Commodity Buyer Northrop Grumman - Remotec - Clinton, TN December 2015 to Present Procure all componentry, Machined Parts, and outside processing for the manufacture of remote controlled robots. Military and Defense Department applications
- Commodity Buyer at Northrop Grumman - Remotec
- Commodity Buyer, Inventory Control Specialist, GM Support Coordinator at Cooper Standard
- Senior Commodity Buyer at Sigma/Baxter International Health Care
- Senior Buyer at ARC Automotive
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- SUNY @ Brockport
i’ve been promoted 3 times since i started this job. I started in the warehouse, invoicing, to quality control to supply chain buyer. I am now the supply chain buyer, for commodities. All/ any supplies we need, finding the best prices and partnership, i have a lot of experience in our company.
- Commodity Buyer at Whatever It Takes Transmission Parts
- Crew Member at McDonalds
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Tier 1 Supplier ❖ Key Commodity Responsibilities - Electronic Components, Fasteners, Springs and Switches Manage key supplier relationships and supplier partnerships. Develop and execute commodity strategies to support department and company goals. Establish commodity standards: parts list, cost standards, business process work Negotiate costs, terms, quality, technology and delivery of materials and/or services Work with supply base and internal departments to achieve cost targets Work with suppliers on Kaizen, setting targets and implementing APR, VA/VE and cost reduction strategies Perform supplier assessments for localization efforts Monitor commodity concerns and ensure supply stability Maintain contracts and purchase orders and comply with internal controls ❖ Achieve Annual Price Reduction (APR) Goals ❖ Issue Request for Quote (RFQ) ❖ Complete Price approval forms and procedures ❖ Issue Purchase Orders/Contracts ❖ Issue Award Letters and Letters of Intent ❖ Support Manufacturing Plant with Supplier Issues ❖ Troubleshoot Price Discrepancies ❖ IMDS Support ❖ Capital Expenditure Requests (CER) for Tooling ❖ Forex (Foreign Exchange) calculation and application ❖ Cost Planning Assistance ❖ Assist with Start of Production (SOP) and Build out (BO) for all TRAM plants ❖ Support Design Engineering with changes - Engineering Change Requests
- Commodity Buyer at TRAM Inc
- Honda and GM Service at Harada Industry of America
- Material Planner, Core & Inventory Coordinator-Remanufacturing at TRW Automotive
- Buyer/Planner at TRW Automotive
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certification - Physical Inventory and Cycle Counts
* Analyzes current and historical demands for the assigned commodities, and as a result, was able to decrease on-site inventory by 25% ($50,000) without sacrificing production demands. * Works with Engineering and Maintenance to reduce or consolidate unique electrical and mechanical part numbers and suppliers without sacrificing product quality and reliability * Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers to consolidate our purchasing efforts * Established stocking agreements with key suppliers to reduce our purchasing/stocking costs * Set up and oversaw SAP Requisition system for an efficient approval process * Worked with NAFTA freight carrier in Mexico to optimize Inbound and Outbound freight and reduce costs ($68,000 savings/ annual) * Established and managed SAP Blanket Purchase Order system for efficient invoicing * Implemented a buyback program to suppliers ($12,000 saving YTD)
- Commodity Buyer at PRETTL AUTOMOTIVE
- Material Planner Follow-up at DRAEXLMAIER
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Global Supply Chain and Operations Management
Collaborate with team members from product management, risk solutions, production planning and suppliers
• Purchase order generation, order maintenance changes, and raw material pricing
• Support Senior Commodity Buyer in sourcing meat raw materials with emphasis on pork cuts
• Assist Tyson Business Units in managing logistics involved in the use of frozen raw materials
• Assist Senior Commodity Buyer in sourcing raw materials to meet usage requirements and schedules for multiple processing plants, while assisting with logistics Marketing Assistant
• Assist product management with assigned product segments to include pricing development, identifying and structuring consistent methods and models that incorporate market fluctuations and forecasts
• Inventory Control & monthly financial forecasting
• Collaborate with R&D, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Logistics to maximize product improvement optimization of product costs, along with development of new product initiatives. Vendor Relations/Claims Adjuster
• Create and manage purchase order entry for complex and detailed raw materials for meal kits, beef and pork samples for Buyers, Directors, and various External Groups
• Maintain a database of 750 vendor compliance records for over 150 USDA Establishment numbers to ensure Food Safety
• Responsible for weekly pricing of orders assigned by Buyers
• Process monthly over $300,000 in vendor claims for more than 25 Tyson Foods plants
• Proficient in SAP, PPS, Excel, MS Access, PDM, Word, Outlook, and Inventory Analysis
- Commodity Buyer at Tyson Foods Inc
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science
- Masters - Business Administration
By enveloping myself in the day-to-day transactional operations since my first day on the job I was able to understand the challenges that I would face in implementing Lean techniques in an established but outdated
supply chain. I was tasked with improving inventory turnover meanwhile identifying the synergies that exist between two companies in the midst of a merger. I lead a team of three MRP Specialists and manage the plastic and injection mold commodities. During
my time with HDW my team has achieved many successes as outline below.
• Sourced $3.8M in savings from September 2017 to January 2019 by capitalizing on successes of both supply chains within the merger and thus challenging our Buyers with new relationships. o Renegotiated contract terms with commodity suppliers o Sourced directly from Asia o Maximized container cubes o Statistically implemented safety stocks at both the supplier and internal warehouse
• Established and implemented a forecast model using SQL and Excel for the Buyers to use on command in a dynamic environment
• From concept to creation, I launched a "Part Awareness Communication" database via Access to standardize the procedure in which the Buyers react to production changes that have an impact on the incoming delivery schedule o Gives accountability to a Buyer's components o Provides visibility to managers via a dashboard
• Implemented a "Delivery Trouble Report" standardized procedure for any shipment that came in out of specifications or contract terms
• Forced our supply base to standardize their pack sizes
• Orchestrated the merger of two supply chains with different commodities and supply bases.
• Realized the cost savings that can be found using 3PL services vs an inhouse Logistics team (419) 551-5857
• [email protected]
• 18101 Shady Ridge Ct (Apt 2) Spring Lake, MI 49456 (419) 551-5857
• [email protected]
• 18101 Shady Ridge Ct (Apt 2) Spring Lake, MI 49456
- Commodity Buyer / MRP Lead at Hemisphere Design Works
- Buyer - Parts Procurement Specialist at Honda Manufacturing of Indiana
- Supply Chain MRP Specialist at Haulotte - Industrial Listing Equipment
- Purchasing/Operations Intern at Nemcomed, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Logistics Management and Marketing
Coordinated overall PPE spend budget of €6.6MM and office supplies spend budget of €2.1MM.
Addressed beneficial cost-saving measures through negotiation of current supply base. Successfully
exceeded expense reduction goals by 70%, leading to a profitability increase of €1.2MM.
• Consulted distributors, identifying objectives and developing customized and alternative solutions for potential growth. This led to annual revenue growth of €825K.
• Presented options, sourcing successful PPE for 47 locations in US and Canada. Reviewed corporate goal of 4% for PPE commodity growth, successfully achieving more than 13%.
• Oversaw expansion of overall product portfolio. Strategically negotiated to achieve cost reduction of 12.5% on office supplies commodity in all territories, significantly exceeding initial goal of 4%.
• Reviewed supplier spend and specifications on behalf of plants. Met internal customer requirements, managing national RFQ proposals. Authorized more than €10K in purchasing from operational buyers.
• Oversaw launch of new updated payment process, integrating system with facilities, suppliers and shared services. This provided key support to automatic ordering procedures.
• Managed compliance procedures with quality objectives and guidelines. Facilitated supplier onsite audits to ensure QA.
• Signed national exclusive contract with safety shoe supplier. Achieved substantial cost reduction by optimizing partnership base. Secured agreements with two strategic suppliers for a total cost savings of €30.6K by reducing supply base.
• Coordinated 60-day payment terms with supply bases. Monitored adherence to all stipulations, leading to 80% compliance and significant cash flow increase. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
• Negotiated lucrative contract with office furniture distributor. Successfully secured 5% cost reduction on all Haworth purchases, 8% cost decrease on carpet and decreased deposit amounts by 10% for all purchases of more than €500K. Forecasted all projects at €5.4MM in the state of Michigan, diminishing labor rates by 15%.
• Collaborated with supplier and engineers on health and safety protocols. Reduced expenditures by more than 70% through comprehensive analysis, minimizing usage of unnecessary resources. This fostered an overall savings of Є270K.
• Examined potential for updated glove washing procedures with external partner. Reviewed expenses on safety gloves and cost of overall waste, standardizing purchases with updated external partner for regular cleaning and decontamination resulting in savings of €69K. Direct Material Buyer
• Integrated new upgraded process to automate reporting procedures and customer communications. Decreased origin submissions by 96% and PRR costs by more than $3.5K.
• Managed annual expenditure budget for purchasing of parts at a cost of $49MM. This included all strategic sourcing of steering, suspension, electronics, actuation, springs, plastic, rubber and packaging commodities.
• Directed four internal audits to maintain quality control. Collaborated with personnel to implement diverse continuous improvement processes, reviewing metrics for ongoing performance parameters.
• Strategically negotiated lower expenses for past model components and packaging. This achieved a total of $250K in cost reductions.
• Served as buyer for two facilities, communicating agreements for non-strategic contracts. This included PPE, chemicals, tools, fixtures, maintenance and site services. Achieved $150K savings within total spend budget of $3.8MM.
• Corresponded with engineering personnel to ensure efficiency and on-time delivery of past model parts. Obtained approvals for part deviations, significantly enhancing customer satisfaction.
• Examined challenging aspect of identifying difficult-to-source components with suppliers. Reduced costs as part of contract, achieving 140% in cost reductions. Buyer, Parts & Services NA
• Led NAFTA and customs compliance initiatives. Served as member of the Trade Compliance Council and as internal auditor.
• Balanced and reconciled all credit card statements, resolving all accounts payable discrepancies when applicable.
- Commodity Buyer at ZF GROUP
16 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Administration & Management
Manage supplier relationships and negotiate pricing and availability. Ensure timely issuance of purchase orders while maintaining optimal inventory levels. Communicate with suppliers on current and past due orders to ensure that purchased material is delivered on time to support customer requirements. Establish new qualified suppliers and develop current suppliers within my assigned commodity to meet and/or exceed company requirements for current business. Coordinate supplier and engineering collaboration on new program launches and projects and facilitate engineering change requests in a timely manner. Facilitate change management for supplier resourcing initiatives, managing each project through to completion.
- Commodity Buyer at Wurth Service Supply
- Material Analyst at Sloan Valve Company
- Production Expeditor & Materials Coordinator at Blac Inc
- Inventory Control Supervisor at Power Packaging Inc
at this Job
- B.S. - Industrial Technology / Distribution
• Managed a commodity spend of $108 million - 601 stamped parts, 19 chains.
• Developed and implemented a North America supplier strategy for respective commodity.
• Successfully managed, and grew key supply base relationships.
• Managed RFQs for new program, extensions, and uplifts.
• Performed in-depth quote analysis from cost breakdowns.
• Sourced and awarded parts to strategic suppliers.
• Presented sourcing council forms at regional, and global sourcing meetings.
• Identified key opportunities for savings on new programs, and current programs.
• Responsible for achieving 3% in savings annually.
• Effectively negotiated savings by using leverage of new programs, uplifts, extensions.
• Investigated manufacturing processes, and steel market to obtain savings on current parts with no additional volume leverage.
• Utilized SAP for scheduling agreements, and engineering prints.
• Vetted increase requests, and avoided price increases.
• Tracked and managed steel tariffs as well as steel material surcharges.
• Maintained and updated risks/savings roadmap file.
• Forecasted commodity business plan.
• Visited suppliers, and performed onsite assessments
• Responsible for obtaining signed BSA contracts from supply base.
• Actively supported technical reviews.
• Created supplier nomination letters.
• Responsible for increasing supplier payment terms to net 60 days
• Supported supplier turnaround processes.
• Successfully market tested, and resourced parts.
• Implemented VAVE initiatives.
• Worked with global counterparts to maintain strategic relationships with suppliers
• Lead purchasing meetings that included cross functional teams such as finance, engineering, and quality.
• Supported 8 Magna facilities in North America
- Commodity Buyer at Magna Powertrain
- Buyer - MRO, Tooling, and Capital Expense at JD Norman
- Buyer at Master Robotics LLC
- Logistics Coordinator / Repair Assistant at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Management
Devise and implement strategies for the electronics / electrical commodity to create a best is class supply source and alignment with the overall $85m global business strategy. Negotiate & implement long term agreements with strategic suppliers. Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers. Interface between suppliers, project managers and operational team on buying processes. Devise and implement strategies to encourage enhancement of commodity quality. Support new product launch and engineering change management processes. Analyze, evaluate and utilize RFQ results to assimilate resources. Clarify any financial issues that might arise. Establish and set up sourcing rules, pricing and ordering parameters to support supply chain functions. Specific Achievements: Implemented a vendor consolidation strategy for the $9.4m North American purchasing budget by negotiating several master supply agreements with key suppliers including extended payment terms to free up cash flow, annual rebates of up to 5% and blanket order agreements to streamline the supply chain function and limit out of stock situations.
- Commodity Buyer at Wabtec Passenger Transit
- Senior Buyer at Ritrama Inc
- Purchasing Analyst at Guardian Building Products
- Product Manager at GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS
9 months at this Job