Starting as a Communications Officer led me to becoming a Communications Training Officer (CTO) working my way to Supervisor. Responsible for the general supervision and control of E911 personnel while assisting the Director in daily functions to ensure administrative and operational functions of the overall mission are met; Leadership and support of communications staff; Acts on the Directors behalf in their absence; Maintain and monitor training records and certifications while identifying training needs; Develop, maintain, and implement policies and procedures; CALEA Accreditation Manager; Manage FOIA requests; Assist with budget; Text to 911 and RAVE/Smart911; Community outreach; 911 call-taking and dispatching for fire, EMS, one sheriff's office, and two police departments; Research and review of complaints; Execute assignments as specified by the Director; Scheduling and timesheets; Quality assurance; Assist with staff meetings and center planning; Enter and maintain NCIC/VCIN records; VCIN TAC; Active shooter planning and protocols with law enforcement; Testing and interviewing new candidates, Balanced multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Communications Supervisor at Orange County Emergency Communications
- Emergency Communications Officer at Greene County Sheriff's Office
- Senior Communications Officer at Orange County Sheriff's Office
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Management and Leadership
- Cosmetologist and Instructor License - Cosmetology
Supervises daily activities and operations of assigned shift of the Emergency Communications Center: conducts roll call; runs/reviews daily reports; monitors calls for compliance with policies and procedures; coordinates and evaluates timely receipt, dispatch, and completion of emergency aid requests; processes citizen complaints or issues commendations (Star Card); coaches/counsels staff; assists employees when officers are in a pursuit; notifies Field Supervisors as necessary; adheres to rules and regulations governing FCC; and ensures security guidelines are met pertaining to GCIC/NCIC. Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff: develops and oversees employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and control; establishes workloads and prioritizes work assignments; compiles and reviews time sheets; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or recommends discipline as appropriate; assists with or completes employee performance appraisals; directs work; and trains staff in operations, policies, and procedures. Completes Daily Observation Reports on newly hired employees to track progress; prepares daily activity reports; completes quarterly reports for appraisals, bias based profile reports, monthly stats for Manager's Report, and daily case numbers; and retrieves information for Police and Sheriff/Marshal's Departments for CALEA. Prepares schedules: utilizes CAD System for notifications; completes notification check-off lists; makes calls to on-call personnel; sends notifications to community and employees through CodeRed Alert system; and makes recommendations for schedule adjustments during staff shortages. Coordinates and oversees on-line training of employees. Assists staff with emergency/non-emergency and high priority calls as needed: investigates citizens' complaints and makes recommendations for resolution; dispatches Field Units and Field Supervisors to various locations; executes Field Units' requests such as wrecker service, call backs, taxi service etc.; and provides requested information referencing Georgia Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center. Ensures that security requirements of state and federal regulations are met in accessing/releasing criminal and drivers' histories. Maintains a current, comprehensive knowledge and awareness of applicable laws, regulations, principles and practices relating to provision of 911 communications services; reads professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; maintains required certifications; and attends meetings, workshops, hearings, and training sessions as required.
- Communications Supervisor at Fulton County Emergency Communications
- Lead Dispatcher at Clayton State University
- Customer Service Representative at PDS Heart
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Health Science
As a Communications Supervisor, responsible for all communication duties as well as developing department personnel schedule, ordering office supplies, handling conflicts and concerns among department staff, developing office policies, assisting Facilities Manager and Security Supervisor in developing and tracking monthly alarm/procedure logs. Requires the skills to multi-task, patience, ability to solve problems and answer questions, handle pressure and complicated situations, customer service and being well organized.
- Communications Supervisor at St. Joseph's Hospital
- Communications Operator at St. Joseph's Hospital
- Office Assistant at Reed P Haag, M.D.
- Dietary Aide at St. Joseph's Hospital
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Business Management
- AAS - Business Administration
• Receive incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and create details for dispatch for Police, Fire, and EMS
• Manage 12-15 communications officers to ensure policy and procedures are being followed
• Manage attendance and staffing levels
• Resolve equipment or technology issues pertaining to the CAD, Phone, MDC's, and Radio
• Conduct quality and assurance reviews
• Mentor and coach communications officers
• Assist the public and field units to the best of my ability while maintaining good customer service to promote a positive image for the communications center
- Communications Supervisor at Hamilton County Communications Center
- at WellPoint
- Credit Manager, Senior Loan Officer at Wells Fargo
- Assistant Police Chief at Village of Gratis Police Department
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Emergency and Disaster Management - Emergency and Disaster Management
- College Prep
Served as a Supervisor for White House Television in a nominative/selectively manned Agency; provides and coordinates broadcast communications support for the President and Vice President. Installed, troubleshoot, operated, and maintained audiovisual systems to include video recording, sound amplification, transmission, and recording during worldwide missions; performs quality control of all master audio and video recording for the National Archives; supervise 40 team members. Assists in managing sections broadcast video equipment valued in excess of $2M.
- White House Television Supervisor at White House Communications Supervisor
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Organizational Managment
● DPSST Supervisor Certificate 1999
● DPSST Middle Management Certificate 2000
- Communications Supervisor at La Grande Police Department
- Communications Supervisor at La Grande Police Department
- at La Grande Police Department
- Supervisor at Dispatch Police
24 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Psychology
- - Medical Terminology
• Escorted, assigned, and personally oversaw the transportation of communication gear being carried via aircraft throughout the Middle East.
• Re-erected, maintained, and assisted operating essential radio nets; utilized by top personnel to communicate to NATO forces throughout the Middle East.
• Accounted for, Issued, and properly stored, hundreds of batteries employed within numerous radios; along with other essential communications equipment.
• Served as a Radio Communications helpdesk for local operations, providing non scripted troubleshooting to reastablish communications. SPECIALTY TRAINING
• Sergeants Leadership course, Camp Pendleton CA, 2018
- Communications Supervisor at U.S. Marines
- U.S. Marine Lance Corporal - Sergeant at U.S. Marine Corps base Camp Pendleton
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- Managed, maintained, and supervised all Communications between Trains, HQ, and stations allowing trains to run smoothly and safely. - Managed 60 routers, 129 Switches, 11 Servers, 100 Wireless WiMAX radios, 17 UPS Eaton Systems - Worked with Radio Systems, Large Server Rooms, Multiple Server, VLANS, Cisco, WiMAX, CCTV, PA Systems, Lenel, Access Control, VoIP, IT Services - Knowledge in Train Operations - Certified to Climb (Tower Climb Certified)
- Communications Supervisor at RTD/DTO
- Computer Sciences Educator at Miami Dade County Public Schools
- Network Admin/IT Manager/IT Director at IT Genesis
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school
- Associate - AA computer science
- Bachelor's - Computer systems instructor.
Coordinated training, scheduling, and daily operations for an 8-member Switchboard Communications Section supporting the 4,600-man United Nations Peacekeeping Mission to Ethiopia and Eritrea
- Switchboard Communications Supervisor at UNITED NATIONS MISSION TO ETHIOPIA-ERITREA (UNMEE)
- Patient Counselor at SEMBEL HOSPITAL
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Medical Aesthetician
- Bachelor of Science - Public Health
Managed day to day operations of the Communications Center, supervising 10 employees assigned to various shifts. Maintained scheduling for the section approved leave based on scheduling needs. Conducted interviews for new hires and Coordinated training for employees to maintain certifications.
- Communications Supervisor/Training Coordinator at United States Park Police
- Protective Security Officer at Paragon Inc
- Communications Supervisor/Training Coordnator at Mare Island Police Department
- DOD Police Officer at Mare Island Police Department
18 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Law EnforcemenUCriminal Justice