In addition to Clinical Pharmacist functions detailed on prior positions listed below: -Worked with management to streamline pharmacy operations and transition from 24 hr to non-24 hr on-site pharmacy at contracted facility.
- Clinical Pharmacist at United HealthCare - Optum
- Clinical Pharmacist at Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Interim Assistant Director of Pharmacy at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services- Horizon Specialty Hospitals
- Clinical Pharmacist at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
9 months at this Job
- PharmD - Pharmacy
On February 27, 2018, he started working at the Sanoviv Medical Institute, with the post of Clinical Pharmacist. My corresponding activities are: prepare intravenous medications for patients, with sterile technique and as dictated by the intrahospital model for preparation of sterile mixtures, pharmacotherapy assurance per patient, development of standardized processes for the area and control of controlled drugs and antibiotics. Preparation of alternative medicines for the treatment against cancer and Lyme.
- CLINICAL PHARMACIST at Sanoviv Medical Institute
- CLINICAL PHARMACIST at EXCEL HOSPITAL
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - chemical
Clinical pharmacist at the acute hospital pharmacy and traveling pharmacist to different branches to help.
- Clinical Pharmacist at Baystate Medical Center
- Pharmacy Manager at VibraHealthcare Hospital
- Pharmacy Manager at Shoppers Drug
- Staff Pharmacist at CVS Pharmacy
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Worker - BASW
Clinical Pharmacist (contract) - Coverage Determination, 2018-Present Clinical Pharmacist (contract) - Medicare Part D Appeals, 2015-2016 · Reviews and completes requests from Cigna-HealthSpring members and clinic physicians for therapies requiring prior authorization. · Reviews Part D requests by applying utilization management criteria for internal Medical Director review. · Reviews Part D requests to ensure appropriate patient safety such as drug-drug interactions, drug-disease interactions, drug-age precautions, therapeutic duplications, and overutilization. · Collaborates with healthcare professionals and customers to ensure appropriate clinical data captured in review.
- Clinical Pharmacist at Cigna
- Pharmacy Manager at Walmart
- Clinical Pharmacist at Humana
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist (nights 7on-7off) at Saint Agnes Hospital
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
10000 Bay Pines Blvd. Bay Pines, FL 33744 United States 01/2019 - 02/2019 Hours per week: 40 Series: 0660 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 12 Clinical Pharmacist (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Processing and verification of inpatient orders, after evaluating for safety and appropriateness. Compounding and verification of sterile and non-sterile products. Responding to medical emergencies (codes, strokes, rapid responses). Collaborating with providers and ancillary medical personnel concerning treatment options for patients. Changing medication orders based on facility protocols, directives and pharmacokinetic criteria. Advising providers on recommendations to improve patient care, after review of the patient's medical record, based on drug interactions, lab values, side effects, or patient conditions. Documenting changes and recommendations in CPRS, in addition to completing consultation requests. Researching questions from providers. Responsible for patients in ER, ICU, SICU, Medical-Surgical, Domiciliary and CLC. Prescribing OTC products to outpatients. Direct supervision of pharmacy technicians and interns. Answering questions from Nurses about drug compatibilities, medication administration, and timing of doses. Also worked as an Outpatient pharmacist. Processed outpatient prescriptions, clinic orders, choice prescriptions (including checking with Tri-West for an active consult), and non-formulary requests while operating from the North Central Federal Clinic. Checked prescriptions for accuracy, and contacted providers for any clarifications. Recommended alternative therapy changes to providers based upon pharmacokinetic criteria, drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and financial considerations. Verified filled prescriptions and counseled patients. Supervisor: Carolyn Combs Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Clinical Pharmacist at Bay Pines VAMC
- Clinical Pharmacist at Cincinnati VA Medical Center
- Clinical Pharmacist at Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
- Pharmacist at Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital
1 month at this Job
- PharmD - Relevant Coursework
Fort Myers, FL Providing shared leadership and operational oversight for pharmacy team at family own/operated pharmacy. CLINICAL PHARMACIST (5/2017 to Present) Direct daily pharmacy operations, process and dispense medication prescriptions along with patient counseling and customer service. Conduct comprehensive pharmaceutical reviews to ensure medication adherence and optimal outcomes for patients with various chronic disease states. Clinical emphasis on Diabetes, COPD, Cardiovascular Disease and Chronic Pain management. Conduct MTMs and make recommendations to align with CMS 5 Star Rating, discuss and implement interventions with partnering physicians when appropriate. Analyze team performance and implement strategic initiatives, including quality assurance programs, patient outreach, and immunization clinics. Serve as patient advocate and educator, recommend OTC products as needed along with assisting in healthy lifestyle decisions. ♦ Reached alignment with regulatory standards through the implementation of a quality assurance plan, comprised of standardized prevention, detection, and documentation procedures. ♦ Increased patient medication adherence by assessing and aligning medication profiles to ensure proper dosage regimen, performing DUR and monitoring for possible drug interactions, along with syncing medication pick-up and education of adherence tools. ♦ Continuous gains in patient satisfaction by delivering one-on-one counseling services, ensuring patient's understanding of medication regimen, desired outcomes, and potential adverse reactions.
- CLINICAL PHARMACIST at Carrell Discount Pharmacy
- PHARMACY MANAGER / PHARMACIST at CVS Pharmacy
- PEDIATRIC NURSE at Great Lakes Home Healthcare Services
- Pediatric Nurse at Allcare Family Services Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - FL Pharmacist Consultant License
- Certificate - The Treatment of Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependencies
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Associates of Arts and Sciences - Arts and Sciences
Community - Out Patient Clinical Pharmacist:
• Performed and Supervised the pharmacy technician staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area.
• Entered and Verified orders entered by technician staff for accuracy.
• Processed third party insurance claims.
• Checked for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Checked for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
• Prepared and/or supervisied of sterile IV drug products or solutions, if required.
• Assisted in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
• Acknowledged of DEA and state law with regards to controlled drug ordering, dispensing and utilization of E-FORCSE data base.
• Utilized Electronic-Florida Online Reporting of Controlled Substances Evaluation program (E-FORCSE). E-FORCSE is Florida's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) for each patient's-controlled prescription and Have a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws
• Provided evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled rotation and as required by management.
• Followed all applicable state and government regulations including HIPAA.
• Current ACPE approved Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certified.
• Performed immunization and Patient Consultation.
• Checked and Dispensed New Prescriptions utilized auto-refill, web and Phone refill requests and received new prescriptions called in by doctor's offices. and outbound calling.
• Called/Faxed Doctor's offices for patient's refill request.
• Transferred in/out prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• Called insurance companies for patient insurance verification for their prescription coverage
• Evaluated physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Made recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
• ASCP, APhA approved MTM Certified. Maintained patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and Performed concurrent Medication Therapy Management Services (including over-the-counter and home remedies).
• Ensured that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team.
• Collaborated with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
• Performed and documented all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record.
• Maintained policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
• Obtained, as necessary, and maintained all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies.
• Filled and Informed documents the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors.
• Assisted staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
• Performed other tasks as assigned.
• Performed patient teachings on drug therapy.
• Ensured customer satisfaction; maintained working relationship with physicians and other health Care professionals.
• Dispensed prescribed medications, drugs, other pharmaceuticals accordance with State and Federal Regulations.
• Performed DUE medication check / patient profile maintenance / drug therapy with regards to patient and drug factors.
• Monitored appropriateness of drug therapy.
• Supervised of technical personnel. for Mixing, packaging and labeling medications.
• Complied with all record keeping requirements for controlled substances.
• Provided information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage.
• Maintained good Inventory control.
• Reinforced sanitation, security and safety guidelines within the pharmacy.
• Answered questions and interpreted symptoms of non-prescription customers; advise them on possible solutions
• Ensured effective non-prescription treatment through over-the-counter oral medications and/or topical ointments
• Completed pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Provided pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
• Complied with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration;
• Maintained records for controlled substances; removed outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervised the work results of support personnel; maintained current registration/licenses.
• Attended monthly Continues Quality Improvement -CQI meetings.
• Maintained safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Counseled patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
• Performed pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviewed, interpreted and accurately dispensed prescribed medications when required by workload.
• Ensured the pharmacy operated in accordance to regulations, company policies and standards. Assisted pharmacy manager with establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities and soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
• Maintained current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems, such as automation, pdx, global rph, to provided support to customers as well as pharmacy staff.
• Ensured the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Followed-up with insurance companies as well as medical providers and participated in 3rd party audit.
• Followed-up with medical providers' offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to suggested alternative medications, and answered medical provider questions.
• Performed retail, clinical, and wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness and other preventive healthcare services.
• Developed and maintained good relationships with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Community Out patient / Clinical- Pharmacist at HCC- Pharmacist Staffing Agency
- Consultant Pharmacist at Independent Contracting Consultant Pharmacist Services
- Clinical Pharmacist at Omnicare Pharmacy
- PRN Pharmacist at Winn Dixie Pharmacy
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy - Nuclear Pharmacy Specialty and Radionuclide Methodology Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Molecular Biology / Microbiology - Chemistry and Molecular Biology / Microbiology
A seasoned clinical pharmacist with over 20 years of patient medication management, and project and quality assurance management responsibilities. A demonstrated broad skillset related to balancing patient clinical, regulatory, project management and financial goals as well as quality outcomes through proven collaboration with matrix teams within the previous organizations worked.
- Clinical Pharmacist at New England Sinai Hospital
- Independent Clinical Consultant Pharmacist at Your Parents Meds LLC
- at Univ of Connecticut Health Center
- at Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
10 months at this Job
- BS - Pharmacy
Fairfax, VA- August 2002-Present
• Clinical Pharmacist Responsible for Trauma Intensive Care Unit Rounds, Multidisciplinary Rounds, Pharmacy 1st responder to MSET (medical surgical emergency team) code, digoxin therapeutic level monitoring, anticoagulation of Lovenox and Coumadin monitoring, Coumadin and Tikosyn counseling, antimicrobials stewardship and pharmacokinetic dosage and therapeutic levels monitoring and interventions, expensive and non-formulary medications (Albumin, IVIG, GCSFs, ESAs, Tovaptan) length of usage monitoring, antimicrobials and Lovenox renal dose adjustment, cost savings and cost effectives by therapeutic interchange, converting IV to po medications.
• Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist Responsible for providing pharmacy services to Hematology/Oncology inpatients and infusion clinic patients by accurately performing chemotherapy order entries using Pyxis Connect, GECE/IDX, recently Willow Epic System and ensuring safe, appropriate chemotherapy dosages, regimens and support medications of anti-emetic and GCSFs, as well as electrolytes and hydration. Also, apply appropriately INOVA Fairfax Hospital chemotherapy dose rounding protocol of expensive formulary and non-formulary chemotherapy medications for cost savings and cost effectives.
• TPN Pharmacist Responsible for daily monitoring the patient nutrient requirement goals of electrolytes and calories intake to assure the appropriate dosage amount and compatibility of the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrate, lipid and the micronutrients of electrolytes, mineral, trace elements, and vitamins in the central and peripheral of total parenteral nutrition mixture for critically ill, surgical bowel dysfunction, oncology, OB/GYN, Pediatric, and NICU patients as well as processing physician TPN orders accurately in Willow Epic System. Critical Care/Heart and Vascular, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN Pharmacist Responsible for providing pharmaceutical care to Emergency Department, Critical Care, Heart and Vascular, Adult Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, OB/GYN, and general Pediatric patients in the 800-900 beds of tertiary/level 1 trauma care, cardiovascular, women and children, medical surgical hospital facility. Interacting with nursing and medical staff on regular basis, providing drug information, guidance to optimize drug therapy, and maximize outcomes. Ensure safe, appropriate, cost effective medication therapies for patients according to INOVA Fairfax Hospital established policies, procedures, and protocols. Perform medication order review, order entry and verification using GECE/IDX, Willow and Beacon Epic Systems for appropriate drug dosing and therapy, monitoring of drug compatibilities, interactions, side effects, alternative drug therapy suggestions. Participate to MSET code for Adult Patient population. Collaborate with nursing and medical staff to reconcile medication profile upon admissions, transfers, and discharges.
• IV Admixture Pharmacist Contribute to the quality and effective operation of the pharmacy department by assuring sterile preparation and accurate dispensing of all IV admixture medications including chemotherapy and clinical trial medications by compliance with all USP 797, Medicare, and JCAHO regulations. Proficiency in operating information systems including clinical information systems of Micromedex, UptoDate, LexiComp, GlobalRPh, Chemoregimen, Pyxis Connect database, GECE/IDX database, Willow & Beacon Epic database, automated dispensing systems of Connect Rx, Med Carousel, PacMed, SureMed, Omnicell, McKesson, Accudose and narcotic vault management systems of Mckesson and Connect Rx.
- Clinical Pharmacist at INOVA Fairfax Hospital
- Pharmacy Manager at Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Staff Pharmacist at Eckerd Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Intern at Temple University Hospital
16 years, 7 months at this Job
- BS - Pharmacy
Currently working with Amerisource Bergen Speciality Group(ABSG) as a clinical pharmacist(IV Certified) with its speciality pharmacy group-US Bioservices Responsibilities includes: ♦ Optimizes patient medication therapies by providing comprehensive clinical pharmaceutical care. ♦ Works collaboratively and cooperatively with pharmacy, nursing, administration and medical staff to ensure safe and cost-effective management of the medication use process. ♦ Helps lead patients’ medication therapy management (MTM) teams by counseling patients on critical factors that include: dosage, duration, conditions, adverse events, drug interactions, monitoring parameters. ♦Reviews patient’s complete medication profile prior to dispensing medication as part of medical therapy management. Including ICD-9 codes ,medical history/allergy details ,patient vital stats such as weight ,height ,BSA and age. ♦ Uses tools to monitor and improve adherence, may offer more extensive and recurring educational and counseling sessions to improve patients’ understanding and adherence of their therapy regimen, and may provide resources for additional financial and emotional support. ♦ Effectively communicate with prescribers and patients to ensure optimum care. ♦ Specialities includes DUR and medication therapy management in Oncology, Multiple Sclerosis, Growth Hormone therapy, Biologics , RSV therapy, Transplant, Inflammatory conditions and Infectious diseases. ♦ Responsible for working on cross functional teams working on new program/service development ♦ Facilitates the communication and education to clients, and internal staff regarding clinical daily issues and objectives. ♦ Attends client meetings and actively participates or leads as necessary. ♦ Recognize a diversity of problem-solving skills and how they can lead to better solutions. ♦ Responsible for staying current with clinical literature and guidelines.
- Clinical pharmacist at Amerisource Bergen Speciality Group
- Staff and Pharmacy Manager at CVS Caremark
- Staff pharmacist at Wal-Mart Pharmacy
- Asst.Pharmacy Manager at Kroger pharmacy, TN
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Pharmacy
- High School Diploma