Lead commodity buyer in North America for several capital secondary tooling and equipment commodities such as vibe welding, flame treat, material handling conveyors, rigging, testing equipment, and assembly tooling and equipment for instrument panel floor console, and overhead console programs for all business units
➢ Developed a purchasing role for building and facility purchasing when merging with JCI and developed a process and supply base for applicable activities to reduce outsourcing activities
➢ Direct liaison between YFAI Chinese headquarters and North American suppliers to build partnerships for joint projects
➢ Developed new and strengthened existing strategic partnerships with suppliers for North American and Mexico plant locations
➢ Directly support the Engineering team by reviewing specifications, driving the RFQ process, conducting detailed quote evaluations, manage negotiations, source projects and issuing purchase orders while following YFAI's processes and procedures
➢ Manage necessary supplier documentation, negotiate payment terms, provide forecasting information, conduct audits, and assist with invoice issues as applicable
➢ Developed three-way integration partnerships with integrators and equipment suppliers to meet the needs of the plants; specifically in Mexico
➢ Record budget versus spend to ensure annual cost savings objectives are met (achieved an annual spend of $27m with a tangible cost savings of $3.5m in 2018)
➢ Conduct site and supplier visits when necessary to ensure proper support and conduct benchmark activities to qualify both existing and potential suppliers
- Senior Commodity Buyer at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors - Interior Automotive Manufacturing
- Purchasing Manager at
- Senior Program Manager at
- Sales / Program Coordinator at Quality Hardware Corporation
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership Studies
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Management
- Associate of Business Administration - Marketing
• In charge of Parking commodity and most of LCC companies for Jatco Mexico (Nissan's Tear 1 supplier), in charge of developing, auditing and contacting new suppliers as well as negotiation of pricing and adopting currency fluctuations and foreign policies
• Also as a buyer I coordinate activities in regards of samples, PO, raw material evaluation, process evaluation, cost breakdown interpretation, raw material fluctuations and also supporting PPAP activities in conjunction with all the areas across the company. EXTRA COURSES
• Basic circuitry course on the Centro de Capacitación industrial #28 with the certification code 01DBT00228N
• Entrepreneurs formation course from Desarrollo de emprendedores A.C.
• Course of the 7 basic tools of quality from Quality & Manufacturing Consulting S.C.
• APQP (PPAP and Control Plan) Certification from AIAG- Certificate Number 20/TS-APQP/MX/27-09-16
• V-Up certification (Nissan's Group Six Sigma Program) GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- Commodity buyer at Jatco Mexico S.A. de C.V
- Strategic Buyer at Texas Hydraulics
- Commodity buyer at Valle Redondo Aguascalientes
- Quality Engineer at Grupo Vianney
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial engineering
• Maintain full responsibility for the company's PVC commodity and maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) procurement as a critical link between the supply chain and operations to ensure adequate inventory levels on hand.
• Manage the PVC product roadmap, the certification of products and sites and the certification process for the commodity within each plant.
• Work in collaboration with the plant master scheduler and supply chain to ensure adequate levels of materials and supplies necessary for the production process.
• Deliver accurate aggregating product forecasts while constantly monitoring inventory levels.
• Utilize ISO process including corrective action, auditing, lean manufacturing, process improvement and continuous improvement tools to deliver the desired end-results.
• Partner with engineering support on new incoming projects, placing a focus on the technical aspects including directing programming changes in core systems and the enhancements needed to meet customer expectations.
• Provide timely feedback and related solutions to the management team regarding customer concerns, service failures and process improvement to support positive change.
• Develop and implement highly effective purchasing strategies for all North American facilities.
- Commodity Buyer at CPI
- Buyer II at US FOODS
- Manager/Sergeant at U.S. ARMY
- Team Leader (Network Administrator)/Corporal at 23rd Military Police Company
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - General Studies
* Create and Send Purchase Orders to Suppliers via Email, Phone, or Fax * Enter Supplier Information in System Software * Request Price Quotes * Establish/Retain Positive Relationships with Suppliers * Maintain Contact with Suppliers * Expedited Product/Material in to Meet Production Goals * Obtain Supplier Information Regarding Shipping Dates, Tracking Information, Lead-Times, Order Acknowledgments, etc. * Confirm Order Acknowledgments in CMS * Aided in Running Exception Reports to Determine Whether Orders Need to be Pushed Out, Pulled In, or Cancelled * Update Purchase Orders with New Confirmation Dates or Cancellations * File Supplier Documents * Update Product Pricing as Necessary * Implement Cost Saving Strategies * Negotiated Prices with Suppliers * Identify Best Prices for Cost Savings * Research and Evaluate Potential Suppliers * Help Resolve Invoicing Issues * Data Entry * Send Potential Vendor Setup Forms * Handle Return to Vendor Items and Paperwork * Quote Items as Requested by Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Production Supervisors, Engineering, & Other Management * Worked Closely with Various Different Departments such as Accounting, Shipping/Receiving, Engineering, Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, etc.
* Create and Send Purchase Orders to Suppliers via Email, Phone, or Fax
* Enter Supplier Information in System Software
* Request Price Quotes
* Establish/Retain Positive Relationships with Suppliers
* Maintain Contact with Suppliers
* Expedited Product/Material in to Meet Production Goals
* Obtain Supplier Information Regarding Shipping Dates, Tracking Information, Lead-Times, Order Acknowledgments, etc.
* Confirm Order Acknowledgments in CMS
* Aided in Running Exception Reports to Determine Whether Orders Need to be Pushed Out, Pulled In, or Cancelled
* Update Purchase Orders with New Confirmation Dates or Cancellations
* File Supplier Documents
* Update Product Pricing as Necessary
* Implement Cost Saving Strategies
* Negotiated Prices with Suppliers
* Identify Best Prices for Cost Savings
* Research and Evaluate Potential Suppliers
* Help Resolve Invoicing Issues
* Data Entry
* Send Potential Vendor Setup Forms
* Handle Return to Vendor Items and Paperwork
* Quote Items as Requested by Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Production Supervisors, Engineering, & Other Management
* Worked Closely with Various Different Departments such as Accounting, Shipping/Receiving, Engineering, Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, etc.
- Commodity Buyer at Able Manufacturing & Assembly
- Assistant Office Manager at CKH Services
- Office Assistant at BS Logistics
- Logistics Analyst at Cars On The Move
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing
Strategic management of supply for packaging, literature, tires and rubber commodities. Support the Commodity Manager in development of strategies and implementation of cost down projects
- Commodity Buyer at The Toro Company
- Sourcing Project Manager at Danfoss Power Solutions
- Project Manager at Lockheed Martin
- Supply Manager - Staff at Lockheed Martin
5 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Masters of Science - Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics
- - Foundations for Leadership Program
• Review stock inventory levels for all commodity products, includes steel, aluminum, PVC and copper based products, for 36 branches and 2 Distribution Centers daily to determine what should be replenished. Also review items classified as "special order" and entered by branch sales personnel.
• Make strategic decisions on which suppliers to order from based on where copper has closed in the market and/or which suppliers have negotiated blanket pricing. Be mindful of upcoming supplier increases to determine if forward buys should be made. Utilize WESCO Distribution Center inventory where appropriate.
• Enter purchase orders based on purchasing procedures and decisions made using WESCO purchasing system (WPS) and enter on branch towers. Send purchase orders via e-mail or EDI transmission.
• Review quarterly excess/inactive inventory reports and determine if there is another branch that the material can be transferred to and if such transfer makes sense in order to reach set department goal.
• Prepare and distribute Daily PO Review file to team each morning so that prior day's purchase orders can be reviewed for errors, overbuys, additional purchase of inactive material, etc
• Maintain consistent communication with branch personnel to stay up to date on branch activities, projects and any stock product adjustments that might be needed.
• Assist with supplier shipping errors and/or damaged material as necessary.
- Commodity Buyer at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- Pricing Analyst at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- Branch Assistant at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- Office Associate at WESCO Distribution, Inc
5 years at this Job
- B.S.B.A - Management
• Responsible for managing TI FS Metal North American Supply Base North
• Responsible for managing North American Plant Open Issues for Purchase Team
• Develop Commodity Strategy for Metallic Supply Base
• North American Lead of Cross Functional Team to develop Disaster Recovery Procedure
• Negotiated $120k of supplier rebates to support 2019 cost reduction initiatives
- Lead Commodity Buyer - Metal at TI Fluid Systems
- Divisional Commodity Buyer at Gestamp
- Project Purchasing Buyer at General Motors Corporation
- Senior Buyer at General Motors Components Holdings
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- M.S. degree
- B.S. - Marketing
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities.
• Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with vendors
• Coordinate licensing and registrations between vendors and the NYS Gaming Commission
- Commodity Buyer at Resorts World Catskills
- Help Desk Admin at Resorts World Catskills
- Warranty Administrator at M&M Auto Group
- Automotive Service Advisor at M&M Auto Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Regents' Diploma
- Commodity Buyer at Superior Industries
- Car Salesman, Employer at
- Senior Materials Engineer at Caterpillar
- Assistant Parts Buyer at Caterpillar
11 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Business - Business
- Sources and procures aerospace fasteners and bushings by negotiating best pricing with vendors - Analyze and forecast data to achieve highest gross margin based on market trend, manufacturing processes and material pricing/lead time - Develop vendor relationships and initiate long term contracts for key programs to increase gross margin - Resolved quality issues for speciality fastener team by working with the vendors and sales to resolve issues in a timely manner to receive parts in - Work cross functionally with sales to meet sales initiatives and customer requirements - Re-align receipts to meet company metrics - Resolve payment issues with accounts payable and suppliers
- Commodity Buyer at Boeing Distribution Services
- Product Manager at Hadley Development, LLC
- Events, Marketing & Publicity Specialist at JcPenney HQ
- Merchandise Assistant at JcPenney HQ
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Apparel Marketing