9+ years of focused experience in Information Technology with a strong background in Mainframe, PL/SQL and its related technologies.
➢ Proficient in writing business functions using COBOL, DB2 and JCL.
➢ Proficient in writing stored procedures, packages and functions using SQL & PL/SQL.
➢ Proficient in understanding business processes/requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
➢ Proficient in Agile methodology and have very good knowledge on the Banking and Finance domain.
➢ Experience in Resolving incidents/tickets as per SLA.
➢ End-to-End implementation experience including Requirement gathering and mapping them into systems implement able processes by interacting with users and stakeholders, Business study, Analysis, Design, Estimations, Development, Testing (technical and functional), Implementation and Support.
➢ High learning curve with the ability to embrace new tools and technologies with ease and to seamlessly integrate skill set into the project implementation lifecycle TECHNICAL SKILLS Languages: COBOL, JCL, SQL, PL/SQL Database: DB2, IMS, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX Tools: File Aid for DB2, Endevor, Changeman, CA7, Clarify, Citrix,Service Now,BMRS,Toad,PL/SQL developer.
- COBOL Developer at Wipro,TCS
12 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications Engineering - Electronics and Communications Engineering
• Took additional training to improve knowledge in department operations, procedures, and applications.
• Analyze complex processes/programs, troubleshoot, test, and implement technical solutions.
• Research, design, develop, modify, configure, integrate, test and maintain existing and new business applications, infrastructure, and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements.
• Active participant in team and project meetings.
• Proficient in the ability to quickly troubleshoot and follow escalation procedures towards resolution.
• Provide maintenance and support for existing applications.
• Handle both 3rd party software and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure solutions.
• SKILLS: COBOL, SQL/DB2, Toad, Net Express, PuTTY, Unix, Dimensions
- COBOL Developer II at US Tech Solutions / DXC Technology
- COBOL Developer I at UST Global / Vanguard
- Entry Level Mainframe Developer at Step it up America
- Information Technology Associate at Konica Minolta (contractor)
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
The lands' End is a retail store company which create products that make lives better, improve whenever possible and work tirelessly to satisfy the needs of our customers, our employees and their families. The Lands' End Order entry system Deals with create and manage the Customer orders. Orders from different channels like Internet Order, Market Place Orders etc are merged into OES system.
➢ Understand and document the current system and work flow at Lands' end.
➢ Support and maintain Order Management system Mainframe application.
➢ Support Lands'end Incident and problem management process.
➢ Provide maintenance and change release for in scope applications.
➢ Participate in solution design process for long term fix.
➢ Execute impact analysis before modifying any existing application/code.
➢ Design and develop small to medium projects based on the requirements
➢ Provide estimated timelines and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
➢ Recommend process improvements to the development cycle
➢ Pay attention to detail and work as a team player
➢ Interact with the project team which includes project managers, development manager and QA
➢ Attend the meeting/s and provide status update on a timely manner. Environment: Mainframes - COBOL, J CL DB2, CICS, VSAM, EZT+, OPSWise, SerivceNow & JIRA.
- Sr. COBOL Developer at Lands' End
- COBOL LEAD at ABC
- Tech Lead at American Family Insurance
- Tech Lead at Nationwide Mutual Insurance
10 months at this Job
DURATION: AUG'2018 - TILL DATE New HEIGHTS is a large-scale client/server based system with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that supports the workers who aid citizens of New Hampshire who seek assistance in the form of cash, food stamps, medical assistance, child care, emergency assistance, etc. New HEIGHTS determines eligibility for the clients based on the information captured from the client. Once eligibility is determined the New HEIGHTS system interacts with a variety of other systems regarding the eligibility. Deloitte Consulting is responsible for maintenance and enhancement of this project.
Cobol Batch project migration consist of six batch sub-systems to the newly provisioned Micro Focus environment running on zLinux. Micro Focus Enterprise Server(TM) provides an application deployment environment for re-hosting IBM mainframe applications that have traditionally run on IBM z/OS environments. This project is to provide the infrastructure to run mainframe workloads on a distributed environment and integrate mainframe applications with contemporary technologies such as Java, and SOA, and supporting the latest platforms. Skill Set: Micro Focus Cobol, GIT, DB2 Connect, WINSCP, PUTTY, SFTP, Beyond Compare, JIRA
• Setting up Microfocus Environment on zLinux.
• Understand existing source code functionality and convert them to Microfocus Cobol wherever required.
• Write Linux base shell scripting jobs to execute Microfocus Loads in Linux environment.
• Perform Unit and Integration testing.
• Perform root-cause analysis of any issues that arise during Integration, System and Regression testing and providing a solution fix.
• Resolving any Source to Object code link-edit issue.
• Resolving connectivity issue such as with DB2, Java, SFTP, and other downstream sub systems. PROJECT: 2
- SR COBOL DEVELOPER at INDOTRONIX INTERNATIONAL CORP
- TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, MINDTREE LIMITED at HOMESITE INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, MINDTREE LIMITED at AMIRIAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
- TECHNICAL LEAD, MINDTREE LIMITED at AMERICAN EXPRESS
7 months at this Job
- MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION - COMPUTER APPLICATION
- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION - COMPUTER APPLICATION
• Participated with the Business Analyst and/or customer/client in analysis and design inresponse to a business requirement - Full Lifecycle Development
• Provided and reviewed other estimates supporting the Development effort
• Conducted code reviews and other project-related peer reviews
• Developed customer/client acceptance and integrated test plans and scripts
• Worked with other areas in support of Development activities
• Designed, coded, and modified moderately complex to difficult Programs to include X12 EDI Modules.
• Responsible for system integrity and meeting applicable project schedules
• Provided after hours production support.
• Worked 4 of 5 days REMOTELY from home. Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL/CICS, JCL, GDG, VSAM, DB2 RDBMS, Control-M, Endeavor, Intertest, Easytrieve +, IBM OS/390 Mainframe, and TSO/ISPF, AGILE Methodology, Sharepoint, Rational.
- Sr. Cobol Developer at Xerox Federal Solutions/Conduent
- SYSTEMS PROJECT CONSULTANT at Agency Healthcare Administration
- Information Systems Analyst III at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare
- Sr. Programmer Analyst (Claims) at Affiliated Computer Services
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate - Computer Programming
Technical Skills: Mainframe IBM zSeries mainframe and IBM iSeries mid-range computers. Operating / File systems: Z/OS, VSE, OS/400, Isam, Vsam, Win-Server, Unix, Xenix Productivity Tools: Changeman, Endevor, IBM Workbench, MKS Integrity, HP Service Center, CA-7 Scheduler, Zeke Scheduler, Ispf, TSO, CICS, SDSF, SPF-SE, COBOL, Netron, JCL, CL, IMS, IDMS, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QUERY/400, DL1, Datavantage, File-AID , File Master, File Manager, Abend-aid, SymDump, Intertest. Xpediter, JCLcheck, Job Scan, HP Quality Center, sFTP, MQ Series. Data Base Management Systems: DB2, IMS, IDMS, DB/400, SQL Server, Informix Education: Master’s Degree, Business Systems Analysis, City University of London, UK, 1982 Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, University of Essex, UK, 1979 Associate Degree, Telecommunications, University of Guyana, GY, 1973 Experience: Insigma Inc, Ashburn, VA Dec 18 - May 19. COBOL Developer for TCS Contract - ADM Global, Decatur, IL Hardware Environment: Mainframe Z/OS VSE COBOL DB2 IMS NETRON JCL CICS UNIX XENIX. Project Activity: ADM Global applications documentation, development and production support Developed COBOL code to extract IMS transportation data and export to email and Excel spreadsheet. Prepare end-user test plans to validate new and updated code. ASM Infotech Inc., Schaumburg, IL Mar 12 – Jul 18 Senior COBOL Developer JCL DB2 SQL CICS Developer – Edward Jones Limited, Maryland Heights, MO Hardware Environments: Mainframe Z/OS VSE COBOL DB2 JCL CICS UNIX XENIX. Project Activity: All-Fees and Retirements applications project development and support Developed COBOL code to bill and collect mutual funds and retirement fees. Generated and executed SQL code for data analysis and manipulation. Developed COBOL CICS and MQ series code to process online terminations and full sale of fund products. Provided full end-user support for QA testing of all fee applications. Assisted with production support for implemented batch processes related to new systems. Developed, along with Mutual funds SME, production support and end-user documentation. Modified SQL stored procedure code on mainframe / server environment Developed CSV extract reports and transferred them to end-user secure server locations for both on-line and batch processes. Participated in the abandonment of IDMS and conversion to DB2 project. Converted all FTP data transfer procedures to secure FTP (sFTP) procedures for CASH management systems. Computer Sciences Corp, Apr 11 – Oct 11 Technical Developer – South East Toyota, Deerfield Beach, FL Hardware Environments: Mainframe Z/OS VSE COBOL DB2 JCL CICS UNIX XENIX. Check detailed Resume uploaded
- COBOL Developer at Tata Consultancy Services through Insigma Inc.
3 months at this Job
- COBOL Developer at ALTA IT Services, LLC
- Senior Consultant at Capgemini Americas - (Client -Wells Fargo Commercial Finance)
- Technology Lead at Infosys Ltd
- System Engineer at Infosys Ltd (Client GAP)
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science
General Electric, Coshocton, OH, Systems Programmer ❖ Commodore Mobil Homes, Syracuse, IN, Systems Programmer ❖ North American Van Lines, Fort Wayne, IN, Programmer Analyst ❖ Computer Task Group, Buffalo, NY, Systems Programmer (DOS & OS/MFT), IMS Programmer Analyst ❖ Time Life, New York, NY; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chicago, IL, Systems Programmer ❖ Caterpillar Tractor, Davenport, IA, Programmer
- COBOL Developer at 6
1 year at this Job
- - Nationwide Insurance
- - insurance
Working to implement and enhance credit collections processes for various clients using mainframe technologies.
- Senior Cobol Developer at Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau
- Analyst/Developer at Meridian Technologies
- Cobol Developer/Analyst at Xerox Business Services, Inc
- Lead IT Analyst at Avon Products, Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Computer Programming
- - Business Administration
Developed, tested, implemented enhancements.
- Consultant - Senior COBOL Developer/Analysis at Dot Foods, LLC
- Consultant - Senior COBOL Developer/Analysis at Great Lakes Student Loans LLC
- Consultant - Senior COBOL Developer/Analysis at Bath Iron Works
- Consultant - Senior COBOL Developer/Analyst at Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma