Provided support to the Procurement Manager, assisting in commodity tracking, forecasting and purchase orders. ⇒ Updated the procurement database for additions/deletions in supplier base. ⇒ Worked with Accounting personnel in resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Commodity Analyst at Hewlett Packard, (Volt Services)
- PURCHASING ASSISTANT (Capital Planning Coordinator) at Banner Health System
1 year at this Job
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- BS - Journalism/Mass Communications
• Commercial Settlements Lead; liaised with Innogy Finance, Innogy Controlling, RWE Trading, renewable energy suppliers and energy retailers to reconcile and settle monthly trading and power statements and revenue reports. Managed workload of other settlement analysts.
• Worked with UK Commodity Manager, RWE Trading and Meteologica for the optimal monetization of Innogy UK's power portfolio via long term hedging techniques and short-term volume adjustments to reduce P&L volatility. Main Projects
• Tested and supported the development and implementation of SAP based asset management system to manage the UK, the Netherlands and Polish commodity positions.
• Development and implemention of a blueprint to automate the UK settlements process in SAP.
• Innogy Commercial representative for the implementation of a company-wide initiative called New Ways of Working.
• Successfully conducted a forecasting trial for the Innogy Spanish commodity market, results of which were used for contract negotiations with weather forecast providers.
• Creation and implemention of REMIT (EU Government initiative) submission process for Innogy Commercial UK; thereby minimizing any exposure to potential financial and legal liabilities.
• Built a CfD (UK Government initiative) settlement process to successfully deliver Innogy UK's first CfD contract. Liaised with IT to handover the blueprint of the system requirements for its implementation.
• Worked with Innogy UK regulations, Innogy Onshore, Offshore and Hydro teams to develop a storage model to identify viable storage energy projects in the UK. Skills Gained - Ability to interpret complex subsidies and financial arrangements. Ability and willingness to manage, train, lead and support staff, recognising opportunities to minimise risk and add value, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Commodity Analyst (Innogy Commercial) at Innogy UK Ltd
- Generation Services Operations Analyst (Industrial & Commercial) at RWE nPower plc
- Finance Analyst (Reseller Channel Organisation team) at Intel Corporation
- Finance Partner Marketing Analyst (Intel Inside Program team) at Intel Corporation
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- MSc (Hons - International Management
- BSc (Hons - Finance
- - Customer Service
- Commodity Analyst /Buyer at Dell Technologies
- Test Technician/Analyst at EMC Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Associate - Electronics
Series 3 Licensed as a registered commodity trader.
• An enjoyable endeavor but developing market conditions warrant working with a larger organization to take advantage of future business opportunities.
- Registered Commodity Trader at
- International Trade Analyst at U.S. International Trade Commission
- Director of Analysis and Business Development at World Perspectives (WPI)
- Senior Commodity Analyst at Darden Restaurants
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Agricultural Economics
Recruited first as an analyst to support the senior trader, my position evolved quickly as the main market facing Emissions trader within the company. Part of a team of two, responsible for sourcing (via Exchange, Auctions, OTC) the hedging needs of Europe's second largest emitter (95Mt) in the Emissions Trading Scheme. Key contributions: - Developed a CO2 fundamental model which was used for position taking and enhancing internal communication by sending weekly updates on market developments. - Improved models to monitor and hedge our large position. Initiated the use of options as a way to mitigate our risks. - Established and maintained relationships with different counterparties (Banks, Utilities, Industrials, Brokers and Analysts) in the European Emissions market. - Mandated to trade a proprietary book in Emissions but also in Gas, Power, Coal which yielded substantial profits for 3 years (in excess of 10M Euros per year) by using a mix of technical and fundamental strategies.
- Senior Emissions Trader / Cross Commodity Analyst at VATTENFALL ENERGY TRADING
- Cross Commodity Analyst / Junior Proprietary Trader at ENECO ENERGY TRADE
- Quantitative Risk Analyst at BARCLAYS CAPITAL
- Oil Desk Trader Assistant at FORTIS BANK
3 years, 5 months at this Job
• Prepare and maintain required purchase order or subcontract documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
• Develop RFQ/RFP/Bid packages, evaluate supplier quotes and subcontract proposals.
• Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques, lead purchase order and subcontract negotiating teams, and document negotiation results (as required).
• Award and manage purchase order and subcontracts, ensuring that program and indirect purchase orders and subcontract activities adhere to Ball Supply Chain Management processes, certified procurement system, small business program, and approved property system.
• Facilitate communication between the company and the supply base for specific procurement and subcontract actions.
• Monitor costs and implement efficiencies in procurement subcontracting activities.
• Act as official company liaison for and resolve purchase order and subcontract matters with customer and/or program management.
• Contribute to supplier approval and supplier performance activities.
• Ensure that all subcontract-related business within purview is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- Commodity Specialist at Ball Aerospace
- Senior Buyer Planner at MKS Instruments, Inc.
- Materials Manager/Senior Buyer at Medivance Inc
- Senior Buyer/Commodity Manager at Cooper Industries
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
- Associate of Applied Science
Steel coil, tubes, bar stock, leaf springs, and forgings - $78 million spend. ♦ Negotiated $32k savings with tubes using competitive leverage ♦ Outsourced 2 parts for $30k savings on piece price and $10k logistics savings. ♦ Lead in relocating two tube mill lines out of internal manufacturing and awarding to lead supplier.
- Commodity Manager - Steel coil, tubes, forgings, leaf springs at SAF-HOLLAND
- Sr Buyer - Existing Product at HENDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL
- Sr Buyer - New Product Introduction at Manufacturing Technology, Inc
- Sr Technical Buyer at Whirlpool Corporation
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration and Management
- Bachelor's of Science - Mathematics
Build the commercial exposure analysis R model to analyst the market exposure, calculate hedge ratio, long/short position for the fleet. Estimate the freight price and vessel value by using linear regression and stochastic processes, such as Monte Carlo simulation. Conduct the sensitive analyst; forecast the market movement influence to the revenue and vessel value. Confirm and settle the FFA trade and bunker swap. Calculate the daily M2M value, margin amount and PnL,market analyst for bunker price and freight price movement. Prepare and analyze the insurance budget and BCG OPEX Benchmarking data. Generate the analysis report for FCPA data and claims data to improve the efficiency and guidance for commercial department. Monitor AR outstanding, reconciliation SOA with different counterparties. Assist the Finance Department in any ad-hoc report. Prepare the financial report through Bloomberg and power BI. Assist with various Treasury functions as needed.
- Financial Analyst at Eagle Shipping International (USA) LLC
- Commodity Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Operation Analyst at GE Capital
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Financial Mathematics
Analyst & Junior Trader with deep knowledge of commodities, equities, FX and other global markets. Experience with research, operations, trade support, advanced data analysis, risk management and derivative strategies. Hard worker, divergent thinker, detail oriented and valued team player. Geographically flexible. American Sugar Refining, Inc. / Domino Sugar Yonkers, NY May 2018 - Nov 2018 Commodity Market Analyst Fundamental analysis, crop modeling and in-depth research on domestic and global sugar markets. Emphasis on government relations & reporting, trade flows and quotas. Support the VPs of Research and Trading.
- Analyst & Junior Trader at American Sugar Refining, Inc
- Global Commodity Analyst & Associate Procurement Manager at McCormick & Company, Inc
6 months at this Job
- BA - Economics, Financial markets, and Business management
- Graduate Diamond Degree
• Lead for the Treasury department for the creation of all special project entities both domestic and international.
• Manage all of MassMutual’s borrowing facilities including the fulfillment of all covent associated with each agreement.
• Develop new ways to track deliverables and payments.
• Review surplus note letters, backup and payments.
• Ensure proper timing and accurate FBAR reporting.
• Oversee a third party consulting firm one their treasury and accounting deliverables.
• Provide analysis and approval on Letter of Credit requests.
• Work with the CFO on funding consents and certifications.
• Interact with banks on credit facility renewal.
• Develop models that will allow senior leadership to find an arbitrage amount to pay facility fees.
• Manage and oversee payments on aircraft and sale leaseback invoices.
- Credit Market Analyst at MassMutual
- Treasury Director – Treasury Investment Operations – Security Income at MassMutual Financial Group
- Financial Analyst at MassMutual Financial Group
- Treasury and Commodity Analyst at Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting