Morristown, NJ 2013 - Present
Specialty insurance MGA focusing on underwriting commercial habitational and lessor's risk programs.
Renewal Commercial Underwriter
• Maintains book of business with accounts that range up to $40M TIV, in both admitted and non-admitted programs.
• Reassigns renewal accounts between carriers ensuring compliance to guidelines and preserving a high percentage of retention.
• Manages account activity by interacting with the individual agents - maintaining up-to-date information for each account, resolving client issues and discrepancies quickly within the IMS system.
• Utilizes umbrella carrier websites to obtain quotes for existing commercial multiline accounts.
• Implemented training procedure for the renewal underwriter role - insuring an equality of standards and workflow throughout the department.
• Proficient in knowledge of surplus lines filing in the contiguous United States.
• Developed a procedure manual detailing the bind procedures for all programs which streamlined processes and increased productivity in the underwriting assistant role.
- Renewal Commercial Underwriter at CORE PROGRAMS, LLC
- Head Coach (Assistant Business Manager) at GUERRILLA FITNESS CROSSFIT MONTCLAIR
- Senior Assistant, Kings Cooking Studio at KINGS SUPERMARKET
- Underwriting Assistant at PGI COMMERCIAL
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Commercial Underwriter AU designation. Review CPP applications for eligibility. Underwrite and issue BOPs per company guidelines. Risk selection and eligibility for several classes. Review inspections to determine potential hazards. Provide service for several large agencies and wholesalers. Travel within territory to meet with existing agencies.
- Commercial Underwriter at DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (U.S. Branch)
- INSURANCE UNDERWRITER at First American Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- INTERN at California Department of Transportation / Equipment & Support Division
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration & Management / Minor in Finance
• Assists in the growth of a strong commercial real estate and lending portfolio.
• Responsible for supporting YAM Capital by conducting financial evaluations and assisting with the due diligence process for commercial real estate acquisitions and lending.
• Evaluate commercial real estate property analytics.
• Assist in research, front-end financial modeling and due diligence for lending and acquisitions
• Assess financial needs and recommend loan structures; prepare detailed analysis of personal and business assets for collateral valuation and determine total loan to value calculations within policy guidelines
• Analyze and interpret financial statements, tax returns, personal financial statements, statement spreads, and other financial information to determine the feasibility of prospective borrowers and provide recommendations for further consideration of request
• Identify strengths and weaknesses of underlying credit requests through balance sheet and income statement analysis, ratio analysis, and cash flow analysis.
• Research and analyze current and adjacent markets and screen potential acquisition targets.
- Commercial Underwriter at YAM Capital
- Pricing Analyst at Progress Residential
- Commercial Real Estate Broker & Financial Analyst at Investors Management Group NW
- Enrollment Advisor at University of Phoenix
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- BS - Business Admin/Real Estate Finance
· Underwrite commercial auto policies for small commercial auto customers, including tractor trailers, dump truck, and other non-commercial vehicles risks. · Review requests for state and federal filings as well as other coverage endorsements. · Provide loss control services for commercial auto customers. · Communicate underwriting decisions to agents and other internal customers. · Completed Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation.
- Commercial Underwriter at National General Insurance
- UNDERWRITER at Travelers Insurance
- LEAD ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST at Blue Lynx Media
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/SALES COACH at TIAA-CREF
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - FINANCE
• Manages a book of business for assigned agencies and is responsible for overall profit and growth of the book.
• . Reviews and underwrites primarily renewal business commercial line accounts
• Evaluates exposures to loss, determines pricing and determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and the limits of authority established.
• Delivery of the renewal proposal with terms and conditions. Negotiate with the agent until the renewal order is received and then send the renewal to be processed.
• Establish and maintain effective communication between agents and company regarding underwriting procedures and practices, growth/profit goals and objectives, and agency relations.
• Travel to visit agencies and customers throughout the year. Notify agencies of adverse underwriting decisions, underwriting requirements, status and declinations.
- Commercial Underwriter at State Auto Insurance Co
- Middle Market Renewal Underwriter at Westfield Insurance Group
- Underwriter at Commercial Underwriting - CIS
- Commercial Account Executive - Insurance Agent at Hankoff Insurance Group
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Insurance
• Prepares summary and/or credit approval report documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations
• Manages multiple priorities in a fast paced high volume environment within department timeframes while maintaining ongoing attention to detail and meeting production goals
• Develops and foster strong relationships with the Commercial Relationship Manager, Underwriting Managers, and Senior Commercial Underwriters to ensure accurate spreading of financials
- Commercial Underwriter at PNC Financial Services Group
- Assistant Manager at Enterprise Holdings
- Commercial Credit Analyst at Luzerne Bank
- Lead Inventory Auditor at Sculpture Hospitality
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Authors credit presentations for commercial loans to industrial, real estate, and construction
organizations for management and loan committee approval.
• Determines credit worthiness of loan applicants by analyzing a range of personal and business financial data including: balance sheets, profit and loss statements, budgets, and projections; utilizing Sageworks. Analytical work includes: business, personal, and global cash flows; predicting financial trends; and assessing credit risk.
• Assists commercial loan officers with establishing terms under which credit will be extended and renewed including the costs and repayment of loans.
• Manages the ordering, tracking, and review of appraisals for commercial and residential properties.
- Commercial Underwriter at Community Bank of the Chesapeake
- Line of Credit Administrator I at
- Childcare Provider at Johnson Residence
- Office Supervisor at Business Office
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - ADVANCED MATHEMATICS
- Bachelor's - Education of Math and Music
Program management & underwriting of $8mil E&S property & casualty national mobile home park & dealer program. Underwriting & management of $3mil commercial auto & umbrella programs with multiple standard & E&S carriers.
- Senior Commercial Underwriter at OnPoint Underwriting, Inc
- Customer Service Rep./Inside Sales Agent at Allied Tube & Conduit, Inc
- Senior Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter at Fireman's Fund Insurance Co
- Account Manager ; Private Security Services at American Protective Services, Inc
6 years, 7 months at this Job
Commercial Underwriting/Quality Assurance
• Collaborate with the Operation's management team to benchmark existing processes to establish a baseline for measuring success
• Report quality assurance findings/results on monthly and quarterly basis
• Coordinate and facilitate Quality Assurance Review for report quarterly trends
• Responsible for conducting QA audits for the Operations Business Units
• Reporting, analyzing, and making suggestions for processes and procedures to improve Operations efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy
• Provide reporting statistics to managers based on audits performed to allow mangers to effectively performance manage their employees
• Entering New Business Quotes utilizing Connexus
• Conduct back-end searches of new business to authentic true BOP owners
- Commercial underwriter at Kelly Services/ Insurance Company
- Early Head Start Teacher at Paw Creek Christian Academy
- Recruiter at Randstad
- Account Assistant/Data Entry Clerk at Performance Staffing Solutions
1 year at this Job
- Associates in Arts degree - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Business
- High School Diploma
Examine documents to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing and value and condition of property. Evaluate possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance. Decrease value of policy when risk is substandard and specify applicable endorsements or apply rating to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials. Select, price, quote commercial insurance contracts in highly competitive market and at time sensitive requirements. Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with agents and re-insurers.
- Senior Commercial Underwriter at Rainier Ins Co
1 year, 6 months at this Job