• Provide intensive home visiting services to pregnant and postpartum women and children up to age 2 using evidence based curriculum through the Nurse Family Partnership Program. Assess maternal, infant, and early childhood health and education needs to promote optimal healthy growth and development. Assist families in recognizing their unique strengths, facilitate their own problem solving and reach their own health and wellness goals.
• Promote breastfeeding. Provide education and support for lactating women and to the community at large. Provide consultation for feeding issues and proper pumping and storage technique.
• Provide pregnancy support and education for positive pregnancy outcomes, labor and delivery and birth plan, fetal development, perinatal nutrition, stress management, parental mental health, and infant/toddler mental health. Promote healthy bonding and secure attachment beginning in utero and throughout infancy and toddlerhood.
• Conduct physical and developmental assessments including anthropometric measurements, and biochemical screening, perinatal mood disorder screening including depression, anxiety, intimate partner violence, and loneliness/isolation. Conduct developmental assessment with infants and toddlers including Ages and Stages Questionnaire-3 and SE. Provide referrals to health care providers and social services as appropriate and participate in shared plans of care.
• Complete Women, Infants, Children (WIC) certifications for pregnant/postpartum women and infants and children.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE II at LINCOLN COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- Community Health Nurse II at LANE COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES OCOTOBER
- COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE, PER DIEM at ANGELL JOB CORPS
- FAMILY CARE CONNECTION CONSULTANT at Oregon State University Lincoln County Extension
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTERS CERTIFICATE - Infant Toddler Mental Health
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING - NURSING
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN NURSING - NURSING
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - Early Childhood Education
• Steward Home Care ◦ RN Case Manager/VNA Skills:
• RN Case Management task/skills 1. Initiated and developed patients plan of care determined by Health team, including assessment, evaluations, and nursing diagnoses 2. Liaised between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans 3. Assisted patients with multiple chronic diagnosis including COPD and asthma 4. Proficient in MDS (Minimum Data Set) assessment tool 5. Visited patients in their homes and performed comprehensive examinations whiles also communicating effectively with the Health team 6. Performed supervised visits to assess compliance with plan of care 7. Proficient in wound care for infected and non infected wounds
• Multi-Lingual (English and Twi, local language in Ghana)
• Deep knowledge of computer skills such as word, power point and excel
• Perform thorough head-to-toe assessment, administration of IM, oral, subcutaneous and IV medications, wound care management, reading of heart rhythms on a telemetry (high/low heart rates, afib, vfib, etc.), maintaining aseptic techniques during nursing care, just to name a few.
• In-depth knowledge of the medical terminology
• Know the working order of most medical instruments like a blood pressure machine, bladder scanner, INR device, Glucometer, EMR's (Epic and ECW), just to name a few. STUDENT NURSE
- Family Medicine/Community Health Nurse at Lowell Community Health Center
- Registered Nurse at Cleveland Clinic Hospital
- Student Nurse at Fairview hospital - Practicum
- at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing - Nursing
*Community Health Nurse: Provide comprehensive professional, public health nursing services for all ages through assessment, implementation and evaluation for individuals and their families in both the clinical and home setting. * Immunization and Clinic Nurse: Educate parents and youth on vaccines and administer vaccinations to clients. Treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and educate clients about the transmission of such communicable disease through one on one counseling as well as outreach testing and community based education programs. * Develop an education program and discussion topics for youth and adolescents on drug and alcohol use and abuse. Present these educational programs in school based setting and the community and engage youth, young adults and adults on the multifaceted and often complex issues surround substance abuse. Engage youth and adolescents in creating their own awareness campaign. * Primary Tuberculosis Nurse: Conduct clinics and provide specialized nursing to prevent spread of TB and infectious diseases. Nursing Experience Cedar Sinai Urgent Care, Los Angeles CA A high volume, fast paced Urgent Care servicing a highly diverse population with a variety of urgent health care needs Urgent Care Clinical Supervisor, CSMG Foundation *Supervisor/Trainer of all the clinical staff (RNs, LVNs and MAs) who support the physicians and providers in delivery of care in multiple fast paced, high volume Urgent Cares in Los Angeles. Developed the RN training Program and manual for newly hired RNs. Organized in-services, lectures and educational programs for staff on nursing best practices.
- Community Health Nurse, Primary TB Nurse at Bethlehem Health Bureau
- Urgent Care Charge RN at
- Emergency Department Staff RN at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital Emergency Department
- ED Nurse Extern at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital Emergency Department
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Political Science
- Associate's Degree - Registered Nursing
• Under the School Health Program, served as School Nurse within the Manatee County School District at Sea Breeze Elementary and Sugg Middle.
• Scheduled, coordinated and carried out all health screenings for mandated grade levels and referrals.
• Trained, monitored and evaluated health support staff in the school health setting.
• Reviewed student health records to ensure state immunization laws were met and student health issues were identified and addressed; acted as case manager for students with special acute and chronic conditions, coordinating services between parents and physicians.
• Intervened on behalf of student, with school personnel, when health issues affected the educational process; participated in child study team process towards placement of students in ESE programs or in need of 504/IEP plan.
• Taught annual Health Education classes in Human Growth & Development, Dental Health, Nutrition, etc.
- Community Health Nurse at Florida Department of Health in Manatee County
- Part-Time Registered Nurse at IMG Academy
- Per Diem Registered Nurse at Palm Shores Behavioral Health Center
- Registered Nurse at Devereux Children's Behavioral Health Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Nursing
10 month grant position ♦ Developed and maintained regional directory for 7 counties ♦ Emphases on substance use treatment, mental health services, overdose prevention, and syringe service programs. ♦ Identified, engaged, and referred at-risk individuals to prevention, harm-reduction, or treatment services in their local communities. ♦ Documented all contact attempts in project specific database. ♦ Confirmed linkage to referral services by 30-day follow-up call to all clients to whom initial contact was made.
- Community Health Nurse Consultant at Department of Health
- Area Vice President-Operations at Amedisys Hospice
- Executive Director at Crossroads Hospice
- Director, Patient Services at Hospice & Palliative Care Partners of Ohio
5 months at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration in Health Care - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing - Nursing
- Community health nurse at Rose meadow community health
- Icu nurse at Nepean hospital
1 year at this Job
- Diploma in general nursing
- Graduate certificate in critical care
· Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Patient Care Services staff including Medical Assistants assigned to a specific team in the health center
· Assists with program development and evaluation; serves as interdepartmental liaison
• Assists the Health Center Operations Director as well as Healthcare Providers in planning, scheduling, implementing and evaluating daily patient visits and clinical operations of the care team.
• Provides education to patients and families.
• Provides nursing assessment and triage over the phone and in person; administers medications and assures maintenance of a safe patient care environment
- Community Health Nurse at Erie Family Health Center
- Principal Program Assistant at Lake County Health Department-Behavioral Health
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associates in General Studies - General Studies
Assess senior population's physiological, environmental and social health needs necessary to safely age in place.
● Utilizes evidence based health strategies and programing tools to develop presentations suitable for senior audience.
● Organize and coordinate with community stakeholders to provide health fairs, screenings and flu clinics for local senior programs
● Provides skilled nursing care and case management services to senior resdients in the Franklin Plaza NORC (naturally occurring retirement community).
● Collaborates with client's support system, medical providers and allied health proffesionals in order to maintain optimal care delivery for client's transitioning from hospital to home and those with new and ongoing health needs.
● Interviews, trains and supervises personnel and students to provide skilled nursing care and case management to community members.
- Community Health Nurse at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center
- Public Health Nurse at
- Adjunct Instructor at Hunter- Bellevue School of Nursing
- Public Health Nurse at New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Office of School Health
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Master of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- - dealing
Rural Health Unit- Orion * Serves patients by visiting homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies. * Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of patient; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members; teaching home nursing, maternal and child care; providing instructions in other subjects related to individual and community welfare. * Safeguards health of children by participating in child health conferences, school health; providing group instruction for parents; conducting immunization programs. * Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs and patient records. * Provides maternal and neonatal care.
- Community Health Nurse at RNHeals Project
- Clinic Nurse at Wellness and Rejuvenation Center
- Clinical Staff at Roads and Bridges to Recovery, Pasig City
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
In conjunction with an Advance Nurse Practitioner, conducted comprehensive health assessments of male and females in a prison setting related to communicable diseases; STD,
HIV and AIDS.
• Provided education on the disease process, prevention and PREP at 13 different prisons.
• Developed, collected and maintained statistical data on patient records
- Community Health Nurse at Alachua County Health Department
- STD Nurse Clinician at Alachua County Health Department
- Staff Nurse at
- Associate Director of Nursing at Signature Health Care
6 months at this Job
- Masters - Public Administration/Health Care Administration
- Baccalaureate - Nursing