• HCC coding
• Same day surgery
• E&M Coding for outpatient
• Inpatient & ER Services
• ICD 10- CM & PCS
• Maintain compliance and HIPAA regulations
• 3M and Encoder software
• Microsoft Word & Excel
• Windows PC
- Coding Specialist at California Coding Specialist
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at Barkley Court Reporters
- Outlook, Reporter Base, Excel at Bloomingdales
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate Degree
- CCS - Anatomy, Physiology, Clinical Coding, HCC
Review claims to determine the eligibility of coding changes submitted by providers by abstracting the correct ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes based on submitted medical records. ◦ Tested claims in coding edit system to determine if corrected claims complied with correct coding guidelines ◦ Participated in Fraud Waste and Abuse audits to review if E/M upcoding was occurring in providers with outlier charges. ◦ Represent DMBA at quarterly State Investigative Unit meetings. Request reports on data gathered in that meeting to determine exposure to possible fraudulent or wasteful providers. Recommend appropriate action based on results of requested reports. Network with representatives of other local insurance carriers. Share and gather information on investigations being performed by their fraud waste and abuse departments. ◦ Maintain documentation for current standardized processes performed by the coding specialist. ◦ Maintain current DMBA coding policies.
- Coding Specialist at DMBA
- at DMBA
- Quality Assurance Assistant Team Lead at DMBA
- Quality Assurance Specialist at DMBA
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding Competency Based
- High School Diploma
Billing and coding specialist for one of the country's largest ambulance billing company companies, Detailed knowledge of CMS regulations and rules, Meticulous attention to detail, Obtaining front end eligibility and benefit information, Exceptional time management and task prioritization abilities, Work independently to define problems and identify causes for timely resolution of claims, Incredible ability to multi-task and critically think through problems.
- Coding Specialist at EMS Management & Consultants
- Logistics Coordinator at Amazon.com
- Clinical Manager at HEALTH SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Critical Care Charge Nurse at WAKE FOREST BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate's in Applied Science
Worked as a Coding Specialist for a Physician group practice. Examined and assessed medical record documentation and assigned ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS codes. Adhered to official medical coding guidelines. Performed initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report physician services to third party payers. Interprets progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services. Enters appropriate data into the Billing System by selecting the appropriate codes, diagnosis, modifiers. Contacts physicians through management regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding. Responsible for reviewing patient logs and other report of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients. Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing. Reviews all physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines. Works in conjunction with the Reimbursement staff to answer all inquiries regarding coding and billing for physicians' services. Works in coordination with other members of the Physicians' Billing Office as necessary. Meets and exceeds short and long-term goals as established for the department. Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department. Reports to work, meetings and professional obligations on time. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Performs other related duties as required and assigned. Worked on NextGen and Cerner applications. Worked from home for 2 years with this company.
- Coding Specialist at El Rio Community Health Center
- Medical Coder at
- Medical Coder at Northwest Medical Center/Oro Valley Hospital
- Medical Coder at Action Personnel
3 years at this Job
Present HCC/RISK ADJUSTMENT MEDICAL CODER (REMOTE)
CAPITOL CODING INSTITUTE
Bryan Tidwell: 626-421-1377 General Responsibilities
• Validation and ensuring accuracy of diagnosis codes based on medical records
• Review medication list to verify the correlating condition and if conditions are still being treated
• Review all specialist and hospital consults, lab and/or pathology reports for new and more specific conditions
• Extract and identify all appropriate ICD-10 codes from all dates of service per assigned project
- CALIFORNIA CODING SPECIALIST at CAPITOL CODING INSTITUTE
- Accounting Associate at HCC/OUTPATIENT/ANCILLARY CODER
1 month at this Job
- - Management
5409 North State Road 7,
( Lakeside Plaza), Tamarac, FL 33319
Phone: (954) 526-9477
• Medical Billing Coding Specialist
• comprehensively organized billing
• documentation policies
• Data entry
• Medical Billing, Coding & Collections Knowledge of HMO and PPO Creating patient claims and statements
• Front office duties
• ICD-9 & ICD-10, CPT, Diagnostic and Procedural Coding
- Medical Billing Coding Specialist at Palmers Urgent Care & Diagnostics Inc
- Manager at McDonald's
1 year at this Job
- LICENSE - Medical
December 1999 Decorah, IA 52101 to August 31, 2014 Medical Coding Specialist Medical coding using both CPT procedural and ICD-9 diagnosis coding for both Family Practice, including hospital admissions, and General Surgery. Duties have also include IV infusion therapy coding, as well as Ear, Nose, and Throat procedures and office visits. Work may also involve answering any internal or external customer questions regarding diagnoses, procedures, and/or costs for such procedures.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Gundersen Lutheran Family Practice Clinic
- Transcriptionist / Medical Records at Winneshiek Medical Center
- Outpatient Compliance Specialist at M.A.R.S.I - Medical Audit Resource Services, Inc
11 months at this Job
- - Information Technology Program
As Medical Receptionist answered multi line phone, scheduled lab tests, x-rays; scheduled appointments as well as surgical procedures. As Coding Specialist coded all surgical procedures and diagnoses.
- Medical Receptionist; Coding Specialist at Bellevue Surgical Associates, PC
30 years at this Job
- Missouri College - Doctors Office Assistant
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
• Oversee daily Billing Department functions, including medical coding, charge entry, claims, payment posting, and reimbursement management.
• Examine patients encounter forms to verify diagnosis codes, and reconcile codes against services rendered.
• Accurately input procedure and diagnosis codes into billing software (officemate and examwriter) to generate invoices.
• Follow up on past due invoices and delinquent accounts to reduce number of unpaid and outstanding balances.
• Document patient data and medical records, and perform routine medical record audits to comply with insurance company requirements.
• Uphold and reinforce compliance with hospital policies and federal regulations such as HIPAA.
• Able to perform field study testing (can use pachemetry and tono pen)
• Experience as a scribe
- Billing and Coding Specialist at Raymond D. Boone OD
- Cashier at Catfish King
5 years, 8 months at this Job
Certified Medical coding specialist with 8 years of experience in hematology/oncology coding. Proficient in ICD-10 and CPT Coding. Currently coding for MD Anderson Cancer Center @Cooper. Experience in coding for multiple infusion sites including oncology, gastroenterology, neurology, and rheumatology.
- Medical Coding Specialist at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- INFUSION CODER at MD Anderson Cancer Center @ COOPER
- Medical Coding Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- CHONC - INFUSION CODER