Community Health Worker responsible for scheduling patients for medical appointments, waiving their financial bills, medical interpretation, assisted in coordinating with patient/Provider regarding procedures and medication intake instructions. Implemented office hours to better serve patients who may have questions and assist with resource needs.
- Community Health Worker at GOOD SAMARITAN FREE HEALTH CENTER
- Interpreter at GLOBAL TO LOCAL LANGUAGE EXPERTS
- Caregiver at ECI INC
5 months at this Job
- Master's in Social Work-Mental Health - Social Work-Mental Health
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
Rancho Cucamonga, CA Coordinated Entry System - Pathways Home Housing Coordination Program Community Health Worker Intern/Practicum Site
- Community Health Worker Intern at 211 San Bernardino County - Inland Empire United Way
6 months at this Job
- Certification - Family Life
- High School Diploma
Work ℹ Info Tab is selected Work Tab is selected
Edelmans Mental Health
11080 Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Community Health Worker
March 2018 - Present
Sherwood Brown, MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES COORD II
Reason For Leaving
May we contact this employer?
•Intake new transfer clients to Wellness Center
•Provides care coordination, case management, and system navigation to participants and their families, including but not limited to assisting participants to learn to use the health care system appropriately as well as effectively and to access social services.
•Provides emergency services to participants by making referrals to appropriate supportive agencies and arranging for emergency shelter
•Receives and screens referrals from social workers, eligibility workers, and medical case workers to assist Medi-Cal participants and/or other marginalized individuals and communities in a variety of ways such as obtaining food stamps and housing, medical care, mental health services, and/or substance use disorder services
•Takes medical, housing, mental health, family, social, and employment histories and assists participants in completing application forms for benefits and services.
•Assist with planning and coordinating outreach activities.
•Participate in outreach events.
•Intake and enrollment of homeowner and tenant applications.
•Advocates for participants' access to county and community resources
- Community Health Worker at Department of Mental Health
- Community Base Liason clerk at Department Of Children & Family Services
- Court Process Unit Clerk at Departmen Children & Family services
- Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk at Los Angeles County
1 year at this Job
- A.A. - Business Administration
As a Community Health Worker I am responsible for conducting SBIRT screenings and individual needs assessment within client homes and in the community. As a requirement for obtaining this position it was my responsibility to obtain and uphold my certification as a Certified Community Health Worker. In addition to completing assessments and screenings it is my responsibility to administer screening tools which include, but are not limited to, the Social Determinant of Health, PHQ-9, and GAD-7 as well as to complete Tx plans for each client. As a community health worker I am responsible for upholding a caseload of over 40 clients at a time as well as ensuring that the appropriate referrals are made for each client while providing ongoing support and monitoring. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, I have been responsible for creating multiple case presentations to be presented in front of teams of medical doctors, insurance company representatives, and representatives from BHDDH and other government entities.
- Community Health Worker at EXPERIECE
- Residential Supervisor at The Evergreen Center
- Lead Instructor at
- Residential Care Coordinator at Family Service of Rhode Island
10 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- BA - English/Creative Writing
2500 Bates Concord, CA 94520 United States 12/2010 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Community Health Worker Specialst Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Home Visits conducting and interviewing clients to determining the nature of interest; questions; need; and concerns per pertaining to individual assessments. Explaining policies rules and regulations. Medicare and MediCal healthcare coverage Insurance. Linking programs; obtaining information in order to determine eligibility for programs administered and using automation tools to access and update information about claims or potential eligibility. Providing assistance to the general public in person, by telephone, or in writing. Providing technical information, gather facts, evaluate evidence, and take action to resolve problems relating to all programs guidelines. Gathering and collecting data; daily reports and correspondence. Supervisor: Deborah Paterson (925-334-6108) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Community Health Worker Specialst at Contra Costa County Department of Public Health
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Science/liberal arts
• Coordinated healthcare for uninsured patients
• Taught diabetic education classes and assisted with nutrition workshops
• Carried out home visits and taught patients how to operate their medical equipments
• Participated in a State presentation on the work of a Community Health Worker employed at UTMB
• Participated in a video introducing the Community Health Program to different counties
- Community Health Worker at The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Internship at Coastal Area Health Education Center
- Certified Pharmacy Technician at Medco Health Solutions
- Insurance Specialist at National Group Life Insurance Company
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Behavioral Science
- Bachelor of Science - Health Studies
Aug. 2017- Pres. I work with several different dynamics of our community, such as serving at the local soup kitchen, distributing food to our under privileged population at our local food bank, coordinating the mobile pantry that comes up from Reno every month, and aiding in daily contributions with volunteers and community donations within the Ministerial Associations. I also aid in community resources and local referrals to people in need of seeking housing, employment, medical needs, and SNAP benefits. Community Health Worker with AmeriCorps, Frontier Community Coalition
- Community Health Worker at Winnemucca Ministerial Association
- Community Health Worker I at Food Bank
- Program Coordinator at The Tungland Corporation
- Care Coordinator/Assistant Manager at AtHome Care
1 year, 7 months at this Job
As a Community Health Worker at UT Physicians I am responsible to help patients in utilize
resources, including scheduling appointments, assisting with applications for programs for which they may be eligible such as transportation to medical appointments.
• Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community needs, resources, services and programs available.
• Responsible for collecting data and reporting back to the care team which include of a case manager, social worker, and community health education specialist. I am also responsible to coordinate community events and follow up with participants.
- Community Health Worker at UT Physicians
- Community Health Worker at Healthy Homes
- Member Services Representative at Texas Children's Hospital
- Customer Care Agent, Retention Specialist at StarTex Power
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
- Associate of Science
- - Bilingual
Plan health-focused events for LGBT POC in the Detroit area Design marketing materials for events Social Media management Trained in HIV testing and prevention Foster Relationships between Community and Agency Co-run Youth Advisory board for Trans Women if color TAP2 Meet Deadlines and complete guidelines per CDC regulation.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER at Community Health Awareness Group
- PR Chair at Wake Upp 501c3
- ACCOUNT SPECIALIST at Rock Connections
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Relations
Community Health Worker for the county of Riverside in Lake Elsinore CA. I work with all level of care
- Community Health Worker at Riverside County Regional Medical Center
- Substance Abuse Counselor at Hemet Valley Recovery Center
- Substance Abuse Counselor at Whiteside Manor
- Substance Abuse Counselor at Southern California Addiction Center
5 months at this Job
- CADC II, ICADC - Substance Abuse Counselor