+ 15 Years of Full-Time Experience in the Nebraska Athletic Communications Office + Associate Communications Director/Strategic Research + Associate Communications Director + Assistant Communications Director + Graduate Intern
- Associate Communications Director/Strategic Research at UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS
15 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Journalism Degree - Advertising With Minors in English & Communication Studies
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA RELATIONS:
• Serve as spokesperson for elected officials, business leaders, political campaigns and non-profits
• Schedule and facilitate editorial board meetings that generate positive commentary/editorials
• Advise corporate and political clients on effective communications strategies and crisis management
• Draft and submit Op-Eds and Letters to the Editor for publication
• Subcontractor for public affairs agencies to lead and manage communications and media outreach
• Develop and execute strategies targeting Spanish language and LGBT communities GOVERNMENT RELATIONS:
• Schedule and facilitate policy and communications briefings with local, state and federal elected officials
• Invite and coordinate participation of elected officials and their staff at media and community events
• Develop and execute outreach strategies that engage targeted audiences, community leaders & media
• Lead strategic planning, briefings and crisis management meetings COMMUNITY OUTREACH:
• Spokesperson in Spanish language and LGBT media outlets
• Develop multilingual marketing collateral targeting Latino and LGBT residents and leaders
• Identify and secure community leaders to participate at public evens and media interviews
• Draft talking points and messaging that resonates with respective communities
• Organize press conferences, town-hall meetings & briefings addressing community priorities and issues POLITICAL AND LEGISLATIVE CAMPAIGNS:
• Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans to convey campaign message broadly
• Spokesperson for political candidates, ballot initiatives and legislative campaigns
• Lead the logistics planning for press conferences, political rallies, debates and community forums
• Write and disseminate press releases & statements announcing campaign progress and endorsements
• Senior advisor to candidates/campaign strategists on communications and media relations
• Spearhead multi-ethnic media plan aimed at diverse voters that garner support & secure votes WORK HISTORY: GOVERNMENT: CA Health and Human Services Agency, Communications and External Affairs Director CA Department of Business Oversight, Special Advisor to Commissioner Office of California Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante, Press Secretary Office of California Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard, Communications Director Office of Los Angeles Mayor-Elect Antonio Villaraigosa, Senior Advisor Office of Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan, Press Aide Metro Los Angeles, Community Relations Director Covered California, Spanish Language spokesperson POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS AND ORGANIZATIONS: Hillary Clinton for President 2008, California Communications Director Obama for America Presidential Campaign 2008, Florida Rapid Response Director Clinton/Gore 1996 Re-Election Presidential Campaign, Press Deputy Kerry/Edwards Presidential Campaign, National Deputy Media Relations Director Gore/Lieberman 2000 Presidential Campaign, New Mexico Communications Director Antonio Villaraigosa for Los Angeles Mayor, Senior Advisor California Democratic Party, Communications and Media Relations Contractor Loretta Sanchez for U.S. Senate Democratic National Committee, Communications and Media Relations Consultant 2000 Democratic National Convention, Press Secretary NON-PROFITS: The Human Rights Campaign, Communications and Marketing Director The Welfare to Work Partnership, Deputy Communications Director Compassionate Choices, Latino Outreach Director CORPORATE/PUBLIC AFFAIRS AGENCIES: US Chamber of Commerce, Latino Outreach and Communications contractor Dewey Square Group, Communications Sub-Contractor D’Squared, Communications Sub-Contractor
- Communications Director at Self Employed
at this Job
- Bachelor's - History
Lisa Djahed is a communications and strategy professional with over 25 years experience helping local companies and national non-profits increase their exposure, broaden their audience, and think strategically about message development and delivery. Communications Director Coldwell Banker Paradise Vero Beach, Florida Jan 2015- Present In charge of all internal and external communications for the BEST real estate company on the Space and Treasure Coast, Coldwell Banker Paradise. Accomplishments include examining all marketing and communications programs through a strategic lens, reducing budget while increasing digital footprint, reimagining of marketing program to embrace digital strategies, overhaul of internal communications to finesse intranet and project management.
- Communications Director at Coldwell Banker Paradise
- Marketing Coordinator at Elliott Museum
- Marketing Director at United Way of Indian River County
- Associate Publisher at The Feminist Press at the City University of New York
4 years at this Job
- Masters Certificate
- Bachelors - English
Senator Anthony Cannella (SD-12) Communications Director, Capitol Office, Sacramento, California * Managed the entire communications and outreach programs for the Senator's legislative and issue agenda Congressman Steve Knight (CA-25) Chief of Staff, House Office Building, Washington, DC * Managed a paid staff of 14 in four offices in Washington DC and California, including hiring, training, policies/procedures, scheduling, and events to develop and execute the member's goals * Created and administered an annual office budget in excess of $1.3 million that focused on member priorities, offices, staff salaries, a robust outreach/mail program, vendors, supplies and equipment * In concert with staff and stakeholders, produced a legislative agenda that stresses the needs of the District and reflected the member's philosophy on federal and local issues * Formulated an effective communications plan that incorporated advertising, mass and targeted mail, social media that cultivated relationships with local, state, national and specialty media outlets and constituents. Senator Steve Knight (SD-21) Chief of Staff, Capitol Office, Sacramento, California * Managed a paid staff of 14 in four offices, including hiring, training, policies and procedures, and implementing member's legislative and district goals. Assemblyman Steve Knight (AD-36) Chief of Staff, Capitol Office, Sacramento, California * Managed a paid staff of nine, budget, legislative agenda, district issues and three offices. California Senate Republican Caucus Deputy Communications Director/Acting Director, Office of Communications, Sacramento, California * Provided strategic assistance and products to Senate offices, including outreach to radio, television, print and social media. Senator Wm. J. "PETE" Knight (SD-17) Communications Director, Capitol Office, Sacramento, California * Managed the entire communications and outreach programs for the Senator's legislative and issue agenda. California State Assemblywoman Barbara Alby (AD-5) Communications/Field Representative, District Office, Sacramento, California * Managed the entire communications and outreach programs for the member's legislative and issue agenda. David Orosco (916) 708-4721
- Communications Director at California State Senate
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Business Administration, Marketing and Management
- A.A. - References and Salary History
I started out as the receptionist and because of my organizational skills and my knowledge of the office I was asked to move into the Administrative Assistant position. When the Communications Director position opened up I was asked to fill it. I enjoy using my artistic abilities to create PowerPoint slide shows for our announcement TV’s. I have also created videos of special events. I recently started working with Adobe and Photoshop to create our newsletter. I have examples if needed.
- Communications Director at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
- Dental Lab Technician at Aloha Dental Studio
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Basic college
My duties include but are not limited to: weekly meetings with the executive pastor for staff evaluation/support objectives as well as lead weekly staff meetings and coordinate the events each week. As the communications director my role is to effectively communicate the mission of the church as well as important information/announcements to all staff members as well as church members.
- Communications Director at The Mill Church
- Customer Service Representative at Greenville Health System
- Front Office Specialist at Reedy Family Medicine
- Front Office Specialist at Marcela Young, MD
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Serve as communications director for successful campaign for state representative in Massachusetts; achieved upset victory against undefeated, 30-year incumbent office holder in the September primary (candidate prevailed in November's general election and is now the currently serving state representative)
• Develop campaign strategy and messaging; advise candidate on same
• Draft campaign press releases to local media and communications to voters, vendors and donors
• Organize campaign events, fundraisers and sign-holdings
• Conduct research for candidate's policy platform and legal issues relevant to election law and fundraising
• Perform opposition research regarding opponent for use in campaign advertising
• Canvass local neighborhoods to obtain candidate nomination signatures and engage potential voters
• Coordinate with local campaign vendors regarding voter databases, campaign advertising, venues, etc.
• Film and edit video campaign advertisements
- Communications Director at State Representative Campaign
- Attorney at Marron Lawyers, A.P.C
- Attorney at Carlin Law Group, A.P.C
- Attorney at Rockwood & Noziska LLP
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Provides public relations, marketing, strategic communications, and social media consulting to small businesses, political campaigns, and nonprofit organizations. Clients and Key Achievements include:
Noble Strategic Partners
• Managed digital marketing strategy, messaging, and social media management for a client of Noble Strategic Partners, Sendero Health, building public support to continue funding the nonprofit health insurance company through 2019.
• Identified Sendero members for public testimony at a Central Health public hearing and for video footage to be used in commercials for Sendero, successfully building brand identity as a community-supported health care plan. Texas Railroad Commissioner Ryan Sitton
• Developed a comprehensive public relations, digital communications and campaign marketing strategy to ensure high name ID among likely voters before entering the 2019 campaign season.
• Increased engagement rate across social media platforms from less than 1% to average 10% while adding hundreds of new followers through a systematic posting schedule of engaging content. Bethany Global University
• Developed and executed brand identity strategy for the Christian university as it underwent a name change, netting media hits in major national religious news outlets.
• Provided crisis communications strategy that maintained a positive, trustworthy image when two students disappeared from the university campus and remained unreachable for more than 48 hours. Mike McNamara for Travis County Judge
• Developed a strategic messaging campaign leveraging the affordability issues in Austin as well as a recent report on County government incompetence, positioning the candidate as a change agent.
• Authored a ghost-written op-ed on behalf of the candidate for the Austin American-Statesman that resulted in ongoing media coverage as well as an uptick in donations and volunteers for the campaign.
• Competencies: digital marketing, social media management, branding, video editing, graphic design
- Communications Director at MALLETTE COMMUNICATIONS
- Communications Director at TEEN MANIA MINISTRIES
- Grassroots and Communications Manager at AMERICANS FOR PROSPERITY FOUNDATION
- City of Tyler Reporter at TYLER MORNING TELEGRAPH
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
The Marketing and Communications Director is a key member of the VOA’s Development team, which oversees brand, strategic marketing and communications strategies, fund raising efforts, special event planning, and volunteer engagement efforts. The Marketing and Public Relations Director will take a lead role in leading the organization's marketing, communications, public relations and advocacy efforts in alignment with VOA’s mission, priorities and strategic plan in order to generate awareness in and support of VOA. Produces communications for the organization and individual departments to maintain a positive image; ensure a consistent brand identity and message. Within VOA, the position has primary working relationships with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Executive Officer, the senior management team, Division/Department Directors and the Development Team. Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media, donors, and other agencies as assigned.
- Marketing and Communications Director at Volunteers of America, Utah
- Communications Director at St. James Parish
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Served as Acting Communications Director (Sept. 2018 – Jan. 2019), running Senate office communications during one of the most-competitive and most-watched Senate races of 2018.
• Served as an on-the-record spokesperson, while coordinating communications covering nine media markets, including television, radio, digital, and print publications.
• Responsibilities: main contact for tracking media inquiries and drafting strategic responses; planning, drafting, editing, and sending press releases; preparing briefing documents and working directly with the Senator to prepare him for media appearances; drafting and editing opinion pieces and speeches; planning, drafting, and editing e-newsletters; editing and coordinating social media; and planning and staffing in-state press events.
• Served as the supervisor for multiple communications team members, split between two offices.
• Instituted a number of process improvement practices for tracking media requests and for monitoring project progress to ensure timely completion for short and long term projects.
- Acting Communications Director at U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly
- Press Secretary & Legislative Assistant at U.S. Congressman Scott Peters
- Deputy Canvass Director at Scott Peters for Congress
- Assistant Varsity Sailing Coach at Georgetown University
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. Foreign Service - Culture & Politics