Initially assigned to Small Commercial Underwriter leading in charge of supporting independent
channel Harleysville Insurance agents in the Central Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast regions.
Volunteered for current assignment and now supporting 28 National Sales Solutions Direct Agents in the growth and maintenance of a $40 million book of business.
• Utilized Lean Six Sigma White Belt to lead team work quality improvement effort and created standard work process that improved teams underwriting quality score from 60% to 90% within 3 months.
• Spearheaded collaborative effort with virtual sales managers, small and middle market underwriting to target accounts effected by premium increase initiatives to retain a $800 thousand book of business.
• Production leader while assigned to Harleysville platform assisting and motivating peers resulting in a 50% increase average underwriter production and consistent adherence to service level agreements.
• Gained valuable Middle Market Underwriting experience by volunteering for Harleysville Market Mid- dle Market work share initiative completing over 1000 policy changes requests, updates and reviews.
- Commercial Underwriter at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Manager (Master Sergeant, Security Forces) at Ohio Air National Guard
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- Associate of Applied Science - Criminal Justice
Operating as a commercial excess & surplus underwriter responsible for a multi-million dollar book of renewal business; focusing on commercial general liability and property package, liquor liability, and umbrella. Strong focus on retention while working with brokers to increase rate Demonstrated success in reaching personal and team goals Assist in holding product trainings as well as training new employees Currently serve as co-product lead for our Childcare Business Owner Package and am assisting with the process of expanding the state filings for this product Given additional responsibility to develop and take ownership of the renewal process for the entire book of business of one of our top five brokers
- COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER at CHUBB NORTH AMERICA
- COMMERCIAL ASSOCIATE UNDERWRITER at CHUBB NORTH AMERICA
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.A. in Communication Studies with a Minor in Marketing - Communication Studies
New and Renewal Underwriter for newly launched Franchised Auto Dealership Program.
- Commercial Underwriter at AmTrust Financial
- Managing Account Executive at Travelers Insurance Companies
- 2VP at Travelers Insurance Companies
- Underwriter/Underwriting Manager at Travelers Insurance Companies
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Underwrote Lines of Credit applications under the Fix and Flip product and used all Finance of America-Commercial underwriting guidelines to establish a line of credit for customers' based on Credit, Experience, Liquidity and Net Worth. Performed all property underwriting requirements under the Finance of America Commercial property guidelines and explained in depth the differences between the as is value compared to the after repaired value with a completed budget. Performed appraisal analysis for SFR's, Multi-Units and New Construction properties Used encompass software as the loan operating system for both LOC's and Properties. Maintained an excellent positive communication dialogue and teamwork between all staff members including managers, processors and sales staff in everyday operations.
- Commercial Underwriter and Analyst at FINANCE OF AMERICA-COMMERCIAL, LLC
- Senior Portfolio Underwriter and Analyst at MIDWEST EQUITY MORTGAGE LLC
- Senior Contract Underwriter at FIRST MIDWEST BANK/ADVANCED RESOURCES LLC
- Consumer Loan Underwriter III at WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Financial and Operational Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Business and Economics
Supervisor-Anita Helms* Responsible for evaluating and selecting commercial risks within Alfa guidelines (Churches, Business Owner, Commercial Portfolios, all Umbrellas and Watercraft) * Develop and maintain effective relationships with Alfa sales force, to include traveling to service centers for training. * Process new business, policy changes, and renewals * Evaluate loss control reports * Evaluate claims * Work on various commercial projects such as Facultative issues and Sexual Misconduct on church policies.
- Commercial Underwriter at Alfa Mutual Insurance Company
- Night and Weekend Manager at Jo's Hallmark
- Property Underwriter at Alfa Insurance Corp
- Supervisor at Alfa Insurance Corp
15 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Education-Language Arts
Underwrite all lines of commercial property and casualty business,both new and renewal. Exceeded goals for producing new accounts and also exceeded renewal retention goals.
- Commercial Underwriter at Berkley Southeast Insurance Group
- Sr. Commercial Field Underwriter at Nationwide Mutual Insurance
- Underwriting Manager at Cannon Cochran Management Services
- Commercial Underwriter at FCCI Insurance Group
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - summa
• Commercial wholesale broker with a NJ Producer's License in Property and General Liability business
• Developed and brokered relationships with agencies and carriers in New Jersey
• Handled new submission requests, renewal quotes, policies, and endorsements for the Commercial team
• Completed Property & Casualty courses at George Weiss Insurance School for Producers License eligibility
- Commercial Underwriter at Burns & Wilcox
- Associate Property Underwriter at XL Catlin
- Property Treaty Underwriter Trainee at Updated our internal storage systems
- Career Development Program Trainee at Property & Casualty Treaty
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration (Business Management)
• Underwriter in the Upper Midwest with an annual new written premium goal of $3,615,000
• Review The Hartford's Small Commercial appetite and partner with agents and sales reps to find creative solutions to write new business within the Upper Midwest and Detroit Region
• In the top 10% of all Small Commercial, with a win ratio of over 40%
• Graduated from the Home Office, 2-year iLead Program for future company leaders
• Engaged employee: New Hire Mentor, Co-Lead of Young Professionals, Community Outreach Committee Board Member, Annual Giving Campaign Member and Toastmasters Member
• Finished 2018 116% to premium plan and 2017 110% to annual premium plan while maintaining a green quality score
- Small Commercial Underwriter at The Hartford Insurance Group
- Mid-Term Underwriter at The Hartford Insurance Group
- Customer Relationship Specialist at The Hartford Insurance Group
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree of Science
Appointed underwriter for new and renewal books of business in accordance with carrier guidelines. Spearheaded creation of product reference material for brokers resulting in increased premium growth. Responsible for reviewing, underwriting and manually rating new business and renewals. Prospected, obtained, and underwrote a complete client portfolio roll over adding $900,000 in revenue.
- Commercial Underwriter at SES Insurance Services, Inc
- Business Development Director at SES Insurance Services Inc
- Account Manager at Armstrong Robitaille Riegle Brokerage
- District Commercial Specialist at Farmers Insurance
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. degree - Political Science
Rate and Setup Personal & Commercial Policies. Renew Existing Policies. Quote & Processing New Insurance Applications. Processing Changes and Corrections on Policies. Getting out Legal Notices to Insureds in a timely manner. Mail bills to Mortgage Companies and Insureds. Insurance Claims Represtative
- Commercial Underwriter at Colorado Farm Bureau Insurance
- Customer Service at State Farm Insurance
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school - Business