Phoenix, AZ October, 2011 - April, 2013 & September, 2009 - March, 2011 COBOL programmer (contract) - Introduced programmers to IBM JCL ABEND run-time count parm to limit programmer late night 0C7/0C9 wake-up calls. Wrote many new COBOL and one-shot EASYtrieve programs for the ATM application. Identified and cleaned up obsolete production datasets and archived Endevor modules.
- COBOL programmer (contract) - Introduced programmers at Wells Fargo Bank
- COBOL programmer (contract) at Arizona Public Service Company (APS)
- COBOL programmer (contract) at Duke Energy
- Functional analyst at ACCENTURE
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Mgmt/ Agriculture
1600 Cantrell Rd.
Little Rock, AR 72201 United States
09/2014 - 07/2018
Mainframe COBOL Programmer/Systems Analyst Payroll Department
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
Conducted application development based upon user request and providing project status updates to upper management and other stakeholders while progressing through the Software Development Life Cycle; Planned, prioritized, and balanced work assignments to carry out required activities and meet timelines. Set short or long-range project(s) work plans and schedules; Directed the implementation of project plans to meet objectives and manage project resources; Researched and collected relevant information that help Benefit Analyst and Accounting Dept achieve audit objectives; Produced reports and other written products that effectively communicated information and research findings; Communicated relevant information to management, team members, and internal stakeholders during formal and informal presentations, and meetings; Resolved critical technical issues and maintained system during system enhancements; Administered and maintained user access controls, processes and procedures, to prevent unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, or misuse of company resources; Applied principles, theories, techniques and methodology of management, analytical, evaluative, statistical, and economical analysis to resolve difficult problems relating to health insurance delivery systems; Conducted employment verification for employee's future employers; Composed and disseminated benefit letters to employee; Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation; PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Automated Child Support Payment System into an on-line payment system that allows Dillard's Corporate Payroll Department to make electronic child support payments. This change puts Dillard's in compliance with the State of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Kansas, and Nebraska Child Support Clearinghouse payment requirements.
• Automated the Social Security Administration Death File Search Process and converted the file layout to match Acxiom's file layout. This file is used to identify deceased Dillard's Credit Card Holders and employees with fraudulent social security numbers.
- Mainframe COBOL Programmer/Systems Analyst Payroll Department at Dillard's Corporate
- Mainframe COBOL Programmer III at Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- File Maintenance Analyst at Medicare Multi-Carrier System
- Assistant Production Control Analyst at
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Science degree - Business Information Systems
The CAPPS contract with Zantech (my previous employer) expired. Moss Cape was awarded the CAPPS contract and hired me to continue to support CAPPS. Currently providing software development and maintenance support on the Consolidated American Payroll Processing System (CAPPS) for the Department of State.
• Modified COBOL programs
• Created Test JCL
• Created Test Data (when needed) for input datasets for testing
• Performed Unit and System Testing
• Verified test results to ensure requirements were met
• Implemented software (COBOL programs, JCL) into production environment upon user approval of test results Skill Set: COBOL II, JCL, Librarian, IBM Utilities, Z/OS, VSAM, SAS
- Senior COBOL Programmer at Moss Cape (A Copper River Company)
- Senior COBOL Programmer at Zantech
- Senior COBOL Developer at Elite Technical
- Software Engineer III at Pyramid Systems
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Sociology
- Certificate - Computer Programming
- Certificate - PeopleSoft/PeopleTools
Duties: As a programmer/Analyst. Maintain/enhance an application to control the inventory of a bonded warehouse. I designed and wrote the application using Microfocus COBOL and I converted the application to RPG-400 to run on the AS400. Debug ERP inventory control system (Infinium) analyzing different modules. Also debugged customized programs and providing solutions. As Network Support Specialist. Assistant Network administrator. Worked with team administrating Microsoft Active Directory and Infrastructure. Manage 100 users connected to main office using a Cisco Routers thru AT&T's MPLS. Duties included and not limited to installation of new software, Patches, TCP/IP connections, Lotus Notes Administration, Users' Support, Help Desk support, setup of new desktops, printers, scanners, Users' training, AS400 Infinium application training, etc. Telecommunications. Administrate ShoreTel Phone system. Research and suggest purchase and keep inventory control of the equipment. Setup the phones for each user (voice mail, messages, etc) and train the users with the features of the system. Software: WINDOWS Server, Windows 10, NetExpress, COBOL (Microfocus Cobol), RPG/400, COBOL/400, IBM SQL. Hardware: Dell and HP Servers, Dell and HP desktops, IBM AS/400, HP printers, Zebra Printers.
- COBOL Programmer and Network Support Specialist at SCHRATTER FOODS, INC
- Programmer/Analyst at BRISTOL WEST INSURANCE SERVICES
- Senior COBOL Programmer at VISA INTERNATIONAL
- Senior Programmer Analyst at AMERICAN MEDICAL PLANS, Inc
17 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate in Science degree
- Diploma - programming
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- A+ Certification
Lead Cobol programmer for the Financial Network Team responsible for the day to day maintenance of multiple applications (Commissions, Compliance, Books and Records, 1099's, Agent Statements and Reports) including 24/7 on call support. All projects were completed on time and within budget using COBOL, TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL, VSAM, IMS, Sync sort on time and within budget.
- Mainframe Cobol Programmer at John Hancock Financial Network
33 years, 7 months at this Job
Worked on a Tech Refresh project to change median that processes data from mainframe to open systems. My tasks were to keep the data integrity of the mainframe intact while collection of data was done in open systems.
- Contract COBOL Programmer at Technosoft Corporation.
- Cashier/Customer Service at Giant Food
- COBOL CICS Programmer at Susan Graham Consulting
- Mainframe COBOL programmer. at Sigma Resources LLC.
10 months at this Job
COBOL programmer, supporting existing code.
- Programmer Analyst II at Wells Fargo
- Office Service Administrator at Best Buy, Inc
- L2 Retail Help Desk at Best Buy, Inc
- Laptop Technician at Express Scripts
1 month at this Job
- AA - Computer Science
Consultant to Central Steel and Wire, Chicago, IL
• Performed Mainframe programming functions
• Maintained Warehouse Inventory In-house system
• Environment: IBM, COBOL, CICS, JCL, TSO, VSAM, PANVALET, FILEAID, EASYTRIEVE
- Senior COBOL CICS Programmer Analyst Consultant at Management Associates of America
- Senior COBOL CICS Programmer Analyst Consultant at Acentron
- Senior COBOL CICS Programmer Analyst Consultant at Management Associates of America
- Senior COBOL CICS Programmer Analyst at Homelite a subsidiary of John Deere International
17 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
• Maintain, enhance, develop and test COBOL PL/1 programs and menus developed in-house for the Distributed Order Management System for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Data Warehouse, EDI, Order Management, Pricing Support, Lawson, Roadnet, and Transportation Management departments across multiple locations. In addition, use SDLC methodology(waterfall), update report scripts for scheduled Reporting System and assist management in tracking assignments.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support on a monthly rotation using Cron and JAMS schedulers, Unix Operating System, VI editor and Remedy.
• Maintain production support documentation using Microsoft Office suite (Windows 10), Atlassian Confluence software, and Remedy. Often provide training to peers as S.M.E. for CRQ and Confluence documentation.
- COBOL PL/1 Programmer/Analyst at United Natural Foods Inc
- Contract COBOL Developer at JVT Advisors
- COBOL Developer at Zones Inc
- Help Desk Technician (Consultant) at Starbucks
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- M.S. - Information Systems
- B.S. - Information Technology
• Developed IBM Z/OS COBOL JCL software per client requirements.
- Senior Cobol Software Developer at Various contract companies
- Senior Cobol Software Engineer (Consultant) at Boeing / various units
- Senior Cobol Software Engineer (Consultant) at Northrop Grumman
- Senior IMS-DL/I Software Engineer at Cincom Systems
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.A. - English
- B.A. - English
- A.A. - Education