Nashville, Tennessee November 2011 - March 2019
An independent commercial bank with >$500MM in assets focused on loan products for investment real
estate, business acquisition, expansion and other commercial & industrial needs.
First Vice President, Commercial Relationship Manager
• Generated a $50MM loan portfolio with 100 unique entities by maintaining ongoing clientele and prospecting for new business relationships.
• Sole consumer lending executive for a two-year period which led to the creation of the business model used to expand product offerings and personnel.
• Structured and analyzed commercial loans such as residential and commercial construction, commercial real estate mortgages, business acquisition, and working capital lines of credit.
• Accountable for customer interaction, periodic site visits, lending recommendations. monitoring problem loans, loan maturities, risk ratings, and documentation.
• Consistently exceeded loan and customer retention goals annually to assist in achievement of corporate profitability.
• Mentored personnel during role transition to expand knowledge of loan underwriting.
• Collaborative effort to grow private banking division through the identification of high net-worth clientele.
• Excel at analyzing problems and opportunities, to identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound, effective approaches.
• Expertise of cash flow analysis of financial statements, tax returns and pertinent information to determine creditworthiness of prospective and existing clients.
• Strong negotiation, persuasion and public speaking skills
• Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate the achievement of strategic and business plan goals, objectives, and work plans.
- First Vice President, Commercial Relationship Manager at INSBANK
- Vice President, Relationship Manager at TENNESSEE COMMERCE BANK
- Vice President, Small Business Relationship Manager at BANK OF AMERICA
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Responsible for management and growth of assigned portfolio of business loans.
● Acquire and process SBA and commercial loans
● Provide support for four branches existing business clients base while maintaining loan covenants and compliance standards
● Exceed customer and branch service expectations
- VP Commercial Relationship Manager at Zions Bank
- AVP Branch Manager at US Bank
- AVP Branch Retail Executive at BBVA Compass Bank
- Card Products Manager at Mountain America Credit Union
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Some college
Primarily responsibilities involve cultivating and developing deep and long-lasting relationships with middle-market companies, as well as investment real estate investors. This is accomplished by listening to clients and prospects needs, and then identifying and developing solutions to those needs, through a variety of products, as well as superior service. The foundation of any long-lasting relationship, are trust, honesty, credibility, and loyalty. I always endeavor to ensure that these are established at the beginning of every relationship.
- Commercial Relationship Manager at Chemical Bank
- Commercial Relationship Manager at US Bank
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Business and Finance
Increased market and wallet share (versus Wells Fargo and Union Bank) despite economic downturn in 2008 thru 2011; exceeded budgeted NOE's by building brand exposure in the Sacramento Region and Reno/Sparks market through leadership, calling efforts, community involvement. Bank of the West National Banking Division Office of the Year for growth in net operating earnings, increase in new client relationships, portfolio management, development of the human resource base, cross selling and overall exceptional results. Bank of the West President's Club Awards for outstanding performances in generation of new/existing client revenue, leadership and portfolio risk management. Established a new NOE regional record. Exceeded other performance objectives thru passionate leadership, deposit growth in excess of $150MM, increases in non-interest income, while managing credit risk in the poor economic conditions of the economic downturn. Responsible for units' goals, marketing and administration. Provided banking expertise and leadership to VP's, SVP's, and business partners within the various bank locations and regions; providing material yield and totals to the region's goals. Sacramento Region and Northern Nevada's face of BOW as an industry speaker, community leader, MC, and "rainmaker" by procuring new profitable commercial clients with emphasis on "relationship banking", while demonstrating credit/business expertise in diversified industry market segments. Union Bank of California 9 years Vice President, Senior Commercial Relationship Manager, Sacramento Regional Office Management of middle market commercial client relationships, yielding material profitability to the Sacramento office and the valley division utilizing business partners for cross sales to build wallet share. Primary "rainmaker" to procure diversified industry commercial banking credits/ relationships, with complex credit structures, bank risk mitigation and client acceptance, while exceeding profit returns to the bank; #1 commercial Union Bank SRM in Sacramento. Expanded professional business referral contact base in the community with CPA's, lawyers and various professionals, while generating quality portfolio growth and enhancing the public relations image of the Bank. Demonstrated ability to originate and "add value" to relationships and foster a professionally enjoyable "relationship banking style" working environment with employees and clients. Bank of America Over 10 years Vice President, Senior Regional Corporate Banking Executive Credit Administrator Vice President, Area Management Corporate Credit Administrator Various Sacramento North Mountain Valley Division Appointments in Commercial Banking Provided direct credit approvals to line units, upstream credit recommendation to senior levels, transaction analysis, credit structure, risk mitigation, sales coaching and calling to over 50 bank officers in the Valley/North Coast regions (Fresno to Redding, Santa Rosa/Napa markets) in commercial, agribusiness, real estate, and diversified industries with $7MM credit authority. Developed team strategies with the line, deployed senior management for prospect acquisition and retention of clientele, assisted the line in direct calling efforts, despite heavy competition from other major banks; closed "on the spot deals" on calls with the line. Recognized by B of A President, Samuel A. Armacost, as a recipient of The Presidential Eagle Award, for outstanding performance and achievement in human resource, credit administration and portfolio management and sales support. Managed, administrated, supervised 8 offices, 25 banking officers by providing credit approvals, transaction analysis and coaching in agribusiness, real estate, commercial, with a $5MM authority. Created, implemented and managed credit policy, lending authorities, and reporting systems. Managed existing relationships and procured new clients in various commercial market segments, including agribusiness. Demonstrated sales and credit abilities in each market, given many products to many cities throughout the Sacramento North Mountain Region.
- Vice President, Senior Commercial Relationship Manager, Sacramento Regional Office at Bank of the West National Banking Division Office
3 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Ag Business
* Spearhead plans, programs, and initiatives in managing and growing a loan portfolio in excess of $35M consisting of CRE, C&I, and C&D loans * Manage existing loans to ensure compliance with terms of approval, credit policy, and regulations * Monitor and verify compliance and accuracy of all construction loan disbursement requests, and monitor progress of commercial construction projects financed by the Credit Union * Effectively represent the Credit Union while calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business and expand member relationships * Interview applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Credit Union loans * Work closely with VP Business Services, Chief Lending Officer, Financial Analysts, and other support personnel to assure high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval * Provide key input to improve the policy and procedural practices to improve loan quality, detailed credit requests, and regulatory compliance.
- Senior Commercial Relationship Manager at Rogue Credit Union
- Vice President (Relationship Manager II) at Rabobank N.A
- Church Business Administrator at First Presbyterian Church
- General Manager at Gordon Hershey, MD, Inc
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
- AA - Business
• 1st Assignment - 18 Months, 2- Branches (with No Presidents)
• 2012 - April of 2014 responsible for SFB Dodge City Main Branch & South Branch.
• Also responsible for Osborne, Ks Branch, during the same time.
• In April 2014, took care of a portion of the Larger Commercial & Ag Business Loans in the following Branches of Colby, Ellinwood, Great Bend, Russell, Victoria and Hays.
- Vice President - Commercial Relationship Manager at Sunflower Bank, N.A
- Vice President - Owner, Executive Officer at First National Bank
- Vice President at Sunflower Bank, N.A
- Vice President at Farmers National Bank
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma - Lots of Banking Seminars and KBA Legal Up-Dates
Originate and develop new and ongoing commercial business relationships to assist customers with their financial needs. Attract new business relationships and expand current ones. Manage commercial loan portfolio by identifying risks, maintaining current financial information, making client recommendations and protect profitability.
• Analyze business financials to determine viability of credit requests
• Underwrite requests; reviewing financial condition and trends of prospective and current clients
• Represent bank at various community functions and professional associations
- Vice President, Commercial Relationship Manager at Village Bank
- Tax Manager at Adams, Jenkins & Cheatham
- Contract General Manager at Clean
- President / CEO at Big Image Graphics
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Grew Lending portfolio from $18MM - $46MM from 2011-2016
• Exceeded $10MM Per year loan closing goal 2011-2015
• Ranked in the banks top 10 for loan production 2011-2014
• Ranked in the banks top 5 for YOY deposit growth 2015, 2016 Responsibilities:
• Actively managed lending portfolio at all stages including but not limited to business consultation, loan origination, preliminary environmental review, deposit overdraft, Loan structuring, preliminary approval, loan maintenance, loan renewal, collateral verification and site visits.
• Monitor existing loans through the ongoing review of financial statements, borrowing base verification, financial analysis, evaluation and customer and community interfacing.
• Monitored the status of non-performing and delinquent loans. Recommended and instituted workout structures.
• Trained Long Island market staff in sales strategies to uncover business lending opportunities and maximize branch bottom line revenue growth. Trained market managers in basic and 101 level commercial lending skills.
• Actively work with upper management and all business areas to develop and maintain cross-selling opportunities.
- VP Commercial Relationship Manager at Peoples United Bank
- VP Business Relationship Manager at HSBC Bank NA, Suffolk County NY
- at JP Morgan Chase
- Personal Banker at JP Morgan Chase
6 years at this Job
- AAS - Commercial Art / Advertising
• Portfolio Management - Manage $28mm portfolio of current members. Request and review current quarterly and annual financial statements to insure that all current financial covenants are maintained. Asses current risk rating and advise on downgraded rating when needed.
• Portfolio Retention -Keep current members updated and informed. Manage any/all requests of current portfolio members with an attrition rate of less than 30% annually.
• New Member Acquisition - Contact, develop and assist new members into my portfolio. Develop business portfolio to grow the existing by $10mm annually while managing the current members simultaneously. Credit appetite from $50m to $10mm in loan size.
- Commercial Relationship Manager at OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Business Banking Officer at Bank of the West
- Business Banking Officer at US Bancorp
- Branch Manager at HSBC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Some College - Accounting
* Managing a commercial and agricultural portfolio with outstandings of $15 million and commitments of $20 million. * Portfolio breakdown is 40% commercial and industrial, 30% commercial real estate, and 30% agricultural production. * Credit reviewer of all commercial and agricultural credits above designated relationship managers' limits within the region. The region's portfolio size is currently $105MM. * Trainer for two credit analysts in the region. * Portfolio is without any delinquency issues. * Experience with Farm Service Agency, Farmer Mac, Small Business Administration and Tax-Exempt Bond Financing.
- VP/Commercial Relationship Manager at Washington Trust Bank
- VP/Commercial Banker at Sterling Bank
- VP/Commercial Relationship Manager at Zions First National Bank
- AVP/Commercial Lending Officer at
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accountancy - Accountancy
- CPA - procedures and marketing
- Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration - Financial Services