One of the nation's leading academic medical centers, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center offers healthcare services in virtually every specialty and subspecialty in medicine. Thousands of patients come to us each month for treatments and services they cannot find anywhere else. Providing access to healthcare information is core to our research, education and patient care mission. At Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, we're dedicated to improving health in Ohio and across the world through innovation in research, education and patient care.
• Responsible for the daily operations and support of the voice and video network and monitoring systems. The Unified Communication Engineering Team within OSUMC IT Technology Services and Support is committed to assisting The Ohio State University Medical (OSUMC) and its patients.
• Responsible for the engineering, build, installation, configuration, maintenance and support of the voice and video network and related monitoring systems to ensure stability, reliability and acceptable performance. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the planning, design, installation, and implementation of the voice and video network infrastructure. Plans and develop the detailed engineering, design and implementation of the Medical Center's telecommunication environment. Plan and performs upgrades to voice and video equipment and systems which include voice technologies. VOIP systems, digital signage, video networks and related systems in accordance with ITIL best practices.
• Responsible for voice and video network systems projects that range from medium to large in scope, risk and impact. Lead and facilitate strategic projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing products, procedures and/or workflows need associated with telecommunication systems for the Medical Center. Research current and developing technologies to provide technical guidance pertaining to the capabilities, limitations and requirement of voice and video network systems.
• Assist in the execution of short-term planning activities for voice and video network development and implementation including transmission media, system architecture, and general technology guidelines.
• Responsible for the evaluation and determination of network system's needs, development, process analysis, design and re-engineering.
• Facilitates needed hardware repair and software remediation as required
• Responsible for the timely resolution of the most complex customer issues in a voice and video support capacity. This includes the remote and hands on diagnosis and repair of complex unified communication hardware and peripheral units or components and their connectivity in wired or wireless environment
• Responsible for the deployment, installation, operation and maintenance (break/fix) of telephony and video systems, hardware, software and peripheral equipment
• Conduct inspection, maintenance, repair, alteration and installation of complex hospital telephone system equipment and appliances according to specific methods, codes and procedures
• Diagnose faults and effects minor repairs to unified communication equipment. Install, runs performance tests; modifies, troubleshoot, and repair complex wireless and unified communication systems
• Responsible for voice and video network systems projects that range from medium to large in scope, risk and impact
• Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Unified Communication Engineer at The Ohio State University Medical Center
- Network Engineer at American Signature
- Unified Communication Analyst 1 at Franklin County Children Services
- Network Engineer at Alcatel-Lucent
10 months at this Job
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Associates of Applied Science - Electronic Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies - BTAS
• Defined cost effective scope for telecommunication system design/upgrade projects
• Performed new installation, troubleshoot and upgrade of Nurse Call Communication Systems in accordance with industry codes and Hill-Rom Safety Standards
• Developed and review telecommunication system diagrams
• Managed spreadsheets for telecommunications equipment
• Acted as liaison between Hill-Rom Sales and Technical teams
- Field Communication Engineer at Hill-Rom
- Communication Service Technician, Journeyman at North Shore University Hospital, Long Island
- Foreman /Technician at StarCom Communication
- Field Service Technician at Corbel Installation Services
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- General Education Diploma
New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) -- it rushes millions of people every day. The largest public transportation system in the US, the government-owned MTA provides about 2.6 billion passenger trips and sees about 300 million vehicles travel its system annually. The MTA's largest agency, the New York City Transit Authority, operates about 6,300 rail and subway cars that provide service across New York's five boroughs; it also runs a fleet of some 5,900 buses. Other MTA units offer bus and rail service to Connecticut and Long Island and operate the Triborough system of toll bridges and tunnels. equipment of projects: - Public Address / Customer Information System (PA/CIS Project W-32658) - CCTV Passenger Identification
• Prepare detailed estimates for new Capital Projects and AWO's (Additional Work Orders).
• Prepare cost estimate analysis.
• Review and evaluate cost estimates.
• Ensure timely completion of estimates.
• Understand the scope of work to bid.
• Providing inspection, monitoring, coordination and engineering support services for telecommunication
• Reviewing communication cables, conduit, and raceways
• Surveying site locations, making draft drawings
• Participating in video retrieval procedures from Genetec
• Inspecting fusion splicing of single mode FOC
New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) -- it rushes millions of people every day.
The largest public transportation system in the US, the government-owned MTA provides about 2.6 billion
passenger trips and sees about 300 million vehicles travel its system annually. The MTA's largest agency, the New York City Transit Authority, operates about 6,300 rail and subway cars that provide service across New
York's five boroughs; it also runs a fleet of some 5,900 buses. Other MTA units offer bus and rail service to Connecticut and Long Island and operate the Triborough system of toll bridges and tunnels.
equipment of projects:
- Public Address / Customer Information System (PA/CIS Project W-32658)
- CCTV Passenger Identification
- Consultant / Communication Engineer at The kohl's Group for New York City Transit
- Global Security Analyst Consultant at AIG / MODIS
- Consultant at Subcontractor at Firetronics Inc
- Subcontractor at High Rise Fire and Security
1 year at this Job
- BSc - Architecture/Architectural History
- Associate's Degree - Mechanical Engineering
- electronics and communication engineer at Syrma technology
at this Job
• Testing and analyzing of optical fiber cables with OTDR.
• Evaluation and inspection of OFC along with demand to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
• Co-ordinate with Quality team to analyze and provide creative solutions to the problems which creates on machine line.
- Electronics & Communication Engineer at Team work cable pvt Ltd
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering - Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Assisted in performing extensive research projects for the management team.
• Lead UC VoIP Phone deployments for the Department of Labor field sites
• Installing Cisco devices (9300 Catalyst Switches. 4431 ISR) WAPs (AIR-CAP2602I), and ATAs
• Provide UC collaboration support with Cisco Unified Communications Manager CUCM and Cisco Unity
• Develop deployment plan for replacing existing Avaya system with Cisco phone system
• Address risks associated with project by communicating plan with stakeholders
• Migrated from legacy PRI architecture to SIP
• Improved SRST functionality for 911 calling number via POTS line
• Migrated from VG224 to VG310's with mixed mode SCCP/SIP
• Informacast configurations for paging and texting for customer campuses
• Lead VoIP Phone training for users on the various functions of their Cisco VoIP phones.
• Conduct site surveys of users to collect and verify information to populate an accurate active directory for Department of Labor.
• Monitor and resolve client issues through tickets, reports, and e-mails.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Inspect equipment and readied order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Unified Communication Engineer at Versa Integrated Solutions
- Customer Support IT Specialist at
- Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician at DEVRY UNIVERSITY
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Network & Communications Management
- - voice
- Visual Communication Engineer at SignGrafx
- Visual Communication Engineer at M Signs Inc
- Sales Manager at I Candy Grafix
- Graphic Designer at Advanced Awning Design
at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Oversees all spectrum management request for Program Management Office Directorate (PMOD) of the U.S. Border Patrol (USBP). Collaborates with radio vendors and the CBP spectrum office to certify (NTIA) new PTP radios (Aviat, Motorola, Nokia) based on each program's needs and requirements.
• Reviews each spectrum request to ensure that they follow National Telecommunication Intelligence Agency (NTIA) policies and procedures.
• Attends weekly portfolio meetings to understand each customer's spectrum needs and requirements.
• Reviews CDRL (Contract Data Requirements List) and Frequency Usage Plans and proposes channel frequency pairs based on the customer's selection of radio and their desired link bandwidth.
• Manages existing spectrum assignments by renewing assignments that are still needed and deleting outdated assignments that are no longer needed.
• Performs LOS analysis using Cambium Link Planner, verifying a clear point to point path, ensuring link availability requirements are met (five nines), while reducing excess path loss.
• Travels occasionally to support programmatic requirements and provide field support for microwave radios.
Oversees all spectrum management request for Program Management Office Directorate (PMOD) of the U.S. Border Patrol (USBP).
Collaborates with radio vendors and the CBP spectrum office to certify (NTIA) new PTP radios (Aviat, Motorola, Nokia) based on each program's needs and requirements.
- MTEQ, Communication Engineer Spectrum SME at MTEQ, Inc.
- SR Radio Frequency (RF) Spectrum Engineer at Leidos
- Spectrum Engineer at Odyssey Systems, RF
- Electrical Engineer II at BAE Systems
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Systems - Information Systems
From: 4/2005 To: Present Location: Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Duties: Works as a Senior Communication Engineer. Responsibilities include Supervising and Leading the Communication Engineering in design and Quality Control, mostly for Saudi Aramco projects specializing in FOC Network that covers OSP; PDS and SCS. Project Involvement:
• Marine Yard Development Program Project Management Service
• Fadhili Government Security Complex
• John Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Design Services
• King Abdul Aziz Center for World Culture As Built
• Al Khafji New City Feeder Water Transmission Pipeline
• Baha & Asir Housing Project Surat Abida
• Baha & Asir Housing Project Al Bashaer
• Secondment to ARKAD Engineering & Const. Company
• Fadhili Bachelor s Camp
• Home Ownership Lots Rabiyah, Dharan
• Al Janadriyah Exhibition Facility
• Replacement of Maintenance Building, Ras Tanura
• KAUST Research Park Support Facilities, Rabigh
• Modification of Nuwaiseeb Port Facilities, Al Khafji & Kuwait
• Civic & Cultural Center in Hai Al-Fahd, Yanbu
• Haradh Satellite Field
• King Abdullah University of Science, Research Park Infrastructure
• Shaybah Industrial Support Facilitites (On & Off Plot)
• Tanajib Accommodation and Maintenance Workshop Building
• Detail Design for CER # 2325 & 2413 RTU & SCADA System
• Model Package & Standard MTO for RTU & OSP Project
• Design Services for Distribution Network - Package 2
• Upgrading Development & Upstream Onshore Facilities @ BRRI Field
• Detailed Engineering of Various Gas Facilities at Different Areas
• Detailed Design for the Fiber Optic Connect. Of HWYH-557 to GOSP-3 SCADA & HRDH 474 to GOSP-2 SCADA Communications
• Comm.Connect. Of Shybah Sabkha 85 (Wells-346,347 & 350), Sabkha 63 (Wells 396 & 399) & Sabkha 75 (Wells 370 & 371)
• Detailed Design for the Fiber Optic Connect. Of HRML 61 & 62 to HRML GOSP-1 SCADA System Communication
• 29 Gas Wells at HWYH, SDGM & UTHMN Areas and One Remote Header & TR/L
• Project Support for Increase DR-1 Product Pipeline Capacity
• King Abdullah Center for Petroleum Study & Research, Site Preparation
• Ethernet Data & Voice Network System of Khuff Gas Facilities (HWYH, HRDH, UTMN, SDGM)
• Upgrade Process Automation System at Juaymah Gas Plant
• Yanbu Crude Offshore Building Upgrade
• Upgrade Security Station #1 at Dhahran Visitor Center
• Proposed Mezzanine Floor, Fleet Maintenance Hangar at KFIA
• Remove Fire Water Manifold, Install Power & Network Supply at Juaymah
• New Admin. Building and Associated Facilities
• Replace Fire and Gas Detection System at Yanbu Refinery
• Khuff Gas Detailed Design of Various Gas Facilities
• Construction of AGOC Office Building
• KAUST Community Arabian and International Schools
• Detail Engineering for Khurais Upstream Facilities
• Manifa Project Access Road, Site Prep. & Temporary Accommodation
• Site Preparation for Khurais Area Development
• Hawiyah Gas Plant DCS Replacement
• Radioactive Material, Long Term Storage Facility
• Nuayyim ASL Crude Increment 100 MBCD & Downstream Facilities
• Upgrade Sewage Treatment Plant Udhailiyah
• KJO Primary Health Care Center & Helipad
• HNRP ACA Facilities & Maintenance Complex AGOC/KJO Project
- Senior Communication Engineer at Saudi Consolidated Engineering Company (Khatib & Alami)
- Communication Engineer/Inspector on Saline Water Conversion Company at Zamel & Turbag Consulting Engineers
- Telecom Consultant at Pasig City
- Technical Consultant at Makati City
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. in Electronics & Communication Engineering - Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Schedule coordinate secure meetings for in the entire Marine Core Enterprise.
• Administrator over all Unified Communication Call Manager servers
• A/V VTC & Polycom Video Conferencing support
• Upgrade/Provision MCCOG VTC Endpoints such as: DX, SX, and C Series.
• Daily use of TMS version 15.xxx for managing, scheduling, upgrades, and monitoring ongoing VTCs
• Daily testing from the Enterprise with remote sites to ensure VTC's are functioning properly.
• Utilize CUCM version 11.xxx daily for registering phones, assigning phones numbers, and creating speed dials per customer request.
• Submit weekly and monthly status reports of all VTC/VoIP activities to Program Manager.
• Create Neighboring zones, assign h.323 aliases, and create search rules via the Video Communication Server (VCS).
• Troubleshoot customers onsite/remote sites VTC endpoint/Phone issues and track via Remedy.
- Voice Data Communication Engineer IV/ VTC Engineer at Agile Defense Inc
- Technical Manager at CSRA
- Deskside Service Technician at EITSD
- VTC Engineer/ Systems Administrator, Leidos/ HQDA, DCS, G2 at Pentagon
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Hardware & Arch
- High School Diploma