Optimized collections on consumer and business accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interests of the Credit Union. Provided education to members and internal team members to prevent future delinquency or losses to the Credit Union, and handled escalated calls, title work, auto repossession issues and branch walk-ins.
- Collections Officer at Orlando Federal C.U
- Account Executive at The Berkley Group / Lando Resorts
- Sales Consultant at Sanford Infiniti & Mercedes Benz
- Sr. Collections Specialist at Chase Card Services
1 year at this Job
- Some college
• Efficiently collect tax and other agency debts from business and individual taxpayers.
• Approve or deny adjustment requests based on review of Collection Division procedures.
• Review, investigate and respond to e-mail and phone inquiries from taxpayers in a call center environment.
• Effectively negotiate payment using strong knowledge of the Department of Revenue's policies and procedures. Provide multiple options to taxpayers, with the goal of collaboration to achieve success.
• Evaluate, analyze, investigate and provide detailed explanations to business and individual taxpayers the options for resolving delinquent debts.
• Regularly educate and coach customers, providing each with clear, concise and accurate explanations of often-complex situations in an easy to understand format.
• Proactively opted in to assist customers that walk-in, providing accurate and excellent service to each; additionally provide back-up support for customer calls as part of membership on the ACD Team.
• Analyze and interpret financial documents in order to determine what payment amount is in the best interest of the taxpayer and The State of Minnesota.
• Diligently enforce progressive complex collection techniques, as needed, to ensure compliance with state tax filing requirements.
• Frequently assist colleagues with completing in-depth research as part of The Collection Division Lexis Nexis Expert Group.
• Active in a variety of Division initiatives, including writing creative articles for The Link throughout the year.
• Volunteer writer for Department of Revenue REVNEWS.
• Volunteered to participate in the Collection Division Employee Development focus group (10/15).
- Collections Officer at Collections Division
- Collections Officer 2, Collections Division at MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
- Health Care Claims Specialist, Health Care Operations Division at MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- Customer Service Specialist Intermediate, Child Support Division at MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associates of Science - Individualized Professional Studies
- associates - customer service
Handle collections of delinquent account including charge off, judgments, overdrafts, and open accounts.
- Collections Officer at Mayville State Bank
- Volunteer Driver at Drive Medicare and Medicaid
- Senior Area Manager at International Profit Associates
- Senior Business Consultant at International Profit Associates
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- None - Law
- College Preparatory
* Qualify loans and cash checks according to Cashback guidelines. * Evaluate car values and qualifications for title loans. * Follow up with collections accounts and resolve any outstanding issues with customers. * Prepare and process personal and debt consolidation loan applications for customers. * Assisted in the counting and reconciliation of the check box with team members.
- Collections Officer at Cashback Loan
- Universal Banker at Credit Union Bank of Southern California
- Teller at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
- Manager at Triston Cinemas
6 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
* Worked under limited supervision and was responsible for collection of debts due the state, and enforcement of tax laws. * Generated and answered telephone calls and correspondence for enforced collections of various tax areas. * Managed District Function Unit by using computer systems to manage levies and to process payment agreements. * Effectively researched and communicated information regarding interpretation and application of various tax laws, technical/delinquent tax, or account adjustments. * Provided technical assistance to taxpayers, employers, attorneys, and CPA's, with regard to notices, levies, payments, payment agreements, and debt offsets for state refunds.
- Central Collections Officer C at South Carolina Department of Revenue
- Auditor II at South Carolina Department of Revenue
- Payroll Checker at Randstad Staffing
- Temporary position located at Staples Corporate Office at Spherion
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration degree - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
• Polished my communication skills and phone ettique by making daily calls to clients and tax payers.
• Main objective was to collect information on tax payers and contact them regarding delinquent property taxes for the appraisal districts.
• Also responsible for keeping organized digital records for clients, training new employees, handling payments, and making agreements. Mar 2017- Jul 2018
- Collections Officer at Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott LLP
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors degree in General Studies - Biology
Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls. Resolve delinquent accounts. Reviewing credit bureaus and update disputes. Skip tracing accounts. Processing payments and reviewing payment histories. Prepare accounts for repossession and charge off.
- COLLECTIONS OFFICER at FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION
- COLLECTIONS OFFICER at DUVAL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- at COLOMER USA, CONSUMER SERVICES
3 years, 1 month at this Job
Contact delinquent and negative share accounts by phone and mail. Analyzes members financial situations, provides financial counseling, negotiates arrangements, and/or resolve member service issues to bring their accounts current. Maintain the Credit Union's charged-off and accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity. Insure that all collection activity is within Credit Union procedure, while conforming to State and Federal regulations. Identify potential underwriting problems and inform management of same. Make contact and ensure that guarantors and co-borrowers on delinquent accounts are promptly and continuously notified of the status of any delinquent account they have endorsed. Attend small claims court and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Collections Officer at Tyndall Federal Credit Union
- Office Manager at Ground Zero Metalworks
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at Cox Pools
- Collection Officer at Gold's Gym -Club Administrative Services
4 months at this Job
• Customer Service
• Cash Handling
• Recover Assets from clients and often appear in court
• Actively use Accurint, OJIN, Equifax Skip Tracing, PACER and other collection software
- Collections Officer at Commercial Adjustment
- Recovery Specialist at Mid Oregon Federal Credit Union
- Collections Officer at NW Preferred FCU
- Loan Workout Closing Specialist at Wilshire/Merrill Lynch
11 months at this Job
- High school
Responsibilities Locate and notify customers of delinquent account by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment. Duties include receiving payment; initiating repossession proceedings and keeping records of collection status of accounts. Attend small claims court for charged off customers. Process and record judgments and garnishments .Also handled all bankruptcy by submitting proof of claim and attending court hearings. Accomplishments When I initially started as a collector at UL Credit Union their delinquency ration was 3.6%, now we're down to 0.4 percent. I've had a huge impact on their delinquency ratio. Skills Used I applied my experience as a collector and my ability to fight delinquency with persistence and determination
- Collections Officer at UL Credit Union
- AMBULANCE SERVICE MANAGER at BILLER
- INSURANCE COLLECTOR/ADMIT REPRESENTATIVE at DOCTORS HOSPITAL
- PBX Operator at DOCTORS HOSPITAL
4 years at this Job
- - Business
- High School Diploma