Waukesha, WI Oct. 2016 to present
Manufacturer of a wide range of back-up power products including portable, residential, commercial and industrial generators; engine powered tools used in commercial and consumer markets; and mobile products used in construction, mining, rental and recreational events.
Responsible for strategic management of assigned commodities and products worldwide. Work in cross-functional teams and own the supplier process and performance. Execute sourcing strategies, producing tangible value through implementing processes that yield a reduced total cost of acquisition, gross margin improvement, supply base alignment, enhanced product quality, and reduction of risk.
• Saved over $350,000 in TCA for the purchase of plastic wheels used in three platforms, reducing the number of suppliers and sourcing directly with manufacturing.
• Completed commercial negotiations as a part of an engineering & sourcing team, saving $750,000 in TCA while improving product quality.
• Negotiated pricing reduction with a strategic supplier, reducing pricing by 2.5% on one fourth of the SKUs supplied. 2018 savings estimate $50,000
• Successfully mitigated costs of obsolete materials, reducing risk and exposure by over 20%.
• Identified and signed 20 non-disclosure agreements with new suppliers; performed 4 risk assessments, and qualified 3 new suppliers.
- Commodity Manager at Generac Power Systems
- Operations Manager at Fairchild Industries
- Department Manager at Fairchild Industries
- Product Control Manager at Power Merchandising Corporation
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BA - Political Science
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
Joined Boyd Corporation, a global market leader in custom fabricated solutions for the electronics, transportation, medical, and industrial markets as a Strategic Sourcing Leader/Commodity Manager. In this role I am responsible for all commercial relationships with suppliers within the polymer division. Main functions are securing targeted levels of cost, quality, delivery precision, sustainability, as well as, driving value by implementing strategic sourcing and entering into cost efficient agreements that fulfil supply requirements within the assigned commodities.
• Develop and implement assigned commodity strategies that meet internal and external customer demands in terms of
• best value (safety, quality, delivery, total costs and innovation) on a continuous basis.
• Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
• Responsible for supplier performance and rating based on Key Performance Metrics (KPI) for Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Find and develop new suppliers, if needed, in accordance with global purchasing guidelines.
• Develop and implement approved strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
• Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers given the assigned commodity strategy
• Manage the total lifecycle of a supplier contract, including submission to legal, expiration alerts, etc. within the commodities assigned.
• Segment suppliers and manage supplier relationships to drive supplier development and integration for existing, new and potential suppliers
• Conduct and follow up Purchase Price Variance (PPV) activities, budgeting, forecast and actual, and annual price negotiations as well as any other initiatives for assigned commodities.
• Work closely with sales, order fulfilment, finance, manufacturing and other functions to establish an efficient and effective supply chain, which is measured on on-time delivery, DPPM, material costs PPV.
- Commodity Manager at Boyd Corporation
- Sourcing Manager at Newell Brands
- Sourcing Manager - Plastics at Acuity Brands
- Procurement Manager at Becton Dickinson & Company
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and Economics - Business and Economics
Florence, KY Aug 2008-Present HDT Global is a highly recognized as an industry leader in production of state-of-the-art, fully integrated deployable solutions, including shelters, generators, heaters and air filtration devices among other products. DRS is a Company with $3.2 billion in revenues, DRS is a leading supplier of integrated product, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Sr. Commodity Manager Responsible for the business strategies for the assigned commodities including spend analysis, supply base rationalization, negotiate price, terms and conditions and long term agreements. Evaluate supplier performance thru the use of scorecards top measure on time delivery, quality, total cost of ownership and responsiveness. Manage supply base for assigned commodities for multiple manufacturing plants across the United State. Leverage combines spend of all manufacturing sites and supply base to minimize total costs. Follow all FAR and DFAR regulations for governing US Government procurement contracts supporting Department of Defense procurement programs. Meet with strategic suppliers on a regular basis to ensure compliance with contracts and performance to meet business objectives and continuity expectations. Subcontracts Manager Responsible to lead activities of subcontract teams on assigned programs required for the sourcing of complex (i.e., engineering development programs) materials and services. Ensures products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost and schedule objectives. Submittal of Statement of Work (SOW) for engineering, logistics and facilities require to support business needs and objectives. Identify potential sources to develop and issue requests for proposal and lead proposal evaluation teams through a supplier selection process. Negotiate subcontracts terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Develop subcontract documents, ensuring it complies with Government, Corporate and Company requirements. Participate in subcontract surveys and program reviews. Negotiate teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memoranda of understanding. Participate in cross functional design reviews, and provide subcontract advice to Program Managers, engineering personnel, finance, quality and contracts administration. Develop Supply Chain cost proposals for direct material components to support new programs to grow the business portfolio. Includes Bill of Material (BOM) analysis, identification of key components such as top 80% spend items and prioritization of costing to ensure meeting cost proposal deadlines and customer requirements. Ensure compliance with government FAR, DFAR and ITAR regulations. Understand small business requirements to ensure award and or development of small business concern to meet program and government requirements.
- Sr. Commodity Manager at HDT Global - DRS TECHNOLOGIES
- Sr. Commodity Specialist at HILL-ROM COMPANY
- at Cost Management
- Sr. Commodity Specialist at ROCKWELL COLLINS
10 years, 5 months at this Job
Chicago, IL Primarily operating in the Futures Brokers and Dealers, Commodity business/industry within the Security & Commodity Brokers, Dealers, Exchanges & Services Sector. COMMODITY MANAGER (2017 to Present) Deploy allocated capital across well designed commodity strategies with great risk/reward profiles. ♦ Strong ability to generate low risk/ high reward trading strategies. ♦ Led office market analysis efforts and initiatives.
- COMMODITY MANAGER at LBS Ltd
- COMMODITY MANAGER at TradeLink Investments LLC
- at TradeLink Investments LLC
- COMMODITY MANAGER at
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Agriculture Economics - Agriculture Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management - Industrial Management
LG Chem Power Inc., Troy Michigan (TIER 1, ION LITHIUM BATTERY PACKS) March 2015 - CurrentSR COMMODITY MANAGER: PLASTICS, SEALS, CASTINGS & ICBS(S), FASTENERS / PROGRAM/CUSTOMER LEAD FOR FORD PROGRAMS: 48V, U611 AND C727 Responsible for entire plastics, seals, castings, ICB(s), fasteners spend across FCA(RU, 48V, K8, GSW) and Ford(48V, U611, C727) programs in North America Responsible in quoting/kick off/component and tool tracking on all prototype builds per my assigned commodities Work with project teams on development of new business proposals: sales, engineering, finance, manufacturing, quality Process approval forms, requisitions and purchase orders - basic system/SAP (spot orders) Responsible for indirect/MRO purchasing for entire Troy location (150+ people, 3 locations)
- Senior Commodity Manager at LG Chem Michigan Inc.
- SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM MANAGER at Inteva Products LLC
- SR COMMODITY BUYER - STAMPINGS, SEALS, FASTENERS, INTERCONNECT BOARDS AND MSD(S) at LG Chem Power Inc
- SR COMMODITY BUYER - STAMPINGS at Dana Holding Corporation
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Managed $100,000,000 to $125,000,000 in annual expenditures for direct raw materials, such as methyl hydrogen, biocides, latex emulsions, PVOH, adhesives, scrim, cement, aggregate, polyethylene glycol, and fly ash, to support 30 plants and various divisions within USG in North America.
• Consolidated miscellaneous chemicals used in North America to be included in a national bid.
• Negotiated and implemented a national contract for miscellaneous chemicals, which produced $1,000,000 in annual savings and averaged a 17% reduction in cost.
• Saved $1,500,000 by negotiating new pricing for naphthalene, which represented a 10% cost reduction.
• Negotiated and implemented a 15% cost reduction National RFQ for adhesives to support all 30 USG plants, which saved $1,500,000 annually.
• Negotiated new pricing and a rebate program for key biocides, which saved $3,700,000 annually and represented 40- 52% cost reductions.
• Collaborated with Research to qualify alternate sources for latex emulsion, negotiated a National RFQ, and reduced cost by 5-15% depending on the region of the country, which produced >$1,700,000 in annual savings.
• Negotiated the raw material cost for methyl hydrogen, which represented a 30% drop in cost and saved $3,500,000.
• Averaged $4,500,000 in annual savings each year.
• Promoted to level II Commodity Manager.
- Commodity Manager at USG Corporation
- Buyer at Andrew Corporation
- Buyer/Material Planner at SunSource
- Assistant Buyer, Merchandising at Spiegel
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
• Establish, communicate and drive complex machining and gear commodity strategy goals in alignment with company goals to all aerospace facilities located in US, Europe and Asia
• Lead and manage cost reduction projects. Exceed commodity goals of cost savings of $3M annually
• Develop and build strategic supplier partnerships
• Manage $80M supplier portfolio
• Negotiate multi-million long term agreements
• Support aerospace facilities supply chain to execute site and company goals
• Risk mitigation through supplier financial stress evaluation and supplier consolidation
- Commodity Manager at Eaton Aerospace, LLC
- NPI Sourcing Manager at Woodward Airframe Systems
- NPI Sourcing Subcontract Manager at Woodward Airframe Systems
- Subcontract Administrator at HR Textron
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
El Paso, TX, USA/Monterrey, NL, Mexico. Regional Senior Commodity Manager - Americas 2013 - Present * Lead and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to develop and execute key progressive regional and global sourcing strategies that deliver advantageous commercial terms and cash flow benefits to the enterprise, considering industry-leading innovations based on world class quality standards. * Manage an annual regional commodity budget for the Americas of over 150 M Euros to include marketing & sales commodities, real estate projects, facilities management, energy sourcing and industrial CAPEX, MRO and material handling equipment & services. * Lead complex regional and global negotiations to secure cost cutting contracts, delivering 7% year-over-year cost reductions on assigned commodities. * Drive multimillion-dollar cash flow improvements based on effective supplier financing and contract payment terms negotiations. * Executed a regional marketing & sales commodity strategy to consolidate the supplier base by 40% through purchase leveraging and global contract implementations. * Strategically negotiated energy contracts focused on renewable sources to create environmental sustainability and reduce carbon emissions in line with the company's sustainable KPIs. * Launched an industrial supplies integrator program to consolidate the regional supplier base by 90%, garnering millions of dollars in savings. * Conduct extensive research and forecasts within the targeted markets for assigned commodities to determine market conditions and price trends, bringing innovations to the Philips business and its customers. * Remotely manage and lead junior Sourcing Buyers in the Philips Operational Center in Lodz, Poland.
- Regional Senior Commodity Manager - Americas at LIGHTING NORTH AMERICA CORP
- Indirect Materials & Services Procurement Director at PHILIPS DO BRASIL LTDA
- Regional Sourcing Manager at PHILIPS ELECTRONICS NORTH AMERICA CORP
- Direct Material Strategic Buyer at MERCURY MARINE - DIVISION OF BRUNSWICK CORP
6 years at this Job
- Master of Economics - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Geological Science - Geological Science
Managed commodities and related suppliers. Worked to ensure supply base partners met business team requirements with respect to; New Product Development, delivery, quality, and cost. Responsible for surveying, contingency planning and reporting on the status of the commodity marketplace. Concentration on New Product Development, pioneered new position created to better serve new product implementation. Managed all new components and related suppliers of those components throughout the project Milestones, M1-M16.
- Commodity Manager at HYPERTHERM, INC
- Supply Base Manager at
- Director Of Purchasing at PERMASTEELISA NORTH AMERICA CORP
- Supply Chain Manager at GYRUS ACMI
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in communications - communications
Formulate and implement commodity strategies and supply chains for electronic components such as semiconductors, capacitors, switches, relays and connectors.
• Negotiate annual contract pricing for semiconductors, capacitors, resistors, connectors, fuses and relays with a $35 million in spend.
• Supervise 1 Commodity Manager, responsible for metal fabricated parts and magnetic devices. 1 Junior Commodity Manager, responsible for resistors, fuses, labels and packaging. And 1 Senior Buyer, responsible for NPI purchases to support Design Engineering and forecasting material for new designs.
• Implement newly negotiated pricing with consideration for material on-hand, in VMI and material in transit.
• Monitor contract compliance of both plant purchasing staff and supplier price commitments.
• Responsible and accountable for PPV on a daily basis.
• Manage Purchasing staff in Mexico in a matrix style management structure.
• Implement VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) for several major suppliers. This facilitated in a seamless supply chain without incurring inventory on hand.
• Negotiate payment and logistic terms and conditions.
• Escalation point for tactical issues regarding the supply base, production needs and delivery requirements.
• Work side by side with Design and Component Engineering to find and qualify new sources for newly designed LED Modules and Electronic Lighting Ballasts.
• Facilitate technology roadmap reviews for power semiconductors.
• Work with Quality Assurance to resolve quality issues with suppliers, both at incoming inspection and finished goods.
• Active role in supplier audits from business standpoint.
• Active member in, the Excess & Obsolete Council, which develops processes and procedures to mitigate excess and obsolete material
• Active member in, The Technology Council, which incorporates several inputs from key departments to assist Product Marketing in deciding new markets to enter.
- Senior Commodity Manager at Universal Lighting Technologies
- Global Commodity Manager at Benchmark Electronics
- Regional Commodity Manager at
- Global Supply Manager at SANMINA-SCI
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing