Clearwater Communications is a full-service association management and communications firm located in Bismarck, ND. As communications specialist, my responsibilities include:
• Assistant Executive Director of the Technology Council of North Dakota (TechND)
• Lobbyist for the Economic Development Association of North Dakota
• Lobbyist for the Travel Alliance Partnership
- Communications Specialist at Clearwater Communications
- Marketing Coordinator at North Dakota Safety Council
- Assistant to the House Majority Leader at 65th ND Legislative Assembly
5 months at this Job
- - Communication
I currently work at Pickens County Sheriff’s Office as a communications specialist. I answer emergent phone calls and dispatch the deputies and ambulances to the correct location.
- Communications Specialist at Pickens County Sheriff's Office
- Car Wash Attendant at 3 Minute Car Wash
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
- High school or equivalent
As Communications Specialist I work closely with my team to execute and impliment a number of projects, policies, and support to our franchisees. I oversaw our annual brand convention with over 300 attendees, assisted in writing and editing our quarterly magazine, regularly communicated with franchisees across the world, and assisted in various marketing efforts.
- Communications Specialist at United Franchise Group / Signarama
- Executive Assistant at United Franchise Group / Signarama
- Recruiting Coordinator at Bankrate, Inc
- Executive Assistant at Bankrate, Inc
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication
As a temporary communications specialist, I have managed the provider newsletters for the 11 different states where WellCare has business.
- Communications Specialist at Wellcare Health Plans - Tampa
- Assistant Event Coordinator at Noteworthy Events
- Assistant Account Executive at AKHIA Public Relations
- Public Relations Coordinator at Breckenridge Village
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
• Plan and execute territory-wide training events in 9 divisions made up of 15 states
• Manage all territorial communications for the Pathway of Hope program including press releases, digital copy, internal announcements, websites, blog, newsletters, social media and crisis communication
• Territorial media liaison for the program
• Manage internal department presence on Sharepoint, Yammer and Teams on Office 365
• Develop all marketing collateral
• Assist in budget planning and monitoring
• Produce and edit webinar videos for distribution
• Assist in training event and webinar facilitation
• Assist Salvation Army units within the territory with community relations and event execution
• Maintain departmental items on territorial database
• Create and maintain territorial calendar including training events, webinars and conferences
• Manage department email account, assigning emails to be responded to and filing
• Prepare invoices and grant funding payouts for signature and payment
• Prepare reports as needed
- COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST at THE SALVATION ARMY SOUTHERN TERRITORY
- SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST at MINORITY AIDS SUPPORT SERVICES, INC
- DEPARTMENT SECRETARY at STATE FARM INSURANCE
- COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER at GEMSTONE MANAGEMENT
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.A. - PUBLIC RELATIONS
Communications Specialist Northfield Mount Hermon School Mount Hermon, MA 2018 Assisted Director of Communications and staff with various projects/assignments including: o Prepared and sent email communications from school to students/parents/alumni o Coordinated copyediting, branding, images and hyperlink information with school messaging o Reviewed, updated and confirmed enrollment documents for school offices (Dean of Students/Academic Dean, Health Services and International Office) on school web portal o Developed an annual calendar of standard messages (content & info) o Created operating procedures/instructions for various programs/job duties
- Communications Specialist at Northfield Mount Hermon School
- Bookkeeper at St. Patrick's Church
- Marketing Coordinator Naval Academy Club at Membership
- Bookkeeper/Executive Assistant at JT&A, Inc
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - International Business/ Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Recreation Administration
Serve as a communications specialist in the NYRA Press Office, which is responsible for fulfilling the organization's public relations responsibilities at Belmont Park, Saratoga Race Course and Aqueduct Racetrack.
● Part of a team that drafts all press releases, including advances and recaps for stakes races (which entails races with purses of at least $100,000) and also crafts articles relating to all corporate news, such as the potential arena development on Belmont Park's property, facility improvements and new wagering initiatives, among others.
● Complementing daily racing coverage, I also write extensively for NYRA's internal communications network and craft formal responses for NYRAs president and CEO for programs on Belmont Stakes, Whitney Stakes and Travers Stakes Day while also working with the organization's top executives to ensure consistent messaging.
● Assist with media outreach and the credentialing of local, national and international media. This includes an average of more than 500 credentials annually for the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival and more than 200 credentials on Travers Day at Saratoga.
● Chief copy editor, as well as the designer, of the featured story in NYRA's daily racing program. I also serve as the copy chief for special publications for the Belmont Stakes, Wood Memorial, Whitney Stakes and Travers Stakes.
- Communications Specialist at NEW YORK RACING ASSOCIATION
- Senior Assistant Director of Athletic Communications at HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY
- Assistant Director of Media Relations at JACKSONVILLE UNIVERSITY
- Freelance Writer at ASSOCIATED PRESS
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Education - Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies
- master's degree - history
- Bachelor of Arts - Print Journalism and Political Science
Communications Specialist, 2016-Present | Project Coordinator, 2014-2016 Current Role: Communications Specialist (remote position) ❖ PROJECT MANAGEMENT Partnered with a respected brand strategy and marketing company to redesign Lurie Children's Center for Childhood Resilience (CCR) website utilizing a new CMS platform, enhancing user experience. Led large scale resource allocation in Virgin Islands post Hurricane Irma & Maria at the request of Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the Illinois Childhood Trauma Coalition (ICTC). Currently leading ICTC website redesign and migration of partner website. ❖ MARKETING Responsible for creating all conventional and digital marketing content for the Lurie CCR brand and ICTC; including but not limited to: website and social media content, newsletters, print collateral, and PowerPoint presentations. ❖ MESSAGING Collaborate with Leadership, Foundation/Development, Public Affairs, and Marketing to create engaging and accessible content for proposals, stewardship reports, project summaries, and media releases to further the mission of Lurie Children's and CCR. ❖ EVENT MANAGEMENT Plan and manage all aspects of special events, conferences, quarterly meetings, ceremonies, and large trainings for Lurie CCR and the ICTC. ❖ COMMUNICATIONS Point-of-contact for all incoming requests for trainings and partnerships within Lurie CCR and the ICTC. Liaison for all media requests and engagements. ❖ OUTREACH Network with partners, funders, stakeholders, and potential collaborators both internally and externally. Former Role: Project Coordinator ❖ OPERATIONS Managed all financial responsibilities for the Center, including but not limited to; overall Lurie CCR budget, payroll, contract and subcontract negotiations, vendor payments and invoicing, local and federal grant budget proposals and reporting. Managed daily administrative operations for the Center and served as the main point of contact for fellows and trainees. ❖ NEW BUSINESS Created and negotiated all proposals and contracts for Lurie CCR. Liaised with outside agencies/organizations interested in collaborating with CCR in order to build new partnerships and research opportunities. ❖ EVALUATION Developed training evaluations and compiled data, disseminating findings among collaborators, stakeholders, funders, and community partners. ❖ ONBOARDING Developed, managed, and oversaw all aspects of orientation for newly hired faculty, consultants, and trainees within Lurie CCR.
- Communications Specialist at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Program Manager at Northwestern University - Oncofertility Consortium
- General Manager at Borders Books, Music & Cafe
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.A - Gender Studies
- B.A - History
• 2014 - 2018 Multi-billion-dollar national health insurance corporation. Communications Specialist (Various departments including Corporate Communications) Crafted and delivered content for brochures, field alerts, fliers, presentations, letters, email blasts, and more. Managed numerous marketing communications projects concurrently from development to fulfillment. Effectively collaborated with high-level executives, legal and compliance experts, and designers.
• Consistently met organizational objectives and timelines.
- Communications Specialist at BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF MICHIGAN
- Executive Director of Marketing / Development Officer at BOTSFORD COMMONS SENIOR COMMUNITY
- Director of Marketing & Communications at CRITTENTON HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
4 years at this Job
- Master of Arts in Advertising & Public Relations - Advertising & Public Relations
- Master of Arts - Literature
Built, installed, supported, and upgraded Microsoft Windows based gaming cash out systems for over 500
customer locations state wide. Maintained, supported, and backed up systems remotely when necessary.
Surveyed new customer locations and assisted our install team in the implementation of all network cabling and equipment. Tested and repaired CAT5 network cables if needed. Continually monitored communications between the customer location and our back-end servers to assure fault free operation. Remotely supported our
equipment in our Northern Nevada and Montana locations. Visited customer locations periodically to run
diagnostic and maintenance routines. Ordered inventory when necessary. Submitted the appropriate reports and documents to the proper departments when requested. Created and maintained up-to-date system
documentation and departmental forms appropriate to our work flow. Trained new and existing employees in up- to-date company technologies as well as basic and sometimes advanced computer fundamentals if needed.
• Served as Communications Specialist Supervisor for the first 3 years of the department's creation, hiring and leading the initial team to implement our new technology.
• Added our customer systems to the Corporate Domain when required, managed firewall and security settings of all systems, and worked with our IT System Administrator and Engineering Department in testing new prototype equipment.
• Assisted management on special projects and research, and submitted the appropriate reports and recommendations.
• Served as Company Shift Supervisor for 3 years, responsible for the smooth flow of all route operations,
- Communications Specialist at CENTURY GAMING TECHNOLOGIES
16 years at this Job
- None - Cyber Security Solutions