Employed as a City of Stanton Code Enforcement Officer responsible for enforcement of the
City of Stanton Municipal Codes.
• Enforced the City of Stanton Municipal Codes
• Performed weekend and evening code enforcement duties
• Providing excellent customer service and worked with the general public
• Answered business phones and performed front counter operations
• Maintained records, files and performed data entry of all documents
• Prepared reports as requested
• Worked with other agencies, departments and staff members regarding code enforcement issues
• Worked with the building and safety department and assists with code violations
• Performed intakes of complaints related to the violations of local codes and ordinances for residential, commercial, and industrial property
• Prepared letters and notices to property and/or business owners
• Communicated directly with the public on safety matters
• Prepared a variety of reports and correspondences pertaining to code enforcement
• Checked business licensing, conditional use permits and signage permits
• Documented cases through photographs of violations, creating the necessary files, and preparing investigative reports
• Maintained records of all field work and related documentation
• Prepared legal documents, including abatement and inspection warrants
• Collected and safeguarded evidence for civil property abatements and/or civil litigation
• Referred cases to the City Prosecutor
• Documented and assistance with property liens
• Prepared written warning letters and notifications that identified needed repairs or corrections
• Prepared documents that outlined time frames and time limits to make corrections
• Worked with violators to gain compliance and resolve issues in a productive and expedient manner
• Conducted investigations related to land use and zoning
• Observed and reported violations involving dangerous structures, health and safety violations, weed abatement, municipal codes and ordinances, and signage issues
• Created necessary reports regarding possible violations.
• Conducted field inspections of structures to ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, City/County, local ordinances and zoning regulations
• Testified in court cases
• Performed parking enforcement and vehicle abatement's
• Enforced public park ordinances
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of Stanton, Code Enforcement
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of Paramount, Code Enforcement
- Public Safety Officer at The City of South Gate, Public Safety Department
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
- Masters - Public Administration
- Certification - Electrical Technology program
- Certification - Business Office Paralegal Studies
- Certification - Basic Code Enforcement
- Certification - Intermediate Code Enforcement
- High School Diploma
I've had three different jobs for the city in the 16 years I've been there started off as an electrician moved onto a signal technician and for the past five years have been a code enforcement officer / inspector
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of Norfolk - Norfolk
- Driver at Sentara Healthcare
- Inspector at
15 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school diploma
- High school or equivalent
Serving the public working as a Code Enforcement Officer II. Conducting inspections, issuing Administrative Citations. Preparing and executing Abatement Warrants and Administrative Hearings. Miscellaneous Administrative duties. Attended training and CACEO classes, courses * certifications documents will be provided upon request.
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of Riverside
27 years at this Job
- High school
Performed duties as a municipal police officer and serving the community of Pawnee, Oklahoma. I enforce both municipal, county, and traffic laws as well as performing duties as a part time Code Enforcement Officer.
- Police Officer/Code Enforcement Officer at Pawnee Police Department
- Operations Specialist 2nd Class at U.S. Navy Active Duty
- Sheriff's Deputy at Creek County Sheriff's Office
- Manager of the Day and Server at U.S. Navy Active Duty
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Care Administration
- Associate - Health Care Administration
Minimum housing code enforcement for City of Sanford. Responsibility for compliance of proper signage display for City Mooresville. Junk vehical ordinance for City of Ramseur.
- Code Enforcement Officer at State code enforcement Inc
- Owner/Operator at Danny Trogdon Carpenter and Home Maintenance
- Code Enforcement Officer at
3 months at this Job
- High school - General
- Some college
6016 Princess Garden Parkway, New Carrollton, Maryland 20784 Code Enforcement Officer daily responsibilities include conducting field investigations involving violations of the Municipal Code. Collaborate with residents of a diverse bilingual population to achieve voluntary compliance with Municipal Code. Work with the City Attorney to issues uniform infraction citations and serves as the City's representative in the District Court regarding code enforcement issues. Assists in the development of goals for Enforcement Program that reflect an awareness of private property rights and evaluate effectiveness of work program to accomplish these goals. Received complaints and prioritize magnitude of issues; log in and track complaints on the computer; research and make determination of appropriate codes to address complaints; prepare appropriate compliance letters. Maintains computerized records and establish sufficient background information to proceed with legal action if necessary. Issues infraction citation and complaints, prepare documentation and evidence to support charge in District Court. Knowledge of principles and practices of land use regulation, nuisance codes and health and safety standards; particularly in the area of enforcement; inspection; enforcement research methods procedures and techniques. Plan, organize, coordinate and perform field inspections to ensure compliance of the Municipal Codes. Work and communicate the City ordinances; procedures, regulations and policies with the citizens and public officials.
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of New Carrollton, Department Of Code Enforcement
- Civil Engineer Technician DS 11 at DC WASA, Department
- Sewer Services, Civil Engineer Technician DS at District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- Engineering Assistant III at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, Systems Analysis Division
2 years at this Job
- - Management Level II & I
- - civil engineering
- - Training
Enforce local city municipal code by encouraging compliance from citizens. Communicate with complainants, citizens and business owners. Work closely with law enforcement, city managers, city mayor, city counsel members, fire department and building department. When necessary, write citations and/or formal Notices of Violation. Present cases to the Code Enforcement Board, presenting evidence and witnesses to justify a case. Train new code officer in policy and proceedure. Monitor transient rentals. Assist with post natural disaster recovery operations.
- Code Enforcement Officer at City of Naples
- Juvenile Probation Supervisor at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Senior Juvenile Probation Officer at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certified Juvenile Probation Officer
- B.S. - Justice and Law Administration
Springs Police Department
City of Colorado Springs
• Specialized enforcement officer who investigates criminal complaints against property owners and landlords.
• Works as a trainer and mentor to other officers.
• Writes well-written and well-researched reports; reviews work of other code officers, for accuracy.
• Developed a training module for the department; responsible for teaching this course to employees annually.
• Ensure that all residential dwellings have safe and unobstructed means of egress and functioning smoke detectors as required by Fire Code as adopted by the City.
• Selected to represent the City of Colorado at a national conference.
• Selected to prepare and teach a specialized course at a national conference.
• Prepares and serves summonses and warrants; works with the city attorney on court cases.
• Instructs citizens on regulations and procedures pertaining to city code requirements.
• Conducts presentations for citizen groups in Colorado Springs.
• Collaborates with other agencies including Animal Law Enforcement, Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, Colorado Springs Housing Authority, Colorado Springs Police Department, Colorado Springs Utilities, Department of the Fire Marshall, and the Department of Probation.
- Code Enforcement Officer at Colorado Springs Police Department City of Colorado Springs
- Community Service Officer at Colorado Springs Police Department City of Colorado Springs
- Licensed Substitute Teacher at Harrison School District
- Paraprofessional Educator at Harrison School District
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctor of Management in Homeland Security - Issues
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminology and Public Policy
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminology
- Associate of Science in Social Science - Social Science
- Associate of Science in Humanities - Humanities
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER | NYC HOUSING PRESERVATION & DEVELOPMENT, NYC | NOV 2018-PRESENT Field citizens' complaints, reaching compromises when possible, resolving complex issues and assisting in creating city government/community rapport. Effectively communicate city policies and procedures for Code Enforcement, identify priorities quickly and efficiently and located the required resources needed to complete jobs. Create and format database management functions to better productivity and manage case load. Proven the ability to recognize conditions that required the presence of other agencies and departments.
- Code Enforcement Officer at NYC HOUSING PRESERVATION & DEVELOPMENT
- RESIDENT ADVISOR at COVENANT HOUSE NYC
- STUDENT ADVOCATE at HARLEM CHILDREN'S ZONE
- DIRECTOR at UNCHAINED TALENT, INC
2 months at this Job
- POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE - INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- BACHELOR OF ART - MEDIA ARTS AND COMMUNICATION
Supervise employees to ensure enforcement of City Ordinances. Conduct site inspections throughout city. Time management, present to City Council. Educate public on City Code. Project Management. File Criminal Complaints against property owners not in compliance with City Code.
- Lead Code Enforcement Officer at City of Espanola
- Rural Addressing Tech/ Code Enforcement Officer at Rio Arriba County
- Level 1 Security Guard at Blackstone Security
- Presiding Judge at Rio Arriba County
1 year at this Job
- - Information Technology
- High school Diploma