While at Akin Furniture i have 0 AutoCad and the related RouterCim programming software as well as the CutRite optimization software. I started in the engineering department but my aptitude for machinery and CNC knowledge was quickly noticed and i have been promoted to CNC manager, where i oversee production, supervise seven men and machines, facilitate workflow, expedite parts handling and generally improve processes. In my first two months as CNC supervisor i decreased waste by 50% simply by training our Komo operator how to properly touch off his tooling to improve suction on spoilboard. During my time at Akin furniture I have cut waste 50% by taking the initiative to train our operators on the proper way to maintain the machine's spoilboards, which led to a promotion from engineering to CNC supervisor. As supervisor I have been able to cooperate directly with our operators to create a much more streamlined atmosphere in the CNC department, benefiting not only the CNC department but the other departments as well, by;
• Designing a spoilboard system that better fits the company's needs
• Properly training our operators on setup practices and machine maintenance
• Cross training our operators to run multiple machines to fill gaps in production created by tardy or absent employees.
- CNC Supervisor at Akin Furniture
- CNC Machinist/Programmer at Plasmacoatings
- CNC Operator/Programmer at Mark's Machine
- CNC Operator/Programmer at Strong Mfg.
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Some college
• Started off cutting up and repairing wrecked Cars.
• Delivered chassis to NASCAR teams driving a dully pulling a 28' gooseneck trailer
• Worked in shipping and receiving, packaging and making shipping labels.
• Welding up parts up for chassis
• Started working in the machining room by 2010
• Operating HAAS and Cincinnati CNC mills and lath.
• Load programs into machines
• Set up fixtures and vises
• Put together tools into holders and set tool lengths
• Set offsets inside machine
• Proof out parts by reading drawings and measuring with calibers and micrometers.
• Became CNC Supervisor in 2015
• Deciding what machines needed to run what jobs
• Overseeing 6 employees
• Making sure all jobs are done by deadline and quality is good
- CNC Supervisor at Ortec Machining
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school Diploma
CNC Mill Supervisor
- CNC Supervisor at Southern Precision Inc.
- Plumber /Supervisor at Cimmaron Underground
- CNC Set Up - Lead Supervisor at Twin Oaks Industries
- C.N.C. set-up /Operator at Penrose Machining
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Machine Tool Technology
I started on utility and was there for about 6 months then I got a CNC bid where I was training for about 6 months and took it upon myself to learn how to program in G&M code after that I was the first and last person to ever get topped out early in the CNC classification and from there I continued to be lead operator for 6 years which consisted of setting up and operating Haas SL20,SL30,TL15,VMC mill, Nakamura and emco. I am familiar with FANUC controls and G and M code. I was also responsible for putting set up kits together making tooling troubleshooting and if the program came out wrong from our programmers I was responsible for rewriting it. I was in charge of approximately 26 CNC lathes and two 3 axes mills I am familiar with sfms feeds and speeds and various other shop duties. Then from there as of December 8th 2017 I Was Made assistant supervisor where are my job duties consist of entering production pulling jobs and training I also was responsible for training employees in other facilities on how to set up maintain and run CNC lathes. I also put together a training manual for all of our CNC operators and I was responsible for writing a 30-day 60-day and 90-day quiz for all of our trainees. Then as of March 21st I was put into a full-time supervisor position on 3rd shift. I was also a two-time employee of the month and our very first ever employee of the year. I also got a 4.0 in technical problem solving and a 3.5 in jit Inventory management from Jackson Community College. I am also familiar with SPC, Lean Manufacturing.
- CNC Supervisor at Air Way Manufacturing
- Mixer operator at Union City Industries
- Repair Technician at OSSUR engineering
7 years, 4 months at this Job
Managed Department with 22 machines and 2 programmers while maintaining a constant work flow .Quoted all cnc work . Ordered specialty tooling required for CNC projects received. Designed work plans for speeds and feeds to be ran on machines.
- CNC Supervisor at ROMEO TECHNOLOGIES
- CNC Machinist at Futuramic Tool & Engineering
- General Manager at Vision Global Industries
- Cnc Supervisor / Programmer at D M Tool & Fab
8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Program, Setup, Daewoo ACE-V35, Acer MillPwr G2, Hitatchi, Haas VF1, DMG 1035, DMG NHX5000, Lynx 220L, Puma 400M Cnc
Lathe w/ Live Tooling.
• Analysed machining processes / tooling / fixturing, and implemented improvements.
• Conducted cost / benefit analysis for changes to processes/equipment/tooling.
• Developed and maintained MasterCAM post processors, and machine definitions.
• Developed new product processes, and cost of manufacturing analysis.
• Trained and supervised CNC operators.
- CNC Supervisor at MAC PRODUCTS, INC
- Cnc Programmer / Wire Edm Specialist at New Jersey Precision Technologies
- CNC Programmer/CNC Machinist at Form Fit And Function LLC
- Production Technician at Nobel Biocare
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Set-up and operate various machines, including but not limited to;
● Manual Milling machines and Lathes
● Fanuc Robots operation, diagnosis and basic programming
● CNC Machining Centers and Lathes (horizontal, vertical, 5 axis, various controls) HAAS, Okuma, Fanuc, Hitachi Seiki,
● CNC Od Grinding (Okuma, Kellenberger, Studer)
● Basic programming using G and M codes
● Various grinding machines (Campbell, Blanchard, Surface grinders)
● Shapers (Fellows)
● Hobbers (Barber Coleman, Pfauter, Gleason, Mitsubishi)
● Hypoid Gear Roughers (Gleason Phoenix)
● Hypoid Gear Grinders (Gleason Phoenix)
● Gear grinding (KAPP Niles)
● Broach (Horizontal and vertical)
● Various tool room machines and processes
● Tumbling and cleaning processes CMM experience: Brown and Sharpe, Zeiss, Nikon VMR, Quindos, M&M, and Faro arm. Inspection: First piece layout and inspection, in-process inspection, nital etch, hardness testing, surface finish testing, and go / no-go gauging. Office software: GageTrak, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Lean practices: 5S, Kaizen, VSM, TQM, TPM, Gemba, 6 sigma, A3's, Flow charts, and SOP's. Automation: Design and implement automation to fulfill production and manpower requirements using third parties as necessary.
- CNC Supervisor at Hobson & Motzer
1 year at this Job
- Diploma - Manufacturing Technology
- - General Programming Course
• Lead a team of CNC machinists in the successful setup and testing of equipment.
• Assign jobs to employees based on production needs.
• Obtain and review work order, part print and setup sheets to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operation, as well as materials and tools required.
• Operated both manual and computer numerical controlled lathes, grinders and milling centers to machine standard and custom honing tools for customers.
• Machine single stroke honing tools within tolerances of .003 of an inch to .00005 of an inch using CNC turning and milling centers, manual lathes and milling centers, precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, digital gauges, and comparators.
• Select, position, and secure dies, tooling, and fixtures onto machine using rule, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in-gauges.
• Position and clamp stops, guides, tracks, fixtures and turntables.
• Load part into machine and secure with clamps for machining.
• Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as heat setting, wire speed, pressure, side rails, progression, depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, chuck, jaws, machine feeds and speeds, gearing and pins according to type of material used and written guidelines.
• Operate machinery and inspect parts to insure parts being produced retain tolerance, square- ness, concentricity, parallelism and finish; move materials as necessary in the performance of duties.
• Deburr parts using hand or air files, deburring machine, belt sander or grinding wheel to insure smooth surface of part produced.
• Troubleshoot production problems to include adjusting and replacing dull or damaged tooling and fixtures.
• Perform preventive maintenance to maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
• Complete paperwork regarding production time, inventory, and location of parts and enter into database system using personal computer.
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- CNC Supervisor at Laciny Brothers
- Machinist 1 at Weir Minerals Lewis Pumps
- CNC Machinist / Programmer at Sarco Hydraulics
- CNC Machinist / Supervisor at V-C.A.M., Inc
8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Oversee CNC department - supervising machinists and programming, facilitating repair and maintenance of machines and equipment (which had been previously neglected), maintaining work schedules and timely job completion, regular meetings with owner and other department managers, and other supervisory duties.
- Independence Tooling - CNC Supervisor at Waltonen Engineering
- 5-Axis operator and programmer at Gage Pattern and Model
- CNC set-up and operator at Independence Tooling
- CNC set-up, operator and programmer (Tebis) at Vehma International
7 months at this Job
• Attended Solidworks Essentials, Part Modeling, Surfacing and Mold Design Classes.
• Attended Mitsubishi Wire EDM Schooling.
• Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes and tight tolerances of tooling, workpieces and parts
• Programmed and operated three axis CNC Vertical Milling Center consisting of Mitsubishi® and Haas® manufacturers
• Supervised CNC operations and personnel, including training, achieving on-time and on-budget new mold components, mold repairs, mold engineering changes, gauges, jigs and fixtures
• Set up and operate a variety of computer-controlled and mechanical-controlled machine tools to produce single cavity up to eight cavity injection molds for the plastics industry
• Worked with multiple vendors ordering tooling and shop supplies
- CNC Supervisor at Kruis Mold & Engineering
- CNC Department Leader at K Mold & Engineering
- Mold Maker at GMAIL.COM
- Mold Maker at American Tool & Mold
4 years at this Job
- Certificate of Completion
- Journeyman - Mold Maker Apprenticeship