Promoted from Head Teller to Collection Specialist. As one of two in the collection department, my duties were wide and varying. I developed my multitasking ability by covering in different departments, such as call center and loan processing, while still taking care of my day to day collection duties.
• Run weekly delinquency reports and follow up with contact to members
• Keep monthly and quarterly spreadsheets up to date
• Beginners experience with bankruptcy, repossession, retirement accounts, and processing home loans
- Collection Specialist at People's Community Federal Credit Union
- Teller/Head Teller at People's Community Federal Credit Union
- Sales Associate at Globe Lighting
- Sales Associate at Kohl's Hazel Dell
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
I am currently a collection specialist at the Waukesha county courthouse. My daily activities include making phone calls to debtors who owe the county of Waukesha or anyone of our 32 municipalities. I speak Spanish. I also use the collection system CUBS and I am white belt certified in Six Sigma.
- Collection Specialist at Waukesha County
- Seasonal customer service at WE Energies
- Bilingual Client/Carrier Rep at Trans International
- Collection Specialist at Lakeshore Medical Clinic
4 years, 11 months at this Job
Position as a collection specialist I specialize in compiling and collecting outstanding accounts owed to an existing client base. Essentially a collection specialist or (debt collector) I'm required to utilize all tools at my disposal to acquire information on each consumer and use a variety of means to get in contact with friends, relatives or consumer themselves to educate & offer repayment options. ❖ Communications (calling) ❖ Typing ❖ Experienced with programs such as Latitude and Libre ❖ Skilled in Microsoft functions Excel, Word Document ❖ Skip tracing for updated information ❖ Internet Searches ❖ Breaking down financials either annually or monthly ❖ Organize accounts by balances, time zone or times worked ❖ Follow up on each account weekly
- Collection Specialist at Account Control Technology
- Boss Pizza Company at
- Third Key Manager at Susie's Deals
3 years, 1 month at this Job
Collection Specialist Specialized in collection Medical billing. Prepared medical appeals of rejected claims for a favorable resolution. Process Medical Claims for HMO, Medicare, Medicaid, and private Insurance Companies. Responsible for Mercy Hospital & MT. Sinani Medical Center accounts with the Meditech System, Medic Pac, Epic, Star and BCA Facs System. Process and resolved pended items from the client's account receivable. Responsible for the secondary billing process. Worked with Workers compensations claims and Auto insurance company.
- Collection Specialist at HMO, Medicare, Medicaid, and private Insurance Companies
- Collection Specialist II at AVISENA INC
- Quality Assurance Specialist & Medicaid Specialist at APPLE FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- Sr. Claim Examiner at Hip Health Plan
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
As an Insurance Collection Specialist, I was responsible for initial billing and resolving unpaid or rejected insurance account which are not collected through billing and follow up.
• Credit Counselor| Harbour Credit Counselor 03/2003- 08/2006 Responsible for more than 100 individuals on the debt management program. Lowered APR and had fees waived and/or stopped for clients on the program. Counseled clients through issues and concerns with their debts.
- Collection Specialist at University of Rochester
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Medical Billing and Coding
Collection specialist, Garnishment department; Data entry, knowledge with STAR, TITANIUM, various other systems, making outbound call, taking inbound calls, handling high stress customer service requirements.
- Collection Specialist at GC Services
- Call Center Advisor at Teleperformance USA
- Transport/Crane Operator, Plant Utility, Quality Lab Technician, Annealing Pickle Welder at AK Steel Coshocton Works
- Candle Maker at Alene Candles
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Information Technology Systems Administration - Information Technology
I currently work as a billing and collection specialist with Option Care. I bill out medical claims for a certain insurance group as they get confirmed and shipped out from the pharmacy department. After I confirm everything on the claim looks correct, as far as codes, units, pricing, etc. I then bill it out as well as do the follow up on the claim. If the insurance company denies or does not pay the correct amount, I look at the claim and either contact the insurance company or submit a corrected claim with the new revisions. This job requires me to be very thorough in my work as well as efficient, I also have to work in a timely fashion as these are time sensitive claims that need to be processed, paid or corrected in a short amount of time. I also have to work with other departments as well as other billers at times to resolve claim issues or provide the proper documentation.
- Collection Specialist at OPTION CARE
- Document Specialist at OPTION CARE
- Leasing Agent & Office Assistant at DBC RENTALS
- Crew Member at CULVER'S
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors in Business Administration - dual degrees
- Associate of Art - Art
- High School Diploma
OREGON JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURTS Fast-paced, high production within a professional environment, expected to meet multiple daily deadlines. Washington County Circuit Court, Hillsboro OR 2005 to present Current: Collection Specialist * Frequent customer service by phone and in person contact with defendants, Attorneys, Probation officers and outside agencies. * Phone and in-person contact with people from diverse backgrounds, at times who are angry, hostile, confused or frustrated. * Interact by phone and in person setting up payment plans with defendants after court. * Prepare cashiers deposits for deposit / Scan cashiers banking paperwork to Business and Financial Service Department in Salem Oregon. * Ensure cashiers have pre-determined cash in mornings to open and receive cash from each cashier at end of day and securing in department vault * Cashier and Back up cashier, receive monies at public service counter and by mail then balance cashier till then prepare deposit. * Review collection reports, send court cases to Collections, prepare cases for non-payment warrants or Sanction Licenses. * Review defendant case financials for discrepancies. * Enter documents into court case register within pre-determined timelines. * Receive and prepare court case for Bankruptcy. * Scan once a week documents into court cases. * Prepare and send judgments to Judges. * Answer letters from defendants and Attorneys. * Prepare copies and certify the information as necessary or as requested.
- Collection Specialist at Washington County Circuit Court
- Lead clerk at Washington County Circuit Court
- Traffic / Criminal/Civil Cashier, Collections, Records clerk, Information desk at Lane County
14 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
As a 3rd party professional collection specialist I had my own desk and was in charge of the accounts on this desk. I had excellent communication skills and rapport with my customers helping them to develope and establish a plan to reduce their debt while maintaining and hitting my monthly goal. Very knowledgeable in a wide range of collections including medical, utilities, and several others. Following specific policies and procedures allows debt collectors to produce the est results while negotiating with the customer to reduce their debt. Skip tracing is also very important in locating and motivating customer to pay their financial obligations while understanding their needs. Making phone calls daily, collecting insurance information, and sending customers invoices when requested with their account history. Attention to detail and accurate documentation are key in collections to decrease cost and increase revenue recovery.
- Collection Specialist at Bonneville Collections
- Collection Specialist at Works & Lentz
- Assistant Manager at Continental Credit Corporation
4 years, 8 months at this Job
Debt Collection Specialist through RPM, in AT&T, Direct Tv and Verizon Wireless
- Debt Collection Specialist at Receivables Performance Management
- Food Prep/Cook at Olive Garden
- Market Researcher at Issues & Answers
- Mill Worker at Performance Lumber
1 month at this Job