• Commodity buyer for active safety plastics, wire harnesses and fasteners
• Currently managing a total commodity spend of $20 M / year
• Responsible for RFQs, quote evaluations, supplier approval with management, contract review, on time PPAP submission and successful product launch processes
• Responsible for supplier development and reviewing capabilities for new technology markets and applications
• Standing reviews and meetings with Veoneer internal global teams and with suppliers located in Sweden, Germany, China, Japan and India
- Commodity Buyer at Veoneer
- Commodity Manager at Webasto Convertibles USA
- Commodity Manager at ZF Electronic Systems Pleasant Prairie, LLC
5 months at this Job
- Supply Chain Management
- High School Diploma
One on one consultations, sales of custom wigs and hair pieces to women with hair loss. Insurance Billing, And Commodity Buyer and Purchasing Agent
- Sales and Commodity Buyer at Women's Hair Closet
- Load Planner at Penske Logistics
- Customer service, shipment dispatch at Active Aero
- Customer service, shipment dispatch, live at Premium Logistics Cooridinator
9 years at this Job
saving over $375,000
• Lead buyer of more than 300 part numbers for the connectors commodity with over $1,500,000 annual spend
• Build long-term relationships with supplier partners to achieve business objectives
• Collaborated with suppliers to investigate supply chain issues through root cause analysis and implement countermeasures to mitigate risks
• Spear-headed supplier crisis management through collaborations between program managers, engineers, and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and quality
• Utilized Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to manage inventory levels and aid in purchasing activities
• Apply Total Cost of Acquisition principle on short and long-term commodity strategies to ensure best price
• Challenge and negotiate with suppliers to improve competitiveness in their quotes based on historical data, market trends, and lead time
saving over $375,000
- Commodity Buyer at Amphenol Borisch Technologies
- Business Operations Intern at SOLCOMM LLC
- Launch Coordinator Intern at Adient
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
I.T. Senior Commodity Buyer Software Development, Testing, Engineering Services
• Promoted from IT Senior Commodity Buyer (software only)
• Responsible for increased budgetary spend from $7M to $14M
• Retained IT Senior Commodity Buyer responsibilities listed below ROBERT BOSCH, LLC, Mt. Prospect, Illinois Sept. 2018 to Mar. 2019 I.T. Senior Commodity Buyer Drive continuous improvement in global supplier performance in the areas of cost, quality, and delivery, through the development and execution of IT purchasing strategies. Ensure purchasing's early involvement and exhibit competition driven best pricing. Serve as the business expert for internal business partners. Exercise technical process expertise in planning, executing, and motivating teams to ensure the best purchasing contracts are obtained.
• Secure timely financially responsible purchases through the analysis of industry trends
• Manage RFQ/FRP process including preparation of purchase specifications and lead proposal review meetings for sourcing decisions
• Guide North American strategy implementation for sourcing, contract management, and vender management for responsible sub material field
• Execute advanced negotiating methods (E-Auctions, Schranner, Dutch Auctions) Accomplishments: " Successful in achieving savings of 8.5% year over year " Implementation of Vendor Consolidator for Sub Material Field to negotiate lower dollar contracts on
- I.T. Senior Commodity Buyer Software Development at ROBERT BOSCH, LLC
- Information Technology Contract and Purchasing Manger at LAKE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
- Purchasing Manager at WAUKEGAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Purchasing Agent at JETRO/RESTAURANT DEPOT
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Accounting
• Devise and implement strategies for the electronics / electrical commodity to create a best is class supply source and alignment with the overall $85m global business strategy.
• Negotiate & implement long term agreements with strategic suppliers.
• Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers.
• Interface between suppliers, project managers and operational team on buying processes.
• Devise and implement strategies to encourage enhancement of commodity quality.
• Support new product launch and engineering change management processes.
• Analyze, evaluate and utilize RFQ results to assimilate resources.
• Clarify any financial issues that might arise.
• Establish and set up sourcing rules, pricing and ordering parameters to support supply chain functions. Specific Achievements: Implemented a vendor consolidation strategy for the $9.4m North American purchasing budget by negotiating several master supply agreements with key suppliers including extended payment terms to free up cash flow, annual rebates of up to 5% and blanket order agreements to streamline the supply chain function and limit out of stock situations.
- COMMODITY BUYER at WABTEC PASSENGER TRANSIT
- SENIOR BUYER at RITRAMA INC
- SENIOR PURCHASING ANALYST at GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS INC
- CATEGORY MANAGER at GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS INC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Business Administration / Management
Maintain full responsibility for the company's PVC commodity and maintenance, repair and operations (MRO)
procurement as a critical link between the supply chain and operations to ensure adequate inventory levels on hand.
• Manage the PVC product roadmap, the certification of products and sites and the certification process for the commodity within each plant.
• Work in collaboration with the plant master scheduler and supply chain to ensure adequate levels of materials and supplies necessary for the production process.
• Deliver accurate aggregating product forecasts while constantly monitoring inventory levels.
• Utilize ISO process including corrective action, auditing, lean manufacturing, process improvement and continuous improvement tools to deliver the desired end-results.
• Partner with engineering support on new incoming projects, placing a focus on the technical aspects including directing programming changes in core systems and the enhancements needed to meet customer expectations.
• Provide timely feedback and related solutions to the management team regarding customer concerns, service failures and process improvement to support positive change.
• Develop and implement highly effective purchasing strategies for all North American facilities.
- Commodity Buyer at CPI
- Buyer II at US FOODS
- Sergeant at U.S. ARMY
- Manager/Sergeant at U.S. ARMY
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - General Studies
• Commodities: Hangers, Gaskets, Fasteners, Connectors, Filtration, Springs, Paint, Plastic, and Rubber.
• Manages $50 million annual spend and 100 suppliers.
• Manages suppliers and develops relationships across commodities.
• Drives commodity savings, strategy and bid list.
• Supports supplier development to identify low cost country sources of supply.
• Negotiates proposals that achieve least total cost.
• Solicits quotations from suppliers to support strategies and benchmarking.
• Provides sourcing recommendations to Program Buyers.
• Works on assigned activities to improve commodity quality, delivery, service and cost.
• Develops and facilitates supplier cost savings.
• Operates within compliance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
• Leads supplier cost savings negotiations.
- Commodity Buyer at Tenneco Inc
- Commodity Buyer at NSK Steering Systems America, Inc
- Buyer at FAAC Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Management
• Responsible for managing TI FS Metal North American Supply Base North
• Responsible for managing North American Plant Open Issues for Purchase Team
• Develop Commodity Strategy for Metallic Supply Base
• North American Lead of Cross Functional Team to develop Disaster Recovery Procedure
• Negotiated $120k of supplier rebates to support 2019 cost reduction initiatives
- Lead Commodity Buyer - Metal at TI Fluid Systems
- Divisional Commodity Buyer at Gestamp
- Project Purchasing Buyer at General Motors Corporation
- Senior Buyer at General Motors Components Holdings
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. degree
- B.S. - Marketing
- Commodity Buyer at CC Kitchens LLC
- Lead Produce Buyer / Floral at The Kroger Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management - Business Management
• Manage & responsible for a variety of electronic components with PO's & RMA's.
• Scheduled PO's according to customer deliver dates.
• Managed all quick turn PO's.
• Established communication and relationships with vendors. ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE:
• Prepare & maintain A/R statements, bill & invoices, process payments and credits.
• Complete new or potential customer file & credit check. As well as credit references.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Review quarterly freight analysis. WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR:
• Move completed units to ship or finish goods with shipping slips & labels or finish good tags.
• Receive incoming RMA's & PO's & allocate them accordingly.
• Kit and close finished travelers packets.
• Fork lift operator.
• Prepare daily deliver routes and a back up deliver driver.
- COMMODITY BUYER at ABX ENGINEERING
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent