• Harmony School of Business
• Dallas (current work)
• -West LISA Academy
• Provided guides students through the entire college admissions process, from satisfying college entrance exam requirements to completing college applications. Guiding the students for writing recommendation letters, contacting college admissions offices and providing students with detailed information about the specific colleges they are considering.
• Developed a campus college atmosphere where the students can make a decision to reach their goals.
• Informing students about the college entrance process and ensuring that each student meets the academic and registration requirements at each step of this process are the main focuses of a College Counselor. When should college entrance exams, such as the ACT, be taken? What scores should students achieve on these exams? When should a student begin submitting college applications? How does a student secure needed documents, such as teacher recommendation letters? What classes should students be taking when preparing for a specific career path? These are among the questions a College Counselor will answer for both students and parents. 2012-2014-had a baby and earn master degree in school counseling field.
- College Counselor at LISA Academy
- Foreign Language Teacher at Harmony Science Academy
- school counselor at Istanbul Orhan Cemal Fersoy High School
- School counselor at Denizyildizlari Elementary School
8 months at this Job
- Master of Education
- Master's - School counseling
• Completed all necessary post-doctoral hours as full-time college counselor
• Provided supervisory consultation hours to interns, practicum students, and pre-doctoral interns
• Maintained largest case load of students of eight staff members
• Worked one day a week in Whittier Law School, providing full counseling services to law students independently
• Compiled presentations for classrooms regarding services provided by counseling center to improve awareness of counseling center and its services
• Lectured at campus-wide events on topics ranging from sexual assault to eating disorders
• Participated in all-campus staff meetings, including being part of several inter- disciplinary sub-committees to plan staff events on campus
• Acted as Events Coordinator leading committee in planning and executing bi-weekly campus events alone or with other departments
• Completed all intakes, assessments, notes, and closing paperwork on time
• Assessed students for concussions as needed
• Met with several entire campus sports teams to provide sports psychology related trainings
- College Counselor at Whittier College
- Psychological Assistant at
- Chair at Alliant International University
- Student Board Member, Children & Youth Committee at San Diego Psychological Association
1 year at this Job
- - Clinical Psychology
- Masters - Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in English - Creative Writing
BREBEUF JESUIT PREPARATORY SCHOOL, Indianapolis, IN. College Counselor/Ignatian Scholars Program Coordinator · Responsible for implementing a significant curriculum redesign of the Ignatian Scholars Program, a selective four year academic, leadership, and service program that meets weekly for a class period to explore and match each scholar’s talents, interests, and strengths with possible career paths. Scholars receive help finding relevant internships and summer programs and gain extra and early exposure and guidance concerning the college search and application process. Currently, there are over 135 Scholars in the program. · Responsible for recruiting Brebeuf graduates who are distinguished in their field to come to speak to the Ignatian Scholars as part of the Ignatian Scholars Speaker Series. · Promote and manage the separate application process for the Ignatian Scholars Program, and help make selective admissions decisions as part of a committee (only 10% of the freshman class gains acceptance into the program). · Frequently publish articles regarding the Ignatian Scholars Program onto the school’s website and other various school publications. · Teach six classes (four preps across grades 9-12) a week while also working with a caseload of juniors and seniors, guiding them through the college search and application process. · Initiated, planned, and chaperoned the first Ignatian Scholar College Bus trip to Chicago to see Northwestern University and Loyola Chicago University. The trip will now become an annual event for sophomores and juniors. · Planned and executed the first ever Ignatian Scholar Reception for over 200 students and parents. · Created multiple opportunities for community service for Ignatian Scholars by collaborating with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, an organization that seeks volunteers to participate in beautification projects in and around the city, from planting trees to cleaning up streets and parks. · Responsible for creating and promoting an Internship Registry for Ignatian Scholars by reaching out to Brebeuf parents and alumni who are willing to offer month-long summer internships through their places of business. Scholars are then placed in internships that match their career interests. · Introduced the idea of transitioning the Ignatian Scholars Program to lead into the AP Capstone Program, which will begin at Brebeuf in 2019-2020 academic year. · Managing College Counseling’s Twitter account, sending out tweets to inform student body, parents,and alumni of relevant college related news, updates, and deadlines.
- College Counselor at Indianapolis, IN
- College Counselor at The Princeton Review
- Assistant Director of College Counseling at The Williston Northampton School
- Co-Director of St. Paul's School Advanced Studies Program at St. Paul's School
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelor's - International Relations
- High school or equivalent
• Support and guide all seniors through each step of the college and financial aid application process
• Provide one-on-one college counseling to a caseload of 28 seniors through the admissions cycle including creating a college list, writing and revising the personal statements and supplemental essays, advising on financial aid and scholarships, and making final matriculation decisions
• Work closely with parents and guardians of all students on caseload, coordinating individual meetings with scholars and their families at several points during the academic year
• Plan and lead workshops for parents on key topics (financial aid planning and follow through, different types of institutions, scholarships, etc.) related to the college admissions process
• Ensure students take advantage of special opportunities made available to low-income students in the college search and application process (i.e. fee waivers, diversity / admitted student fly-in visits, university partner programs and scholarships)
• Teach the 12th grade College Readiness Seminar course, Foundations of Leadership IV, including writing lesson plans, maintaining a grade book, and managing seniors in the classroom
• Write Counselor Evaluations for each senior on my caseload and manage the collection of Letters of Recommendations for all seniors, including providing whole group professional development and individual coaching for the Letter of Recommendation writing process for all teachers
• Contact and meet with campus admissions representatives to build positive relationships and market AF Hartford High School applicants. Become familiar with the academic and social environments at the various college's seniors are considering in an effort to recommend suitable matches
• Develop and maintain a robust network of college admission professionals through regular communication and high school visits from colleges and universities that best support first generation, low- income college students
- College Counselor at Achievement First Academy INC
- College Adviser & Recruitment Coordinator at National College Advising Corps
1 year at this Job
- B.A. in American Culture Studies - Social Thought and Social Problems
- - Politics, and Sociology
• Develop curriculum for and teach College Process course designed to assist Seniors through the college application process
• Develop curriculum for and teach college preparedness writing to Seniors in Composition IV course
• Develop curriculum for and teach Early College Access course to Junior class to jumpstart the college application process
• Partner with Personal Counselor to coordinate and facilitate social-emotional learning (SEL) groups for at-risk students
• Coordinate all standardized tests for grade 9-12, including quarterly assessments
• Counsel and support students on post secondary options via 1:1 conferences, letters of recommendation and counselor reports
• Assist students in navigating barriers in college enrollment by facilitating financial aid informational meetings, college readiness workshops and reviewing financial aid packages
• Manage the application process, participation, and coordination of all enrichment and Summer programs
- College Counselor at Urban Prep Charter Academy Englewood
- Transitional Living Center Dormitory Counselor at Sonia Shankman Orthogenic School
- Summer Fun Dormitory Counselor at Sonia Shankman Orthogenic School
- School Counseling Intern at Chicago Public Schools
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MFA - Creative Writing
- BS - Communications/Broadcast Journalism
Student liaison to Admissions, Financial Aid and all departments to identify academic
curriculum and options for student to satisfy degree requirements.
● Conducted home and campus visits by collaborating with parents, faculty and staff administration to establish stakeholders and discuss concerns affecting students'.
● Organized and led workshops providing students' with information on academic tips, financial concerns and opportunities, career planning, and professional development.
- College Counselor at HCZ College Success Office
- Retail Sales Associate at Ann Taylor LOFT
- Retail Sales Associate at GUESS
- Pharmacy Technician at Rite Aid Pharmacy
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. in Psychology - Psychology
- High School Diploma
• Advised students on academic plan and course selection.
• Aided students with their college applications.
• Helped organizing files for graduating students.
• Helped parents at the front desk and over the phone on questions regarding the College Office.
• Assisted other Offices including the library to fulfill their tasks.
- College Counselor at John Kim
- Student Supervisor at Jose Camacho
1 year at this Job
- BA - Political Science
- High School Diploma
- Develop and teach College Readiness Curriculum to sophomores and seniors - Assist senior cohort with their college application and financial aid processes - Coordinate field trips to colleges and college fairs - Gather and maintain student data using the system Naviance - Counsel students and parents on students college wish list as well as Scholarships and Financial Aid
- College Counselor at Henderson Collegiate High School
- Member Services Specialist/Sports Assistant at Henderson Family YMCA
- College Adviser at NC State College Advising Corps
- Intern at Raleigh Convention and Visitor's Bureau
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Program Management
• Test Prep Tutor - I have a mastery of SAT / ACT / SSAT Reading and Verbal sections, allowing me to explain the intricacies of the test and share techniques for saving time with accuracy. I work both one on one with students as young as 11, and in a classroom setting of about 20 students.
• Subject Tutor - Having taken both AP and IB courses in high school, I am able to teach IB English and History III & IV, AP Lit, AP Lang, AP World History, AP Art History, AP European History, and APUSH. I also tutor lower-school students in reading comprehension, composition, and creative writing.
• College Counselor and Essay Editor - Beginning in August, I work one on one with high school seniors to help them pick colleges that align with their goals and navigate the application process. I guide them through brainstorming effective, interesting personal statements, and use the revision process to teach persuasive writing skills that they can use beyond their college applications.
- College Counselor & Essay Editor, Test Prep Tutor at IvyMax
- Private Tutor at self- employed
- Solar Energy Advocate at Calpirg
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science
• Delivered relevant documents between the main office and the counselor's office
• Entered student information from forms into school database
• Guided students through their college and career planning via advice and SAT tutoring
- College Counselor Assistant at Syracuse Academy of Science
- Intern at Blackrock Textile Companies
- Human Resources Assistant at Vendeka Information Technologies
- Marsh Insurance Broker & Risk Management at Information Technologies Department
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology