I started as a detention officer and after few months I was promoted to transportation/ court officer. After which I was assigned as community corrections officer and OIC for the county fleet.
- Community Corrections Officer/ Transport Officer at Otero County Detention Center
- Firefighter at Alamo West Fire Rescue
- Special Education Teacher at De La Salle Araneta University
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education Major in Special Education
Routine checks on clients. Breathalyzer and UA tests. Pat down and bedroom checks. Scheduling appointments clients.
- Community Corrections Officer at Intervention Community Corrections Services
- Ramp Agent/Lead at Menzies Aviation
- Porter/Pojects/Maintenance at Usds
- Stocker/Maintenance/Produce at Walmart
1 month at this Job
- - Psychology
*Identifies and processes inmates for administrative and court ordered releases. *Interviews inmates and conducts research to validate information and/or screen for program eligibility. *Conducts investigations to verify background information and community ties to provide a detailed profile of each inmate. *Administers the risk assessment instrument to evaluate the risk of reoffending and flight and to assign appropriate supervision level. *Performs other duties as assigned.
- Community Corrections Officer at ORANGE COUNTY CORRECTIONS
- Correctional Release Specialist at ORANGE COUNTY CORRECTIONS
- Loss Prevention Detective at NEIMAN MARCUS
- Residential Counselor at YOUTH VILLAGES
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology - Criminology
- Community Corrections Officer at Washington State Department of Corrections
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Management and Leadership
- Bachelor's - Social Work
Supervised convicted felons through case management; based on their needs, have them complete substance abuse, mental health treatment, offender change programs like MRT or Stress and Anger management, counseling, family reunification programs and other services to reduce recidivism.
Lead 3 Officer who supervised probation officers and acted as a supervisor when the supervisor was absent from his/her position.
My duties included:
• conducting pre-sentence investigations for release of prison.
• completing intake packets to orient offenders and address their needs.
• administering assessments such as risks, needs and substance abuse.
• referring them to polygraphs, read, maintain and evaluate documents results based on needs.
• making sound decisions concerning their financial obligations, loss of liberty, sanctions, living arraignments, treatment and educational referrals.
• navigating within and maintain multiple electronic and hardcopy files.
• worked with multiple phone lines; computer OBTS, Microsoft and MAC, a little Excel, a little PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; copiers, faxing, tape recorder.
• reviewing and updating their plans and programming needs.
• conducting searches of offenders, their homes, motor vehicles and collateral locations.
• completing collateral contacts through field contacts with/without local police.
• use of motivational interviewing and techniques to enhance change-interpersonal relationships, reinforcement, disapproval, use of authority, cognitive restructuring, modeling, structures learning/skill building and problem solving techniques.
• counseled people regarding community resources and community service.
• identified, collect, document, process and maintain evidence and information.
• issued and served warrants; arrest, handcuff, search and transport offenders to local jail or prison detention centers.
• investigated, documented and served written documentation and oral testimony in court, the violations of the offender.
- Community Corrections Officer 3 (Parole Officer 3) at State of Washington, Department of Corrections
- Juvenile Counselor at Friends of Youth
- Counselor for Homeless at Downtown Emergency Service Center
- Receptionist at MetLife Capital Corporation, Financial Planning Division
18 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Business
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice / Sociology
My job is to implement counseling techniques and conduct searches, seizures, and arrests.
- Community Corrections Officer at State of Washington - Department of Corrections (DOC)
- Juvenile Rehabilitation Residential Counselor at DSHS Washington
- Group Life Counselor II at Oregon Youth Authority
- Salesperson at Party Auto Wholesale
8 months at this Job
- Drug and Alcohol counseling certificate of achievement - Chemical Dependency
- Bachelors - Sociology
Position responsible for overseeing and supervising 350 residents of Duvall Residential Facility. These staff are responsible for the supervision of clients and overall security of the Duvall Residential Facility and its immediate surroundings. This position reports to the Security Shift Team Leader, and is responsible for the day-to-day security and operations related to Duvall Residential Facility. This position is directly responsible for public safety, client accountability, as well as adherence to evidence based practices.Responsible for the daily supervision and security of clients and staff.
- Community Corrections Officer at Marion County Community Corrections
- Security Officer at TRINITY EXECUTIVE SERVICES
- Site Supervisor at G4S Secure Solution USA
- Shift Supervisor at G4S Secure Solution USA
2 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice
- Some college
Supervised offenders of various custody levels and placed them in appropriate programming based off of their criminogenic needs through risk analysis
● Tracked offender progress through various programs and tracking systems to ensure compliance with conditions of supervision
● Lead team of 5, facilitated the implementation of Regional Parole pilot program
● Writing warrants for offenders who absconded from supervision
● Writing chronological notes on the progress and conditions of supervised offenders
- Community Corrections Officer at Arizona Department of Corrections
- Corrections Officer II at Arizona Department of Corrections
- Security Guard at Mohave County Sheriff's Office
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Conducting hourly rounds and head count. Monitoring all inmate and officer movements to ensure safety. Working closely with the ITP’s and overseeing the kitchen as they reside in there for working hours. Shake downs of pods if suspicious activity occurs. Pat downs for all new intakes. Certified in drug/ breathalyzer testing.
- Community Corrections Officer at Reality House Programs, Inc
- Area Department Manager at Dillard's, Inc.
- Physical Therapy Internship (Sumer) at Pro Rehab
- Key Holder at Francesca's
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - Basic
• Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration as a JRCA
• Department of Social and Health Services; Financial Specialist II
• Bon Marche; Sales Associate
• River Ridge High School; Junior Varsity Soccer Coach
- Department of Corrections Community Corrections Officer at Department of Social and Health Services
22 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- - sales