Commodity Buyer Northrop Grumman - Remotec - Clinton, TN December 2015 to Present Procure all componentry, Machined Parts, and outside processing for the manufacture of remote controlled robots. Military and Defense Department applications
- Commodity Buyer at Northrop Grumman - Remotec
- Commodity Buyer, Inventory Control Specialist, GM Support Coordinator at Cooper Standard
- Senior Commodity Buyer at Sigma/Baxter International Health Care
- Senior Buyer at ARC Automotive
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- SUNY @ Brockport
Duncan, SC 2016 - Present
Fehrer Automotive is a leading specialist in components for automotive interiors. Fehrer uses polyurethane foam
molding technologies, cold foam, hot foam, light weight foam and back-foaming technologies to develop seating for modern automobiles. Customers include BMW, Daimler, Volkswagen, Ford and Tesla. Facilities in the NAFTA
region include Duncan, SC, Gadsden, AL and Saltillo MX.
Direct report to Director of Supply Chain Management for NA and ensuring all logistics requirements are met to support all NAFTA facilities. Primary duties include supplier management, supplier monitoring, reviewing
capacity, feasibility, and finalizing contracted volumes. Duties also include handling all pre-series requirements and purchase order creations to support program launch demands.
• Negotiated contracts for the procurement of materials , supplies, services and equipment
• Analyze contractual commitments, customer specification, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product
• Responsible for procurement of raw materials to support manufacturing in both Duncan, SC and Gadsden AL
• Continuous monitoring of supply chain to support supplier evaluation yearly requirements for price, quality and delivery performance
• Commodities managed are as listed; cut foam, fleece(embossed or formed), trim (leather, vinyl and cloth) materials and Hook & Loop fasteners
• Manage all pre-series purchasing and order placement to support project launch and customer qualification and safety test requirements
- Commodity Buyer at Fehrer
- Purchasing Engineer/Project Buyer at Bosch Rexroth
- Series Life Buyer at Faurecia Seating Division
- at Faurecia Seating Division
3 years at this Job
- - Supply Chain Management
- - Microcomputer Business Application Certifications
• Review stock inventory levels for all commodity products, includes steel, aluminum, PVC and copper based products, for 17 branches and 2 Distribution Centers daily to determine what should be replenished. Also review items classified as "special order" and entered by branch sales personnel.
• Make strategic decisions on which suppliers to order from based on where copper has closed in the market and/or which suppliers have negotiated blanket pricing. Be mindful of upcoming supplier increases to determine if forward buys should be made. Utilize WESCO Distribution Center inventory where appropriate.
• Enter purchase orders based on purchasing procedures and decisions made using WESCO purchasing system (WPS) and enter on branch towers. Send purchase orders via e-mail or EDI transmission.
• Review quarterly excess/inactive inventory reports and determine if there is another branch that the material can be transferred to and if such transfer makes sense in order to reach set department goal.
• Prepare and distribute Daily PO Review file to team each morning so that prior day's purchase orders can be reviewed for errors, overbuys, additional purchase of inactive material, etc
• Maintain consistent communication with branch personnel to stay up to date on branch activities, projects and any stock product adjustments that might be needed.
• Assist with supplier shipping errors and/or damaged material as necessary.
- Commodity Buyer at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- Pricing Analyst at WESCO Distribution, Inc
- Branch Assistant at WESCO Distribution, Inc
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S.B.A - Management
• Report directly to head of supply chain management who has recognized the strong negotiation, communication, organizational, and detail oriented skills by giving additional responsibility and compensation
• Use ERP system to manage UCT’s sheet metal commodity report by working directly with VP, supply chain director, commodity managers, planners, engineering Director, accounting Manager, QA/QC, and warehouse
• Responsible for purchasing activities such as issuing PO’s, RFQ’s, and PPV’s. Support daily escalations, monitor backorders, track and resolve MRB/NCM/RMA/RMA/RVN parts to ensure timely delivery and prioritization
• Analyze material content within Bill of Materials (BOM’s), weekly MRP output, and review EOL support requirements for problem escalation. Generate daily OOR, past due reports, and missing delivery backlog
• Review material forecast, analyze cost, EAU, manage shortage/excesses, and oversee the production process.
- Commodity Buyer at Ultra Clean Technology
- Buyer and Account Manager/ Inside Sale at L&T Precision Engineering
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. - American Literature
- A.A. - Technology Communication
• Manage the Procurement team, while purchasing and managing own categories.
• Develop produce procurement to ensure inventories are correct and costs are managed.
• Partner with vendors and provide excellent customer service.
• Develop innovative ways to continuously improve performance and processes.
• Develop local retail ads and foodservice programs.
• Forecast company produce needs and vendor programs and contracts.
• Maintain high level of communication and collaboration between procurement, key suppliers, operations and sales management to meet or exceed sales goals.
• Focus on quality, safety and service to valued customers.
• Ensure quality of product standards are met to minimize rejections while holding suppliers accountable for their quality and delivery issues.
- COMMODITY BUYER at Grand Avenue Produce
- Shipley Sales at Nogales
- PURCHASING MANAGER at Quality Fruit & Vegetable Company
- SALES at Marengo Foods
1 year at this Job
- AS Degree in International Business - Spanish & English
Source from 45 suppliers with annual spend of $35-38 million across 3 continents. Source filters with 1800+ SKUs inbound for 3 plants. Work with 5 affiliates in 4 countries to insource parts from external suppliers. Meet, plan, and strategize with suppliers to ensure a 95%+ order fill to customers. * Source finished filters from distributors, manufacturers, and company plants * Assisted multiple departments in 200+ company projects to change/add parts to M+H portfolio * Ensure the quality standards are met through all phases of the procurement life cycle
- Commodity Buyer at MANN+HUMMEL Filtration Technology
- Logistics and Project Management at MANN+HUMMEL Filtration Technology
- Supply Chain Coordinator at MANN+HUMMEL Filtration Technology
- Assistant Delivery Manager at US Transport Logistical Systems
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - business and systems analysis projects
- Certificate in Management Information Systems
• Responsible for the procurement of Facility Goods and services in support of Manufacturing and Engineering R&D.
• Work closely with Facilities and Engineering Staff to obtain best pricing and delivery schedules to meet specific program goals.
• Fuel Cells Aftermarket/Spares procurement
- Commodity Buyer at Doosan Fuel Cells Corporation
- Sr. Buyer - Tactical Procurement - Under Contract at Gerber Scientific, Inc
- Procurement/Materials Analyst at Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems
- Purchasing Manager at Parker X-Ray Solution Service
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. in Marketing - Advertising
for API 5CT and API SPEC 7 Products. Increased revenues by 40% strategically sourcing raw material from domestic and foreign steel manufacturers. Consolidating purchase orders and tactical buying saving money on transportation. Certified suppliers/manufacturers according to capabilities and licenses. Negotiated terms with selected suppliers saving company assets and cash flow. Successfully managed new business development with several majors in the Oil & Gas Market including revenues of $1m for new export customer. Collaborated with engineers on compliance and regulations. Import/Export, customs documentation, and clearance. Budgeting and cost control, forecasting, and trend analysis. Great customer service and satisfaction. International travel to rig site to secure business and contracts increasing sales. Administrative assistant to CEO; handled bookkeeping, first point of contact for customer and vendor, update calendar, made travel arrangement, Represented company at trade show, and scheduled all appointments.
- Commodity buyer at Products Inc
- SENIOR BUYER at TFE Group Inc
9 years at this Job
- Associate Degree - French & English
• 2015-Developed New Toyota Supplier for multi-million dollar platform concepts
• Provide stamping cost breakdowns and strategize commercial vehicle purchasing activities for Japanese-based OEM manufacturer and Toyota Tier 1 Supplier
•Provide procurement and Bill of Material development support for special order quotations
• Purchasing competencies to negotiate and implement long term contracts and Supplier Agreements
• Perform target costing activities and supply chain risk analysis for new and existing programs
•Lead the develop of global commodity sourcing and assist in the evaluation, negotiation and management of Supplier cost, quality, and inventory targets
• Manage relationship among material providers to develop and implement VA ideas
- Commodity Buyer-Stampings at Hino Motors USA
- Material Buyer/Planner at Eberspaecher NA
- Buyer/Planner at Hollingsworth Logistics Group, LLC
- Senior Accountant at Forest Health Services, LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Cost Management
Facility capacity: 3,000 commercial machines / year | 178 DoD government machines
Reported to General Manager - Supply Chain & managed over $3M in annual productive material purchases for commercial & government contracts (DoD). Approved for DSP-5 license.
• Core commodity included steel, forging, castings, machining & fabrications (welded & general assembly).
• Secondary commodities included rubber, undercarriage, wheels & tires & hydraulics.
• Fabrication parts included raw & painted material; establish cost for welded parts and subcontract agreements for all painted components.
• Establish consignment agreements w/ key suppliers to reduce inventory levels while insuring availability of strategic raw materials.
• Lead strategic projects to ensure efficiency in the selection of outsourced fabricators. 1 of 3
• Analyze, develop, modify and/or implement various international sourcing initiatives including chassis, ROPS/FOPS tubes, & tires.
• Advance knowledge of VA/VE, w/ sever cost reduction projects achieved in steel, fabrications & rubber.
• Costing analysis through make or buy review and final decision proposal to management.
• Resourcing projects on several commodities including process change, material change, parts outsourcing & process optimization.
• Purchasing Policy optimization & maintaining.
• Developed & maintained budgets.
• Contract management - Long- & short-term agreements.
• Compliance management - for government contracts ensured contractual requirements were met for price reasonableness, commercial item determination, Truthful Cost & Pricing Data, small business resourcing & sole source justification.
• Regional commodity buyer representative at project meetings to build & implement project strategies.
• Developed strategies, identify, evaluate & nominate candidate suppliers.
• Drive supply base for continuous improvement of the competitiveness, cost, efficiency, quality & service through internal QCRPM (Quality, Cost, Risk, People, Management) metric review.
• Strategic localization of components in order to implement cost reduction projects.
• Developed should-be costs on specific components through the use of scatter charts. KEY ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Annualized cost reduction 2015: $400k; 2016: $200k; 2017: $154k.
• Successful launch of project for (3) product lines.
• Smooth supply chain set up for long lead parts without impacting line.
• 37% supplier reduction
- SR. COMMODITY BUYER at JCB MANUFACTURING INC
- DEPUTY MANAGER at JCB INDIA LIMITED
- MEMBER at SHOWA INDIA PRIVATE LT
4 years at this Job