• Promoted to Commodity manager responsible for $210MM in annual spend in Mill Rolls, Outside Steel Processing, Maintenance and Structural Steel and Scrap sales
• Extensive experience in project management and managing cross functional teams. Notable Achievement- I was the first person in USS procurement to ever manage Outside Processing of Steel as a commodity. I developed the process and team structure to manage this spend
- Commodity Manager at United States Steel Corporation
- Category Manager at United States Steel Corporation
- Buyer at Hj Heinz
- Associate Buyer at HJ Heinz
10 months at this Job
- BS - Supply Chain Management and Information Systems Management
As a Commodity Manager I manage a very large group of Airplane parts on the 787,737 and MD80. I ensure these parts are available for when planes are grounded or in for maintenance. I manage Vendor relationships, investigate where missing parts are and make sure we are getting our parts returned in a timely manner.
- Commodity Manager at American Airlines
- Senior IT Inventory Procurement Specialist Team Lead at American Airlines
- Senior Sales Representative at IT1 Source
- Licensed Insurance Rep at USAA
2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
As a commodity manager I work with every department within the company. I am currently in charge of 8 commodities and work on many special projects at TEAM. I started my career at TEAM by working on a supplier changeover, throughout the project I was able to save TEAM 23% on its spend for that commodity over a year. And gained back lost production floor space due to the reduction of needed on hand inventory. Throughout the transition I had to manage the old supplier, new supplier, customer and my own production teams. Together as a team we were able to switch supplier with no lost production time, missed shipments or quality concerns. Recently I was placed in charge of organizing the section 232 Tariff impact that was then used to make financial decisions with our customers and suppliers company wide. I continue to be tasked with multiple new projects and enjoy working in an ever changing environment.
- commodity manager at TEAM Industries LLC
- telemetry technician at Sanford Health Medical Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Operations Management
Joined Boyd Corporation, a global market leader in custom fabricated solutions for the electronics, transportation, medical, and industrial markets as a Strategic Sourcing Leader/Commodity Manager. In this role I am responsible for all commercial relationships with suppliers within the polymer division. Main functions are securing targeted levels of cost, quality, delivery precision, sustainability, as well as, driving value by implementing strategic sourcing and entering into cost efficient agreements that fulfil supply requirements within the assigned commodities.
• Develop and implement assigned commodity strategies that meet internal and external customer demands in terms of
• best value (safety, quality, delivery, total costs and innovation) on a continuous basis.
• Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
• Responsible for supplier performance and rating based on Key Performance Metrics (KPI) for Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Find and develop new suppliers, if needed, in accordance with global purchasing guidelines.
• Develop and implement approved strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
• Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers given the assigned commodity strategy
• Manage the total lifecycle of a supplier contract, including submission to legal, expiration alerts, etc. within the commodities assigned.
• Segment suppliers and manage supplier relationships to drive supplier development and integration for existing, new and potential suppliers
• Conduct and follow up Purchase Price Variance (PPV) activities, budgeting, forecast and actual, and annual price negotiations as well as any other initiatives for assigned commodities.
• Work closely with sales, order fulfilment, finance, manufacturing and other functions to establish an efficient and effective supply chain, which is measured on on-time delivery, DPPM, material costs PPV.
- Commodity Manager at Boyd Corporation
- Sourcing Manager at Newell Brands
- Sourcing Manager - Plastics at Acuity Brands
- Procurement Manager at Biologicals & Chemicals
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and Economics - Business and Economics
• Front-end commodity manager responsible for launching consumer notebooks.
• Lead DTC activities using clean sheet tools for notebooks, servers, storage and IOT.
• Managed team budget using Ariba
• Managed a team of 6 people delivering more than 40 clean sheets per quarter to launch NPI products at right cost.
• Working sessions and negotiations with suppliers based on clean sheet data.
• Supplier site visits for process improvement opportunities.
• Create cost budget plans and review with leadership for project approvals at each stage gate.
- Commodity Manager at Dell EMC Corporation
- Sourcing Manager, Alpha Diagnostics at
- Supply Chain Management Strategy Manager at Whirlpool Corporation
- Product Development Manager NPI at Whirlpool Corporation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
New Ulm, MN
Global Leader of Motion and Control Technologies. 14B+ Annual Revenues. NYSE: PH Commodity Manager (2017-Present)
Reports to Division Supply Chain Manager. Oversees & manages long term relationships with strategic partners for critical motion control components.
• Developed Global Strategy for high-cost long-lead-time transmission shafts to support vehicle electrification market growth resulting in 66% reduction in lead time & 80%+ reduction in cost.
• Implemented consignment program for industrial magnets resulting in 100K+ reduced inventory.
• Sourcing lead for all New Product Development in New Ulm Plant to support customer markets in Semi-Conductor, Industrial, Military, Agricultural, & Aerospace.
• Supplier Identification, Qualification, Onboarding, & Acting Liaison between suppliers & cross-functional Parker departments.
• Manages Manufacturing Engineer/Prototype Team to ensure efficient assembly & delivery of motors most critical to future growth of business in New Ulm.
• Divisional Commodity Support for Roller Bearings, Linear Bearings, Electric Motor Stators/Rotors, Magnets, Copper, Electric Brakes, & Gears with Site Support for Die Castings, Complex Precision Machine Parts, & Molded Plastics.
- Commodity Manager at Parker Hannifin Electromechanical and Drives - Motion Systems Group
- Supply Chain Manager at PBC Linear, A Pacific Bearing Company
- Systems Analyst at PBC Linear, A Pacific Bearing Company
- Product Development/Manufacturing Engineer at Impact Plastics
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Sustainability Management
- Bachelors of Science - Operations Management
Regal Beloit / A.O. Smith, Electrical Product Company. (EPC) 2007 – present Tipp City, OH, 45371. Regal is the largest North American own electric motor manufacturer with motor range from factional to 1000 hp. The average American home has 25 motors, a Regal brand is at least 12 of these motors. Commodity Manager (2011), Present · Coordinate $44M spend over a variety of commodity families ranging from Plastic injection molding/ Resins, Metal blower wheels and fans, Powdered Metal components and tools, Motor Capacitors, Capacitor film, Switches, Contacts, D/C Brushes/Commutators, and low volume (<100,000) printed circuit board assemblies. · Promote continual supplier development; alignment, and consolidation to concentrate spend. · Achieved reduction savings 2018 $358K, 2017 $463K, 2016 $705K, 2015 $282K, 2014 $531K . · With a goal of increasing weighted payable days by 3 days per years I have exceeded goal 4 of last 5 years. · Promote part quality: through our PPAP system. · Controlled total cost: through extended term contracts, material indexes, buffer stock contacts and payment terms. · Managed a staff of 2 exempt, 1 salary employees. · Act as our Sourcing representative to our document control system (PLM), for ECR and NMR’s control. · Work to reduce lead time: through inventory consignment, contract buffer holding, and Supply Chain disciplines.
- Commodity Manager at Regal Beloit / A.O. Smith, Electrical Product Company. (EPC)
- Advance Systems Planner/Buyer at Motoman Inc
- Materials Manager at Tube Products Inc
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
A top-performing Commodity Manager with expertise in strategic sourcing, supply chain, and relationship management would like to contribute to your revenue growth in highly competitive business markets and help you find saving opportunities, minimize risk, improve acquisition process and supplier performance.
Areas of Expertise
● Strategic Sourcing
● Risk Assessment
● Relationship Management
● Cost Reduction
● Contract Negotiation
● Cross Functional Skills
● Project Management
● Supply Chain Management Key Accomplishments
● A total of 10 years of working experience in broad supply chain field in high-tech.
● Achieved $1M+ annual cost savings by driving a rigorous spend analysis and supplier negotiation initiative in 2018.
● Highly accomplished in the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and strategic partners. Recipient of several letters of acknowledgment commending exceptional relationship and customer service efforts.
● Responsible for key strategic semiconductors including Transistors, Diodes, PMICs, MCUs, Switches, Oscillators, Sensors, LLD, LDO and Filters at GoPro. Accounted for $160M+ in annual spend.
● Introduced 3 new suppliers, and eliminated 7 non-value added suppliers, brought fair competitions within the supplier base, and approved On Time Delivery performance.
● Negotiated long-term contracts that resulted in currency and material deviation of an additional $0.8M in 2018.
● Owned a product line, identified and purchased computer hardware and electronic components in Telecommunication Industry, including shortage and hard-to find parts. Individually assumed purchasing and sales responsibilities, keeping organization profitable for three years of economic downturn in 2012-2015.
● Demonstrated comfort and ease in performing wide variety of tasks and software packages (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, SQL, ERP, Arena, Google Docs, Keynotes, Mac Apps).
● Responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy, which consists of the materials, suppliers and components necessary to develop high quality products for GoPro.
● Led supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully managed the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements.
● Collaborated within the GoPro Materials team, Design Engineering team and Advanced Technology to develop a commodity strategy and technology roadmap that aligns technology and business requirements with supplier capabilities. Leveraged GoPro current supply base as well as sourcing new and emerging suppliers.
● Worked closely with Engineering, and the Project team to define standard and custom product requirements within the semiconductor components supply base.
● Worked closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions that meet technical capabilities, business objectives and manufacturing considerations. Supported Engineering to identify suppliers available for sourcing.
● Responsible for Approved Vendor List, supplier selection and qualification.
● Issued RFQs to multiple suppliers for multiple commodities. Reviewed, analyzed and clarified quote packages.
● Responsible for Cost Reduction, Risk Assessment, and evaluation of alternative suppliers.
● Managed overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements
- Commodity Manager at GoPro, Inc
- Account Manager / Business Development at Ma Laboratories, Inc
- Global Supply Manager at Apple, Inc
- Strategic Sourcing and Purchasing Manager at US Computer Hardware, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Lead strategic sourcing objectives for assigned supplier base
• Develop new supplier relationships and leveraged new ones for productivity gains
• Use innovative sourcing techniques to minimize risk of supply disruption
• Drive and achieve working capital objectives in partnership with suppliers
• Drive and achieve productivity markers established through strategic sourcing initiatives
• Write and negotiate legal documents and provide counsel and recommendations to leadership for same Compunnel Software Group Contract 2018 - Tempe, Arizona 2018 Commodity Manager - Aerospace
• Lead strategic sourcing objectives for assigned supplier base
• Develop new supplier relationships
• Use innovative sourcing techniques to minimize risk of supply disruption and maintain stable continuity of supply
• Drive and achieve working capital objectives
• Drive and achieve productivity markers established through strategic sourcing initiatives
• Write and negotiate legal documents and provide counsel and recommendations to leadership for same
- Commodity Manager - Aerospace at
- Chief Procurement Officer at Arizona Department of Health Services
- Director of Strategic Sourcing at Sonora Quest Laboratories, LLC
- Registered Representative in equities and bonds at Charles Schwab
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Administration & Supervision * Procurement Professional with over twenty years experience in public and private procurement. * Manage procurement department and training for over five years. * Oversee appropriate implementation of procurement policies, laws and regulations. * Lead cross-functional teams in supplier selection process and implement strategies to control purchased material costs and assure adequate source of supply. * Trained staff on system procurement software and customer service. Developmental and Promotional * Initiated cost savings and cost avoidance of over $350k per year. * Initiated negotiations of annual volume agreements for major commodities ($20 million/yr.). * Initiated strategic planning for major commodities. * Develop and maintain supplier relationships that will provide company with competitive advantages. * Drive for continuous improvements in all aspects of procurement, principles, regulations and procedures. * Responsible for supplier performance cost, quality and delivery. * Project Management for major capital expenditures and strategic plans. * Oversee see contract administration and implementation on major commodities. * Oversee accounting and audit issues and implement corrective actions. * Warranty Supplier Liaison (3yrs, ). Training internal staff and external suppliers. Customer service focused. * Toyota TPS training and experience internal and at suppliers. Procurement Commodity Experience * Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, air conditioning equipment, fans and blowers. * Aircraft parts and instruments, oxygen equipment, repair and returns, castings and raw material. * Computers, peripherals, integrated circuits, semiconductors and electrical components. * Display systems, miscellaneous video equipment, and printers. * Power supplies, printed circuit boards, generators, motors, and mechanical hardware. * MRO supplies, cooperative food bids, office equipment/supplies, molded plastics, and paint. * Telecommunications equipment, audio/video equipment, and facility services. * Duplicating and printing services, construction and service contracts. * Formulated commodities: Plastic, Rubber, Paint, Seats, hydraulic hose, fittings and decals. Technical Experience * System Field / Test Engineer before purchasing position * Provided system design testing of electronic equipment for varied extensive subsystems for total integration into aircraft and helicopter simulators. * Implemented appropriate methods and procedures to assure design specifications and functional operation of all electronic systems for aircraft simulators. * Maintained and repaired all electronic equipment. * Assisted in latest state-of-art design and development of hardware and interfacing for Aircraft simulators. * Managed technical lab and performed all duties, electrical / mechanical as required by design specifications. Rocky S. Oppito Employment History Sales/Leasing - Porter/Shuttle Driver, Gault Toyota, Endicott, NY. Commodity Manager & Warranty Supplier Liaison, Raymond Corporation, Greene, N.Y. Purchasing Agent - Broome-Tioga BOCES, Binghamton, N.Y.
- Commodity Manager at Raymond Corporation
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business
- Certificate - Leadership and Organizational Studies
- Associate of Applied Science - Electrical Technology
- Certification - Cost Estimating
- - Government