• Involvement in the entire system life cycle from requirements, design, development and deployment of the application
• Involved in coding of new modules in COBOL-DB2 from the scratch and coding to implement the new functionality or change the existing functionality of the programs.
• Involved in modifications of existing programs developed in COBOL.
• Done the screen designs in CICS, using SDF II facility.
• Carry out impact analysis to make sure that the existing code is not affected.
• Functional and technical support to team members.
• Coordination and communication with Client and the team.
• Involved in preparing Weekly Status Reports.
• Carried out the system and Integration testing and prepared the Traceability matrix, coordinate with the users for UAT testing.
• Carry out Quality Assurance activities for all deliverables.
• Pro-actively suggest ways to improve processing (Process improvement).
- COBOL Programmer at INautix Technologies, A BNY Mellon Company
- COBOL Application Developer at Data Software Research Centre
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master' s - Management Information System
- Bachelor's - Electronics and Communication Engineering
The CAPPS contract with Zantech (my previous employer) expired. Moss Cape was awarded the CAPPS contract and hired me to continue to support CAPPS.
Currently providing software development and maintenance support on the Consolidated American Payroll Processing System (CAPPS) for the Department of State.
• Modified COBOL programs
• Created Test JCL
• Created Test Data (when needed) for input datasets for testing
• Performed Unit and System Testing
• Verified test results to ensure requirements were met
• Implemented software (COBOL programs, JCL) into production environment upon user approval of test results Skill Set: COBOL II, JCL, Librarian, IBM Utilities, Z/OS, VSAM, SAS
- Senior COBOL Programmer at Moss Cape (A Copper River Company)
- Senior COBOL Programmer at Zantech
- Senior COBOL Developer at Elite Technical
- Software Engineer III at Pyramid Systems
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Sociology
- Certificate - Computer Programming
- Certificate - PeopleSoft/PeopleTools
MVS, OS/390, VSAM, CICS, JCL, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, File-Aid, Change-man, Beyond-Compare, Intertest, File Master, Smart Test, XPEDITER, REXX, CLIST, CA-SAR, 2 years using Net Express COBOL
- Mainframe COBOL Programmer at WESTERN NATIONAL LIFE(AIG), Amarillo
- Computer Operator at High Plains Baptist Hospital
- Senior Computer Operator at Texas Departmentof Public Safety
- District Manager at PermianBrineSales, Odessa
21 years at this Job
- Certification - DTM - Communication and Leadership
- Certification - Customer Service for Insurance Professionals
• Developed and maintained COBOL programs (GCOS, Honeywell).
• Created JCLs to manage programs.
• Programmed reports for Department of Insurance.
• Learning AS400. Platform will be converted from Honeywell to AS400.
- COBOL Programmer at Unico American Corporation
- Premium Accounting Supervisor at Countrywide Insurance Group
- Accounting Specialist at Thorson and Associates
- Programmer Analyst at Insurance Technology Consultants
11 years at this Job
Created a data migration path from legacy Cobol system environment to new windows server based cieTrade environment. Assisted the IT director in cieTrade user client software implementation and training. Responsible for purchasing hardware and furnature for Hawkpoint warehouse clients.
- Cobol Programmer / CieTrade User Support at Norkol Inc.
- COBOL Programmer at Norkol Inc.
- Legacy Process Consultant at JC Whitney
- Senior Systems Programmer, Vendor Support at JC Whitney
9 months at this Job
- Certificate Program - AS/400 Specialist, Operations, Facilities and CL
- Certificate Program - Computer Operations and Mangement
Lead Cobol programmer for the Financial Network Team responsible for the day to day maintenance of multiple applications (Commissions, Compliance, Books and Records, 1099's, Agent Statements and Reports) including 24/7 on call support. All projects were completed on time and within budget using COBOL, TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL, VSAM, IMS, Sync sort on time and within budget.
- Mainframe Cobol Programmer at John Hancock Financial Network
33 years, 5 months at this Job
• Worked in a project with five-team members through an accelerated migration from Bank-Master System to the new IFLEX Banking system, with 100% of project milestones met in an 16-month schedule
• Shared in the data mapping between the two systems and data base designed.
• Successfully Wrote a part of JCL command for compilations and run the programs.
• Part of the development team that design and implement the data migration Cobol Programs using DB2 for extracting data.
- Mainframe Cobol programmer / system analyst at Eskadenia Software
- Student at Illinois Institute of Technology
- IT Auditor at Bank Al Etihad
- Programmer / System analyst / Project manager at Bank Al Etihad
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters - Information Technology Concentrated
- certification - analysis and design
- Bachelor - Computer Science / Minor Accounting
- - CISA, PMP
Worked on a Tech Refresh project to change median that processes data from mainframe to open systems. My tasks were to keep the data integrity of the mainframe intact while collection of data was done in open systems.
- Contract COBOL Programmer at Technosoft Corporation.
- Cashier/Customer Service at Giant Food
- COBOL CICS Programmer at Susan Graham Consulting
- Mainframe COBOL programmer. at Sigma Resources LLC.
5 months at this Job
- COBOL programmer at
- Office Clerk at L&M Supply-Corporate Office
- Programmer/Analyst at CrossUSA
- Server at Country Kitchen
7 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Computer Programming
- B.S. - Computer Information Systems
Assigned to large bank. Auto Loan Servicing application. COBOL.
- SR. COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYST at InfoSys
- SR. COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYST at Fidelity Investments
- SR. COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYST at Bank of America
4 months at this Job