Community Organizer-American Friends Service Community Stockton, CA . Oversee events . Help plan and organize community events such as festivals, recognition ceremonies, and community marches . Developed people, organizational, and professional skills . Always providing a positive attitude, hard work, and dedication to any project assigned . Answer phone calls, make appointments, and organize files . Listen and provide assistance to those who have experienced an unjust situation . Raise awareness for farm worker rights . Promote the company, and help raise funds . Keep books and manage where funds go and how those funds are spent . Work with families experiencing deportation crises . Find temporary housing for those in need . Worked as an individually and as a team . Lead group meetings to determine what new projects and community events can be constructed . Work closely with the media . Conduct group therapy to those who experience separation due to deportation
- Community Organizer at
- Aegis Treatment Center: Caseload Manager/ Counselor - Stockton, CA at
- Valley Mountain Regional Center: Service Coordinator/Case Manager- Stockton, CA at
- San Joaquin County Of Education Substitute Teacher- Stockton, CA at
at this Job
- Masters - social work
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
- Associates of Arts
Affiliated with the Center for Urban Studies at Wayne State University, the AmeriCorps community organizer implements initiatives to increase public safety and decrease victimization in targeted neighborhoods throughout the City of Detroit. They work with neighborhood residents to create block clubs, start citizen patrols, board up vacant properties, clear safe pathways for students near schools, and implement crime prevention strategies in an attempt to improve levels of neighborhood guardianship, thereby reducing victim attractiveness and susceptibility. These methods increase communication and awareness on matters of public safety. Relationships are fostered with residents as well as corporations, schools, churches and police precincts.
- Community Organizer at AmeriCorps
- case manager at Case Monitor, Volunteers of America
- at Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit
- iOS Technical Support at Kelly Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Sociology
As an Organizer for Miami, I help connect passionate product people with expert product people and innovative businesses. I am responsible for all logistics of organizing events in Miami: securing speakers, venues and hosting and community development across multiple platforms.
- Community Organizer at Product School
- Product Manager at Stayfilm
- Managing Director at Monalisa Agency
- Head of UI at Monalisa Agency
1 month at this Job
- - Business Management
- - Product and Brand Management
• Organized Events For The Community
• Social Justice
• Interacting With Adults, Youth, Etc
- Community Organizer at Alternatives for community and environment (ACE)
- Doctor's Assistant at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- None Yet - Fashion Technology Major
Conducted organizational community outreach to inform tenants of organization's and community services, and current events. ❖ Structured tenant associations to bring individuals together on controversial issues through education. ❖ Composed targeted call list to distribute to staff and members for phone banking using powerbase platform. ❖ Developed tenant leaders among members by guiding leadership efforts through direct or indirect action. ❖ Observed local practices beliefs and interactions between community residents, landlord and management, local/city government services. ❖ Documented members experience to generate actionable reports, as needed to provide solutions to the community's problems.
- Community Organizer at Community Action for Safe Apartments (CASA)
- Community Organizing Intern at Community Action for Safe Apartments (CASA)
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.A. - Philosophy
- Bachelor's - philosophy & ethics
• Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
• Following call center "scripts" when handling different topics.
• Identifying customers' needs, clarity information, research every issue and providing solutions.
• Designed, managed and implemented training programs for the Supporters of sow - a - seed, safe routes.
• Recruited over 200 volunteers in the last 5 years to help during Events and everyday operations.
• Responsible for the content published on the company's blog, Facebook page and newsletter.
• Coordinator of the grant writing and implementation process.
• Main organizer of 3 years annual events for highlighting the benefits Of sow - a- seed, safe routes: the summer community garden growth, patrolling safe routes and block club fairs.
• Gave keynote speeches on occasions of different conferences, events and as guest on behalf of the organization.
• Produced monthly reports including the number of active Members, new members, social media followers, and activists.
• Responsible for all the paperwork necessary to access funding, to justify the activity and acting as contact point for the authorities.
• Representing the organization at networking events.
- COMMUNITY ORGANIZER at NORTHEND NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
- Tech at VOLUTEERED - ORGANIZATIONS
- Community Organizer at MICHIGAN COMMUNITY RESOURCE
- COMMUNITY ORGANIZER at ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF ART DEGRE E - Political Science
Manage staff for field and phone operations supporting political candidates and issues. Fully trained with Political Data (PDI) software. Duties include hiring, training, and motivating employees. Operations statewide thru Election Day Assignments in SF Bay Area, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. Educate public, register voters, conduct field polls, gather signatures as community organizer. Political activist for party candidates and progressive causes. Ballot observer for post-election contested races.
- Campaign Manager / Community Organizer at CA Democratic Party via Political Action Committees
- Customer Service Representative at Menlo Partners Staffing / Lavante
- Telecom Sales Rep at Omni Computer
- Customer Care Agent at Apple Vacations
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- AA - Liberal Arts
• Responsible for building two to three team of low-income parents in East St. Louis per year
• Facilitate and coordinate components of the organizations three year family focused organizing process for each team.
• Facilitate trainings for local and out of state organizations
• Supervise parent peer trainers and intern
• Develop parents’ leadership skills and their capacity to effect change in their own lives and in their communities.
• Organize the parent teams to inform early learning collaborations in each community and to develop and implement concrete projects and campaigns to create positive changes.
• Building and maintaining relationships with funders and local stakeholders Skills Used Organizational skills Leadership skills Computer Skills Networking Skills
- Community Organizer at Community Organizing and Family Issues
- Math Fellow at Blueprint Schools Network
- Teacher at Leaps and Bounds Learning Center
- Intern at Griffin Center
at this Job
- Masters - Education
- Bachelors of Science - Sociology
- Associates of Applied Science - Paralegal/Legal Assistant
• Worked as a community organizer and department liaison for the diverse communities for Los Angeles region and 6 major universities around Los Angeles area
• Contacted various community organizations for outreach, and gave presentations and speeches about Neighborhood Councils to over 300 people
• Proposed and executed outreach plan of Korean community for 2018 Koreatown Neighborhood Council election, which involved over 20,000 voters
• Coordinated City Hall community gathering event by inviting and following up with 100+ community leaders
• Helped polish Korean translation for department's Korean documents
- Election Assistant III / Community Organizer at City of Los Angeles - Department of Neighborhood Empowerment
- Interpreter / Translator / Teacher at Freelance
- Community Outreach Coordinator at California's 34th Congressional District Special Election Campaign
- Human Resources & Legal Affairs Representative at H.I.S. International Tours Inc
8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Asian Studies
As needed) Planned and coordinated process actions; coordinated department policy and procedure. Informed division chiefs and employees of time sensitive issues. Scheduled appointments for employees to provide support and assist with problem solving of any pertinent issues that impacted daily work activities.
- Community Organizer at Institute for Community Peace
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients at Dillard's Inc
- Community Organizer at Hope Community Development Agency
- Assistant Store Manager at Footlocker Inc
7 years at this Job