Betty Moore Carter
• (708) 843-3213
• [email protected] Social Services Professional tenacious optimize and perseverance integrate into launching academic planning, with a directive in implementing the pedagogical approach of teaching, financial assistance, tutoring, and incorporate workshops to promote and cultivate academic success with leadership experience in education and clinical counseling. Experience to program and incorporate an achieve success working with a diverse and inclusive environment. AMERICAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, Indianapolis, IN Education Specialist: Leadership, NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, Chicago, IL Master of Arts: Human Resource Development Bachelor of Arts: Social Work KENNEDY KING COLLEGE, Chicago, IL Associate of Arts: Mental Health ADVISING EXPERIENCE OLIVE–HARVEY COLLEGE, Chicago, IL Advising, Instructor, and Adult Educator Executed and coordinated the planning, promotion and delivery of advising, registration and transitions workshops and events for newly admitted students. · Established and facilitated collaborative and supportive relationships with academic division financial assistance and faculty. Assisted in other areas of the college as appropriate in recruitment efforts or the de to support specials populations. · Program and aligned BP in teaching ESL low Beginning and ABE low intermediate to increase student’s outcomes and NRS Goals, and to help students make Level Gains on the CASA and TABE TEST Score. Coached individual and group tutoring to GED and college students. Increased student’s ability to pass the GED Test for Language Arts, Social Studies, Sciences, and the Constitution by providing reading material related to the Constitution. Guided worked with management, staff and other educators in order to meet students’ academic and career needs beyond ESL and ABE Program. Launched and collaborated with the College Transition and Academic Advisor to help students to the Gateway Program. Spearheaded and Led COMPASS Test Reading and Writing Workshops. Administered English sessions for visiting scholars to guide them through their cross-cultural journey, and to help them meet their English profanely. Integrated and advised students within embedded weekly computer literacy courses. Campaigned and pioneered a leading role in workshops and provide presentation on tutoring using a Jeopardy game. LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE SEQUIN SOCIAL SERVICES, Cicero, IL Supervisor/ Case Manager Supervised and coached staff that assisted developmental activities of disabled residents to live independently guided to supervised with a pager 24 hours daily and adhered to immediate calls from staff, administration, hospitals and nursing emergencies. Organized and coordinated caseload as a case manger of 35- 40 residents of three locations and Supervised the staff and facilitated house activities in Brookfield, River Forest, and Oak Park homes. Coordinated and organized medical appoints as a case manager to various hospitals McNeal Hospital Oak Park Hospital, etc. Facilitated planned and coached the Annual Staff meetings for the residents as a case manager for of all three house locations in Brookfield IL, River Forest IL, and Oak Park IL, and collaborative in meeting with Medical team, State Guardian, Psychiatrist, and family members etc. Supervised and achieved approved budget for the house bills, and activities for residents and staff outings. Designed incorporated and supervised staff to oversee the patient’s treatments goals daily. Administered organized and guided utilization reviews based on the state guidelines and agency procedures and policies. COUNSELING EXPERIENCE Loretto Hospital, Chicago IL Flex Milieu Counselor Program to integrate and motivate success in individual counseling Launch and diagnose Conduct Assessments Organize facilitate coach and motivate to advise the substance abuse groups HAYMARKET CENTER AT COOK COUNTY JAIL, Chicago, IL Senior Counselor II Incorporated and launched assessments for women inmates and provided referrals to available resources. Supervised directed and refocused program in an individual group counseling session. · Screened interviewed and diagnosed clients for referrals to available resources; conducted and scheduled the follow-up and administered with evaluated of services. BOBBY E. WRIGHT MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, Chicago, IL MHP-Case Manager Programmed coordinated inspired and motivated to counseled clients in individual or group sessions to assisted them to managed with motivated success to be resilient and overcome substance abuse, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse. · Motivated inspired coached advocated cultivated and aligned clients to adhered to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, or provided support. · Conducted and assed house visited, and plan budgeted. Supervised patients request for finances. WOMEN TREATMENT CENTER, Chicago,IL Senior Counselor II - Executed influenced mentored advised guided and diagnosised female paroles with assistance in overcoming dependencies, advised and guided to adjust to life, and parental care. · Developed superheated implemented shaped clients to maintained relationships with community referral sources, such as schools and community groups. Coordinated and facilitated advanced successful utilization reviews. ENLRICON METHADONE OUTPATIENT CLINIC, Chicago, IL Lead Counselor Chaired and coordinated utilization reviews within the committee. Charted on individuals and facilitated group counseling on a diverse of women and men. Achieved 100% of coordinated an accurate records and reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information. Launched directed influenced as s Supervisor upon the administration request. Instituted and orchestrated Court Appeals and provided progress reports. OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE GATEWAY FOUNDATION OF THE COOK COUNTY JAIL, Chicago, IL Senior Intake Coordinator Incorporated launched inspired assessments to rehabilitated 125 women daily for outcomes productive success. Achieved integrated screened reached interviewed and coached clients for referrals to available resources and conducted and launched follow-up and evaluation of services. Organized audit and designated Over the charts to designated counselors. Customized and influenced two-week orientation for the new admits. Facilitated and conducted urines drops as needed. Executed and orchestrated progress reports to the Judges, Parole Officers, Department of Child and Family Services. Audit and launched utilization reviews. SKILLS Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Jack Canfield Workshops: One Day to Greatness KAPPA DELTA PI International Honor Society in Education Member ( Victory outreach Vocation Education Training Institute (Theological Studies)
- College Advisor at OLIVE-HARVEY COLLEGE
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- College Advisor at On Point for College
- Graduate Ambassador at SUNY Oswego
- Mentor at Catholic Charities
- Graduate Assistant- Transfer Counselor at SUNY Oswego
1 month at this Job
- Master's - Strategic Communication- Organizational and Healthcare Communication
- Bachelor's - Gender and Women's Studies (minor 1: Human Development. minor 2: Nutrition)
- Associate - Liberal Arts w/ Psychology concentration
at David Starr Jordan High School in Long Beach, CA
● Provide individualized support to a senior class of 653 students, whom consist of a population of first generation, low-income, and underrepresented students
● Directly assist with college access such as college and financial aid applications, SAT/ACT, and school selection
● Work collaboratively with guidance staff, principals, and teachers to increase awareness and preparation of a college going culture among the students which includes and not limited to workshops or classroom presentations
● Contact university representatives and schedule campus visits so students can receive specific information on both in state and out of state universities
● Document all student interactions on daily basis to assist in the assessment and long-term sustainability of the program
● Organize group events that encouraged students and their families to consider, plan for and apply to colleges and universities
● Manage a modest budget and organized a school-wide college celebration annually called Decision Day to celebrate the journey of seniors who have committed to continuing their post-secondary education
- College Advisor at USC College Advising Corps
- Internship at Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind
- College Advisor at Educational Talent Search
- Peer Mentor at Cal State Northridge
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology, Social Justice and Welfare
- High school or equivalent
• Provide academic, transfer, and career guidance to a diverse student caseload.
• Co-Lead the STAR scholarship students, create events and conduct targeted outreach.
• Co-Lead Completion initiatives and Integrated Post- Secondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) through graduation projections and intrusive advising, and retention initiatives.
• Serve as College Advisor Liaison for Reinvention 7 though collaboration in creating the CCC Focus Areas, Guided Pathways to Success (GPS), Course Catalog revisions.
• Train college advisors, clerical staff, faculty, student facing departments, administrators and students on the new Reinvention 7 initiatives and tools.
• Lead the Meet and Greet your Advisor, an event where students (primarily new) have the opportunity to meet their assigned college advisor for the first time.
• Participate in committees for; undocumented students, scholarship, and professional development.
• Incorporate the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) guidelines in all transfer sessions and documents.
• Plan and participate in; Open House, Commencement, and New Student Orientation.
- College Advisor, Gateway Advising and Transition at Wilbur Wright College- City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
- Academic Advisor, University College at Illinois State University (ISU)
- Spanish Lecturer at Department of Languages Literatures and Cultures
- Graduate Extern, Center at
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Higher Education
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition and Dietetics
at "47" American Sign Language & English Secondary School
• Conducted one-on-one meetings with 90 students a year, to discuss student's college and career interests, to advise them on the steps needed to get them into the college or job of their choice.
● Specialized in advising on college enrollment and completion among low-income, first-generation, and underrepresented high school students by delivering personalized, knowledgeable guidance on college admission, financial aid, and enrollment.
● Coordinated 25 college-related events a year, for students and families, such as Financial Aid Night, Parent-Teacher Night, College Awareness Day, workshops from college representatives, and college visits.
● Documented student milestones, manage data, and reporting for the school on college admissions via google drive and excel.
● Provided students resources to overcome emotional or academic obstacles throughout the school year and personally follow-up.
- Full-Time College Advisor at College Advising Corps at New York University
- Advisor at New York University's College and Career Lab
- Graduate Assistant Intern at Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Office
- Graduate Assistant Social Media Coordinator at Department of Graduate & Extended Learning at SUNY New Paltz
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Professional Studies - MPS
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication Studies - Organizational Communication Studies
Assisting high school seniors with post- secondary plans and their transition from high school to college.
- College Advisor at CUNY
- Camp Counselor at
- VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES at New York City high school fair
- Teacher assistant Internship at
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- High School Diploma
Provided advisement, mentoring and college resources to high school students throughout the Bronx, NY
• Traveled to New York City Housing Authority program sites to advise teens on college bound efforts
• Provided year-round group counseling and individual sessions to middle school and high school students
• Supported and assisted students in the college admissions process
• Advised students on choosing relevant college majors
• Planned, chaperoned and supervised day and overnight college tours for middle and high school students
• Maintained student records and outreach contact lists to ensure data security
- College Advisor at Montefiore Mosholu Community Center
- Site Manager/Quality Coach at Jumpstart for Young Children
- Community School Director at Zone 126
- Program Coordinator/Site Supervisor at Isaacs Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- MS in Education in Leadership in Community-Based Learning - Leadership
- MS in Criminal Justice - Human Services
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- Associate - Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts
• Advise students on topics pertaining to academic and personal matters including class registration, academic progress, financial aid status and graduation preparedness.
• Collaborate with other departments at the college including the Financial Aid Office, Counseling Department, Enrollment Services and Career Services to help students resolve issues.
• Assist the students in mapping out or updating their academic plans which can fluctuate throughout their college career if they change majors or have to retake classes.
• Inform students of campus resources to better ensure academic and professional success
• Request feedback from faculty regarding Degree in Three student performance to discuss at future advising appointments.
• Assist with data collection for the monthly and annual performance reports.
• Utilize multiple screens in BANNER to track academic and financial status of the students.
• Enter detailed notes into the grant specific database (CRM) after advising appointments.
• Notify the students of important dates or upcoming events such as the first day to register for classes, FAFSA registration, workshops, and petitioning for graduation.
- College Advisor at Cuyahoga Community College
- Coordinator II at Cuyahoga Community College
- Business Services Assistant Manager at United Labor Agency
- Recruiter at United Labor Agency
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Art - Communication
Advised students (and parents) through workshops and meetings on how to successfully
complete and submit all components of the college admission application including, but not
limited to, financial aid applications, college essay, fee waivers, letters of recommendation, transcript, test scores, resume, FAFSA forms, and CSS profiles
• Supported and advised students on scholarships, grants, and preparing for college interviews
• Revitalized the college attendance culture at multiple Dallas ISD high schools - with majority students from first generation, low income families
• Provided one-on-one college advising and counseling to a caseload of 400+ students
• Assisted campus personnel, colleagues and school members on successfully achieving campus, organizational and district-wide goals
- College Advisor at Academic Success Program Dallas
- AmeriCorps VISTA - Civic Engagement at Citizen Schools
- Graduation Coach at Literacy AmeriCorps of Palm Beach County
- Vice President of Membership at University Program Council
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- B.A. - Sociology
Teach and support college preparation curriculum/experiences through group meetings with Pratt Young Scholars on Saturdays and during the Summer Scholars program.
● Maintain organized filing system and archives of all college related files for the Center K-12.
● Respond to any students who are in college with periodic check-ins and mentoring, as needed.
Teach and support college preparation curriculum/experiences through group meetings with Pratt
Young Scholars on Saturdays and during the Summer Scholars program.
- College Advisor at Pratt Institute
- Research Associate at CUNY Graduate Center
- College Bridge Coach at Brooklyn Collaborative
- Intern at College Access
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - School Counseling
- Bachelors of Arts - Anthropology