LISA Academy 2012-2014-had a baby and earn master degree in school counseling field.
• Provided guides students through the entire college admissions process, from satisfying college entrance exam requirements to completing college applications. Guiding the students for writing recommendation letters, contacting college admissions offices and providing students with detailed information about the specific colleges they are considering.
• Developed a campus college atmosphere where the students can make a decision to reach their goals.
• Informing students about the college entrance process and ensuring that each student meets the academic and registration requirements at each step of this process are the main focuses of a College Counselor. When should college entrance exams, such as the ACT, be taken? What scores should students achieve on these exams? When should a student begin submitting college applications? How does a student secure needed documents, such as teacher recommendation letters? What classes should students be taking when preparing for a specific career path? These are among the questions a College Counselor will answer for both students and parents.
2012-2014-had a baby and earn master degree in school counseling field.
- College Counselor at LISA Academy
- Foreign Language Teacher at Harmony Science Academy
- school counselor at Istanbul Orhan Cemal Fersoy High School
- School counselor at Denizyildizlari Elementary School
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Education
- Master's - School counseling
Libertyville High School (LHS) College Resource/Career Center (CRC)
• Technology * Manage content of CRC website, Standardized Testing and Registrar's website aligning with ADA accessibility standards * Distribute biweekly CRC Chronicle newsletter. Content includes: Helpful hints for college, volunteer opportunities, scholarship opportunities, job opportunities and a four-year timeline for all grade levels * Creation of several unique tech applications: Google website for rising seniors as they navigate the admissions process, electronic scholarship application for community scholarships, multiple advertisement methods including videos, slide shows, invitations, and honors book
• Naviance Site Manager for Libertyville High School * Database updates, mass email for upcoming events, statistical analysis of reports * Assist faculty, students, and parents and troubleshoot technology issues
• Schedule, advertise and manage approximately sixteen annual college/career events
• Appointment management using annually updated technology * College Counselor and College Admissions Representative * Advertisement via email, website, and school hall monitors
• Scholarship Management * Manage approximately 120 scholarship opportunities annually in Naviance; communicate with scholarship donors, update applications, advertise via email, website, hall monitor, and bulletin board * Create, update, cull, compile and merge data for 31 community scholarships; collaborate with LHS Scholarship Committee and outside committees for winner selection * Meet with and create scholarship applications for new donors in the community
• Senior Honors Night * Manage communication for over 100 awards: winner selection, check requests, Honors Night presenter, obtaining intros for the winner * Create professional powerpoint for awards presentation; create color Senior Honors Night booklet for distribution that evening; create invitation and program; manage RSVPs and attendance for the evening * Create award certificates; manage RSVPs for presenters; meet and greet community presenters * Manage check distribution to students or to their colleges for all awards
• Assist students with college applications, essays, sending test scores
- Assistant to the College Counselor at Libertyville District 128
- Attendance Clerk-Libertyville High School Student Services Department at Libertyville District 128
- Student Services Secretary/Attendance Clerk - Highland Middle School office at Libertyville District 70
- Substitute Secretary - Rockland Elementary School at Libertyville District 70
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry - Biochemistry
S: Jenny Robledo East Engineering #114 P: 559.278.2276 M/S EE 94 40 hrs/$3,200/month Fresno, CA 93740 Provide advising and counseling services to high school students in target high schools. Case manage caseload of 350+ students. Implement efforts to inform students of postsecondary education and financial aid. Initiate participant identification, recruitment, selection, and intake. Provide advocacy for target student population. Conduct workshops and seminars for: Motivation, Postsecondary opportunities, and Financial Aid. Participate in training needed to ensure successful implementation of assigned duties as related to the accomplishment of stated program objectives. Conduct test proctoring for post-secondary achievement testing (i.e. ACT PLAN). Supervise graduate student counselors. Assist the project director in the preparation of Nelson-White 2 reports, grants, evaluations, proposals, and other program needs. Input and maintain data entry information per student assigned on caseload. Keep abreast of policies and procedures of college admissions for various college systems, financial aid, and college entrance exams. Act as a liaison with school community partners in case management of student population served.
- College Counselor at CSU, Fresno Educational Talent Search Program
- Central California Chapter President/Board Member at WESTOP
- Job Prep Specialist at Goodwill Industries
- Workshop Facilitator at Fresno Career Development Institute (WIA)
15 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Physical Education
- Masters of Science - Rehabilitation Counseling
- - Military Science
• Met with over 180 students for personal counseling, resource management, and advising purposes so far
• Took on several administrative roles: creating a traveling rotation schedule for the counselors, creating a workshop calendar, planned topics and materials for workshops, marketing for our events and workshops, assisted in the departments transition to OneDrive system
•Administered, evaluated, and interpreted a variety of assessments including, NAMI mental health screenings, Myers Briggs, and career assessments to aid in finding appropriate career paths according to their skill sets
• Composed reports regarding the counseling program and maintained files which are confidential in nature
• Provided psycho-educational programming for our campus community on relevant topics such as eating disorders, depression awareness, healthy relationships, study skills, self-care and stress management, through workshops and requested classroom presentations
• Provided crisis intervention services for students and served as a resource to college faculty and staff
• Developed, planned, and executed large scale campus/community resource fair and presented at multiple professional development days
- College Counselor at Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Coordinator of the Office of Peace and Justice at Catholic Diocese of Lexington
- Care Coordinator at Tamassee DAR School
- Volunteer Coordinator/Participant Organizer at Nazareth Farm
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters - Social Work
- B.A. - Religious Studies / Psychology
• Hired as a private college advising consultant to assist students in achieving acceptance to post secondary institutions
• Advise students and families on potential college admissions prospects based on academic scholastic record and extracurricular choices
• Provide knowledge of schools, degree programs and admissions practices
- College Counselor at College Access Plus
- Project Coordinator at Volunteers of America Los Angeles
- Research Assistant, Youth Work Ireland at
- Lead Academic Tutor at Volunteers of America Los Angeles
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Integrative Biology
• Develop and maintain a strong professional and supportive relationship with each youth in Upward Bound
• Provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college admission.
• Assist high school students from low-income families and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree.
• Support Upward Bound to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
• Help students understand the college admissions process and financial aid options.
• Teach students about time management skills required to succeed in college courses
- College Counselor at Gary Comer Youth Center
- Summer Youth Employment Coach at Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Youth Advisor at Gary Comer Youth Center
- ISACorp Representative at
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Implement and combine OneGoal Y1 and Y2 College Persistence curriculum for first-semester seniors to help them decipher post-secondary goals, identify best fit colleges and create a timeline for applying. Provide students with personal assistance with completing the FAFSA, making revisions, and ensuring that the correct schools received student information. Lead individual check-ins with students to conduct GPA and high school transcript audits, progress towards college application benchmarks, prioritize next steps, and provide support and motivation. Manage ongoing communication with alumni cohort of 20+ students to provide ongoing support and to help them overcome varying barriers to persistence.
- College Counselor at Amandla Charter School
- Special Education Teacher at
- City Clerk of Chicago at
- Intern at Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Special Education - Special Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and English
• Meet with juniors and seniors, individually and in groups, to advise and track scholars’ progress with college choices and the admissions process.
• Act as a liaison between my campus and college representatives to facilitate meetings with scholars.
• Create and maintain tracking systems to support alumni once they enroll in the college of their choice.
• Distribute information regarding standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, and TOEFL.
• Teach College Access courses as required.
- College Counselor at Democracy Prep Public Schools
- College Success Coach at New York Foundling
- Foster Care Case Planner at Forestdale Inc
- Afterschool Teacher at Child Center
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Higher Education Administration
- Bachelor's - Sociology
Thailand - Conduct individual and group counseling sessions for 150+ students on how to plan their future career and give them some tips. - Introduced and annual career fairs showcasing. - Decreased students conflict rates by introducing anti-bullying campaign. - Increased college application rates after introducing a training program for senior students on how to complete scholarship and general acceptance applications.
- College Counselor at Pan-Asia International School
- IBDP Business Management Teacher at Pan-Asia International School
- Coordinator at IBDP CAS
11 months at this Job
- BA in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science - Counseling Psychology
● Co-taught College and Career Readiness course to Juniors in order to prepare scholars for the PSAT and SAT, create resumes, develop and hone interviewing skills, research and apply for summer enrichment opportunities, generate balanced college lists, and begin the college application process by generating balanced college lists and drafting resumes.
● Assumed full ownership of the course for 2 semesters, with no dip in performance, after original co-teacher left the role
● Counseled a caseload of 39 scholars to ensure achievement of academic goals and participation in summer enrichment to remain on track to graduate
● Orchestrated student participation in summer enrichment programs with partner organizations including Global Glimpse, The Experiment, and Brown University
● Facilitated the largest career fair in school history
● Advised seven scholars daily by tracking progress toward academic goals, providing life coaching, and planning enrichment activities including field trips off campus
● Strengthened relationships with 11th and 12th grade students' families through consistent communication, presence at family workshops, and support throughout the school year and throughout the college application process
- College Counselor at Coney Island Preparatory High School
- English Teacher at Coney Island Preparatory High School
- English Teacher at East Syracuse Minoa Central High School
11 months at this Job
- MS - English Education
- BA - English and Textual Studies