for Critical Care Responsible for conceptualizing a comprehensive curriculum, designing impactful assignments, and providing constructive feedback on submitted work to enhance staff learning experience. Educate staff on useful techniques that can be applied on the job and encourage staff to utilize critical-thinking, problem-solving strategies based on nursing theory. Additional Key Responsibilities: * Instruct on best medical, evidence-based practices, and policy and procedures to properly prepare staff for the care of patients' status post cardiothoracic surgery * Education includes caring for patients on ventricular assist devices such as ECMO, Impella, TandemHeart, HeartMate II and III, Heartware and the intra-aortic balloon pump. This education includes caring for patients on other lifesaving devices such as continuous renal replacement therapy, ventilator therapy, targeted temperature management and hemodynamic monitoring. * I participate with the other RWJ Medical Centers in teaching the critical care course and provide other learning experiences based on learning needs assessments and from staff's requests. * Participate on a number of hospital committees for quality improvement * Maintain unit-specific nursing competencies which includes both didactic and hands-on to provide a more thorough learning experience. * Assess teaching methods, identify areas in need of improvement, and adjust appropriately for optimal retention. * Use a variety of teaching styles to facilitate learning and determine methods that fit their needs. * Encourage staff to review content and come to class prepared to engage in meaningful discussions. * As a Clinical Nurse Specialist and educator, I place an emphasis on problem-solving, independent thinking and individual accountability to empower staff and nurse leaders to fulfill their learning needs and prepare them to lead in health care.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Adjunct Professor of Nursing at WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY
- Nurse Educator - Intensive Care Unit at ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM - CHILTON MEDICAL CENTER
- CTCU Assistant Nurse Manager at WESTCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Diploma - Nursing
250 hours (In progress) Worked with the Clinical Nurse Specialist who oversaw the heart transplant and cardiac unit in addition to the kidney/lung transplant and vascular unit. Audited care plans and performed patient assessments to prevent central line/PICC line infections, CAUTIs, and pressure injuries.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Practicum II at Stanford Hospital
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Practicum I at UCSF Medical Center
- Capstone Practicum Nursing Student at Stanford Health Care
- Medical Social Worker at Health Services Agency Care Team
3 months at this Job
- MSN - MSN and BS, Nursing
- master's in nursing program - Teaching Assistant
- BA - Cultural Anthropology
- - Education
- - Education
San Francisco, CA June 2018 - December 2018 - 500 hrs San Francisco's only children's hospital is home to advanced technology and world-class physicians, with more than 150 experts in 50 different specialties. The PICU provides extraordinary high-level care for children who require continuous monitoring. The unit has 16 beds for infants and children suffering from a MISSION variety of conditions or recovering from surgery. - Analyze patient data and outcomes to implement practice improvements Improve the health and - Establish collaborative relationships within and across departments that promote patient safety, happiness of the community through quality care, education, culturally competent care, and clinical excellence. and research. - Engage health professionals in applying the principles of evidence-based care. - Use coaching and advanced communication skills to facilitate the development of effective clinical teams. - Use quality monitoring data to assess the quality and effectiveness of clinical programs in
- Student Clinical Nurse Specialist at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco
6 months at this Job
- MS - Nursing
- BS - Animal Biology
- - management
Perform clinical apheresis procedures autonomously in hospitals, inpatient and outpatient settings, often on emergency and on-call, rotating schedule basis. Procedures include plasmapheresis, erythrocytapheresis, plateletpheresis, leukapheresis and hematopoietic progenitor cell collection (HPCs) while ensuring safe and appropriate care of patient. Continuous mononuclear cell collection (cMNC) for pharmaceuticals companies for commercial use and for clinical trials. Coordinate closely with physicians, nurses and hospital administrators at a variety of medical centers to arrange therapeutic apheresis treatments and facilitate coordinated care. Advocate for and educate patients, their families, and hospital staff about apheresis procedures and the effect it will have on the disease processes and patient care. Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis; include patient interviews, medical history, laboratory test results and other clinically significant procedures prior and during procedures while utilizing nursing process. Evaluate patient medication for compatibility and safety of apheresis procedure and determine when to contact the physician. Obtain venous access by venipuncture or access via central venous catheter. Document and comply with all organizational policies, SOP, FACT standards, SQUIPP, CFR, OSHA, HIPPA, cGMPs and cGTPs and other applicable federal, state and local regulations. Complete and demonstrate all competencies for each job function. Administrative responsibilities include: billing, chart reviews, preventing and reviewing compliance issues. Perform preventative maintenance and QC on equipment, maintaining supplies and assure that equipment is in a state of readiness. Train and mentor new staff members and educate existing staff members on newest techniques and research. Generate weekly patient reports and responsible for creating and maintaining the on-call schedule.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at American Red Cross
- Registered Nurse at Fresenius Medical Care
- Registered Nurse at Weymouth Dialysis - DaVita
- Registered Nurse at Good Samaritan Medical Center
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Communications
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients within the Skilled Nursing Setting as a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provider. Report to physician and clinical supervisor. Perform APRN duties according to clinical guidelines. Client population consisting of adults, commonly with chronic illness exacerbation or chronic illness complications underlying recent loss of functionality requiring rehabilitation. Experience in caring for patients with Stroke, Amputation, Respiratory Disease, Chronic Illness Myopathy, Spinal Surgeries, and various Orthopedic surgeries. Experience in utilizing a variety of database applications and sources including Medscape and UpToDate to maintain proficiency with current practice guidelines.
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist at Austin Diagnostic Clinic
- Staff Nurse at Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital
- Hospital Educator, Employee Health Nurse at HealthSouth
- Clinical Nurse Specialist - Med at Surgical Unit
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor - Arts, History
- Bachelor of Arts - Archeological Studies
• Develop, execute, and oversee policies and procedures; continuously assess and implement process improvements while maintaining compliance to regulations.
• Collaborate with Nursing Leadership to identify educational/developmental opportunities for clinical nursing staff.
• Participate with Essentia Health System level initiatives
• Routinely assess clinical staff knowledge, skills, and adherence with evidenced based nursing care.
• Active Member of St. Mary's Medical Center Sepsis and Suicide Prevention Committees, and; Essentia Health Hospital Opioid Management Committee
• Current Process Excellence Co-Chair, Care of the Deceased Patient
- CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST at Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center
- DIRECTOR OF NURSING-PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES at Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center
- DIRECTOR OF NURSING at Essentia Health, St. Mary's Hospital Superior
- CLINIC MANAGER at Essentia Health Duluth Clinic
10 months at this Job
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Nursing
- Masters of Art - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Bachelors of Art - Registered Nurse
• APRN for 5 Units: Coronary Care, Medical, Neuro Trauma, Surgical Trauma, and Burn ICU's
• Advisor to hospital and unit based: Professional Nurse Councils (PNC) Magnet council, Pressure Injury Prevention, Safety and Quality, product Medical Value Analysis, Critical Care Education Committee, Sepsis, Infection control, System Critical Care Nursing Council, Adult Central Campus Multidisciplinary Critical Care Committee
• Chair of Organ Donation Committee and Gift of Life Liaison
• Implemented several hospital wide evidenced based initiatives
• Identified clinical care gaps, threats to optimal critical care outcomes and action plan to improve
• Provided and coordinated monthly critical care education series
• Collaborated with all critical care service lines medical directors to improve patient outcomes
• Implemented and provided monthly medical ICU resident orientation program
• Provided placement and reading of annual TB and FLU for hospital employee compliance
• Implemented and lead MICU multidisciplinary rounds
• Participated in Hospital Survey readiness
• Lead Tier 3 unit level ICU huddles
• Developed Standardization of Critical Care Performance Improvement Strategies
• Lead Nursing community service projects: World Medical Relief, Gleaners Community Food Bank
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at Critical Care Medicine
- Registered Nurse Care Manager at Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Access Management Specialist at Detroit Medical Center
- Staff Registered Nurse at Detroit Medical Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nursing Adult Gerontology CNS and Nursing Education
- Graduate Certificate - Health Care Systems Teaching
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
Provide clinical leadership for telemetry and critical care areas. Function as interim director of nursing education department. Report directly to CNO
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at St.Francis Hospital
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Perform yearly assessments on patients. Assist other clinical with patient care. Medication Administration. Yearly competencies. Train new employees.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at Ejal Health Services
- Entered Care Management Department in November at St. Agnes Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - NURING
Responsible for advanced clinical educational activities that identifies and facilitates processes to address the learning needs of staff. Accountable for developing and monitoring standards, policies and procedures, and opportunities for staff development.
• Facilitates development and implementation of clinical standards, policies and procedures and communicates these specialty area
• Identifies and facilitates processes to address the learning needs of staff and coordinates plan for orientation to unit and educational needs.
• Serves as a resource regarding matters of clinical practice and significance to patient care.
• Conducts periodic follow-up with staff to address clinical career path.
• Serves on work team/task force
• Serves as resource to department leadership concerning JCAHO standards, including competencies, other quality issues.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at Huntsville Hospital
- Nurse Practitioner Student at
- Registered Nurse at Maury Regional Medical Center
- Charge Nurse at Crestwood Medical Center
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Post-Graduate Certificate - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Nursing