• Work on large and small scale Commercial Real Estate Transactions, complying with Lenders and their Counsel's Closing Requirements
• Calendar and track Critical Dates for the Transaction Timeline. Acquire documents for Lenders and their Counsel: Construction Plans; Specs; Contractor's documents; Engineers documents and Architect's documents, etc.
• Prepare and Draft Legal Documents to comply with closing requirements i.e. Engineer's; Contractor's and Architect's Certificates; Corporate Resolutions; Corporate documents, etc.
• Prepare and review Closing Documents
• Work with Lenders; Lender's Counsel; Seller and Seller's Counsel to accomplish Closing
• After Closing send required documents to be recorded; prepare a Closing Document Binder and Finalize Owner's and Loan Policies
• Prepare Seller's Closing Documents in connection with the sale of Commercial Property
• Work to make sure that each client is satisfied with our service and will continue to use our firm
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Carlton Fields
- Realtor®, FL Licensed at La Rosa Realty
- Realtor®, FL Licensed at Coldwell Banker Powered by Zip
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Bogin, Munns & Munns PA
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Healthcare Management
- Associate of Science degree - Paralegal
• Reviewed and prepared general correspondence.
• Reviewed purchase and sale contracts.
• Requested and ordered: Real property reports, Certificates of title, Title insurance, Due diligence searches; Maintained files.
• Organized closing funds.
• Calendared all critical dates and contingencies.
• Prepared closing checklists, which included outlining critical dates and the responsibilities of all parties.
• Coordinated closing with all parties in the transaction, including the buyer, sellers, title insurance company, opposing counsel, and lender.
• Prepared transfers/affidavits of transferees, closing documents and closing reports.
• Arranged title searches or ordered title commitments from the title insurance company.
• Reviewed and analyzed the survey.
• Drafted objection letters in the event of any survey and title issues.
• Prepared closing binders.
• Coordinated disbursement of Closing Binders to clients.
• Reviewed contracts and leases for assignment and prepare abstracts for contracts and leases (commercial real estate).
• Obtained and prepared corporate documents, including authorization of the applicable parties to purchase/sell; Conducted public record searches of parties, including judgment, tax liens, and UCC filings.
• Obtained closing figures from the bank and prorate amounts for real and property taxes, utilities, and rent.
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Holt Ney Zatcoff & Wasserman
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Moore & Reese, LLC
- Corporate Paralegal at Blackstone Group/Invitation Homes
- Residential Real Estate Closer/Funder at Prommis Solutions, LLC
5 months at this Job
- B. S. - Criminal Justice
• Provided legal and administrative support to real estate department with more than 45 attorneys
• Examined title commitments, UCC searches and surveys
• Prepared title review memorandums and objection letters
• Drafted, proofread, redlined, and revised legal documents
• Performed abstract of legal documents
• Prepared and reviewed closing packages
• Generated transfer tax forms via Acris System for New York City properties
• Ordered and obtained certified copies of corporate documents for business entities
• Maintained and monitored closing checklists
• Managed and gathered invoices
• Downloaded files from data room and monitored for any update
• Handled filing of plans and applications with New York City Department of City Planning
- COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL at GREENBERG TRAURIG, LLP
- LEASE COORDINATOR - CONSULTANT at EDGE COMMUNICATIONS
- COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL at Telecommunications Firm
- RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE AND LOAN CLOSING PARALEGAL at Real Estate Law Firm
2 months at this Job
- License - New York Real Estate Salesperson
Experienced commercial real estate professional with an emphasis on complex title/survey review, acquisitions, sales, property management, development, commercial and retail leasing, and complex securitization financing. Consistently handpicked by senior partners to lead multi-billion dollar transactions on behalf of the firm for the largest financial institutions in the world. Extensive experience in commercial/residential real estate and developed a particular expertise in the examination and negotiation of complex commercial title insurance products., Provide advice on a full range of commercial title issues, including, but not limited to adverse possession, riparian rights, development rights, restrictive covenants, complicated REA's, survey matters, leasehold estates and UCC lien perfection and priority matters. I have extensive experience on a variety of real estate-related financing, including loans secured by hundreds of properties, syndicated loans, securitized, loan to loan, subordinate, mezzanine financing, and construction loans and widely considered an industry expert on title insurance and survey matters.
- Senior Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Dechert LLP
- National Commercial Underwriter at Lexington National Land Services
- Contract/Corporate/Real Estate Specialist at
- Senior Real Estate Paralegal at Winston & Strawn LLP
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- associates - title and survey matters
Work on real estate purchase and sale transactions from beginning to end (although NOT including wearing "title agent hat"); review purchase and sale agreements and prepare critical dates; analyze and negotiate title commitments with title company underwriter; analyze and negotiate survey changes with surveyor; prepare title memoranda for clients and title and survey comment letters or responses thereto for "other" party, title underwriter and surveyor; obtain and review corporate entity documents and other due diligence searches from various departments; work with client and title company to obtain all information needed to clear title; marshal documents to parties for signature; work on closing; paperless office - upload all documents to document management system.
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at JOHNSON POPE BOKOR RUPPEL & BURNS, LLP
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at GOLDEN STEVES & GORDON, LLP
- Real Estate Paralegal / Senior Property Manager at PETCO CORPORATE OFFICES
- Commercial Real Estate Transactional Paralegal at FOSTER PEPPER PLLC
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Business Science - Medical Assistant Program
- Associate of Business Science - Legal Assistant Program
* Coordinate the entire real estate process from initial client meeting, inception of the contract to the sale of the property * Prepare ACRIS paperwork, deeds, and HUD-1 needed to finalize real estate closings for banking institutions, high net worth individuals, small business owners, and residential and commercial clientele of various sizes for residential and commercial properties * Oversaw new construction projects for high net worth clients of 20 million dollars and more in order to obtain financing, zoning regulations, lot releases, meeting with general contractors, research of the marketing area, formulating business plans, draw schedules, feasibility studies and creating new corporations and limited liability corporations * Manage short sale procedures including client meetings, bank negotiations, and sale of the property * Negotiate deals with various banking institutions and government agencies to modify the terms of the clients' loans under a variety of government and in-house banking programs * Order/review real estate titles and surveys including effectively clarifying titles and zoning issues * Responsible for all research necessary in a fast-paced legal environment dealing with real estate, loan modifications, short sales, settlements, debt consolidation, and various other legal matters * Communicate with attorneys, paralegals, title companies, banking institutions, and government entities via phone and e-mail * Utilize knowledge of legal terminology, real estate law, residential/commercial leasing, 1031 exchanges, and refinancing, assist with all required paralegal functions * Direct multiple projects on tight deadlines covering various diverse legal areas * Attend closings representing the buyer, seller, and bank on behalf of the firm * Prepare residential and commercial leases, and real estate closing statements
- Residential/Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Law Office of Michael A. Drobenare
- Credit Coordinator, Commercial Risk Management Group at American International Group
- Real Estate Paralegal at Law Office of Peter F. Martin, P.C
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Paralegal Studies Dean's List GPA 3.49 Cum Laude Paralelgal Studies
- Associate Degree - Paralegal Studies Dean's List GPA 3.80
Duties included assisting attorneys with all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to:
• Creating corporate entities with Secretary of State
• Obtaining Employer ID numbers and Registered Agents for newly formed corporations
• Drafting corporate authority documents
• Drafting transaction documents and correspondence; reporting status of files to attorneys
• Answering multi-line phones and inquiries related to real estate matters
• Analyzing and reviewing contracts; creating critical dates memos and checklists
• Using excellent communication skills to communicate with all parties concerned to ensure that all are up to date and proactively addressing any problematic issues to be satisfied prior to closing
• Organizing and maintaining working files
• Managing post-closing matters including recording documents, wire disbursements, closing binders, etc.
- COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL at NELSON MULLINS RILEY & SCARBOROUGH
- LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/PARALEGAL at GREENBERG TRAURIG, P.A
11 months at this Job
• Manage document collection in each transaction to ensure appropriate documents are received and in proper order
• Create weekly lists of agenda items to assist with organization
• Manage appointments and administrative tasks such as: answering phone calls, emailing, scanning, filing, faxing, mailing
• Input attorneys' time entries on Bill4time to create invoices for upcoming closings
• Coordinate all post-closing functions such as creating and sending clients closing binders, forwarding executed documents to Lenders, filing financing statements, recording real estate documents, and contacting title companies
• Communicate with title companies to obtain title commitments, loan policies of title insurance, and title policy endorsements
• Review title commitments, title documents and surveys and plat maps for accuracy regarding legal descriptions and title matters, including easements and encroachments
• Order entity formation documents and certificates of good standing
• Perform legal research, including review of city, county, and state regulations pertaining to real estate transactions
• Assist with the preparation and tracking of estoppels and subordination and non-disturbance
• Correspond with clients and organizations, in writing, by telephone or electronic communications, as directed by the supervising attorney
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Blaivas and Associates, P.C
- Immigration Paralegal at Law Offices of Jun Wang
- Barista at Starbucks
- Administrative Assistant (Internship) at Golden Star Trucking Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Law and Society
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Spotts Fain, PC
- Real Estate Paralegal and Title Examiner at Timberlake, Smith, Thomas & Moses, PC
- Real Estate and Foreclosure Paralegal at FloranceGordonBrown, PC
- Administrative Assistant to President and Sr. Vice-President at Sternheimer Bros., Inc
2 years at this Job
- Associate Degree - Legal Assistant
* Purchase or Sale Closings ◦ Order and review title searches ◦ Prepare title commitments/policies ◦ Prepare closing documents/closing statements ◦ Record Documents * Loan Closings ◦ Order and review title searches ◦ Prepare title commitments/policies ◦ Assist Attorney with preparation of loan documents ◦ Prepare closing documents/closing statements ◦ Record Documents
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Rushton, Stakely, Johnston & Garrett, P.A
- Lending Assistant at USAmeriBank
- Business Services Assistant II at Branch Bank and Trust
- Assembly Administrator at The Waters
3 years, 2 months at this Job