Ref. Nicole Ditillo (919) 515-5247) ❖ Conducted a growing total of 500 student interactions and tracking these interactions in a database as I help high school juniors and seniors prepare to matriculate into higher education ❖ Plan and conduct field trips to college campuses while maintaining student safety ❖ Collaborate with staff members to assist students in completing SAT/ACT and FAFSA
- College Advisor at College Advisor @ South Granville HS
- NC State Teacher's Assistant at Dr. Tracey Ray
- paralegal for women at Opportunities & Service
- Maintenance Worker at NC State Maintenance Staff
8 months at this Job
- BA - Political Science
• Serves as the academic advisor to 100 – 200 Seniors, responsible for providing support to students enrollment services including: college selection application process, trade school options, career navigation, and
• Familiarizes Juniors and Seniors with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) including the application process, the username process, troubleshooting, reviewing award letters, and how to complete verification requests
• Create weekly and monthly data error reports to maintain an updated student roster. Record daily activity reports in our
• Customer Management Software, CollegePath, which includes tagging services for later data synthesis.
• Established interpersonal skills, able to use verbal and non-verbal cues during team conversations in order to effectively
• collaborate on creative solutions and problem solving, worked with over 20 rotating community partners.
• ImpACT Site Coordinator
• Oversee the recruitment and the production processes for an afterschool ACT preparation program, focuses on math/reading skill development and testing strategies; it requires data collection of participants: math/ reading scores and attendance.
• Meet strict data standards around the federally funded program and collected the requested information including student/parent/teacher surveys, Saturday morning parent sessions, and overnight out-of-town field trips.
- College Advisor at College Now Greater Cleveland
- President at The Young Latino Network
- Talent Acquisition, Human Resources Intern at Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Billing Specialist at International Services Center
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration
Assisted underserved families with all aspects of the college admission process to increase equitable access to higher education (on a sliding scale and pro bono basis)
• Supported 1st generation and low income students achieve admissions into their "best fit" schools including highly selective, state, and local colleges and helped families negotiate financial aid packages to increase affordability
• Worked with students on-on-one to brainstorm and edit essays to showcase their unique strengths and personal stories despite systemic barriers or socio-economic hardship
• Designed and presented college admissions seminars for non-profit, community, and faith-based organizations to educate and empower families about the college admission and selection process (at no cost)
- College Advisor at College Simplified
- Substitute College & Career Readiness Advisor at Fort Bend ISD
- Immigration Consultant at self-employed
- Immigration Consultant at Alliance for Multicultural Community Services
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Political Science/Economics
- Bachelor of Laws degree - Laws
Present high school, college & career readiness lessons for 9th & 10th graders, academic case management of African American 11th & 10th graders, advise Black Student Union
- College Advisor at College Prep O'Connell High School
- Site Coordinator at College Prep O'Connell High School
- Assistant Program Coordinator Young Community Developers at
- Americorps Member at City Year at Overfelt High School
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Race & Gender Studies - African American History and Feminist Studies
● Assist high school students with college applications, scholarships, and financial aid
● Raise awareness about college to middle school students through presentations and interactive activities
● Hold college fairs, interviews, and workshops
- College Advisor at College Confident
- Youth Worker at SCO Family of Services
- Lead Teacher at Everbrook Academy of Manhattan
- Student Counselor at Brooklyn Lab School
5 months at this Job
- Masters in Counselor Education - School Counseling
- BA of Science - Human Services
• Assisted over 315 low-income, first generation, and underrepresented high school students with the college-going process over the course of two years.
• Increased case load by 65% in the second year and have surpassed all first-year percentages to date, including a 98% increase in FAFSA submitted.
• Regularly updated and analyzed the data system GRACE to meet various program goals.
• Attended and facilitated monthly Post-Secondary Team meetings and submitted written reports to the school district.
• Created multiple presentations and handouts in order to present in Junior and Senior classrooms about the college going process.
• Communicated and advised students and parents via email, phone, text, and in person meetings.
- College Advisor at TCU College Advising Corps
- Sales Floor Team Member at Target
- Member at Tau Beta Sigma Honorary Band Sorority
- Administrative Assistant at Tarrant Literacy Coalition
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
Provides suggestions for college persistence, increased retention rates, college preparation, student engagement and student outreach.
- College Advisor at CUNY Early Entry Program Planning Work Group
- College Counselor at College Confident
- College Coach, Research Foundation CUNY at College Confident
- Group Leader at Brooklyn Children's Museum
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts
CAMERON R. CONNER 9543 Roslan Pl. St. Louis, MO 63114 (314) 369-3709 [email protected]
- College Advisor at Missouri College Advising Corp
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Mass Communication
Provided advisement, mentoring and college resources to high school students throughout The Bronx, NY. Traveled to program sites throughout the Bronx to advise teens on college bound efforts. Provided year-round group counseling and individual sessions to middle school and high school students attending MMCC programs. Supported students in all aspects of the college admissions processing including but not limited to; researching colleges, completing college applications and completing financial aid applications. Advised students on choosing relevant college majors. College tours are planned for high school students throughout the United States. Chaperoned and supervised day and overnight college tours for middle and high school students. Maintained College Bound student records and outreach contact lists, ensuring the accuracy, continuity and security of the data.
- College Advisor at Montefiore Mosholu Community Center
- Site Manager/Quality Coach at Jumpstart for Young Children
- Community School Director at Renewal Community School
- Program Coordinator/Site Supervisor at Isaacs Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science degree - Education
- Master of Science degree - Human Services
At West Roxbury Academy
• Received 400 hours worth of training on various types of college advising topics, including youth development, undocumented students, FAFSA and more
• Worked with over 200+ seniors and juniors 1-on-1 and in groups, guiding them on their future planning process
• Provided students with financial, emotional and academic support
• Coordinate college field trips with 40 students a trip
• Tracked and managed student data in order to measure students progress
• Presented to classrooms that contained 15+ students and spoke in assemblies containing 100+ students
• Reached out to students via face to face, email or text to schedule meetings
• Maintained healthy relationships with partners in order to effectively reach out and help the seniors and underclassmen.
• Planned decision day
- College Advisor at College Advising Corps, Boston University
- Student Services at Boston College School of law
- Lyft Driver at
- Enrollment specialist at Admissions Office, Eastern Nazarene College
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion - Religion