2009 - 2010 Commanded a team of technicians (5-15 people). Coordinated departments and other complimentary maintenance teams. Trained new recruits. Assigned work orders and oversaw completion deadlines. Evaluated and executed operations for improvement and efficiency. WORK EXPERIENCE College Assistant - Special Projects
- College Assistant - Special Projects at Baruch College
- Research Assistant at Department of Psychology
- Customer Support/VIP Manager at Department of Psychology
- Orientation Instructor at Research Poster for Andreasi Fair
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Clinical mental health counseling
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- High school
As a college assistant at the Lehman College Media Services I am tasked with handling and distributing student and faculty equipment throughout campus. Other tasks of the job is to manage the database of the equipment, set-up and break down displays, computers, audio, projectors for school events, assist faculty and staff with using equipment. Some of the skills required/used for the position is being knowledgeable in computers, technologically literate, interacting with people, multi-tasking, problem solving.
- College Assistant at Lehman College
- Certified Producer at Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- Inventory Specialist and File Clerk at Columbia University
- Librarian and Yearbook Editor at In-Tech Academy High School
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Film/Television Studies, film focus
• Provided ongoing protective oversight to individuals living in the residence.
• Provided assistance and instruction to each individual in basic activities of daily living.
• Provided observations, evaluations, and reports to other team members to ensure and/or record an individual's progress toward their personal goals.
• Reinforced the use of a variety of communication methods or use of augmented devices.
• Provided a positive environment conducive to learning new skills.
• Communicated with other DSPs, supervisors and/or clinical staff, Individuals, families, employers, community members and others for the purpose of sharing information and obtaining direction. College Assistant | CUNY Medgar Evers College | Brooklyn, NY September 2015 - October 2018
- College Assistant at CUNY Medgar Evers College
- Sales Clerk at Verizon Wireless
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- A.S - Business
• Processed international student requests for work authorization, F-1 student visa, transfer and other F-1 related matters
• Instructed international students on transfer out, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT) application processes
• Managed social media accounts; developed databases such as monitor and ensure On-Campus Employment and Optical Practical Training (OPT) databases are current and in compliances with federal and school policies
• Assisted with workshops and orientations as well as drafted standard procedures for development of office manual for on boarding new college assistants, and coordinated new college assistant trainings
• Provided administrative support such as email correspondence, follow-up phone calls, in-person advisement of student issues, and documented minutes of weekly college assistant staff meetings
- International Student Services - College Assistant at Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Mentor at I.M.P.A.C.T Peer Mentoring Program
- Fashion Entrepreneur - Owner at
11 months at this Job
- Associate in Arts degree - Business Administration
• Assistant the director of Student Affairs with the College Food Pantry
• Assists international students in the admissions/enrollment process and refers international students to appropriate college support services, such as tutoring, vocational education, counseling, orientation, admissions, matriculation, instruction, and public information
• Attends meetings, serves on committees, as needed, to represent the Office of International
- College Assistant at Queensborough Community College
- Report any health issues to the supervising nurse at Queens Center for Progress
- at Royal Rangers
- at The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) (Monitor)
4 months at this Job
- M.S. - Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Dietetics
- Associate Degree in Science - Health Science
Immunization record retention specialist Report monthly imaging status for over 2,000 students immunization records to Assistant Dean of Student Affairs Assists students with achieving immunization requirements compliance handling 10-15 students daily during an eight hour shift Data entry with Microsoft Excel inputting over 200 Cunyfirst accounts monthly
- College Assistant at Brooklyn College
- Football Coach at Staten Island Boys Football League
- Recreation Aide at Brooklyn College
- at Tottenville High School
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school
• Provide middle schoolers from around the city with specialized college tours
• Prepare materials for trainings and tours
• Set up rooms and electronic materials for each school
• Respond to program director and program needs
- College Assistant at York College CUNY
- YORK COLLEGE TOUR GUIDE/EVENT PLANNER at RESEARCH FOUNDATION CUNY
- CASHIER at KMART
- AMERICORPS TEAM LEADER at Jumpstart Children first
5 months at this Job
Supervised and monitored the computer lab.
● Proctored exams for college students and helped with technology issues.
● Trained staff on the jobs requirements.
● Communicated with faculty members and staff, emails or in person.
● Helped students and faculty members borrow materials from the lab and updating records.
- College Assistant at College of Staten Island
- Independent Study/ College Assistant at College of Staten Island
- 3 West 96-97 street - Summer Counselor at Oasis Summer Camp
- Janitor (Community Assistant Officer) at WeWork
9 months at this Job
- BA - Sociology/Anthropology
• Streamline advising appointments for current and new students utilizing starfish database system
• Operate and direct telephone calls between director, advisors, students, and other college staff
• Strong attention to detail including labeling and filing student documents
• Singlehandedly prepare material for meetings, forums, and other campus events
• Apply policy and procedures to maintain the confidentiality, security, and accuracy of student information as required
• Proficient in Microsoft office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- COLLEGE ASSISTANT at QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE CUNY RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- FILE CLERK at NEW YORK PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELING CENTER
- CUSTOMER CONSULTANT at THE BODY SHOP
- STUDENT INTERN at THE NEW YORK COALITION FOR 100 BLACK WOMEN
6 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - MEDIA STUDIES
• Interacted with students in tutorial sessions to sharpen mathematical and problem solving skills.
• Participated as a teacher's assistant in a classroom for incoming freshmen.
• Implemented acquired skills in sessions in order to aid in academic achievement of students.
- College Assistant at York College Percy E. Sutton SEEK Program
- Undergrad Researcher at York College Percy E. Sutton SEEK Program
- Summer Intern at York College Applied Research
- at South Shore Productions
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Physics