meetings for management of facility · Trade shows · Troubleshooting and repair of analyzers and medical equipment. 1992 - 1995 Path Labs Inc., Rochester NH Medical Technologist · Phlebotomy for legal blood alcohols · Performed clinical pathology testing, working independently in Microbiology, Clinical Pathology, Blood banking and Hematology. · Controlled all laboratory aspects on third shift. · Quality control
- Laboratory Section Head at LRGHealthcare
- Hand hygiene trainer at Concord Hospital Laboratory
- Department head supervisor at New England Equine Medical And Surgical
- Medical Technologist, Generalist/ Purchasing agent/Biomed/ Inventory control at Rochester Equine Clinic
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science - Board Certified Medical Technologist
Performing routine bacteriology including anerobic and aerobic Micro testing Capable of running all stat tests that are applied in hospital settings. Well versed in Verigen , Vitek and Trek methods of susceptibility and identification .
- Clinical Microbiologist at Providence-Tarzana Medical Ctr-Er
- Clinical Microbiologist at
23 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Microbiology
Duties include strategic development and expansion of psychiatric service buisiness lines across the company; directs and oversees clinical policy development and execution to maintain compliance with governing healthcare agencies; work to enhance quality improvement initiatives without compromising cost-effectiveness; directs and develops educational programs for clinician learning; develops treatment protocols and manages physician compliance with gold-standards of care; works in an interface between hospital CMO's, VPMAs and CNOs to guarantee quality delivery of services while fostering collaborative working relationships to serve in contract retention; Create an environment that fosters physician and staff collaboration to enhance revenues, control costs, manage utilization, develop new programs, and continuously improve clinical quality customer service and overall performance; direct processes for recruitment strategies; periodically review and direct guidelines for optimization of practice management; served as a representative of the company for sales meetings
- Axis Healthcare Group, Vice President of Clinical Affairs at Axis Healthcare Group, a Mindoula Affiliate
- Chairman of Psychiatry at Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Medical Director of Behavioral Health at Southen Maryland Hospital Center
- Medical Director of Outpatient Services at Axis Healthcare Group, a Mindoula Affiliate
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Medicine
- Doctorate of Medicine - Preventative Health
- Master's of Public Health - Biology
Processes sample tests in some technical areas; under the supervision and direction of a medical technologist performs test processing in certain areas of the clinical lab which may or may not include the following: running specimens through the automated hematology analyzer, processing blood cultures on the BACTEC Clinitek automated analyzer, and performing urine dipstick cultures on the AMES Clinitek automated urine analyzer; other various duties in microbiology which may include (in addition to routine culture setup) and preparation of samples for Ova and Parasite Studies, overseeing rotation of stored patient samples (blood); researches specimen requirements for reference labs and arranges for critical specimen handling and complex transportation arrangements when needed; oversees processing and handling of all patient specimens as they are received in the Laboratory; prepares laboratory test requisitions for outpatients from physician orders using addressograph cards prepared outpatient registration; oversees washing of lab glassware; assists other laboratory personnel as workload permits; consistently determines proper priorities when organizing daily tasks and is able to adjust schedule in view of STAT's, out-patients, and time draws; organizes own work for effective utilization of time; refers to appropriate policy and procedure processes all laboratory test requisitions and specimens quickly, efficiently, and appropriately; demonstrates competence in all aspects of the job, with emphasis on blood samples, blood cultures, referral tests, specimen requirements; demonstrates loyalty and teamwork both in the Laboratory and inter-departmentally; performs duties as assigned.
- Laboratory Assistant at Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical Laboratory
- Client Services Assistant/Laboratory Personnel at Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical Laboratory
- Office and Project Manager at Tuttle Engineering
- Assistant Civil Engineer at Tuttle Engineering
1 year at this Job
- Post-Baccalaureate - Medical Laboratory Science
- Some Graduate Work - Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Transfer - Health Science