11317 W Holly St.
Email: [email protected]
Results-driven Network Communication Technician with progressive career accomplishments within competitive industry. Professionally execute troubleshooting and installation of customer networks, embracing the tools necessary to achieve high “Customer Satisfaction.” Customer-focused, professional and committed to delivering high tech solutions that satisfy unique needs and requirements of customers.
• Excellent Customer Service
•High Work Ethics
•Safety First Attitude EXPERIENCE Out Source Telecom Cable TechnicianNovember 2013- Current
• Pulled, terminated and tested Cat5 and Cat6 voice and data cables in Data Centers, Hospitals, Schools, and industrial buildings.
• Installed ladder racks in IT closets and dressed in cables thru wire managers. Labeled all cables for proper ID.
• Supervised a crew of 3 technicians.
• Terminated and troubleshoot Cat5 and Cat6 jacks.
• Pulled Fiber Optics and Backbone Cables from various floors in high rise buildings
• Expertly installed IP and Analog Security cameras in industrial buildings and banks.
• Pulled and installed fire systems at Banner and Del Webb hospitals
• Read blueprints and installed horn strobes, smoke detectors, strobes
• Pulled coax cable RG-11 and RG-6
• Pulled and terminated voice and data ports and terminating in the IT rooms
• Consistently achieved excellent customer service and positive feedback from customer service repair. Cancer Treatment Centers of America Plant Engineer IIDecember 2012- November 2013
• Set up all event meetings daily with projectors and wireless microphones, screens and conference phones.
• Serviced all incoming patient calls via Skylight System
• Installed new data drops from server room to offices
• Certification on fire system-Performed weekly water flow test on fire system
• Performed basic maintenance duties in Hospital
• Replaced damaged ceiling tiles
• Replaced light bulbs, hung pictures, moved office furniture, painted rooms and other areas.
• Cleaned and mopped server rooms
• Maintenance all exhaust fans and fan coils
• Consistently achieved excellent customer service and positive feedback from customer service repair. Cannon and Wendt Technologies Cable Technician Feb 2011- December 2012
• Expertly Pulled low voltage voice and data cables – CAT5, CAT6 CAT6A in commercial buildings-
• Successfully relocated data drops in commercial buildings
• Installed cable trays and dressed cables inter server rooms.
• Tested all data cables and labeled each drop
• Pulled fiber optic cables from point to point
• Pulled RG6 – RG11 coax cables and terminations from server rooms to offices
• Consistently achieved excellent customer service and positive feedback from customer service repair. Qwest Communications Network Technician Network Technician July 2000 – August 2008
• Installed subscriber network interface demarcation point, phone jacks, coax jacks/cable
• Successfully completed service route for 8-10 service calls daily ensuring customer satisfaction
• Expertly installed digital subscriber line “DSL” by installing modem and setup modem
• Installed, connected and tested customer subscribed network products
• Maintained installation and maintenance of telecommunication products in both residential and small business environment
• Assured 100% quality in testing communication line from central office to customer subscriber network interface
• Pulled buried service wire 2/3/6 cable pair drop from field terminal point to customers business/home
• Installed 66 and 110 patch panels on demark, RJ11, RJ31, RJ45, CAT3 and CAT5 for commercial
• Successfully reported, dispatched and documented technical or trouble reports through TECH-tad a mobile wireless PC based system
• Consistently achieved excellent customer service and positive feedback from customer service repair. Benson Security SystemsAlarm TechnicianJuly 1997 – July 2000 Westec Systems, Protection One, Hawkeye Alarms “Contracted” Alarm TechnicianJune 1994 – July 1997 Continental Security AlarmsAlarm TechnicianFebruary 1988 – May 1994
• Expertly Installed Honeywell, Ademco vista 10/20 series, DSC alarm and fire monitoring products
• Successfully completed hardwire and wireless device installation
• Accurately installed closed circuit camera, motion sensors, sirens, and alarm panels
• Effortlessly programmed panel systems and sending digital signals to monitoring station
• Isolated trouble and repaired or replaced malfunctioning equipment
• Accurately installed phone line to alarm equipment
• Recognized for high Excellent Customer Service ADDITIONAL JOB EXPERI
- Communication Technician at Outsource Telecom
5 years, 2 months at this Job
Hired as a Communication Technician and promoted to CT3, serving on a special team tasked with advanced troubleshooting for intransigent problems. Assist with issue escalation/resolution across all the technical departments in the company. Repair coaxial, Cat 5, and Cat 3 cable using continuity testing. Received training on fiber optic cable splicing and troubleshooting; skilled at running fiber lines.
• Working on a special "SWAT team" for telecommunications, developed a high level of expertise in cutting-edge troubleshooting for repairs of set-top boxes and modems (Internet, POTS, and VOIP).
• Developed solutions for escalated problems requiring extensive rewiring and reconfigurations.
• Conducts research and analysis of situations involving an inordinate number of technicians.
- Communication Technician 3 at COMCAST CORP
- Hull Maintenance Technician / E5 (Petty Officer, 2nd Class) at U.S. NAVY
- Bank Teller / Lead Teller at WELLS FARGO
- Assistant Manager at GAMESTOP
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Information Systems - M.I.S
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S. - Applied Science
• Use immediate independent judgment involving emergency situations to determine priorities and to dispatch emergency units as necessary according to the regulations
• Provide excellent customer service to local citizens through responding to all the request relate to the criminal and civil matter and provide advice upon request
• Manage the warrant process by inputting all the necessary information into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC/IDACS), verifying for the accurate information, and holding accountable for the information entered, updated, and retrieved.
• Place the warrant into the file according to the rules and regulations
• Receive and process 911 emergency calls from the public requesting police, fire, medical or other emergency services
• Assist law enforcement personal by providing information regarding vehicle registration, driving records and warrants, and provides pertinent data
• Operates variety of communication equipment including radio consoles, computer system, telephones, IDACS system, and RMS system.
- Communication Technician at West Lafayette Police Department
- Juvenile Intake Assistant at Tippecanoe County Juvenile Intake Probation Office
- Marketing Manager at Jimmy Johns
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Law and Society - Law and Society
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Install and terminate OSP Fiber Optic and ISP Fiber Optic cabling for federal and state government and non-government facilities ✷ Install and terminate of CAT3 cable, CAT5 cable, CAT6 cable & CAT6A cable for federal and state government and non-government facilities ✷ Install communication equipment to match cabling for each individual project ✷ Responsible for quality control aspects of cabling, including field test to ensure excellent productivity ✷ Provide outstanding customer service through detailed oriented work, including dressing in the cables in an organized and visually aesthetic way ✷ On-sight liaison to the customer to ensure high satisfaction throughout the cabling process of the project
- Communication Technician at ShoreCom
- Communication Technician at DataCom
- Communication Technician/Apprentice Electrician at Hyperion Inc
- Communication Technician at Bazon-Cox & Assoc. Inc
9 years, 6 months at this Job
El Paso, Texas January 2010 - May 2018
• Coordinate manpower, resources and time management with the customer and project manager to ensure the job is completed efficiently on time and on budget
• Manage project crew utilizing constant communication and supervision to ensure safety, productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget and customers expectations
• Perform quality control checks, on the job training and constant supervision to al employees throughout the course of project
• Proficient in trouble shooting techniques and the ability to resolve technical problems
• Responsible for running projects and crews
• Ability to utilize industry specific tools as required by projects
• Able to read, write and understand blueprints and project specifications
• Interact with customers and attend facility/construction meetings
• Coordinate moves and prepare cut sheets for voice and data cross connects
• Installation of cable, dressing of cables in closets and the supervision of termination on patch panels and 1 10 blocks
• Built out of telecommunication closets; grounding of racks, ladder racks and equipment
• Proficient in utilizing Flue DTX-1800 cable analyzer
- Communication Technician at GARCOM
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school - Basic education
• Installation and Trouble Shooting of Digital Video, Comcast digital voice, and High-speed internet
• Installation and Preparation of Home Cable wiring
• Testing Forward and Return Signal of Taps
• Inspected the present ground and in some cases new ones in accordance to the NEC to protect the customers form electrical shock and the workers at the site as well.
• Creating refer to maintenance Service Calls
• Operated and maintained computer systems and support devices
• Analyzed and repaired digital equipment using technical meters
• Provided installation and repaired services to residential and business customers
• Communicated with customers in a clear and straight forward manner
• Assisted the customers in using the various equipment and services, explained the monthly billing cycle and the collection of the payment.
• Worked with other communication groups to provide services
• Operated and maintained installation tools and equipment
• Responded in a timely fashion to customer locations for scheduled installations.
• Inspected installation sites to determine best line placement.
• Exhibited excellent customer responsiveness and received high marks on telephone and computer surveys.
- Communication Technician at Comcast
- Maintenance Specialist at SOS Children's Village
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Information System Management - Cyber Security Technology
- AAS Degree in Information System Management - Computer Information Technology
Plan network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site
• Established voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables
• Verify service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
• Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
• Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
• Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock and placing orders
• Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Communication Technician at Rwl Communications
- Receptionist at Bay Landscape
- Marine Painter at Eastern Shipbuilding Group
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminology
- Communication Technician at FTS USA, LLC
- Agent/Customer Service at New York Life Insurance Company/NYLIFE Securities, LLC.
- Delivery Expert/Customer Service Representative at Dominos Pizza
- Customer Service Associate at Walmart
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - General Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - General Business Administration
- Associate of Arts - Computer Information Systems
Installing and maintaining internet, video, and voice service to comcast standards
- Communication Technician at Comcast Business
12 years at this Job
- Some college
Work outside in all conditions. Install cable line from pole to home. Install new outlets in home. Install internet, phone and television services. Provide excellent customer service.
- Communication Technician at Comcast
- Warehouse Associate II at AmerisourceBergen
- Valet Runner at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.
- Cafe Manager at Books-A-Million, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- HS Diploma