Working as Communications Director with The Simple Reminders LLC and The McGill Media Inc. www.gomcgill.com
- Communications Director at The Simple Reminders
- Adviser at Pakistan Mission to the United Nations
- Intern/Adviser at IOM Mission
- Coordinator at Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Sociology
- Master of Advanced Studies - Advanced Studies
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Served as firm's first-ever Communications Director responsible for Co-CEO communications and employee engagement.
• Drove content creation for Co-CEO's quarterly employee town halls, HR initiatives, and dozens of corporate announcements.
• Led firm-wide communications audit across 10 departments, 13 offices in 9 counties, which led to firm's first-ever Co-CEO statement on diversity and inclusion and creation of a formal D&I employee group.
- Communications Director at DIMENSIONAL FUND ADVISORS
- Communications Director at AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL
- Strategic Communications Senior Manager at PEPSICO
- Director, Content Development at DEPOSITORY TRUST & CLEARING CORP
5 months at this Job
- Executive MBA - full-time program
- Master's Degree in Strategic Security Studies and Counterterrorism - Strategic Security Studies and Counterterrorism
- B.A. in Government - Government
I created all content published internally and externally at Brightview Medical. This included, but was not limited to, web content, brochures, banners, Press Releases, and newsletters. I also edited and proofread all curated or requested materials, ran all social media profiles, and collaborated with vendors and partners. I worked personally with Brightview Medical’s equity partner, the NFL Alumni Association. I coordinated events, worked on collaborative email campaigns, marketed sponsored events, and traveled to NFLAA chapter events as the Communications Director for Brightview Medical.
- Communications Director at Brightview Medical
- Content Editor and Staff Writer at Her Campus Chapter at FSU
- Editing and Writing Intern at Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- Seasonal Educator at Lululemon Athletica Outlet
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Media Communication Studies - English
• Develops, executes and manages media strategies and plans, both to support the Congressman's overall activities and to address potentially critical news coverage;
• Serves as a Member's spokesperson in a variety of media, responding to daily news media inquiries, promoting stories reflecting the member's public contributions, and cultivating positive, long term relationships with journalists;
• Manages the Social Media Manager's agenda and oversees the completion of daily news clips;
• Closely works with Appropriations Committee and office staff to create talking points, hearing questions and general messaging;
- Communications Director at Congressman Sanford D. Bishop
- Press Secretary, Legislative Aide at Congressman John B. Larson
- Legislative Correspondent, Legislative Aide at
- Legislative Associate at CAPITOL STRATEGIES GROUP, LLC
2 months at this Job
- M.A. - Media and Culture
- B.A. - U.S. History
Drove the communications strategy and execution to elect a newcomer candidate to a highly competitive county position. Developed fundraising action plan and crafted campaign to identify and secure donors; crafted campaign messaging and talking points, developing key platform ideas into actionable advertising for print, broadcast and digital purposes; and developed public policy responses.
● Advised candidate and staff on matters of public policy, the risks associated with taking a position on a particular policy, and how to align the candidate's response with the campaign's strategic direction
● Crafted candidate response to newsworthy events, received endorsements, and constituent concerns with goal of driving constituent awareness and furthering election goals
● Conceived of and executed on the successful digital communications strategy for the campaign's primary election, culminating in a 63.07% to 36.93% victory over the opponent
● Grew campaign funds from $3K in first disclosure to $93K in final disclosure
● Advised candidate on matters of policy including the issue of voter suppression; driving strategy to encourage early voting in the district, which voter analysis shows made the difference in the win
- Communications Director at Campaign to Elect Ben Ku as Gwinnett County Dist
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - BEST BUY EDUCATION at Best Buy Co., Inc
- DIGITAL MEDIA CONSULTANT at Leapforce, a subsidiary of Google Inc
- CLOSING ATTORNEY at Redmond Law Group
11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science - Language for Business and Technology
2017-March 2019 Multi-faceted marketing, content and CRM management role with a healthcare technology start-up. Communications Director Hold variety of critical roles in building websites, developing content for online and social media platforms, managing sales funnel and implementing and managing CRM, and developing and managing email marketing campaigns and lead lists. Also experienced in creating marketing materials and press releases to support product launches, designing trade show booths and signage, producing internal and external communications, and coordinating conferences and trade shows, including handling logistics and providing on-site support. - Content Creation, Editing & Management - * Primary resource for content creation, editing, and management across all channels for the entire organization. * Manage corporate website in WordPress utilizing SEO best practices. Create, review and publish website content including product pages and blog posts, manage Google AdWords accounts, and ensure the resolution of all site issues. * Manage corporate social media presence across all channels, including content creation, posting, and reporting. Develop and maintain compelling, keyword-driven, social media posting schedule to share and support original content as well as draw attention to other thought leaders in the industry. Collaborate with outside contractors to create videos and other marketing messaging tools. * Create, implemented and maintained corporate communication strategies across all channels, driving thought leadership and lead generation efforts through weekly marketing email newsletters and regular product update emails, sponsored article placements, white papers, physician-hosted webinars, social media campaigns, and in-person events. * Guided redesign of website, marketing materials, and trade show booth / collateral to reflect new branding focus on the core product as opposed to the overarching corporate brand. * * * - Internal & External Communications - * Interface extensively with CEO to ensure the timely creation and dissemination of key messages for internal and external communications. Created, implemented and managed proactive sales email marketing campaigns as well as ongoing email nurturing campaigns to continue to build brand awareness and credibility, and to generate new leads from existing contacts. Also responsible for regular product update emails to client base. * Planned and managed all aspects of regional and national conferences and trade shows, including sponsorships and budgeting, working with vendors to coordinate various rentals, negotiating contracts, booking travel, coordinating logistics and shipping, personally attending the event and manning the booth in both on-site support and marketing/sales capacities, overseeing breakdown, and handling post-event attendee follow-up and reporting. * * * - CRM & Sales Funnel Management - * Manage Company-wide CRM Suite, encompassing sales and lead management, customer support, and email marketing. Spearheaded implementation and provide ongoing management and internal support for Zoho One, CRM, Desk, and Campaigns tools. * Create & Manage Email Sales Outreach to drive new business and build brand awareness. Manage all aspects of sales email outreach to a database of more than 11,000 prospects, including creation, editing, platform management, SEO, and list management.
- Communications Director at NOTESWIFT, LLC
- Senior Marketing Director / Marketing Director / Business Development Director at HHS, LLC
- Consultant at SPOKE CREATIVE GROUP, LLC
- Marketing Director / Marketing Coordinator - MSB Media Group at MSB MEDIA GROUP
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism / New Media - Journalism / New Media
I served as Communications Director for the campaign of a U.S. congressional candidate, Brent Beal. I managed all campaign communications and oversaw communications staff and volunteers. I regularly contacted press outlets; booked media interviews; created and implemented a social-media strategy; updated the website; wrote and edited press releases, position papers, and website content; and scheduled appearances in 50 cities across 12 counties.
- Communications Director at Brent Beal for Congress
- Marketing Assistant at Think Brink Communications
- Senior Publicist at Richards Public Relations
10 months at this Job
- BA - English
Assisted the museum in the Communications/Public Relations role during a transition/construction period and search for a permanent Communications Director Communications Assistant Assisted the Communications Director and Development Department in promoting the museum and its programs
- Interim Communications Director at Akron Art Museum
- Development and Marketing Director at Club Corporation of America
- Marketing and Group Sales Director, Cleveland Cavaliers at Cavs/Coliseum Management Company
- Special Events/Public Relations Coordinator at May Department Stores
3 years at this Job
- BA - Business Communications/Journalism
As Communications Director, responsible for press, marketing, and social media strategies for The Drawing
• Established and produced a collaborative comics and illustrators fair in collaboration with Desert Island book store, March 2018. More than 700 visitors experienced the weekend festivities. Oversaw a team of 10 people to prepare for and carry out the event.
• Initiated The Drawing Center's application to Race Forward's Lab for Racial Equity in the Arts and leading this year-long initiative with our staff.
• My key responsibilities as Communication Director include:
• Press: Maintain key relationships with press in print, radio, and digital arenas.
• Marketing: Oversee Facebook ad campaigns, Google ad grant, and website. Develop mobile strategies.
• Social Media: Launched The Drawing Center's Instagram account, which recently reached 153,000 followers. The Drawing Center's social media, @drawingcenter: Instagram | Facebook (64,000) | Twitter (39,000).
- Communications Director at The Drawing Center
- Senior Publicity Manager at Whitney Museum of American Art
- Senior Publicity Manager, BAM Rose Cinemas at Brooklyn Academy
- Co-Director at Thüringische Sommerakademie
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Arts & Culture Strategy
- - Vordiplom Media Art
- - German language and art history
- B.A. - History
• Highest honor awarded to former Jaycee Members
• Communications Director 1997-Present,
• State President-2006
• Created email communication system.
• Regular updates of 500+ member roster, State Newsletter Editor
• Coordinate Quarterly Meetings
• Member of the Oregon Jaycee Foundation
- Communications Director at Junior Chamber International
- Owner/Operator at The Light Guy
- Individual Development VP at Top 10 Membership VP's in America
- New Sales Manager at Telecheck
28 years, 6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma