Communication Technician installation & service
- Communication Technician at Comcast
- Laborer at City of Northport
- Molding Operator at Borgers
- Operator at Faurecia
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Some college
• Planned network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
• Drove company vehicle per company policies.
• Established voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cable; Installed telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexers, cable trays, and alarm/fire-suppression systems; Built iron work and ladder racks, established connections, programming features, and integrations; Followed industry standards; Activated remote access tools, and coordinated with contractors.
• Maintained customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answered any questions/concerns the customer may have had.
• Maintained network troubleshooting and repairing outages; tested network back-up procedures while updating documentation.
• Maintained a safe work environment by following codes, guidelines, standards, and legal regulations.
• Enhanced department and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different job assignments; Explored opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Performed duties in all climates indoors and outdoors, sometimes requiring use of ladders up to 80+ pounds. Comcast Communication Technician Level II, Homewood, IL 60430 12/12/2012 - 1/28/2014
• Installed cable, internet, and telephone services to customers.
• Responded to trouble calls and resolved/ repaired issues with current services in a timely manner.
• Worked independently and maintained own inventory.
• Drove company vehicle in a safe and proper manner.
• Used a variety of tools to complete installations and repairs.
• Maintained a positive relationship with all customers while promoting additional services.
• Performed duties in all climates, outdoors and indoors, which frequently required use of ladders up to 80+ pounds Logistics Specialist / Inventory Specialist Governors State University, University Park, IL 60484 10/1/2004 - 12/10/2012
• Loaded and unloaded up to 6 trucks per delivery per shift.
• Verified each delivery against shipping instructions before delivering to customers.
• Responsible for the inventory of the entire University (computers, IPADS, work phones/ walkie talkies, projectors, cameras, video surveillance, etc.)
• Planned, scheduled and coordinated the movement of confidential documents and equipment to support logistic requirements.
• Maintained the University's property management system and documenting all requests for equipment and equipment repairs.
• Performed detailed analysis and appraisal of equipment to identify and document technical data.
• Identified potential risks and problem areas and provided recommended solutions.
• Determined support requirements for equipment, supplies, personnel, safety, and maintenance.
• Screened materials to determine support requirements for said equipment and identified supply sources to meet technical requirements.
• Designed changes and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities.
- Communication Technician at Dish and Comcast
2 years, 5 months at this Job
• Completed Communication Technician Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 technical / practical training
• Completed Business Voice Edge and PRI / Trunk training for Commercial Technicians
• Troubleshoot residential and commercial TV, Internet and Phone equipment / accessories
• Install/Disconnect/Reconnect TV, Internet and Phone services
• Educate clients on products and services available and up-sell on additional products and services to fit clients' needs
- Commercial Field Communication Technician at Comcast
- Licensed Insurance Advisor at RBC Insurance
- Service Agent at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Cable & Wireless Product Specialist at Rogers Plus
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Management Security & Network Assurance (IT Forensics) Concentration
- Associate of Arts - General Arts & Science
- Associate of Science - Wireless & Telecommunications Technology
Hired as a Communication Technician and promoted to CT3, serving on a special team tasked with advanced troubleshooting for intransigent problems. Assist with issue escalation/resolution across all the technical departments in the company. Repair coaxial, Cat 5, and Cat 3 cable using continuity testing. Received training on fiber optic cable splicing and troubleshooting; skilled at running fiber lines.
• Working on a special "SWAT team" for telecommunications, developed a high level of expertise in cutting-edge troubleshooting for repairs of set-top boxes and modems (Internet, POTS, and VOIP).
• Developed solutions for escalated problems requiring extensive rewiring and reconfigurations.
• Conducts research and analysis of situations involving an inordinate number of technicians.
- Communication Technician 3 at COMCAST CORP
- Hull Maintenance Technician / E5 (Petty Officer, 2nd Class) at U.S. NAVY
- Bank Teller / Lead Teller at WELLS FARGO
- Assistant Manager at GAMESTOP
8 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Information Systems - M.I.S
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S. - Applied Science
Statement of present position of employment As an senior IT/communication technician I work on different kind of IT, electrical, communication, electrical, audio, video and other systems and tasks. This encompasses: IT desktop support / IT help desk, Customer support, hardware (complete installation ant troubleshooting, installation and repairing PC hardware and peripherals according to established procedures) and software (all windows OS, Microsoft Office, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Ilustratur, Adobe Premier etc ) LAN and wireless networks - UTP cabling, Video Surveillance systems, Audio Systems and other IT/communication, electrical and office equipment. My job requires me to have in dept knowledge of specifying, programming, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all devices, materials and equipment for all kind of systems that I work with. Company Name and address Tuzla Canton - Government, IT/Communication department, Slatina br.2, 75000 Tuzla, tel. 00387 35 280-711, web site: http://www.tk.kim.ba/, e-mail: [email protected]
- Senior IT/communication technician at Video Surveillance systems
- Lenovo business partner, http at IBM
- DTP graphic studio as a technician at
20 years at this Job
- - Tuzla Qualification Electrician Main
Communication Technician Level 3
• Installation and analysis of telecommunication devices such as Routers, Embedded multi-media terminal adapters, MODEMs, and two-way video streaming devices.
• Utilize 860 diagnostic meter to check particular frequencies that modems and modem based devices to determine if the signal fits the criteria for it to work properly.
• Diagnose connectivity issues to and from the pc to the router and out to the public network using the command prompt and different commands to troubleshoot different connectivity issues when pertaining to the MODEM download/upload speeds.
• Utilize Return Spectrum Analyzer to determine ingress/egress or leakage of signal.
• Resolution of escalated, repeat, and advanced service issues.
- Communication Technician Level 3 at Comcast Cable
- Intern/Network Engineer at Loring Job Corps Center
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Network and Computer Security
- Associate - Network Management/Security
- Electrical Construction - Electrical Construction
1. Repairing, installing, and building communications equipment 2. Troubleshooting RF signals using TRACE, repairing any faulty line or equipment to foster uninterrupted communication. 3. Educating customers on how to use their equipment and to get the best out of their services. 4. Working together with the team in order to achieve an overall success in the daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Communication Technician at Comcast
- Receiving Manager/ Inventory Control Manager at Earth Fare Inc
- Administrative Officer at Johnson Consult － Ibadan
- Owner at New Image Photo － Ibadan
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Education - Educational Administration
- Advanced Diploma - Data Processing
Ø Assisted in developing and implementing several wireless communication installations. Ø Displayed superior communication skills in presenting products to both small and large groups on a daily basis. Ø Troubleshooting and repairing issues with customer equipment and premise wiring.
- Communication Technician at Comcast
- E-4/Corporal at United States Marine Corps
2 years at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
Installing, testing and terminating communication wiring on Robins Air Force Base. Moving and rerunning phone lines, CAT-5 and fiber optic cables. Certified in Leviton category 5 and 6 and fiber optics. Security clearance Secret to enter buildings requiring clearance. Standing, stooping, bending and staying in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time while running wires, testing and fulfiling job work orders. Hanging tray, use of ladders, scissor and boom lift. Maintaing equipment to ensure safety and proper usage, good maintenance of equipment. Checking tires, oil/gas levels, checking for loose parts, equipment.
- Communication Technician at Delta Equipment Enterprises
- Customer Service at AutoZone Auto Parts
- Night Stocker at Kroger Grocery
- Courtesy Clerk at Savemart Grocery
7 years, 8 months at this Job
This was primarily a learning experience, where I gained knowledge of basic communication operations. Such as; switchboards, camera operation, video editing, and networking.
- Communication Technician at Rochester City School District
- I.T. Intern at Rochester City School District
- Nursing Administration (Clerk) at Monroe Community Hospital
1 year at this Job