I worked as a COBOL developer at AEP for a little over a year and a half. While I was there, I worked on maintaining some of the company's mainframe systems. I mainly worked on the electrical metering system - the Meter Data System (MDS). I also worked on the Order Processing System (OPS) and a few other areas. It was a good overall experience. Everybody was very friendly and supportive. Skills that I used while at AEP included: COBOL & JCL (for batch and online processes), DB2, CICS, Install/1 CICS architecture, ENDEVOR (mainframe source control), TSO (mainframe time-sharing environment), and Agile software development principles. I did not know COBOL or the other mainframe technologies coming in, but AEP provided introductory training and from there, I learned the rest of what I know on the job. I was a contract-to-hire worker. Basically, that means that the company would bring me on as a contractor, and if everything worked out, they would offer me a position as an employee. I would also have to make the decision if I wanted to stay as an employee or not. The company did extend an employee position to me, but after much consideration I decided that it was not the job that I wanted to stay at in the long-run. Upon making that decision, I decided that I would stay to assist in transitioning someone else to take my place and then move on.
- COBOL Developer at American Elec
- Instructor at TECH CORPS
- Programmer Intern at Hexpol Compounding
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical & Computer Engineering
• Mainframe COBOL
• SOME SQL
- Mainframe COBOL Developer at ADP
- Release / Project Manager at ADP
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist at Duke Center for Living
- Fitness Center Manager at PepsiCo
3 months at this Job
- MS - Information Science
- MS - Clinical Exercise Physiology
- BS - Management Information Systems
• Consulting assignment to provide technical support for Emblem's IBM mainframe QCARE Claims processing system
• Responsible for requirements analysis, development, implementation and support of COBOL programs within a VSAM and CICS z/OS mainframe environment
• Client work requests range from minor JCL fixes to major functional process changes that require development of new and modifications to existing COBOL and VSAM based batch and CICS online programs and jobs
• Modified the Claims Adjudication Payment calculation process to automate the generation of Facility Outlier Claims and included the creation of a new output VSAM file to save the calculated Payment data before zeroing and recalculating for the Outlier conditions.
• Developed new CICS online Jump Screen (XCTL) program that read the new VSAM file and displayed the data using multiple MAPS for viewing by the clients
• Modified COBOL IBM MQ Interface program to correct XML Stream errors with the Paid Feed to McKesson
• On Call 24/7 technical support of the production QCARE Claims applications Environment: IBM z/OS, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, CEMT, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Librarian, SDSF, ABENDAID, XPEDITER, FILE-AID
- Sr. Mainframe COBOL Developer at Computer Aid Inc - Client: Emblem Health Insurance
- Sr. Mainframe COBOL Developer at Computer Aid Inc - Client: Highmark Health Insurance
- Sr. Mainframe COBOL and Sr. SAP ABAP Developer at First Energy
- Sr. Mainframe COBOL Developer at Computer People - Client: DuPont
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Computer Information Systems
Erie Insurance is a publicly held insurance company, offering auto, home, commercial and life insurance through a network of independent insurance agents.
Role: Senior COBOL Developer
Project: Property and Auto Rating
Technologies: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, Natural
• Providing solutions to business and technical requirements
• Understand new insurance business concept and adapt to demanding time schedules coupled with positive user interaction and excellent team spirit
• Responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements by following SDLC
• Work on incidents in servicenow to analyze issue and perform remediation
• Interaction with business/users as part of requirement gathering and due diligence
• Perform project level work and time effort estimations
• Interact with front end applications to come up with a high level design
• Thoroughly understand the Requirements and develop detailed design
• Create Endevor package and develop code in mainframe technologies - COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS
• Use IBM utilities as appropriate while creating jobs to utilize CPU efficiently
• Perform thorough unit testing and document test results
• Maintain high team morale, mentor new team members and bring them to speed in creating deliverables
• Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager
• Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the project manager
• Attend Review and status meeting with all stakes holders of the project
• Conduct lead reviews and provide feedback. Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
• Interact with interfacing teams to complete SIT, UAT and regression testing of whole system
• Install code into production and perform functional validation
• Provide warranty support after implementation of code in production
- Senior COBOL Developer at TEKSystems
- Lead COBOL Developer at Health Plan Services
- Technical Lead Developer at American Express
- Mainframe Developer at CITI Cards - North America
5 months at this Job
Description: Leader is a Los Angeles Eligibility Automated determination evaluation and reporting system. This project requires Major County initiated application software changes and modification & Enhancement (M&E) requests.
➢ Review and analyze requirement specifications.
➢ Plan, develop, test, and document computer programs by applying knowledge of programming techniques using COBOL RDMS and ECL concepts.
➢ Communicate with business customers and analyze business functions to validate definitions for the requirements deliverable on the most comprehensive welfare system Leader.
➢ Working on Unisys 2200 Mainframe to support the current project and making changes to the system as per the business requirements.
➢ Responsible in managing IT Support systems, Application analysis, design, development, programming and testing in Mainframe Distributed systems environment.
➢ Converts project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and develop/write new programs to support the functionality using COBOL, RDBMS and ECL concepts.
➢ Analyze SPCR's that are under SQL, Error and M/E's.
➢ Test program, reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors, writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
➢ Prepare/update flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved
➢ Oversee installation of software, monitor performance of program after implementation and recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
➢ Co-ordinate with QA team regarding test planning and test validation. Skills: COBOL, ECL, JCL, RDBMS, CICS, 2200 Mainframes, Clear case tool.
- Sr COBOL Developer at Unisys Leader Project
- Sr COBOL Developer at Arizona Public Service Company
- Programmer Analyst at Bank of New York Mellon
- at Bank of New York and Mellon
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- MS - Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Computer SC
Liaised with business and print developers during data testing to meet project deadlines. * Responsible for creating data mapping. * Interfaced with the business the QA team during the UAT phase. * Designed and coded programs using Cobol II, VSAM.
- Senior Cobol Developer at Taylor Communications
- Senior Cobol Developer Consultant at Noise Consulting
- IT Systems Analyst Consultant/ Genesis10 at Nationstar Mortgage
- IT System Analyst Consultant/ Volt Workforce Solutions at Residential Credit Solutions
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- BBA - Computer Information Systems
- BBA - Business Management
Responsible for modification, and migration Program with Billing System, Bill of Material, Order-Entry, INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM by using SQL +, ACU/COBOL, ANIMATOR, ISAM, SHELL Scripts(Korn), VI Editor utilizing under UNIX(AIX).
• To convert the application development, maintenance EDI software package designed for complete PrePack Components policy management.
• To accept client data in an Excel spreadsheet, and reformat, edit and load this data into the ISAM; this critical data was used to update rate schedules that drive agent compensation calculations.
• Daily Procedure -. Import/Export New PO, -. Label(ZEBRA) Print for UCC128 & DC -. ASN/Invoice Processing
• Troubleshot and permanently solved system failures for multiple clients.
- COBOL Developer/Programmer/Analyst at ViewPoint Technologies Inc
- COBOL DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER/ANALYST at IBM
- COBOL, Assembler at HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY SUPPLY
- COBOL DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER/ANALYST at THE WILLIAM CARTERS
2 years, 3 months at this Job
In this position I: ○ Created and Maintained both Batch and CICS programs written in COBOL ○ Composed and Edited JCL ○ Created reports, excel sheets, and interactive dashboards using WebFocus ○ Used Visual Basic to Parse through Purchase Order documents from companies to grab information and automatically create an order in our format ○ Performed process audits for different areas of the company
- COBOL Developer at Central Steel & Wire
- IT Desktop Technician at Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems - Systems Analysis and Development Sequence
Translate designs to front-end code, produce applications within budget, and work with cross-functional team to define and develop product roadmaps. Experience with Postgres and DB2 database, Unix mainframe
● Coded program modifications to the company's critical path software application, Billing Update, to increase efficiency and reporting capabilities by 25%.
● Coded a single application to replace the 5 programs need to create Accounts Payable invoices from customer orders.
● Worked directly with 5 new customers to create 3 to 5-month timelines, created conversions and successfully installed company's Order Processing, Purchasing and Inventory applications. JAVA DEVELOPER (4+ years) Converted over 600 existing Cobol applications to java applications to enhance the overall look and performance of the company's software using the Eclipse platform. Notable Accomplishments:
● Wrote support documentation and provided training to internal and external users.
● Created cost estimates and application documentation for a new Advertising and Incentive system.
- COBOL DEVELOPER (20+ years) at J&M Industries, Inc
31 years, 3 months at this Job
- BBA - Computer Based Information Systems
General Electric, Coshocton, OH, Systems Programmer ❖ Commodore Mobil Homes, Syracuse, IN, Systems Programmer ❖ North American Van Lines, Fort Wayne, IN, Programmer Analyst ❖ Computer Task Group, Buffalo, NY, Systems Programmer (DOS & OS/MFT), IMS Programmer Analyst ❖ Time Life, New York, NY; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chicago, IL, Systems Programmer ❖ Caterpillar Tractor, Davenport, IA, Programmer
- COBOL Developer at 6
10 months at this Job
- - Nationwide Insurance
- - insurance