SMART is MIT's first, and to-date only, research Centre outside the United States. It is also MIT's largest international research programme. MIT faculty members have laboratories at SMART, mentor postdoctoral associates and graduate students, and collaborate with researchers from universities, research institutes and industries in Singapore and Asia
➢ Used Cognos 10.1 to develop all the Financial reports
➢ Created different types of reports like list reports, chart reports, cross tabs reports, lot of prompt pages, dashboards.
➢ Only Cognos developer at this place so gathered the requirement by myself and developed the reports accordingly
➢ Actively participated in all the meeting with the Financial manager and developed the reports according to their requirement
➢ Acted as a lead in his whole projected as am the only one who was working as a cognos developer
➢ Configured Security for the clients based on their profile and availability of services
➢ Worked with the external data files and used these data file in the Cognos report studio by designing the files, data mapping and then publishing these new external files with the existing package in the report studio, means published the new package with the external data file
➢ Scheduled jobs and created events using the event studios
➢ Have documented the functional and design level document for the users and the technical team which explains the functionality and the usage of Cognos reports.
➢ Actively participated in helping and making the financial manager, users to explain how to run the reports and know about how the reports were useful to them. Environment:Cognos10.1 (Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advance, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Event Studio,), IBM Cognos Administration.
- Sr Cognos Developer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Sr Cognos Developer at Common Wealth of Pennsylvania
- Senior Cognos Developer at Comerica Bank
- Senior Cognos Developer at Johnson & Johnson
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Cognos Developer at AMIG
at this Job
Environment: Cognos Analytics 11.1/11.0.10, Framework Manger, Power BI, SQL, PL-SQL, AWS Services EC2, S3, Amazon RDS and MariaDB, HeidiSQL, Git, CA Rally, Jira and SQL Developer. Responsibilities:
• Works in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing & enhancing build pipelines for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment.
• Create projects, designed models for reporting and created & published packages in Framework Manager from various data sources Oracle and MariaDB which resides AWS RDS.
• Develop model query subjects, shortcuts, calculated fields, namespaces, folders and filters in appropriate layers in model to make it simple and more users friendly.
• Conduct troubleshooting, root cause analysis, Data Validation, and problem resolution for Cognos Framework Manager models/packages.
• Design complex, multi-page reports involving prompts, cascading prompts, list, crosstab charts, conditional rendering, and conditional highlighting.
• Used Motio PI to recover missing and lost Framework Manager Models, prepared Audit SQL's and SDK scripts for reports, folder archrivals and recovered FM models.
• Used Cognos Life Cycle Manager to test and compared both versions of the reports and fixed the issues while migration from Cognos 10 to Cognos Analytics 11.
• Design and develop Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
• Generate ad-hoc reports in Power BI Desktop, Excel Power Pivot and shared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
• Created Java Scripts to default the values in the Prompts and also to default the search options for the prompts in Prompt page.
• Proficient in deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available and fault tolerant applications using various AWS services. Experienced in disaster recovery of servers.
• Created and retained backups of EC2 instances by snapshot feature using automated scripting.
• Experience in using elastic load balancer (ELB) and Auto Scaling for elasticity.
- Sr. Cognos Developer / Architect at Sabre
- Sr. Cognos Developer / Architect at GameStop
- Senior Cognos Developer / Architect at Orthofix Inc
- Senior Cognos Developer at Alcon Labs
2 years, 1 month at this Job
• Responsible for the conversion of Crystal reports to Cognos.
• Cognos training to users.
- Lead Cognos Developer at Department of Transportation Airports division
- Lead Cognos Developer at American Savings Bank
- Lead Cognos Developer at State of Hawaii, Office of Information Technology
- Information Data Management Engineer at Samsung Electronics, Intel, Toshiba
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Science - Physics
ObjecNet, combined customer base includes thousands of healthcare organizations and over a million requesters throughout the United States. Further technological advancements were made to enhance its automated release of information system and provide flexible service delivery options for customers. Among these innovations are a web-based logging and tracking system for release of information requests and a secure electronic delivery mechanism for health information. Additionally, ObjectNet enabled healthcare providers to face the challenge of accounting of disclosures with a web-based capture and reporting solution. Responsibilities:
• Interaction with business users to gather business requirements and designed functional and technical requirements documentation.
• Worked on framework manager to import metadata from multiple data sources and to create subject matter models, create and publish packages to Cognos 10 server.
• Worked extensively on relationships between query subjects to better represent the logical structure of the business and the user requirements.
• Used Framework Manager to externalize query subjects in order to generate IQD data sources for Powerplay cube creation in Powerplay Transformer.
• Built and Published the Packages to Cognos 8 and Cognos 10 Server according to user requirements
• Experienced in creating different types of security in models using framework Manager.
• Secure Cognos Connection and setup Security by assigning user to the groups and roles defined in Cognos Namespace.
• Authored Reports using Report Studio and trained end users in building Ad-hoc reports using Query Studio
• Worked on Multidimensional Models and created Reports in Report Studio using Cubes as a data sources.
• Proficient in developing Business Intelligence dashboards comprising several lists, charts, and cross-tabs in a single page as well as multiple pages.
• Used Go Dashboard to generate highly complex graphical reports.
• Migrated reports created in Cognos 8 into Cognos 10.
• Involved in installation, configuration and upgrade of Cognos 8 to Cognos 10.1.
• Worked on creating Prompts and Cascading Prompts Pages.
• Worked on summary reports and detail Reports, drill-thru reports.
• Created drill through reports and associated with the summary reports to get details.
• Validated report results with the source data and sanctioned the reports to production environment.
• Worked on scheduling and publishing the report to the Cognos Connection.
• Proficient in deploying Reports and Packages from one environment to other environments.
• Used conditional formatting to achieve identical results in different formats like HTML, PDF and EXCEL.
• Created users and giving authorizations to the system users depending on their roles.
• Developed transformer models using Powerplay Transformer (OLAP) and also developed models using Cognos 8.3 / Cognos 8.4 /Cognos 10.1 Transformer.
• Modified power cubes by adding new dimensions, levels and measures etc.
• Published cubes as packages to cognos connection using framework manager.
• Published cubes directly from Cognos 8.3/cognos.8.4 / Cognos 10.1 Transformer using new publish functionality.
• Worked on cognos production tickets to meet business requirements.
• Prepared Report documents once the development is completed.
• Installed and Configured Cognos TM1 Architest and Cognos Insight 10.2 and Cognos TM1 Application in Development Environment.
• Developed some Reports using Cognos Insight and published into Cognos TM1 Application and Cognos Connection.
• Conducted Team Meetings Every week.
• Assigned tasks to Team Members and Conducted Weekly Meetings with Team Members.
• Updated the Status in weekly Meetings.
• Trained end users on Query Studio for Ad-hoc reporting as well as involved in the Documentation.
• Developed Business Requirement Specs as a Business Analyst.
• Acted as lead in troubleshooting Report performance problems. Environment: Cognos 8.4/Cognos 10.1(Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Metric Studio and Transformer), Oracle 9i/10g, TOAD 9.5, Query Analyzer.
- Sr Cognos Developer at ObjectNet
- Sr Cognos Developer at Semantifi
- Cognos Developer at Vanguard
- Cognos Developer at Deloitte
3 years, 6 months at this Job
◦ Deployments ◦ Report schedules ◦ Custom user security ◦ Developed documentation for technical deployments ◦ Developed end-user training materials ◦ Client-meeting facilitation and technical demos
• Assisted with upgrade to Cognos v10.2.2 from v10.1.1
• Assisted with upgrade of Cognos v10.2.2 onto SQL Server 2014 and Windows Server 2012
• Framework Manager model and package development
• Report development and testing: Report Studio, Query Studio
• Maintenance: Cognos Configuration & FixPacks
• Cognos Administration:
◦ Report schedules
◦ Custom user security
◦ Developed documentation for technical deployments
◦ Developed end-user training materials
◦ Client-meeting facilitation and technical demos
- Cognos Developer / BI SME at Netti Solutions LLC
- Cognos Developer / BI SME at Netti Solutions LLC - Tysons Corner, VA
- Cognos Developer / BI SME at Netti Solutions LLC
- Senior Consultant, Global Public Sector at Grant Thornton LLP
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BBA - Information Technology and Finance
Liquidity Risk Infrastructure a core business services system which comprise of a risk monitoring tool that monitors the cash inflows and outflows. As part of the regulatory system, Cognos used to produce reports out of data warehouse which sourced from multiple business services. Responsibilities:
• Worked closely with the users, Business Analyst in gathering requirements, developing prototypes, getting the BRD approval and participated in project meetings.
• Designed the model based on the requirements for different subject areas and by analyzing the underlying data.
• Created Models using star schemas and snowflake schemas, Packages using Framework Manager.
• Built models containing query subjects, query items, namespaces and folders.
• Worked on integrating Cognos with java application using SDK for running and archiving reports for different submissions.
• Removed loop joins by creating shortcuts.
• Created model based calculations, filters and relationships to make it feasible for the report authors.
• Created complex reports using Report Studio, Analysis studio.
• Developed Standard Reports, List Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts (Pie Charts, Column Charts, Bar Charts, and Line Charts), Drill through Reports and Master Detail Reports using Report Studio.
• Built Customized Charts like age analysis and trending , Enhanced Report Layouts
• Created prompts, Calculations, Conditions, Filters using Report Studio.
• Created Query Prompts, Developed Prompt pages and Conditional Variables.
• Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection.
• Worked with master-detail reports, drill-through, prompts, complex calculations, formatting, conditional formatting, Bursting reports, Crosstab, multi-query reports, charts.
• Scheduled and Bursted Reports on weekly, monthly basis.
• Deployed packages, folders and content store from a development environment to test and then to production environments.
• Have used SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) transformations in the data flow of a package to aggregate, merge, distribute, and modify data.
• Fine tuned SQL queries and reports for performance.
• Exposed to Transact-SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Packages, UNIX Shell scripting and Windows batch file creations for Oracle9i/8i, SQL Server2k databases.
• Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
• Trained users in query studio and provided sample report Studio reports to the users for getting them used to the report layout and functionality. Environment: Cognos 10.2BI, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis studio, Frame Work Manager, Java, Java Script, HTML, SQL, SSIS,PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2K, Linux 5.4,Data Stage.
- Sr. Cognos Developer at Citibank
- Sr. Cognos Developer at BASF
- Sr. Cognos Developer at Pfizer
- Cognos Developer at Vanguard
3 years at this Job
VF Corp is one of the leading organizations in retail sector with different brands like Nautica, Vans, Timberland and Wrangler. Business would like to see the growth of the brands in different regions along with their point of sale with the seasonal offers which includes the traffic. Based on the solutions provided by the BI team, Users will make use of the adhoc models which will help management to take key business decisions. Responsibilities:
• Implemented Agile Framework in handling complex projects and worked towards successful completion of the project with more accuracy of the results by meeting all the technical requirements of the business.
• Extract sources from DB2 and Created ETL jobs using Informatica power centre
• Deploying the reports and packages using Linux environment
• Worked on Cognos 11 POC to build confidence to the users on the cognos features
• Designed and developed Cognos BI environment to support high concurrency
• Worked with Business Analysts and end users to understand the business and provide technical solutions
• Responsible for all technical design deliverables and enhanced existing Cognos development processes
• Collaborated with peer business intelligence and data warehouse architects on reporting solution designs
• Provided technical support for Cognos applications including report analysis, development, maintenance, and report migration.
• Developed strong framework manager models by avoiding the fan traps and implemented proper securities and publishing packages.
• Developed complex reports using the Report Studio and Query studio
• Provided training, support and guidance to use best practices for Adhoc query users and report authors
• Promoted different dashboards deployed on QA server to PROD server based on user requests and created tasks and triggers on these dashboards and distributed them to authorized users.
• Written technical documentation for the application developed, file structure information and data model structure and core KPIs implemented in the application for future references.
- Senior Cognos Developer at VF Corp
- Senior Cognos Developer-Cognizant at Abbvie
- Cognos Developer -Cognizant at Abbott
- Cognos Developer -Cognizant at Emirates National Bank Dubai
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Engineering - Computer Sciences
This project is for State of Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation (Insurance Domain) - Core Reporting System to Support and Implement a new Claims, Policy, Medical, Hospital and Billing system (PowerSuite). This new implementation is shifting Data Warehouse and Reporting infrastructure from DB2 and OEPM (Hyperion) to Oracle/Vertica and Cognos. The nature of data is also changing as data elements are changing purpose and semantics as part of the transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Involved in Requirement gathering, Requirement analysis to fit the current, prioritized goals of the organization.
• Created Framework Model and packages based on the requirements & Created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects and publish the Package for reporting.
• Created FM Branching and Merging to work multiple users on single FM Model.
• Extensively Developed/Maintained multiple Cognos FM Models for different Business Reporting groups like Employer, Policy, Claim, Medical, Actuarial and Hospital Bills.
• Developed Complex Dashboard Reports, Drill through Reports, Master Detail Reports using Report Studio, Query Studio and Analysis Studio.
• Involved in providing technical expertise in requirements gathering, reports/cubes design, development and implementation.
•Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSIS -2012/2008 in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
• Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
• Document functional specification, technical specification and unit testing requirements as assigned.
• Designed Dashboards and Reports using IBM Cognos Analytics 11 and Demonstrated to Business SME's.
• Created Data modules in IBM Cognos Analytics 11.x. Environment: Cognos 11.x, 10.2.2 suite, (Framework Manager, Report Studio), HP Vertica, IBM DB2,Tableau 10.x, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Hadoop PYSpark.
- Sr. Cognos Developer at State of Ohio BWC
- Sr. Cognos BI Analyst at The College Board
- Sr. Cognos BI Analyst at The Vanguard Group Inc
- Sr. Cognos Developer at JP Morgan Chase
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Science
The SPACES application will be a Moderate eligibility system to replace ND legacy systems that complies with Medicaid ACA (Affordable Care Act) and Non-ACA requirements, SNAP, TANF, CCAP programs. It provides eligibility determinations and creates a common portal for case workers. It performs data collection, generate notices and Issue benefits. Responsibilities:
• Develop Dashboards using IBM Cognos Analytics 11.8 and Business Insight Advanced in 11.0.8.
• Created tables to build staging and integration jobs along with jobs running responsibility in DataStage based on users adhoc requests.
• Experience in report writing using Report Studio 10.2.2/11.0.8, Work Space, and Work Space Advanced.
• Worked with Security Administration within Cognos Connection in Defining roles and permission
• and matched them across all environments for multiple applications.
• End-to-end report design expertise from requirements gathering through published reports.
• Experience in gathering requirements from end users, specifying data fields and formulas, and
• Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
• Experience in Transformer model design and Power play cube building.
• Created Relational and Dimensional Models using multiple data sources and publishing
• packages to Cognos connections in Framework Manager
• Giving support to the existing model in Cognos Framework manager
• Interacted with Customers for requirement gathering, effective analysis and to provide end- user training.
• Created complex dashboards with piechart, Crosstab and Multiprompts in Report Studio
• Experience designing a variety of products such as scorecards, drill-through reports, data cubes, ad hoc queries, interactive visualizations, and models for analysis.
• Modelling and supporting the Cubes.
• Upgraded successfully Cognos BI applications within the target time.
• Proven analysis, design, development, and testing skills.
• Created complex reports that had multiple pages, multiple UI items like lists, charts, graphs, etc.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Training the Cognos users on the Report Studio, Query Studio.
• Support for the Cognos Business Suite.
• Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling
- COGNOS Developer / Administrator at SPACES - Dakota Health Services
- Tableau Visualization and Cognos Developer at VF Corp - Greensboro
- Cognos Module Lead at Abbvie
- Cognos Module Lead at Abbott
2 years, 5 months at this Job