University Health Systems Augusta, Georgia - November 2013 - Present
As the Clinical Operations Manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing a department of of managing a department of over 24 personnel
• Building the morale for the purposes of increased tray production.
• Preparing the department for the 2014 Joint Commission visit; CSP passed inspection with no discrepancies.
• Managing the day-to-day-budget, and ordering both capital equipment and supplies
• Preparing payroll and tracking employee time
• Timely submission of reports, and conducting monthly perioperative meetings with the Director of surgical and fellow department heads
• Writing departmental policies and it relates to Ethylene Oxide, vendors tray submission, and IUSS procedures to follow.
• Attending routine Senior Leadership Meetings, and advising and counseling as needed with regards to IUSS and instrumentation needed.
- Clinical Operations Manager at Integrated Medical Systems Birmingham
- Manager at Emory Midtown University Atlanta
- Department Chair of the Surgical Technology and the Medical Assisting Program at Brown Mackie College
- Surgical and the Medical Assisting Extern Coordinator at BMC Event Committee, BMC's Tasks Force Committee
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Education & Training
Office Manager of only Elite Med from August 2018 to April 2019. Promoted to Clinical Operations Manager of both Elite Med and Barron Family Practice Clinic in April 2019 to Present. transactions, etc. knowledge and accuracy when working with the systems on a daily basis HIPPA protocol, harmful waste pick up services, Labcorp accounts with providers NPI integrated into the EHR system, etc. work environment reports per provider for weekly and monthly reports Medical Board and Nursing Board delegations, and successes to stay productive as a cohesive team each clinic in the community
● Oversee all clinical operations and supervise five providers and nine staff members at two separate locations
● Oversee credentialing and contracting with all insurance companies
● Interview and conduct training, implement clinical procedures, HIPPA, safety compliance for credit card
● Implement training courses through resources I found through our EHR systems to improve the staff’s
● Set up all accounts: phones, IVR systems, EHR systems, internet services, shredding services complaint with
● Oversee and assist with all medical supply orders and office supply orders
● Find quick and efficient resolutions to all issues within each clinic to maintain a consistent and successful
● Implement new report settings through the EHR to improve the accuracy of AR reports and patient number
● Monitor, edit, and complete payroll and Absence Reports for all staff at both clinics
● Successfully change supervising and back-up supervising physicians for mid-level providers with the
● Obtain individual Malpractice insurance for all providers
● Keep Business Licenses, CLIAs, and Contracts up to date
● Conduct bi-weekly team meetings at both clinics to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in
● Organize clinics and made changes to improve the clinic flow, appearance, and overall morale of each clinic
● Work daily in two separate EHR systems (Advanced MD and Kareo) Previously worked with IMS.
● Work with our Billing Manager and CEO to implement Athena as a new EHR system to be enforced in
● Oversee Marketing plans and meet with CEO frequently to ensure we have a loud and kindly known presence
● Work closely with the CFO to talk about financial needs of the clinic: Credentialing costs, equipment, marketing, supplies, etc.
Office Manager of only Elite Med from August 2018 to April 2019. Promoted to Clinical Operations Manager of both Elite
Med and Barron Family Practice Clinic in April 2019 to Present.
knowledge and accuracy when working with the systems on a daily basis
HIPPA protocol, harmful waste pick up services, Labcorp accounts with providers NPI integrated into the
EHR system, etc.
reports per provider for weekly and monthly reports
Medical Board and Nursing Board
delegations, and successes to stay productive as a cohesive team
in the community
- Clinical Operations Manager at RPI- Elite Med and Barrons Family Practice
- Office Administrator at River Valley Foot & Ankle Clinic, PLLC
- Server at McAlister's Deli
- Server at Garden Village Retirement Center
10 months at this Job
- - Medical
Complex Medical Conditions-TRS May 2010-Present
Area: Medicare, Medicare/Medicaid Duals, Commercial and External Line of Business
Multiple Positions Held: Clinical Operations Manager
• Provide leadership, administrative and management support, strategic planning and overall direction for Specialty Programs.
• Provide specialized knowledge and expertise to the team to ensure that clinical services are delivered at the highest standards of quality, efficiency and safety.
• Promote teamwork and a positive work environment for 21 Registered Nurses and Social Worker Case Managers.
• Ensure compliance with health, social care and/or pharmaceutical regulatory bodies as required.
• Build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote and raise awareness of business initiatives.
• Organize all aspects of clinical practice governance across areas of responsibility.
• Provide professional guidance and mentorship to clinical based and non-clinical staff.
• Manage escalations, complaints, safe guarding issues, urgent referrals and operational issues.
• Achieve financial and quality goals for membership enrolment.
• Involved in staff recruitment, coaching, development, corrective actions and succession planning.
• Represent the clinical department at external stakeholder meetings.
• Set standards for the delivery of health screening and health assessments to members of the general public.
• Ability to influence senior leaders and stakeholders to drive positive results.
• Systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action.
• Work closely with Executive Leadership, Implementation, Contracting, Network/Provider Relations, Account Management, Regulatory/Compliance, Quality, and Product on daily business initiatives.
• Serve as liaison between client and internal business leaders to ensure mutual understanding of operational needs and clear exceptions by all stakeholders
• Oversee standards/requirements and/or technical specifications/assessments/processes for CMS star ratings, ISO, URAC, NCQA, member satisfaction specifications and external client requirements.
• Establish reporting tools with the reporting analysts to ensure key metrics are captured and measured.
• Identify operational efficiencies to enhance operations, reduce operating costs, and standardize best practices across the organization.
• Participate in internal and external audits to ensure staff is delivering product sold.
• Ensure that process and procedures reflect current departmental/federal/state up to date for UM and CM requirements.
• Identify opportunities for development and expansion of enhanced or new services. Transplant Clinical Coordinator/Case Manager
• Provided RN case management and utilization management for all transplant (stem cell, solid organ, VAD, CAR-T) related services for UHC and external client memberships.
• Completed all require assessments and Plan of care and triage for medical barriers to care.
• Managed inpatient reviews by receiving periodic clinical information and ensure that it met Milliman and state/federal guidelines.
• Ensured that federal/state turnaround time and various policies and procedures were maintained.
• Communicated with the staff at the transplant facility and plan members coordinating care through the entire transplant process.
• Verified eligibility information and conducted research in order to educate members of potential barriers of care and establish a plan of care.
• Conducted education to the members to help them gain a better understanding of their benefits that are available such as medication, lifetime adherence, cost and compliance to treatment.
• Maintain frequent follow-up with the member and facility as member progressed through the process.
• Educated the members of Center of Excellence and the quality and expertise of services.
• Participated in presenting in client audits of transplant process.
• Ensured that the appropriate contracts were in place for claims repricing.
- Clinical Operations Manager at United Health Group
- Registered Nurse at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- at Emory University Hospital
- Legal Specialist/Executive Coordinator at United Parcel Service
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
The Clinical Operations Manager is responsible for daily operations for over 160 Nurse Practitioners in several states. This position works closely with clinical and operational leadership in ensuring client goals and business objectives. This position embraces continuous improvement, quality and timeliness, and is a change agent within the clinical field organization. Responsibilities/Duties * Manage daily clinical operations in multiple states * Review management reports to identify deviations from forecast * Evaluate regional staffing needs and key production metrics * Establish and implement company and regional policies and procedures
- Clinical Operations Manager- Northeast Region at Matrix Medical Network
- Operations Supervisor at McKesson Pharmaceutical
- Deputy Program Manager at US Investigation Services
- Senior Manager at US Investigation Services
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Social and Public Policy - Social and Public Policy
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Manage Sleep Center operations for multiple locations, sleep technologists, clinical technology (hardware/software), protocols and procedures, scoring programs and integration of these functions with daily clinical operations, revenue cycle management and business development.
● Collaborate with Medical Director, VP of Operations, Business Systems Manager and other operational leads and managers to accomplish a high level of communication and coordination of functions across the entire patient experience.
● Manage the Sleep Technology teams to include: measurement of service level outcomes for each team member, professional and team member training standards and skill development, application of new technology, management of team using QA based on established processes and programs (to include individuals who are full-time or prn sleep technologists performing outsourced or insourced sleep testing and scoring), provide HR support for team members including timesheet approvals, PTO approvals, team schedules and performance reviews.
● Develop and maintain patient care protocols for all Sleep Center activities and integrate these with other Clinical Operations across all other internal clinical services. Collaborate with the medical and operations teams to establish a continuous improvement program for technologists and to develop innovative services for patients, referring practices and unique business solutions to new challenges.
● Routinely inspect and manage facilities to comply with AASM, HIPAA and safety standards, and review the patient care experience to ensure patient-focused excellence.
● Manage patient flow through clinic, scheduling and testing.
● Maintain biomedical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's and AASM guidelines.
● Performs monthly calibration of PAP and check that the oxygen equipment is checked quarterly and maintains documentation of this.
● Performs monthly assessment all aspects of the lab including risk assessments, facility checks and equipment checks.
● Score and QA home sleep studies and in-lab sleep studies in compliance with AASM standards.
- Clinical Operations Manager at FusionSleep
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist at Emory Healthcare/SSA
- Deputy Head Clinical Physiologist at St. Georges Hospital
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - HE
- Bachelor's degree in Physiology - Physiology
Currently working as a clinical operations Manager at Jackson Memorial Hospital. support daily operations in preparation for surgeries. Monitor and provide support to decontamination area including prep and pack, clinics and outside departments. Provide Leadership base on team work environment, surgical consciousness, collaborations and respect. Responsive the OR's needs before, during and after surgery by making sure that trays are being reprocessed and delivered on time to support surgery. Monitor Emergency case carts and create check list and logs to make sure that emergency carts are properly manage and effectively monitored for patient safety. Provide feedback for processing improvement for quality control and quality assurance. Update and improve processes by providing training for decontamination, prep and pack including sterile storage.
- CLINICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER at STERIS
- MANAGER OF CENTRAL STERILIZING at STERIS
- WOODLAND HILLS MEDICAL CENTER SUPERVISOR at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician/per diem/CVOR Specialist at KAISER PERMANENTE
14 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Science - Surgical Technology
Attend functions in the community to promote our services Establish and maintain relationships with other providers and facilities for referrals Accurately maintain employee profiles
• Manage a staff of 12 employees between multiple office locations
• Ensure all clinical operations between all office locations run efficiently and effectively
• Provide training to new clinical staff on all policies and procedures
• Provide training to new physicians and therapists on electronic health records system
• Triage incoming phone calls and communicate with patients in a sensitive manner
• Work directly with billing department to verify insurance and obtain authorizations
• Assist practice owners to recruit and hire new employees
Attend functions in the community to promote our services
Establish and maintain relationships with other providers and facilities for referrals
Accurately maintain employee profiles
- Clinical Operations Manager at Connecticut Addiction Medicine
- Server at Holiday Pizza
- Pet Groomer at Fancy Feet
- Pet Groomer at Suds and Scissors
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Medical Assistant Certification
- GED - General Studies
for Lymphoid Malignancies (Hematology Oncology)
• Oversee daily operations in the Center for Lymphoid Malignancies
• Manage the clinical practice schedule and all operations pertaining to clinical activity and revenue cycle
• Manage all aspects of insurance participation and enrollment for physicians.
• Oversee practice flow and patient throughput to maximize efficiency.
• Oversee daily reconciliation process of orders entered by administrative staff
• Manage personnel issues, staff coverage where necessary and Payroll
• Work with 61st street Service Corporation Human Resources to address personnel issues accordingly
• Coordinates staff schedules, vacations, routine and emergency leaves with responsibility for training and coordinating personnel to ensure full staffing coverage.
• Onboard new employees
• Work with Practice Administrator to monitor compliance for Meaningful
• Code Chemotherapy administration and drug infusion using ICD-10 & procedure codes
- Clinical Operations Manager - Center at Columbia University Medical Center
- Practice Supervisor- Center for Lymphoid Malignancies at Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical Secretary - Center for Lymphoid Malignancies (Hematology Oncology) at Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical Secretary - Department of Rheumatology at Columbia University Medical Center
at this Job
- Master's Degree - Public Policy & Administration
- Bachelor's Degree - Public Administration
- Bachelor's Degree - Religious Education
- Associates Degree
- High School Diploma
Medstar Health, Baltimore Region - Franklin Square Hospital , Rossville Maryland, Union Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore Maryland Baltimore Region Clinical Operations Manager, Occupational Health July 2018 – Present Manage, plan, implement and direct medical services activities for the Associates of Baltimore Regional Medstar Hospitals Maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies for the State of Maryland Collaborates with OH leaders, Risk Management team and site Leadership to provide safe and appropriate OH services. Member of the Corporate Medstar Workplace Violence Committee and Local Franklin Square, Union Memorial and Good Samaritan Hospital Workplace Safety Risk Assessment teams. Reviews all claims at the local level with a multidisciplinary team to ensure appropriate safety standards are in place. Active member of the Medstar Baltimore Region Drug Diversion Prevention Oversight Committee to review all diversion cases and partner with the corporate team to develop standard process, procedure and policy systemwide Oversee the care coordination for all mental health and substance related fitness for duty assessments for Medstar Baltimore Region Partner with our EAP TPA for enhanced education and promotion for current EAP services for Medstar Baltimore Region Associates and Managers Partners with Medical Leave Department to Manage FMLA / ADAAA and Discretionary Leave Compliance program Coordinate with on-site leaders to review work-related injury data, implement initial injury investigations (event review) and plan strategies to prevent injury Partner with Corporate Occupational Health Services team to create and streamline Occupational Health policy and procedure systemwide for all 11 hospitals in Medstar System
Medstar Health, Baltimore Region - Franklin Square Hospital , Rossville Maryland, Union Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore Maryland
Baltimore Region Clinical Operations Manager, Occupational Health
July 2018 – Present
Manage, plan, implement and direct medical services activities for the Associates of Baltimore Regional Medstar Hospitals
Maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies for the State of Maryland
Collaborates with OH leaders, Risk Management team and site Leadership to provide safe and appropriate
Member of the Corporate Medstar Workplace Violence Committee and Local Franklin Square, Union
Memorial and Good Samaritan Hospital Workplace Safety Risk Assessment teams. Reviews all claims at
the local level with a multidisciplinary team to ensure appropriate safety standards are in place.
Active member of the Medstar Baltimore Region Drug Diversion Prevention Oversight Committee to
review all diversion cases and partner with the corporate team to develop standard process, procedure and
Oversee the care coordination for all mental health and substance related fitness for duty assessments for
Medstar Baltimore Region
Partner with our EAP TPA for enhanced education and promotion for current EAP services for Medstar
Baltimore Region Associates and Managers
Partners with Medical Leave Department to Manage FMLA / ADAAA and Discretionary Leave
Coordinate with on-site leaders to review work-related injury data, implement initial injury investigations
(event review) and plan strategies to prevent injury
Partner with Corporate Occupational Health Services team to create and streamline Occupational Health
policy and procedure systemwide for all 11 hospitals in Medstar System
- Clinical Operations Manager, Occupational Health Baltimore Region at MedStar Health
- Manager of Employee Health at Anne Arundel Medical Center
- CIS counselor at Union Hospital of Cecil County
- Occupational Health Nurse Manager at Union Hospital of Cecil County
11 months at this Job
- Masters of Management
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Overseeing and managing day-to-day clinical operations ensuring the needs of staff and patients are met
● Establish, track and maintain financial reports and goals for all five doctors in both locations exceeding annual sales of $5M
● Implement sales techniques to continuously succeed in meeting projected 5% monthly sales increases
● Coordinated the launch of the dry eye department generating a new profit center for the practice
● Grew revenue by 32% in the dry eye department in the past 24 months by initiating new marketing strategies
● Created sales program for Lipiflow procedures to incentivize technicians, as well as myself, to bring in more revenue from patients
● Assist in the performance of cataract, glaucoma and plastic procedures with a dynamic physician with over 30 years of surgical experience
● Supervise and manage the scheduling of in-office and outpatient surgeries including but not limiting to: IOL replacements, YAG capsulotomy, LASIK, PRK, corneal replacement, amniotic membrane allografts, blepharoplasty
● Create and distribute surgical informational packets to better educate patients on pre and post-operative protocol
● Carry out surgical consultations and pre-operative visits including but limited to: Auto refraction with keratometry, brightness acuity meter, A-scan ultrasound biometry, visual acuity, corneal topography, meibomian gland imaging, corneal pachymetry, goldmann IOP, fundus photography and ocular coherence tomography
● E-Rx pharmaceuticals on the behalf of the doctors for surgeries, diagnostics, infections and eye related diseases
● Follow up with patients the day after surgery to ensure no complications have occurred and post-operative guidelines are being followed
● Communicate closely with sales representatives from Bausch and Lomb, Alcon, Allergan, Johnson & Johnson, RPS, Haag-Streit, Sight Sciences, Ocusoft, Abbott, Shire, Zeiss, California Eye Instruments
● Market clinical services to outside Physicians including on site visits to Primary Care Physicians, Pediatricians, Dermatologists, Rheumatologists and Ophthalmic surgeons
● Supervise, train and monitor the performance levels of nine clinical technicians
● Coordinate monthly staff meetings to ensure execution of short and long term financial goals
- Clinical Operations Manager at Silicon Valley Eye Physicians
- Physical Therapy Assistant at Physical Rehabilitation Network
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences - Physical Therapy