Communications officer-Able to answer, and prioritize admin & 911 calls simultaneously. Determine the appropriate field response and dispatch accordingly. Ability to multitask, operate a computer efficiently, provide exceptional customer service, ability to use different computer programs, and to operate radios professionally and courteously. Security of sensitive and confidential information.
- Communications Officer at NRV 911 Regional Authority, Christiansburg
- Communications Officer at Montgomery Co. Sheriff's Office
- Shawsville - Cook, Waitress at Hale's Restaurant
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Entry Level Dispatcher
- Associate's Degree - General Education
As a Communications Officer, my duties are to dispatch Police and Security officers for multiple hospital locations at once and provide customer service to patients, visitors, and Caregivers. This requires the ability to multitask, prioritze, and have extreme organizational skills. I take pride in the team that I am on and excel in the area of leadership, mentoring, and coaching others. I am able to not only dispatch for my respective zone, but to have an overall understanding of all happenings throughout the Communications Center. The calls the center receives range from door access requests to emergency situations within the hospitals. I have the ability to process all types of calls while remaining calm and following our policies and procedures accurately. In addition to processing calls for service, I monitor the multiple alarm systems and CCTV cameras throughout the hospitals.
- Communications Officer at Cleveland Clinic Police Department
- Lane Assistant, Dean McGee Eye Institute at
- Assistant Manager at
- Dispatcher at Calcasieu Parish
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
Operates emergency E-911 telecommunications equipment, receives requests for emergency
services, and properly records and transfers the request to the appropriate department or dispatch
• Operates radio equipment to dispatch law enforcement, fire, or other personnel and equipment to handle emergencies and other services in the field.
• Maintains contact with and coordinates the movement of field emergency response units, maintaining the status of each.
• Maintains regular contact with police officers in the field to verify their location and ensure that adequate backup is available to respond to emergency calls.
• Transfers medical calls to ambulance service and verifies if medical emergencies are of a life-threatening nature.
• Monitors weather computer system and coordinates the receipt and dissemination of all-weather statements.
• Operates Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminals verifying warrants, running criminal histories, and tags.
• Operates GCIC/NCIC terminals to provide information requested and required by units in the field.
• Works with the general public in dealing with emergency and non-emergency situations, providing necessary information or redirecting calls.
• Operates communications support equipment as required.
• Georgia Post Certified Communications Officer
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER at MACON-BIBB E911
- REHABILITATION AIDE at PHYSIO AT THE HAMMONDS CENTRE
- Escort and introduce clients at SPORTS CLIPS
- CASHIER at KROGER
1 year at this Job
- Still attending - Pre-Law
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Police Communications Officer, Dispatcher four large multi campus University in Fredericksburg Virginia. Manage 911 and EMS calls as well as officer Patrol calls. Control and observe CCTV cameras, manage incident reports hand create ID cards. Certified and proficient in VCIN and NCIC. CPR and AED certified. First aid certified. Attended Criminal Justice Academy of Virginia and J Sargeant Reynolds Academy Virginia.
- Communications Officer/Dispatcher at Germanna Community College
- Security Officer at La Cantera Hill Country Resort
- Campus Security Officer at Germanna Community College Department of Police and Security
- Certified Branding Surveyor at Coast 2 Coast Surveys
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Education
I entered training for Communications Officer with the Wise County Sheriff's Office after relocating from Oklahoma. The position is not a good match for my skillset and experience. I am looking to go back to a Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Transportation position.
- Communications Officer at Wise County Sheriff Office
- Ingredient Buyer at Mountain Country Foods
- Facility Coordinator at Integrated Fluid Systems L.L.C
- Supply Chain Service Planner at United States Gypsum Co
2 months at this Job
- diploma - general studies
An adaptable and creative communication professional, who is able to work independently and as a team member. Highly organized, with ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking. Experienced with working with diverse client populations, and able to address the needs of different stakeholders in terms of conflict analysis, research analysis, and translation abilities.
Communications Officer - GoalChase, LLC (Educational Division), Vienna, VA
Nov. 2014 - Present
• Develop media strategies to report to clients; comply with customer and marketing support efforts.
• Evaluate, organize and contribute to media channels; provide translation and consultation services.
• Write news briefs, press packages, and offer editing services; analyze existing potential activities in media.
• Identify and interpret popular trends in social media; advise international students on local curriculums.
• Produce blogs and articles as per communication plan; publish feature stories for newspapers.
- Communications Officer at GoalChase, LLC
- Intern at International Center for Religion and Diplomacy
- Academic Advisor at Embassy of the State of Qatar
- Communications Officer, Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission at Medical Department
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Conflict Analysis and Resolution - Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Bachelor of Arts in Developmental Psychology - Developmental Psychology
receive incoming emergency and non-emergency calls dispatch calls for law enforcement, fire, Emergency Services personnel and other officials maintain accurate and complete dispatch records, monitor radio communications and provide directions to officials, as needed
- Telecommunications Officer at Communications Officer
- Assistant Manager at Checkers and Rally's Restaurants
- Shift Manager at McDonald's
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Criminal Investigation
- Degree Program - Business AdminIstration
- Degree Program - General Business
As a Police Communications Officer, I am responsible for issuing burn permits to landowners, dispatching reported wildfires to the proper personnel and documenting all events on various logs and reports (via CAD). In addition to dispatching, I am responsible for internal training development of dispatchers. I educate and develop them with the skills necessary to succeed. Promote prescribed burning and enhance wildlife areas. Promote installation of permanent firebreaks to impede the spread of wildfires and provide better access to suppression efforts. Utilize the CAD System (computer-aided design) Utilize a State Console radio. Compile and email Daily Reports, Fire Reports and Fire Danger Forms. Compile Weather Reports for Fort Rucker.
- Police Communications Officer I at Alabama Forestry Commission
- Radio Operator at Dept. of Corrections
- Manager at Funntasia Putt-Putt Golf
13 years, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Biblical and Basic Studies
As a dispatcher I am expected to gather essential information from callers and dispatch officers to the scene, while keeping their safety as my number one priority. Being a dispatcher also requires me to operate a radio console, operate a multi-line telephone as well as 911, and a computer console with various programs for vital information. In 2017 I was promoted to Communications Training Officer which involves the previously stated duties on top of being responsible for teaching all duties to a trainee. I have also been trained to fill in as a Secretary to the Police Chief and Staff/Records Clerk as needed, which was established in 2017.
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER at ST. ANN POLICE DEPARTMENT
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at
- CLERK at QUIK TRIP
5 years at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Support over 40,000 members and beneficiaries of SBCERA's $10 billion pension fund by developing effective communications programs to increase knowledge of retirement
options and benefits.
• Lead projects end-to-end and influence successful updates of retirement plan documents and publications.
• Strategically and accurately respond to media inquiries about SBCERA's investment portfolio from trade press and international outlets such as the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times.
• Drive digital and print content by writing, recording and distributing retirement information to employers and members, including a quarterly newsletter, YouTube videos, email blasts, brochures, a Summary Plan Description and additional publications.
• Develop and update Communications Plan, Style Guide, and Crisis Communications Plan.
• Plan and facilitate retirement and financial education webinars for SBCERA members.
• Oversee C-suite communications by ghostwriting speeches and articles for Board Trustees, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer.
- Communications Officer at SBCERA
- Marketing and Public Relations Manager at Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services
- Program Manager at Housing Opportunities Collaborative
- Project Coordinator at NeighborWorks Orange County
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science